[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battle Royal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (15KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
15KB, 290x174px
what's a good team to beat Master rank and get the Idol Style
>>
>>31096793
this shit is rigged as fuck
>>
>>31096793
I beat normal, super and hyper on first, and master on second try with life orb triple priority Golisopod, Fairium Z Mimikyu and a Garchomp.
>>
>>31096793
I did tapu lele, tapu koko and celesteela and basically kept doing it until they gave me a favorable set of opponents. Master rank doesn't always have megas or legends, or at least not the stronger ones.
>>
Do people actually have trouble with this? I beat this shit with my in-game team. Just bring defensive mons, try to predict what everyone will do and pick off easy kills.
>>
>>31096793
Master Rank was the easiest rank for me by far. The better ai means you can predict their moves to a point. In the earlier ranks, the ai would make good plays when it was inconvenient for me, then suddenly start making dumb plays when it was inconvenient for me.

Anyway, I used my in-game team for the whole thing. I beat Master Rank first try with Oricorio, Marowak, and Primarina iirc.
>>
Porygon Z with thunderbolt Z-Coversion, Icebeam, shadow ball, a Pheramosa with ice beam, and Golisopod with First Impression, Liquidation, Sucker Punch and Poison Jab got me through every rank on the first go. Porygon Z just sweeps up.
>>
>>31096793
It's really dependent on luck, so keep trying with a range of Pokemon who are in their 50s. I beat the 4 ranks on my first try, and I started this thinking I was going to suck.
>>
File: 1482112868733.jpg (18KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1482112868733.jpg
18KB, 320x320px
>>31096793
>first time playing Master Rank
>send out Golisopod
>other three send out Blaziken, Shiftry, Shiftry
>i shit you not
>decide to First Impression one of the Shiftries
>it was actually a Zoroark
>mfw
>>
File: 250px-298Azurill.png (59KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-298Azurill.png
59KB, 250x250px
>>31096793
>MFW Double Thunderous
>>
>>31096793
Mimikyu, Bewear and Ash-Greninja with U-Turn and Waterium Z Hydro Pump.
>>
Mimikyu Solo
>>
>>31096793
Dude, every. And I mean each and every one of my mons got that ribbon.

You can cheese this with comfey, it's stupidly easy to abuse the AI as long as you don't get the first kill and draw the agro.
>>
>>31100158
wait how so? whats the comfey cheese
>>
Silvally and Triage Comfey

use swords dance first turn, then explosion
send out comfey and cm/protect and snipe kills with draining kiss
>>
Swords Dance LO Explosion Silvally is BEST LEAD
>>
I got really lucky and beat it with my in game team.
Primarina
Salazzle
A-Dugtrio
>>
man i beat the main gime with shitmons and I just keep losing here and don't like the Free for all idea at all, but I just need the fucking EV boosting items to raise good mons for the battle tree is what I actuallly want to be doing in the first place
>>
I fucking hate this mode, shit is so set up against you. Got to master with Explosion+Swordsdance Silvally and now all I face is Mega Steelix, Rhyperior and Damp pokemon.
>>
>>31100236
As most people are pointing out, it's triage comfey. Gives priority +3 to healing moves which includes draining kiss.
>>
>>31096793
Might sound cheesy, but I used Xurkitree, Kartana and Guzzlord.
Xurkitree would just Discharge until it faints, occasionally pick up a K.O. and boosting its damage output even more. Once Xurk fainted I either switched in Quick Claw Guzzlord or Life Orb Kartana, whatever I needed the most. Draco Meteor on Guzzlord was pretty neat. Draco Meteor usually gets a one-hit K.O., which means you're only at -1 afterwards and can fire off another Draco without a huge damage loss.
Having protect on all of them was mandatory, because once you're in first place all your opponents will most likely target you.
>>
File: 1480840417075.png (191KB, 462x667px) Image search: [Google]
1480840417075.png
191KB, 462x667px
>>31096793
>Charge
>Explosion
>>
>>31102487
>I just need the fucking EV boosting items to raise good mons

no, don't blame it on that you just suck. there are tons of fucking ways to max out evs now without even battling, it's stupid but there the time you spend losing at battle royal and then just not playing could easily give you few max ev trained pokes. not to mention working the royal plaza can also ev train, level up and even give you bottle caps to give yourself great pokemon.

a little effort at the start then it snowballs into being brainless work
>>
>>31103670
you should feel ashamed of yourself.

I bet the npcs in your game all talk shit about you.

everyone's having a good time then some faggot comes along with ultrabeasts and shit.
>>
>>31103761
Okay so how do I figure out which Geodude has a HA when I farm for one?
>>
>>31103984
chain many geodudes (20 maybe 40+?) and then swap in an ability switcher or tracer
>>
>Unlock Master today
>1st attempt get completely destroyed
>2nd attempt with the same team I win in 4 turns because the AI goes full retard for some explained reason

I managed to save the battle video but it won't let me upload it for some reason.
>>
>>31096793
I lead with physical Aegislash, swords dance/kings shield until someone's about to die, then shadow sneak to pick off targets because not much can resist +6 Aegislash. If Aegislash dies I bring in Xurkitree or Porygon2 to wrap things up.
>>
>Mimikyu w/ Red Card, Arcanine w/ Focus Band, Mudsdale w/ Soft Sand
>Sword Dance Mimikyu on first turn, everyone's protecting. Anyone who attacks is sent out by the Red Card. Try to take as many KOs as I can with Play Rough/Shadow Claw or boost up more with Swords Dance if my disguise is still up
>Arcanine Intimidates, Extreme Speeds to snatch KOs. Flare Blitz for suicide KOs if I have the point lead and I can knock out someone with only one left
>Mudsdale tries not to die immediately
Somehow only needed 2~ attempts per rank after I beat Normal rank.
>>
>>31100236
Cm leech seed synthesis draining kiss, try to keep everyone alive an seed them, boost with cm and you are nearly immortal. Pick up kills with +3 priority cm boosted draining kiss.

Comfey is one of the most broken mons in this battle mode, it's hard to lose with this thing as the AI tends to focus killing aggressive players that net points early, if you play the long con and stay above 60% hp the AI ignores you until you are unstoppable or tries to kill seeded enemies instead.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.