[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite game and why is it one of pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0667.jpg (170KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0667.jpg
170KB, 1920x1080px
What's your favorite game and why is it one of pic related?
>>
>>31112367
Was literally just thinking about this game.
>comfy as fuck region
>great mon designs
>mons that followed you
>gba sounds
>right before the series went comeplete shit with black and white
>this game got me back into pokemon
>black and white got me back out
Maybe it was so good because it was surrounded by shit games
>>
File: 1481408255518.png (399KB, 1000x805px) Image search: [Google]
1481408255518.png
399KB, 1000x805px
I loved SS and still play it every once and a while just to see my bros again but I can't really get into it now that I've played 3D era games, honestly once followers come back I'll probably just trade/inject them into a new game and be done with it
>>
>>31112367
That's not Mother 3, though.
>>
File: bee.png (45KB, 248x204px) Image search: [Google]
bee.png
45KB, 248x204px
>>31112367
still have my pokewalker
can get legal fly + surf pikachu from there
>>
1. It's a remake, and because of timing it happens to be the first remake with the special/physical split.
2. Instead of ORAS which removed and changed half the game, HG/SS only add with nothing major getting removed aside from slots but that's Europes fault.
3. Best sprite based gen, no wonky moving pokemon mid battle, no forced 3D perspective.
4. awesome music, that can be replaced with GBC versions if you want.
5. Dispite the huge flaw of level scaling johto/Kanto is best possible region combo unless they pull a Alola/Kanto/Johto fuckery in stars
>>
>>31112490
You can't even transfer it though because it has HM moves.
>>
File: 1474857067118.jpg (224KB, 900x1006px) Image search: [Google]
1474857067118.jpg
224KB, 900x1006px
I love Sun so much, sunk 99 hours into the bitch, but why can't it just have more of a postgame like HGSS broes

all i ask for is explorable areas in the postgame for us casuals, and more of a battle facility that has the rental pokemon (that stuff was the shit)
>>
I like how every Pokemon city and town has its own feature, or a tourist attraction, I think that's what gives them a sense of traveling.

Having said that, I'd say HG/SS were my favorites, I was quite impressed with the Bellsprout Tower in Violet City having one of those central pillars that are in actual Japanese temples to prevent earthquakes. Goldenrod City is also probably the most chill place to look around.

Erika is my favorite Gym leader, and I love that you can rematch her with a stronger lineup, along with the other Gym leaders.
>>
>>31112367
>GSC still aren't on the eshop

no excuse
>>
Call me crazy, but I think I prefer the GBC version of the music. Not that I think the remake's soundtrack is bad, but I can feel a little more creativity going on in originals with having to use such a limited sound font.

Goldenrod immediately comes to mind. I feel that the GBC version seems more appropriate for both the day and night atmosphere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezmCRcMTjXI

>>31112639
>Goldenrod City is also probably the most chill place to look around.

I agree. I also like the seaside atmosphere of Olivine too, because it reminds me of my old neighbourhood
>>
>>31112639
Johto has some really nice places, the National Park was probably my favorite area in the entire series.

I wouldn't at all mind a 3D re-imagining of it in a future game, especially if they made the cities more dense and urban-feeling
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.