[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you want from Gen 8, considering it'll be on massively

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: dqxips4.jpg (252KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dqxips4.jpg
252KB, 1280x720px
What do you want from Gen 8, considering it'll be on massively improved hardware?
>SWITCH ISN'T REPLACING 3DS RRREEEEEEE
Please take your three pillars elsewhere, the grown ups are talking
>>
For it to look like Dragon Quest XI but it will never happen ;_;
>>
I'd like the battle system to evolve(But remain turn based)

Maybe a hybrid system like Eternal Sonata or maybe for it to have placement tiles you move on like in Wild Arms.

I'd like the models to be re-sculpted in the face as many faces feel too flat as most facial details are not sculpted but painted on.

I'm fine with not using all the power of the Switch if it means we get AA, fuck jaggies.
>>
Speech.
>>
>>31104997
Maybe they could base it on something like Undertale
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
>>31104852

Three pillars, you say?
>>
>>31104852
>considering it'll be on massively improved hardware

Implying GF has competent enough programmers to make good use o a powerful hardware.

Pokemon will only look like the PS4 version of DQ11 on the Super Switch U 64 in 2025.
>>
File: 1254906476108.jpg (24KB, 403x281px) Image search: [Google]
1254906476108.jpg
24KB, 403x281px
>>31105076
>All three will never gangbang you at once
truly this is a dimension of suffering
>>
>>31105039
I actually like UT(And despise its fanbase)

But that's bad, Pokemons battle system should never punish those with bad motor skills.

It should be purely strategic.
>>
File: 256142-dragon_quest_8.jpg (54KB, 392x290px) Image search: [Google]
256142-dragon_quest_8.jpg
54KB, 392x290px
>>31104852
>less focus on story, more emphasis on exploration and adventure
>a non-linear region with larger, more open routes and dungeons
>more to the towns and cities
>better and more diverse customization options
>a solo adventure with no "friends" tacked on
>>
>>31104852
Worried about that hardware honestly. GameFreak's programmers are apparently simpletons that crack once you give them something more powerful than a toaster to work with.
>>
>>31105195
>less focus on story, more emphasis on exploration and adventure
They're going in the literal opposite direction since gen 4 and 5, unfortunately
>a non-linear region with larger, more open routes and dungeons
Also going the opposite direction since gen 5.
>more to the towns and cities
If it's not important to the story they don't care anymore

It's sad, GF wants to go the story-driven JRPG route when they should be going in a more open world and player-driven direction.
>>
Maybe not mess up on potential and have it end with a bunch of shit like gen 7's dark side.
Literally, Sun and Moon were great but there's a shit ton of things Game freak needs to lear from this.
I also hope there's 98 new Pokemon instead of 75.
They need to focus more on the challenges and adventure, and less on the cut scenes and such.
>>
Pokemon game with a serious narrative told with the amount of subtlety of Sun and Moon, but improve the baseline.

Post game involves travelling small dungeons that are randomly generated and have specific biomes, ala Dragon Quest Monsters 2. It is available once you complete a post-game quest to capture Solgaleo/Lunala and you ca travel between alternate worlds. Rare dimensions have Ultra Beasts. You can also find very rare items in these dungeons, such as stones, Lucky Eggs, etc.
>>
>>31105373
Thing is, they can easily do both story and open world. It's not hard to do it without sacrificinh story quality (at least for a main line Pokemon game)

Which is extra irritating
>>
>>31105174
I also think that they shouldn't punish those with bad eyesight. The games should be sound based only.
>>
>>31105295
Wake up anon, 3DS was glorified Dreamcast hardware on a portable.
>>
A more "decorative" combat system. Keep it turn based, but just jazz up the fight animations a bit. Like if my Blastoise uses hydro pump, I want to see it actually blasting the opponent so hard it pushes them back and smacks them into a wall or a tree. I'm tired of these slap fights that we've had for so long. Its time to evolve the battle animations!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.