[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to go back and play some of the gens I skipped when i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Pokemon_platinum.jpg (40KB, 440x320px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_platinum.jpg
40KB, 440x320px
I want to go back and play some of the gens I skipped when i was growing up and "too cool for pokemon"

so people say platinum is pretty good. but do I need to play diamond or pearl first to get the full enjoyment? or can I jump straight into platinum.
>>
platinum is a lousy game. if you play hg/ss you simply get the definitive gen 4 game. it does everything better and is more interesting. it does for platinum what bw2 did for bw: make them obsolete.
>>
>>31106425
yeah but i played g/s when they came out. I'm trying to fill the holes in my pokemon knowledge from the skipped gens
>>
>>31106452
then by all means go ahead. you don't need diamond and pearl which are worse versions of plat
>>
Platinum is pretty much Diamond and Pearl done right, so I'd say only play the latter if you want to fully appreciate the changes made. You're fine just going for Platinum.
>>
>>31106405
You'll enjoy Platinum more if you don't play DP
>>
>>31106478
This.
>>
>>31106405
don't listen to people like>>31106425. yes, I do agree hg/ss are the best games of gen 4 but definitely go back and play platinum. It's got pokemon you've most likely never used, there's a lot to do in the main campaign and post game, it is slow compared to the rest of the series but honestly it's not as bad as people make it out to be. My only compliant is how long it takes to save. and definitely play hg/ss and b/w and then b2/w2
>>
Just play Platinum. Fair warning though, gen 4's engine is awful. The game is slow as fuck, and saving is going to take a while if you have caught anything or touched the PC since your previous save.
>>
>>31106405
Platinium is the only way to play Sinnoh. Everything is just better. You'll miss out some mon but story is much better
>>
Just play Platinum
>>
>>31106425
Shut the fuck up you autist, that's not what he asked.

And HGSS is a remake, having gen 4 mechanics and engine doesn't make it the "definitive gen 4 game", when gen 4 is set in Sinnoh, and yes Platinum is the definitive Sinnoh game. Skip D/P.
>>
>>31106425
HGSS is a decent game the first time and then fucking snore city the rest of the time. Still has most of the same unpolished problems from GSC. Platinum is the perfect pokemon formula game and one of the best games in the series alongside SM and (begrudgingly since BW1 were so dogshit) BW2
>>
>>31106669
>best games in the series alongside SM and (begrudgingly since BW1 were so dogshit)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.