[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever get cross gen evolutions again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

Will we ever get cross gen evolutions again?
>>
>>31098869
>Eviolite
>>
>>31098869
No because they permanently fuck up some lines by more complete versions with abominations. Megas were the midground since GF can take away Mega Stones whenever they want. Eviolite is another problem.
>>
>No Jynx evo to go along with Electivire and Magmortar
>No Mr. Mime evo in the French region
>No Smeargle evo with a different typing and look depending on the type of the first move in it's moveset.
>No Magcargo evo
>No Corsola evo
>Drampa isn't a Dunsparce evo
>Mega Houndoom, Audino, Pinsir, Heracross, Absol, Sableye, Banette, and Mawile aren't normal evos.

feelsbadman.bmp
>>
>>31098869
yes, for gen 8 we're gonna have at least a salandit male evo
r-right?
>>
>>31098879
>>31098894
>Eviolite
This. Only alternate evolutions for Pokémon that were already able to evolve are possible now.
>>
File: 1477856614092.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1477856614092.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
>tfw you first saw Scizor and Bellossom
>tfw you first saw Weavile and Gliscor
>tfw you first saw Porygon2 and then Porygon-Z even later
Cross gen evos were some cool shit.
>>
>>31098869
I hope not, most of the cross gen evos look terrible.
>>
I wish they'd bring them back. Fuck evolite.
>>
>>31099054
Why is Eviolite such a problem here? Shit like Farfetch'd, Dunsparce, Mr. Mime, Jynx, and Luvdisc would still be shit even if they COULD use an Eviolte.

Common sense would tell you to just give evolutions to mons who actually NEED it, not some insane shit like Skarmory or something.
>>
>people think it's because eviolite

All they have to do is do some testing and if a pokemon would be broken with eviolite, they just wouldn't give it an evolution.

The real reason it happened was because fucking babies kicked and screamed "muh magmar was ruined, magmortar is garbage. magmar had such an amazing design with it's butt eyebrows and duck face and stubby limbs!"

In actuality, most of the new evolutions are improvements, but genwunners focus on rhyperior, magnezone, electivire, and magmortar.
>>
>>31099237
I like rhyperior and electivre
>>
>>31099153
Because Game Freak hates retconning gameplay mechanics
>>
>>31099237
>The real reason it happened was because fucking babies kicked and screamed
>Implying GF even gives a shit about what fans think
I'm sure the fans reactions had very little to do with their decision to apparently cut cross gen evos. It probably has more to do with them thinking the Cross Gen evo thing was a "feature" of Gen IV. You know how they like to cut features out of every generation to make each generation apparently "unique" or whatever.
>>
>>31099279
They certainly do care about fan reaction since they have been pandering to gen 1 for 2 generations now.
>>
>>31098879
a lot of pokemon who can have an evolution are shit even with eviolite
>>
How many pokemon can you think of that are shitty enough to warrant a new evolution, but would also be broken with eviolite?
>>
>>31099279
I think that's just an excuse. They called player customization something that was unique to Kalos when ORAS didn't get it, yet it's back in SM.

They do like to reinvent the wheel too many times though. Swapping PSS for Festival Plaza is just abysmal.
>>
>>31099279
>cross-gen evos are a Gen IV feature
It's been a thing since Gen II. It isn't unique to Gen IV. Game Freak simply abandoned it for whatever reason. Mega Evolution as a concept kind of invalidates cross-evos (Mega designs are just as hideous as cross-evos, too), so I'm not too hopeful on it returning. The main appeal of cross-evos at this point would only be a higher base HP and free item slot.
>>
>>31099237
Magnezone is a huge improvement over three magnemites stuck together, Electivire and Magmortar are alright.
My biggest problem is with weavile, I loved sneasel's asymmetry and weavile came and removed it.
>>
>>31098869
>old /vp/ acknowledged that pokemon like rhyperior and magmortar are cancer and among the worst pokemon designs ever made
>the underage infested neo /vp/ think they're good and want them back
>>
>>31099510
Well most people who have played D/P/Pt have come of age so it's not a surprise
>>
>>31099510
Why does magmortar get hate, but not magmar? They're very similar and I like both.
>>
>>31099510
I like Magmortar. Rhyperior is shit, though.
>>
>>31099020
>Drampa isn't a Dunsparce evo
I'll never understand this meme they literally look nothing alike, it makes absolutely no sense
>>
>>31099537
>They're very similar
But they are not, and that's the why. One's a lava duck and the other is a fire beagle boy.
>>
>>31099153
How will they explain that eviolite didn't work on them in the previous gen? They're not gonna recon them.
>>
>>31099510

They are garbage, but I like to see surprises like evolutions of old pokes. Megas were okay, but it doesn't feel the same.
>>
>>31099522
Yep, happened with RSE too
>>
>>31099130
shit taste
>>31099237
>focus on rhyperior, magnezone, electivire, and magmortar
Rhyperior is the only one of those that was a downgrade from its pre-evos. Magnezone is pretty cool, electivire is pretty cool, and magmortar is better than magmar even if it looks sorta retarded
>>
>>31098869
I hope we do. I don't even care about Eviolite, so much shit absolutely NEEDS something to be relevant.
>>
>>31099020
>Mega Houndoom, Audino ... Absol, Sableye, Banette, and Mawile aren't normal evos.
These hurt.
>>
>>31099591
I mean, I felt it could've been a sweet take on the "small weak mon becomes large powerful mon" trope. Dunsparce, a wee little snake pokemon, eventually is able to evolve, but instead of becoming ferocious or majestic like Gyarados or Milotic, it becomes a dopey kindhearted grandpa dragon who comes down from the mountains to eat fruit and play with children. Dunsparce is already pure Normal, so Drampa's typing wouldn't even need to be changed.

Plus, Dunsparce and Drampa share more in common visually than Feebas and Milotic.
>>
>>31099728
>we're going to go full circle with gen 5
>>
>>31099771
Mega Pinsir and Heracross look a bit too wild as they are, but I included them bc imo with a few tweaks, they could pass as normal evolutions.
>>
>>31099807
>>31099771
this is why I don't like mega evolution is because they fuck over pokemon who should have gotten normal evolutions
>>
Hope so, some designs were hit and miss but it saved some mons from being forgotten forever.
>>
>>31099052
No. Why would you even?
>>
>>31099774
I have a big old smelly shit as my brain: the post
>>
>>31099792
>buttscab has come of age
>>
>>31099116
and then there was shit like magmortar rhyperior and electivire that ruined the line
>>
>>31098869
Hopefully not, they're shit. Worse than Megas and Alolan formes
>>
>>31102209
magmar was already garbage.
I agree in rhyperior.
Electivire is alright.
>>
>>31102247
electivire is good but electabuzz is infinitely better
>>
>>31099689
You act like Gamefreak gives any type of shit about continuity. Pokemon like Yanma and Lickitung got evolutions in Gen 4 after learning certain moves. Did they ever bother to explain why Lickitungs suddenly learn Rollout or why Yanmas suddenly learned Ancient Power?
>>
>>31099832
I really wish they would retcon some megas into regular evos. if the pokemon already has 3 forms, like the starters or ampharos, that could stay a mega

but it makes no sense for mega mawile or houndoom to NOT be regular evos

ugh
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.