[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leave the Meta to me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 105Marowak-Alola.png (595KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
105Marowak-Alola.png
595KB, 1280x1280px
Leave the Meta to me
>>
If you traveled back in time to the XY days, and told people that morowak was OU, they would laugh

Hard
>>
>Makuhita used Knock Off!
>>
File: Do_or_Do_nut.png (176KB, 421x323px) Image search: [Google]
Do_or_Do_nut.png
176KB, 421x323px
>>31106822
If you traveled back in time to the GSC days, and told people that morowak was OU, they would be fine with that
>>
>>31106133
Literally the only good looking pokemon in SM and it was a modified gen 1 pokemon.

Even Game Freak realizes their new games won't sell unless they include content from the original games.
>>
>>31106822
>If you traveled back in time to the XY days, and told people that talonflame was PU, they would rage
>>
What makes this fucker good when regularWak is shit?
>>
>>31109611
Incredible anti-meta typing and ability. He flat out counters 2 tapus and about 4-5 UBs in the current meta and checks tons of stuff
Thicc club means he can also dish out good damage with his STABs
>>
>>31109661

So... it's really just the typing?
What kinda build does it want?
>>
>>31106822
No they wouldn't. Megas were a thing established in Gen VI. People would wonder just what kind of buff it got.
>>
>>31109661
If the typing is a big deal then why isn't Chandelure getting some more usage as well?
>>
>>31110190
It also has a versatile moveset.
>>
>>31110190
I use him with
Flame charge, Bonemarang (For breaking subs and fucking over electric and rock), shadow bone for stab, and stone edge for flying

And lightning rod to make him immune to electric
>>
>>31110229

Ability is part of it, he said, so... Electric immunity is essential.

Don't know what else, though.
>>
Piece of shit gets OHKO'ed by Lele.Garbage mon.
>>
>>31110229
Chandelure can't take a boosted Thunderbolt to the face.
>>
>>31110238

What moves does it tend to want most, though? Shadow Bone, maybe, but otherwise?

Also, what Nature and EVs are most effective?
>>
>>31106822
They will laugh again in january and even harder with stars and aöö mega stones released
>>
>>31110254
Top kek
>>
>>31110287
underrated
>>
>>31110259
see >>31110243

Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 SpD, 252 HP, and 4 attack.
Item: Thick club

At least that's how I run him
>>
>>31107293
>include content from the original games

Do you want every Pokemon game to be different from the last??
>>
>>31110311

Adamant, but only 4 Attack EVs? Why not Careful or 252 Attack EVs?
>>
>>31110243
>>31110311
Fuck I meant flare blitz not ember rush
>>
>>31110311
>Adamant
>4 Atk EVs
?

???
>>
>>31110250
Literally a majority of mons get OHKO'd by Lele, what's your point?

>>31110259
Adamant's a good nature for it, I believe. You could run Flare Blitz and Earthquake/Thunder Punch for coverage
>>
>>31106822
"Guys, in 2016, Marowak will be OU with no base stat change. It will instead have a slightly different move pool and become Fire/Ghost and get Lightning Rod as a hidden ability."

>>31110245
Thick Club + Flare Blitz OHKOs just about anything that doesn't resist it.
>>
>>31110347
I believe that was the joke.
>>
>>31110363
Its HA is Rock Head.
>>
>>31110311
No no no, this is all wrong.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 112 SpD / 132 Spe (EV spread by Jaguar360)
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz / Fire Punch
- Earthquake / Bonemarang
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic / Stealth Rock / Swords Dance

This is Alola Marowak's most effective moveset, giving it the bulk to switch in a few times on behalf of its resistances. Despite only 16 EVs, it still reaches a very respectable 440 Attack stat with Thick Club, in which it gets two strong STAB moves in Shadow Bone and Flare Blitz to take advantage of. Fire Punch is an alternative if you find the recoil from Flare Blitz a little too much to handle, although the drop in power will be very significant. Earthquake rounds out the set, hitting Pokémon such as Heatran, Tyranitar and Toxapex super effectively. Bonemerang could be used as an alternative to break Substitute and deal more damage under Grassy Terrain, although has only 90% accuracy and thus should only be considered if your team has difficulty with BuluTran cores. The last moveset is Alola Marowak's utility option. Will-O-Wisp allows it to cripple switch-ins such as Landorus-T, Garchomp, Mega Gyarados and Tyranitar among others. Toxic is a good option vs bulky Waters such as Rotom-W, and also bulky Dark types like Guzzlord and Mandibuzz. Stealth Rock is always useful, especially since Alola Marowak can force out a number of Pokémon and thus gets many opportunities to set it up for you team. Swords Dance allows Alola Marowak to put in some serious work vs Stall teams; for example OHKOing Hippowdon with Flare Blitz and Toxapex with Earthquake at +2. The Speed investment gives Alola Marowak the jump over defensive Pokémon such as Clefable, Aegislash and Chansey, while the rest is dumped into SpD to patch up its mediocre special bulk. If you're not concerned about Speed you can run an alternative spread of 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD, giving it about 25% more power.
>>
>>31112958
that ev spread is garbage
just run 252 hp 252 atk 4 sp.D and run it with a Oranguru trickroom lead. That combo will fuck shit up.
>>
>>31112958
why not run Rock Head instead? Then you can actually use Flare Blitz without killing yourself.
>>
>>31113271
Lightning Rod for Electric Immunity for Tapu Cocoa and maybe Xurkitree?
>>
>>31113271
because then you completely lose the ability to check Koko, Xurkitree, and other pokemon with Electric moves like Magnezone and Frankenberry
>>
>>31113185
For vgc it should run at least enough spdef to take a modest lele psychic, possibly more since it barely needs the attack investment. 140 attack is definitely enough, and even 36 adamant picks up pretty much everything you need.
>>
File: 4062-Landorus-Therian.png (75KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
4062-Landorus-Therian.png
75KB, 245x300px
>>31106133
Did I hear Marowak? I think I heard Marowak. Just you wait, bitch.
>>
>>31113271
Lightningrod is a huge part of why it's so great. It's typing resists electric attackers' most common coverage of grass and ice, and it also tanks dazzling gleam from tapu koko. In vgc lightningrod is even more important because it protects your partner from thunderbolts just by being on the field.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.