[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PRISM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 17

File: larvy.png (22KB, 303x309px) Image search: [Google]
larvy.png
22KB, 303x309px
Naljo Ruins too hard edition

>what is this
Pokemon Prism is a canceled romhack based off generation 2 and applied to pokemon crystal

>wasn't this C&D
Yup, we got a near final leak. Most stuff is accessible.

>How do I make the gym leader dream?
This and most other questions can use this guide

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DIcrvv_-Ij0bLgl2yc9Ah7wqeAFbTWcgRuKma4tgueo/edit#gid=0

Download this for most cases (includes source code):
https://mega.nz/#!00xXQCRa!NG6KKTe_LfJR4ksr-BJckAGLwSAMN1DHWp8wnGFVlGs
CIA:
https://mega.nz/#!MwJQTYoA!MAg1uacREMjzpB7EI5CBnabzVNu0B7TVxs8HIqv0TLI

Best current IPS patch:
https://gofile.io/?c=QGGt4S

See "Patches" tab of doc in OP for how to apply.

CIA for that newest patch:
https://mega.nz/#!4wZCXYZB!87_fu0dBDMPdw9mK2tvt3UQYcLesq_LuK8ZSyqebJdw

Someone post other links to CIAs.

Old thread >>31086521
>>
Can you actually catch the Pokemon on prison island or am I just wasting my balls on this Metagross?
>>
>>31105632
You can. The metagross line has a low catchrate.
>>
So I'm relatively new to the whole patching using IPS files, can someone clear something up for me. is the .bak file only created after the game was successfully patched? I wish the IPS program I use would output something saying the patch was successful.
>>
>>31105632
Doesnt Metagross have a catch rate of 3?
>>
File: 1474197749572.jpg (60KB, 640x761px) Image search: [Google]
1474197749572.jpg
60KB, 640x761px
>>31105671
>>31105676
Well shit, the thing just fucked my entire team while I was trying to catch it and I guess it doesn't respawn even if you don't kill it.
>>
>>31105672
I dont know what program you are using, easiest way to check you got the latest version is run your expected output in an emulator on pc, and see if your version number is .92 on the title screen. All others will be .91
>>
>>31105732
I'm using JIPS (linux system). I just checked my version and it's still .91.
>>
>>31105787
Try another patcher then.
>>
>>31105719
Save before battling.
>>
>>31105826
apparently my patch file was just corrupt, cheers anon!
>>
Pallette Patroulers caves are the fucking worst.
>>
Can't believe I've gotten this far without asking for help
How do I get to phlox town? Or better yet, how do I get the 8th gym leader back?
>>
>>31106031
if you have the fluffy coat, go to the cave left of the naljo ruins
>>
>>31106031
>Or better yet, how do I get the 8th gym leader back?
Go to phlox town
>>
>>31106057
Figures I'd forget about that. Thanks
>>
Holy fucking shit, I just got the bike and it's music is legit the best in the game, i'm shocked
>>
>>31106676
I actually thought it was pretty underwhelming. But to each his own.
>>
Where's a good spot to mine for a leaf stone and does it req a certain mining lvl?
Same question for fire stone but I suppose those are common in the fire cave.
>>
>>31106876
firelight caverns legit gives a fire stone as a special mine.

Leaf stones look like you need to raise that mining level
>>
>>31106926
Aight, any spot in particular better when it comes to leaf stones ?
>>
File: Its over.png (17KB, 402x366px) Image search: [Google]
Its over.png
17KB, 402x366px
I did it /vp/, I triumphed over the Pachisi Board all thanks to you.
>>
Do higher level sneasel's have a better chance of having razor claws? Or can i realistically get a claw in mound caves?
>>
>>31107527
You can get it in mound cave. It always has an extremely low chance of being on a wild sneasel.
>>
I wonder what Japanese people would think about this hack.
>>
How do I get into Western Rijon? I have Lois', Sparky's and Koji's badges already. Been wandering for some time.
>>
>>31106676
I fucking love the Team Pallette theme.
>>
>>31107902
Silk Cave.
>>
>>31107924
holy shit man, same here
>>
Where's the 7th gym? I beat the gas lady and I got the spurge leader back?
>>
>>31108130
I wish they'd stick to a completely original soundtrack - at least battle themes. I love the original GSC soundtrack to death, but it feels weird having original and new battle themes mixed together. Maybe they were planning to add new tracks before cancelling the project, who nose.
>>
is it possible to get a Scyther with Technician? I have a lot of them, all with Swarm.
>>
>>31107476
>>31108566
>>
>>31108216
Yes and lots of them were shuffled around. I'm an oldfag who played two betas released in 2007 and 2010 and there were a ton of tracks added and then later removed between builds which can't be heard in our "final" rom. Most of them being from other games. Locations I can remember having removed custom tracks included Oxalis Battle Hall, that cave where you found Larvitar, Oxalis gym, Laurel City, the Pachisi Hall, Heath gym, and the two machines in the Spurge supermarket that used to be nonplayable "arcades" before they were ATMs. Rijon routes also had a rendition of the Cheetahmen II theme.
>>
>>31107476
>>31108630
Technician Scyther is only available on teh Pachisi Board? What about Heath Village??
>>
Should I roll with glalie or frosslass? I like glalie more but it's gonna be a while and idk if he's really that usable?
>>
>>31108927
You're probably just having shitty luck m8
>>
>>31108974
Froslass all day. If you don't mine like a madman then you'll get a dawn stone by level 30, which is where mine started to really slow down
>>
Holy fucking shit I'm sick of the Naljo Ruins you guys. I've only found two damn jewels. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>31109141
Just found a third jewel at least after backtracking.
>>
File: image.jpg (433KB, 712x1100px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
433KB, 712x1100px
I'm having trouble setting the resolution. How can I go fullscreen bordered but not have a fucked up stretched view?
>>
Was the encounter rate always this high
>>
>got err 09h after 7 badges
Woo. Any way to fix it or am I dead?
>>
>>31109198
Always bring like 25 repels at all times.
>>
>>31109177
Would like to know this as well
>>
File: Pokemon Prism_01.png (816B, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Prism_01.png
816B, 160x144px
I get this when i try to edit anything on pkhex or even save the data without editing anything can someone help me?
Im using Vba and Myoldboy!
Also i have 6 badges and i got surf i caught a steel/poison legendary whats next?
there are a lot of places that need strength but i don´t have it
>>
In the Saxifrage Prison, should I be saving up the cage keys or using them sparingly or are there plenty to go around? If I should be using them sparingly what cages are the most important?
>>
>>31109620
They are very few. You should have at leats two reserved. One to release a legendary fakemon, and another to have a chance to catch a wild Metagross.
Save before trying to catch it, obviously.
>>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DIcrvv_-Ij0bLgl2yc9Ah7wqeAFbTWcgRuKma4tgueo/edit#gid=0
>Gamebette
You mean Gambatte right? Its spelled Gambatte.
If I am right please fix it since its locked to everyone else.
>>
>>31109649
Alright, that sucks but thanks. Are the NPCs in the cages just random douchebags too?
>>
>>31109674
Yeah, the only ones who serve any real purpose are the pallet patrollers
>>
>>31109674
Most of them give you another key after you beat them, so your reward for opening their cage is the money and exp you get battling them.
But a couple give you jackshit and waste your keys.
>>
>>31108685
I found the 2010 beta easily enough and here it is if anyone smarter than me wants to extract the custom music that wasn't in the leak we got and maybe put it in a future patch: https://gofile.io/?c=sq4AIM

The 2007 build may have disappeared from the internet entirely.
>>
Is there any trick to getting Varaneous to appear? I heard it's roaming but it's not anywhere according to the pokedex. I've beaten the whole game if that matters
>>
What am I supposed to do if I used up all my cage keys? How do I progress the story?
>>
>>31110271
Can you cheat them into the game along with other items (ie change the Pokemart items and buy it there)?
>>
>>31110271
There's enough keys in the prison to go on with the story. Trust me, I used all of them and still had enough to open all the cages except for all but one downstairs.
>>
File: IMG_4123.png (178KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4123.png
178KB, 640x1136px
I've got all but two badges. Anyone know where I can find these last two gym leaders so I can complete my badge collection?
>>
File: pokeprism-screenshot.png (11KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
pokeprism-screenshot.png
11KB, 320x288px
>>31105676
I call him Nebby for a reason
>>
>>31110551
Where is gym 19? 17 and 18 at johto, iirc
>>
>>31110551
Johto. I haven't reached that point yet but have you tried finding the magnet pass? I also know that there's a cycling road in Rijon that leads to route 34, at least in Brown.
>>
My current team is:
Weavile
Gliscor
Porygon Z (yes I cheated)
Machamp
Gardevoir
Azumarill

I really want a fire type on my team but I don't know which I prefer, Houndour/Houndoom or Magmar/Magmortar. I have never used Magmar/Magmortar before, but I really like houndoom. Having two dark and two fairy would bother my autism though.

I also don't know who to replace.
>>
>>31110271
If it's only for cage key problem, you can just use the cheat to walk through walls.
>>
>>31110551
I don't understand how you got to Kanto without getting Johto badges.
>>
>>31110624
19 is in Kanto. Idk where to get to magnet pass to go to Johto tho.
>>
>>31110681
I can't explain without major spoilers
>>
I don't have the patience to do the magikarp cave section, anyone have a walkthrough of that puzzle?

Just beat the fairy gym, can I get elemental stones at this point? I have an eevee but I'm not sure what I should turn it in to.
Current team
>Venonat
>pupitar
>flaffy
>quilava
>totdile
>Ralts, which I may drop, when does this useless fucker evolve?
>>
>>31110730
Buy tons of pickaxes man.
>>
>>31110699
You don't need the pass for Johto.
>>
>>31110718
Oh wait, I figured it out, I just remembered where you end after you beat a certain place. Didn't think anyone would do that without beating Johto first though.
>>
>>31110730
Ralts becomes Kirlia at lv20, Gardevoir at lv30.

I'm using a Gardevoir right now, and I'm just ready to drop her. She levels up very slowly compared to my other pokemon, she hasn't learned shit in ages, and I pretty much just use her because she has access to Signal Beam and bug type moves are super helpful.
>>
>>31110479
where do i look for more keys? can't seem to find them...
>>
>>31110821
I figured it out. Just made it to Johto. I didn't realize there was a route I hadn't explored yet and it lead right to Johto lol.
>>
>>31110601
>tfw I caught Nebby in a single Dive Ball with yellow health.
>>
>>31110842
Check all the rooms, pools and trash bins.
>>
File: IMG_4131.png (181KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4131.png
181KB, 640x1136px
Hm. Now I'm not sure what to do. I guess I'll go find that roaming legendary shit. I really hate roamers.
>>
>>31110926
why would you balltism in a game where you don't see the balls
>>
File: IMG_4132.png (175KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4132.png
175KB, 640x1136px
Ok so I'm trying to find the legendary Veraneous and the pokedex has been saying it's in this same exact location forever. It's supposed to roam when I move from place to place but it's always there, yet I'll spend an hour or more running around in that area where it's supposed to be trying to find it and it never pops up. Is this a bug or something? It's getting rather frustrating.
>>
>>31111403
It's the opposite of balltism, that's the joke.
>solgaleo in waterball
Where's the tism anon? Where'd it go.
>>
What is better Prism or Uranium?
>>
>they finally make an almost completely non-linear pokemon game
>people look up the answers online instead of figuring everything out themselves or just using hints

For what purpose?
>>
>>31111596
It's hard to pick, both have their pros and cons.
>>
>>31106676
I dont really like it. Might be the bias I have against fan music.
>>
>>31111596
Uranium has tons of fakemons, who bed killed it for me.
>>
>>31111596
Prism. Uranium's design looks uninspired and it uses standard RPG Maker Sound Effects.
>>
>>31111416
iirc some anon said you can't get it legitimately
>>
>>31108974
bump
>>
>Azumarill's only physical water move is Aqua Jet
why WHY WHYYYY
>>
>>31111880
Because suffering.
>>
>>31111619
Honestly man some parts of the game can be incredibly obtuse.
>>
>>31111596
Prism, Uranium's fakemon design AND game design are both shit.

I'm fine with a pokemon game being harder but Uranium goes a bit crazy with it. I was also ending up having to go back to the center after every battle on the first route. Prism has some weird hiccups here and there but it doesn't go nearly as far.
>>
>>31111676
>>31111759
>>31111761
>>31111921

I guess I'll be playing Prism then.
>>
>Decide to look up what exactly Lewisite is
Gas type both feels incredibly unnecessary and very out of place in this universe. Might as well add a bioweapon type and have it use Ebola Spray or some shit.
>>
>>31111921
>Palette Patrol shows up
>Have to go on a healing spree after the battle
Goddamn those bastards are hard.
>>
Oh my fucking god the ocean route after the prison escape is miserable please save me.
>>
>>31111775
But I've found Varaneous once before. I just couldn't catch it at the time because I didn't have pokeballs on me. But ever since then, Varaneous moved to that one spot and hasn't moved since, but I can't even find it in the spot the Pokedex says it's in.
>>
>>31111934
you're kind of looking in the wrong place if you're trying to find unbiased opinions
>>
I don't know if it's a bug or what, but I was just leveling up my Weavile and it learned Swords Dance at level 43 and not 50 like the spreadsheet says. Sneasel is supposed to learn it at 43. Maybe the trade evos have bugged level up learnsets?
>>
>>31111880
Wait they took out waterfall?
>>
Will all the postgame stuff be fixed or added? Don't feel like playing it if its not fully completed.
>>
>>31111236
Why only Red and Sabrina. And Bugsy and Whitney?
>>
Can anyone remind me where the dude who needs the bridge pieces is?
>>
>>31112238
It's not a HM. Most physical water types learn it by level up, but Azumarill does not.
>>
>>31112467
AJ is all you need anyway. That, Surf, Play Rough, and Coverage Move is a decent ingame set.
>>
>>31112369
To the right of that park after Firelight. Go north.
>>
I wanna play this game but i don't know dick about emulators. How come my enter key and space bar wont bring up the menus and such
>>
>>31112884
most emulators let you change the commands lol
>>
>>31112914
but it's like they should be working but they're not. when i press space enter or backspace i get some kind of weird distortion noise like it's speeding the game up or something
>>
just beat rival for the second time, running
Larvitar
Slowpoke
Zubat
Ralts
Snorunt (Female)
Vulpix
Any pokemon suggestions? Also is it possible to evolve Slowpoke to Slowking without trading in this game?
>>
>>31112977
Yeah, there is a guide in the OP.
>>
>Beat League with a level 50-ish team
>Get to new continent
>First few gyms are manageable
>Suddenly everyone has level 80 mons, including random NPCs, while none of my mons have reached 60
>Every fight is an uphill battle where I need to abuse items to survive
>Have to backtrack to the Pokémon Centre after every fight because half my team is dead
Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
Wtf do I do at Naljo Ruins, I got one jewel, and there is this lost woods style puzzle on the one floor.
>>
>>31113379
The bottom floor has nothing, don't bother with it. You should be able to find three more jewels in the ruins, try jumping over gaps and falling in specific holes.
>>
>>31113405
Poison arrows, toxic gas are blocking the ways though
>>
>>31113439
Wait wtf, they no longer are firing.
>>
>>31113439
You can find a gas mask and a switch that turn off the traps on the upper floors
>>
>>31113369
I've been doing that since after the 3rd gym, it went from high teens to like mid twenties almost instantly, so I'm currently grinding now.
>>
How to earn money?
>>
File: objectwhitney.png (11KB, 481x433px) Image search: [Google]
objectwhitney.png
11KB, 481x433px
If folks are still working on fixing-up the post game, this guy in Whitney's gym seems to not have dialogue attached to him.
>>
Where can i get the Jumping shoes?
>>
>>31113608
Mining and few savestate/load state. One elemental stone can buy you 2 mining picks.
Why'd you need lots of money, anyway?
>>
>>31110824
They ruined Gardevoir in this, she's now only good at the endgame. Even then she doesn't learn a good Psychic move until postgame.
>>
>>31113369
KBM did the same thing with Brown. He's not good at level scaling or he just thinks being underleveled is good balance.
>>
where can i smelt my ore and craft my balls to level up pls help and for those who need to train their mons after they beat the elite 4 first time just go to haunted woods and go to the basement there are good lvl 45 mons to beat trained there till lvl 80 with lucky egg
>>
Does passing moves even work when breeding stuff?
I want an Eevee with Charm but grinding to lvl 40 is a tad bit excessive so I planned to breed a Pichu to pass Charm onto Eevee.
>>
So I just finished the main game and beat the 20th gym, where do I go from here?
>>
My emulator keeps crashing when I save or catch Pokemon. Is this a known problem that's been fixed with an update? I'm on mGBA 5.1 and am using version 0.91 of Prism.
>>
Is there a way to play the cia with the aspect ratio, with no bilinear filtering?

I'm aware holding L + R and then opening the game does launch the game in it's native resolution with no bilinear filtering, but it would be great to have the screen a bit bigger
>>
why is there no fucking online pokedex for this game? i want to see type changes
>>
>>31115203
Look in doc. Statstypeabilityitem tab.
>>
I found a shiny in the cave you get larvitar. No pokeballs
>>
>>31105570
Might be good idea to post recent patch updates in the OP just like /hbg is doing. It helps with organizing stuff. Things in doc are kind of a mess.
>>
I want to get Riolu. How to made many points?
>>
>>31107476
You do realize that we have 2 other spots where it spawns, right?
>>
>>31113369
Is because the game isnt well managed and pretty much doesnt have directions. Hence why you my be doing lvl 60 players and suddenly on the "wrong" route they will be at 75+. The post game is too free in the wrong way
>>
>>31115408
Not really. You're just not used to a real open world and have been babied by auto level scaling
>>
>>31111619
Because the game is not well presented with story hint on were to go and were not to go. The game is too free ro the point were you can fuck yourself over. Hell, even some skippable bits if you dont do things correctly

Is just "hey kid here my pokemon, go whatever i guess and wait till near end to get an explanation of things" and dont even get me started with the postgame
>>
>>31112343
Red : it's not Red, just a gym leader from another romhack
>>
>>31113636
This one's already been reported in the gdocs, it still has to be decided what dialogue should be put there. It's also not high on the devs' priority list since it is so minor.
>>
>>31111236
Did you beat the mystery league?
>>
>>31115417
Is this the damage control of an excuse we have now? This has nothing to do on being "open world" the game is a mess on how is handled and rhe story is almost none existent till almost in the end. Has nothing todo with me not being used to a badly designed game. You dont need to blur everything out for the sake of adding extra hours of pointless exploring just to say oh! This game is much better.

And postgame is a cluster fuck in directions
>>
>>31115417
>leagues is 60 at most
>team could be 55+ at most
>post game is either 60+ on the right route or 78 to 80 on the too early to go routes due to lack of restrictions

>huedur is because you havenr be babied with auto level

are you autistic? do you even know what the shit are you talking about?
>>
>>31115504
Yes it certainly does and your criticisms are really indicative of how you like constant hand holding. The game is set for you to explore every nook and cranny. The one skip in the main region is also a oversight. It's pretty easy to deduce where you have to go just by using your map and noticing which areas you haven't been.
>>
>>31115531
People have beat mystery league with a team of mid 70s. there's no reason you need a team of 100s.
>>
File: pokeprism-screenshot(7).png (11KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
pokeprism-screenshot(7).png
11KB, 320x288px
kek
>>
>>31113369
>>31115531
The dev clearly knew what he was doing since neither of you seem to realize that every badge gives your pokemon a considerable stat boost. This is to the extent where the maker of Crystal Kaizo, another romhack, had to make endgame encounters have level 127 pokemon to make them have even slightly higher stats than the trainer's level 100 pokemon with 16 badges. For the record, level 120 pokemon from trainers would actually have lower stats than level 100 equivalent ones from trainers.

Additionally, your pokemon get statxp, the hacked in replacement for what EV's are in later generations, which also none of the trainers have at all. So that's two advantages your pokemon have, and you expect the postgame, which is supposed to be more difficult, to have pokemon that are around your level? Come on now.
>>
>>31115559
>>31115579
>missing the whole point
Not even surprised anymore. Game lacks directions. Because if we have an area with lvl 60+ pokemon that progressively grows as you move why the fuck would they have a unristricted area with level 80s? The game has no directions at all. How is that even about handholding? Pokemon yellow did this, silver and gold did this. Crystal did this. Every pokemon game ever did this
>>
anyone know where I can find this games ost? route 50 to be exact
>>
>>31115531
Have you tried getting good at Pokémon? As in having good move coverage and knowing the types? A team in the upper 50s/lower 60s should be able to beat any single regular trainer in Rijon. If it seems too hard then check around other routes to find if you made a wrong turn.
>>
>>31115552
they restricted the ghost mansion because it was too strong for you but they dont restrict you from going where level 75+ trainers are after just finishing the league which is not even 60. This is not what a open world is. If it was an open world then everything should be available from the get go and let you learn the hard way that the place is too soon for you. This is what is called a bad design of what the game was intended to be, not some handholingless experience. Make sense out of this. I know you have a dick obession about it but is not even about that
>>
>>31115606
>please game make sure I'm able to steamroll
>I need you to tell me these guys too stronk
>I'm only a regional champ!
>>
>>31115701
Ghost mansion basement was restricted because there's a level 70 legendary with ridiculously high HP and attack stats, and decent speed too. Devs didn't want you catching it early and not having to work at all for the elite four.
>>
>>31115701
So you 're telling me they restricted the main game ? Wow it's almost like we covered this.
>>
>>31115701
Just use a weavile or any thing that learns attack increasing moves really.
>swords dance
>proceed to murder everything at any level
>>
>>31115686
>dude gitgud lmao

Anon. The highest you can get out from the league is PROBABLY at 60s and i clearly explained twice that since the game doesnt say "hey buddy this place is blocked because you dont have X badge ro prove your worth" you can get fucked in the ass by literal level 80 mons that you cant even expect onna blind run unless you fliped the coin on your favor on the right direction to progress where trainers have lvl 60 or so and up
>>
>>31115711
Dude, I'm not even the guy you're arguing with but you're acting like a drooling moron right now. He's right, there should be some kind of warning. Only old shitty RPGs have randomly super strong enemies in an area you shouldn't be able to access but can anyway.
>>
>>31115711
Glad to you youre just shitposting for the sake of meme points. Let make our level 55 to 60 team jump blindly on trainers with level 78 to 80s
>>
Where can I download brown from, my dudes?
>>
>>31115730
The warning is the first fight and if you guys are going to ignore all the points about the stat buffs you deserve to be belittled.
>>
>>31115726
>>31115730
They're not stupidly overleveled though. Even if you make an incredible mistake and face a team of 80s with your team of low 60s you should still be able to win if you play smart and have a good team. As explained we get badge bonuses and pseudo EVs. And we can actually think. So if you run into "over leveled" trainers then turn around and explore the damn game
>>
>>31115750
I found this download for brown in the archive a few days ago, someone linked this after the rijon site got taken down. http://web.archive.org/web/20161120013345/http://www.thatsourswitch.com/rijon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/PokemonBrown2014.zip
>>
>>31115723
did this on the deadly waters were trainers had level 80s. huge mistake it was. clearly wasn't ready for that area at all or the 70s one. my team was around 56 and had 1 tm slave which made things worse for me. and a shit birb for fly
>>31115755
>expecting to win the first fight of unexpected level 80s
bro i got lucky. cant say the same about the rest tho. stop defending a shit design
>>31115756
>team is 56 after main game
>56 vs 80
>not grossly overleveled

Ok
>>
>all this bitching and cock sucking for the game
>not being a highly skilled trainer and skip cities for days just to make the fly check point while evoiding as many battles aa possible

step it up senpai
>>
Anybody replaying this after they finish?
>>
>>31110798
Where?
>>
>>31115504
>and rhe story is almost none existent till almost in the end

There was a story? I just remember massive text dumps from the dream and that's it. This game is impressive on a technical level, but as a video game it's pretty bad.
>>
I sort of agree with the whole "lack of direction" argument, but it only happens twice in Rijon: The underground tunnel between Seashore and Hayward, and the cycling road to Jotho. It happens once in Nanjo, on the surf route to Tunod.
IMO that's not frequent enough to deter me from the game. I lost the first fight in the underground tunnel, lost some money, and then kept going south to Seashore the next time. No biggie.
Would a warning be nice? Absolutely. But again, it only happens a few times, so I'm alright with it.
>>
>>31105676
I lost the count of how many balls a threw on beldum yet I could catch the metagross after 3 balls
>>
Do you need cut anymore after the fourth badge?
I just dont want to carry around this bellsprout.
>>
>>31115965
You need it for postgame.
>>
>>31115978
Ok then, I'll dump it for now.
Thanks for the info.
>>
>That fucking cave where you constantly have to have your pokemon turn the lights on

Thank fuck it's over
>>
can someone verify whether this works or not please

Method for getting Sylveon "your Eevee needs to have a certain amount of EVs, which you get from regular battling, but it's happiness will reach max first and it will try to evolve into Umbreon or Espeon but each time cancel the evolution by repeatedly pressing B until you have enough EVs at which point it'll turn into Sylveon"
>>
Full Soundtrack upload when
>>
>>31116049
Oh yeah, speaking of which, is there anything else like that where you need a Pokémon with a specific type of move, besides HMs? It's a nice concept, but it's shitty in practice.
>>
>>31105570
>ips

Come on guys.
>>
>>31116309
Nothing wrong with ips, autismo.
>>
>>31116058
nigga there is a patch for the sylveon problem just download it
>>
I dont understand the directions for the silver egg. Where is it exaclty? Near the red head swimmer?
>>
>>31116309
I thought you knew better don't copy that floppy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy7ZBX9BTUA
>>
>>31105570
Requesting images of the legendaries. I saw them once, somewhere, but I want full details.

Also, no good sources on the new types out there.
>>
>>31115772
Is there any chance someone could turn this into a .cia?
>>
>>31116334
It's shit. there is no way to know for sure if you applied the patch to the correct ROM or if it worked properly.

Just download this and use bps.
https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=11474
>>
>>31116459
Fuck off.
>>
>>31116457
bumping for interest
>>
>>31116365
that's so this works lol
>>
>>31116459
You know bps is included with the original source leak right?
>>
>>31116488
no u

>>31116527
I mean with the updates so it does not get messy when there is a few of them.
>>
Silver egg. Where?
>>
>>31110034
Here's the '08 beta, apparently its just the '07 one with bug fixes.
https://gofile.io/?c=1t5hMw

>>31115462
His dialogue should be about how some kids started hanging around recently but seem more interested in the trainers than the pokemon (implying they just hit puberty).
>>
File: Yy6FWTk.gif (433KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Yy6FWTk.gif
433KB, 500x375px
>>31105570
Requesting info on new moves. What do they do?

>Noise Pulse
>Dust Devil
>Storm Front
>Freeze Burn
>Prism Spray
>Final Chance
>Mustard Gas
>Boil
>Crystal Bolt
>Steel Easter
>Void Sphere

Thanks!
>>
Is there any trick to getting Varaneous to appear? I haven't seen it once. Also where should I go to mine water stones?
>>
>>31116597
info in doc you lazy fuck
>>
>>31116651
where? I don't see it
>>
>>31116617
When he is released he starts roaming the map. He can get stuck however and will not be an encounter. You currently have to be very very lucky in his first few jumps.
>>
>>31116655
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DIcrvv_-Ij0bLgl2yc9Ah7wqeAFbTWcgRuKma4tgueo/edit#gid=0

tab moves
>>
Something is not right on my map. Im looking where is "Tunnel" but my map doesnt show it when i read the name. Where is Tunnel on the map?
>>
File: kms.png (582KB, 902x444px) Image search: [Google]
kms.png
582KB, 902x444px
>Want Flareon
>Missed Ember
>Doesn't learn any other good Fire move until level 45
>>
>>31116718
>what is fire punch
>what is will-o-wisp
stop making shit up fag
>>
File: flareon.png (12KB, 245x431px) Image search: [Google]
flareon.png
12KB, 245x431px
>>31116728
I'm going by the Google sheet itself.
>>
>>31116569
Route 56
>>
Wheres the porn
>>
Where is Tunnel? Map wont show me where it is other than the name itself
>>
>got my eggs from silver and gold eggs
>some houndreds of steps later
>still nothing

Dont tell me these one are more than 10k steps? Also the hell is the Prism Key for? It has no story on It
>>
>>31116923
Prism key opens a door that leads to a unfinished area currently.
>>
>>31116923
I don't know if it's bugged or not but lugia, ho-oh and bagon all took me a little over 50k steps.
>>
>>31113369
Let me guess, you went north of hayward? You aren't supposed to go there until you get 16 bagdes, you're supposed to go south, to the psychic gym first.
>>
>>31114777
Get a mystery ticket at the poke arcade.
>>
>>31117088
The actual fuck, man. Thats insane. Also do you know where Tunnel is? Is bugged on the map and wont actually show where
>>
What's this about a 0.92 patch I'm hearing about?
>>
>>31117176
Read the spreadsheet.
>>
>>31115726
When I beat the league my Tyranitar was level 70, by the time I got to hayward it was 85+, you skipped trainers or something?
>>
What are the QR codes for and how do you use them?
>>
>>31117276
Take out your phone and read them.
>>
>>31117276
They give you hints about various secret things like special eggs.

You can use your smartphone to scan them or buy the ingame item for 10 tokens.
>>
Would an anon like to be a bro and randomize the ROM for me? Would do it myself but no PC access.
>>
>>31117270
Fucking how. The best i did was 61 t-tar and the rest was 58 exact expect 1 shitmon that was 56 because it died on me and i ran out of revives because i never made a full stuck. I didnt skipped trainers but didnt do much wild fights
>>
For fuck sake can anyone fucking tell me where the hell is Tunnel? Fucking map is bugged and wont properly show
>>
How do you download for mobile?? Trying to use gba emulator on phone
>>
>>31117456
Get a lucky egg before going to Rijon.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-30-12-22-01.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-30-12-22-01.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
Pallet aqua ranger here, Found a random sprite bug. Or maybe is my evil twin who sworn vengeance on my water bike
>>
>>31117482
Route 70
>>
Help, clock doesn't want to advance past Sunday 25.
>>
>>31117557
Ur fucked.

joking aside, the calender seems to only count days when the game is active between 11:59 and 12:00.
>>
Maaaaaaaan this dice game is pain. Cant seem to win that shit for the bingo card
>>
Can you actually catch Beldum or something in the game or am I out of luck if I didn't catch the Metagross on prison island?
>>
>>31117649
Metang is in the ice route.
>>
>>31117649
There's beldums

Same shitty catch rate though.
>>
>>31117649
First of all why didnt you catch it? Or save before doing so? You dumb my man?
>>
>>31117665
see
>>31105719

And no I didn't save because I didn't think you could battle it. I thought it was like the outside of the gen I safari zone where they would just give you a Pokedex entry if you talk to them or something.
I am not a clever man.

>>31117657
>>31117663
Alright thanks.
>>
Anyone figured out what the Naljo Fury ability does? It's only mentioned in the googdoc, not actually described.

Thanks.
>>
>>31117770
Supposedly boosts stab moves to a 3x multi when you're in naljo
>>
I assume that after collecting 20 badges and the Mystery League, the game ends?

The rest of the stuff isnt finished right?
Also, where's Kyogre? I found Groudon and Rayquaza's spot.
And where do you get the Grappling Hook, in a legit way?
>>
>>31117858
Fill out your second bingo card for the grapling hook.

And yeah, there really isn't much to do after you beat the mystery league unless you fill out the bingo cards as best you can and collect what pokemon that currently can be.
>>
>>31117858
Rest of stuff as far as we know is the power plant and place where the prism key takes you. Those aren't finished yet.
Kyogre is in the clathrite tunnel. There's a room that's maze-like with a strength rock you must push through to go through a door on the north side of the room.
Grappling Hook is the prize for completing the second bingo card. As far as I know if you have the patch you can do it legitimately.
>>
I get a "Not Found" page when trying to download the Carl patch. Don't think that's normal.
>>
>>31117903
>>31117883

Nice!
Thanks a bunch guys.

Any ideas about Zapdos? I got the other birds.
Apparently Mt. Ember also has an unfinished area if I reckon. There was a guy there first, although now I just see blocked off rocks.
And the region north of Naljo, was there any intention to make another complete region?
>>
>>31117931
I don't think there were plans to make that a region, but there are leftover "sevii Isles" that have nothing in them in the source. On the map it looks like they could fit there.
>>
I need help with my team I need to get rid of gligar or larvitar who should I get red of?

Cyndaquil
larvitar
ralts
mareep
gligar
>>
Really interested in playing this, do I just download this https://mega.nz/#!00xXQCRa!NG6KKTe_LfJR4ksr-BJckAGLwSAMN1DHWp8wnGFVlGs or do i need something else to play it too?
>>
>>31117918
Try replacing the last S in the link with a lowercase one.
Someone fucked up that link a few days ago and the OP never fixes it for some reason.
>>
>>31116752
Fire Punch and Will-o-wisp are 2 VERY EARLY TMs.
>>
>>31117962

Nope, didn't work either.
>>
>>31117785
Sweet, awesome if true, thanks.

Now if only boil got fixed... (And on that note freeze dry was put in.)
>>
Can sombody post a image of luxray's backsprite?

If I wanted to edit a few of the backsprites so they look less shit, how would I go about actually switching the image files out?
>>
>He doesn't have a garchomp.
>>
>>31117957
>https://mega.nz/#!00xXQCRa!NG6KKTe_LfJR4ksr-BJckAGLwSAMN1DHWp8wnGFVlGs

anyone?
>>
>>31118123
They have to be a certain format, but you can look at the source to get the gist of it. Then you gotta recompile.
>>
>>31118141
Listen Anon your a big boy now, so in the least try doing the stuff by your own means instead of just asking here like a baby that as to be spoon fed.
>>
File: back.png (15KB, 48x48px) Image search: [Google]
back.png
15KB, 48x48px
>>31118123
>>
anyone know how i can smelt ore so i can level up and the jewelry as well
>>
>>31118264
You can smelt in that one cave at the 2nd (?) gym that's in the forest.
>>
>>31118197
Christ that looks bad,i'm not gonna bother keeping luxio on my team if I have to look at that.

>>31118143
Most of that went over my head anon, can you explain a bit more?
>>
What happens if you only bring one or two pokemon to the 8th gym?
>>
>>31105570
where is the 20th gym? just beat sabrina and not sure where to go now. I'm guessing red is in mt.silver or something, how do I get there?
>>
>>31118297
The base of the source comes from the crystal disassembly project

instructions on compiling here
https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal/blob/master/INSTALL.md

So make your edit then do that.
>>
>>31118308
they wont let you do the test without 8 pokemon
>>
wait is it literally EVERY grass type that gets flash fire during battle?
>>
>>31118362
It's a switch bug. The mon itself doesn't start with that.
>>
>>31118376
I know but still its bloody annoying

any way to avoid this bug from happening?
>>
>>31117318
bumping for a miracle
>>
>>31118430
Don't switch?

Wait for a patch?

Code it yourself?

Not trying to be an ass, but those are the options atm.
>>
>>31118462
It happens to me even if I don't switch and just use flame wheel on them twice
>>
>>31118533

It's based in the first pokemon in your party
>>
>>31118550
ah how exactly does it work? quilava was the first pokemon in my party every time it happened
>>
What emulator do you guys recommend?

Should I just use visual boy advance or is there something else you guys can hook me up with?
>>
>>31118799
bgb
>>
>>31118799
People have said this one will cause the least amount of emulator related error.

http://bgb.bircd.org/
>>
>>31118799
VBA is fine but you'll get memed on.
>>
Are all 4 fakemon guardians attainable prior to E4? The only one I haven't found is Iwata. (I just wanna know if he's out there or if I'm hunting air.)
>>
>>31118799
BGB or Gambette is what the Devs say to use they cycle GBC games better then some others.
>>
>>31118841
No it's really not unless it's VBA-M and then it MIGHT be ok
>>
>>31118851
I'm on the 20th gym and never found one. did I miss something? do they have their own dungeons and such?
>>
>>31118578
not sure but don't use the type of move that corresponds to the ability twice on a single pokemon
>>
>>31118866
autism

it works fine.
>>
>>31118884
There's a roamer you currently have to have some great luck to get (if it gets stuck on a route, you can't), another one for completing the second bingo card, one in the post game, and one in the acqua mines at a certain tide level.
>>
>>31118913
about the bingo card, you get an item that lets you get to it in the naljo ruins.
>>
>>31118913
thanks, they don't interest me.
>>
>>31118904
I'm sure you know better than the Devs and anyone who knows anything about running GBC roms
>>
Is there a happiness raiser in this game ?
>>
>>31118962
I sure do
>>
>>31118977
Nope. Just spam items on it and use it.
>>
What makes the roamer gets stuck?
I just caught the legend at the end of the game. I did not know the Varenous or something would get stuck. I got it after the Mystery League. So I have been walking a lot back and forth.
Perhaps it only gets stuck if you have looked at its Area?
I never looked it up before.
>>
where is the 20th gym
>>
How do you get to Rijon? I just beat the E4 and got the pass, but everywhere is still blocked off.
>>
Easiest way to raise happiness in prism?
Where can I buy picks?
>>
I downloaded the patch but when i applied it my version was still 0.91
any tips?
>>
>>31119180
If you're on an emulator just run around for a while I guess. Should go fairly quickly. Picks are available in Phacelia Town mart.

>>31119167
The tunnel on route 70 I think. Go talk to the professor to be sure.

>>31119147
Magikarp cavern
>>
So what pokemon is Sound type?
>>
wheres the 16th gym? also how do i get the ticket to go to the poke arcade
>>
>>31119328
16th gym is in eaglou city. Enter the cave in the eastern side of the city then head south I think. If you use surf you messed up. The arcade ticket is awarded by the Rijon professor assistant after you get all 8 rijon badges.
>>
>>31119316
Exploud, Wigglytuff.
>>
where do I get the plane ticket after beating all 20 gyms?
>>
>>31119515
Poke arcade
>>
>>31119522
i don't know where that is
>>
>>31119316
chimecho line, wishmur line, jigglipuff line and for some unholy reason porygon-z
>>
I'm going crazy in the goddamn Magikarp cave. Where do I go, jesus.
>>
How do i make my version 0.92?
the link on OP is broken, i just get the normal source of the 0.91 version
>>
>>31119537
also the gas types are gastly line, koffing line and torkoal
>>
>>31119536
Take the ship.
>>
>>31119550
Nevermind, I bashed my head against the wall until I broke it, I'm good now.
>>
>>31119590
I don't know where that is
>>
>>31119557
This one is already patched:
https://gofile.io/?c=xI6qxW
>>
When I load the game in BGB with the 0.92 patch, the game says it's version 0.92. But when I run the exact same rom on VBA (since BGB has these weird crackling sounds for me after a track stops playing something), the game says it's on version 0.91. Any ideas what's up?
>>
>>31119603
Castro Valley
>>
>Make one of the most advanced Pokémon hacks in history
>Still manage to fuck up item space
WHY AM I STILL LIMITED TO X ITEMS IN MY BAG, FUCK
>>
>>31119623
VBA doesn't detect the patch.
>>
>>31119639
Strange. Thanks for the quick response!
>>
>>31119623
VBA is borked.
Play it on an emulator made for GBC.
>>
>>31119639
I'm playing on .92 on VBA
>>
>>31119613
but i don't want to loose the save i have till now
Is it possible to download it and not loose the save?
>>
>>31119700
Why do you even think you'd lose the save?
>>
>even my local newspaper wrote an article about Prism getting leaked and that it received a few community patches

For fuck's sake, why does media always want to ruin everything
>>
>>31119714
Sorry, i'm just not really used to patches and so on.
I tought the old saves wouldn't be compatible with the new version
>>
>>31119776
Make a security copy just in case.
>>
>>31119769
>implying that'll do anything
It's 4chan.
>>
Do you think koolboy is gonna try another romhack in the future?

He's really fucking good at it and it would be a shame if he would stop now.
>>
>>31119823
He said he was gonna do his own game.
>>
>>31117962
It WAS fixed somebody just broke it again
here's the working link
https://gofile.io/?c=QGGt4S
>>
>>31119823
Jesus fuck can you guys focus on 1 thing for a second? Prism is nowere near 100% complete and you ask him to make another one. That's what pisses me off here that people are so impatient and can't focus their attention on 1 thing for more than 5 minutes. Just chill the fuck out and enjoy the game, it took him 8 years to make and it's awesome.
>>
>>31119882
Geez, calm your tits anon

I was just wondering if he decided to drop out of it after the C&D, not forcing him to make a new game immediately.
>>
>>31119913
Ok.

But every new thread you can see people asking about other good hacks etc. they probably played Prism for like 5 hours and drop it because they lost interest. It's just sad that some people can't focus their attention on Prism. Besides no one give a fuck about other games or hacks. This is Prism thread.
>>
In one of the cages in the haunted mansion basement there's a warp tile with a cracked rock ontop of it. Using the tile sends me to an inescapable glitch world with a purple bird Pokémon that teleports when you talk to it. This happen to anybody else?
>>
>>31120111
That's supposed to happen. Go catch that pokemon
>>
>full happiness Ursaring with return

I AM THE ULTIMATE LIFEFORM
>>
>>31120127
Thanks. That really scared me, lol.
>>
>>31120304
Dont save in Glitch city, though. Funnily enough some people have gotten stuck in there eternally, so Glitch City might be glitched.
>>
where is the plane that takes you to the mystery zone
>>
Carl.IPS is down on the link
>>
>>31120013
Okay, that's nice, stop being autistic because some people don't enjoy it.
>>
>>31119823
KBM talked about this days ago:
https://twitter.com/Koolboyman/status/813890225868918784

For the record, even before the C&D he was planning on Prism being his last rom hack project
>>
>>31120503
>rijonadventures will never be finished
>>
I'm going to be honest
This hack is fuckin awsoeme. It's simple yet just on point. 10\10 congratulations to the author and to the leakers
>>
>>31120318
Should be Southerly City, Tunod? I don't have any plane passes yet but there's an airport there.
>>
Fug, updating my game lost my save. Looks like I'm done playing this.
>>
>>31121175
That's why you make a copy beforehand.
>>
Why the fuck is the Gastly line Only gas and not ghost and gas ? Doesn't make any sense
>>
>>31121331
Gas and sound are awful editions with some OP moves.
>normals are now a hard counter to steel
>gas moves fuck up fire

Not a fan.
>>
>>31121331
Because Ghastly is literally gas. But I agree, it should have been a dual type
>>31121446
And gas should be weak to fire.
>>
>>31121446
gas however as a type is horrible defensively and bad offensively
>>
>>31121468
I wouldn't have minded if they were 2x to eachother.
Or go s far as anytime a gas and fire move are used in the same turn, both parties take damage.
Would have been an interesting mechanic.
>>
Can someone write this bug in docs: When you use dig and your Poke is under ground it still takes damage from double kick...
>>
>>31121489
It works well if you are looking to deal lots of status effects, or lower stats. Pretty much any gas move has a secondary effect.
>>31121502
Not a bad idea, both being weak to the other would be nice enough.
>>
>>31121520
Were you attacked by a machoke?
Machoke has no guard so
>>
>>31121520
Same thing with fire-spin not getting cancelled when you dig.
>>
>>31121541
This
>>
How do the StatExp things (EVs) work in this game? Is there a cap on each individual stat or a total cap?
>>
>>31121607
A cap on each stat
>>
>>31121521
gas moves are good, but koffing is undeniably worse for having the gas type
>>
What does Naljo Fury do?
>>
>>31117537
That happens randomly specially in Botan town. Its the construction worker. Everyone there uses your custom color for their sprite. If you change your color almost everyone in that down will change to your color. If you leave and come back the construction worker should use his normal sprite.
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.