[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does this stack up against the other final battles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 8

File: kukui.jpg (81KB, 730x438px) Image search: [Google]
kukui.jpg
81KB, 730x438px
How does this stack up against the other final battles?
>>
>>31094237
i kinda struggled with him though he's definitely better than diantha
>>
>>31094237
it was pretty cool since he had your other starter, plus he wasn't the champion, he was the challenger.

Kukui is easily the best pokemon professor, and the fact he had the third starter made it so much better.
>>
I actually lost to him a few times. Last time that happened was against Steven.
>>
>>31094237

>stealth rocks
>vietnam war flashbacks
>>
It was bad. The music sucked immensely and Kukui was such an anticlimactic choice for the last battle.
>>
>>31094250
silly anon everyone can be better than diantha
>>
kukui is a god

he has a hot ass wife
is smart and a respected pokemon professor
has balls and body of steel and fights with pokemon by himself
is a badass pokemon trainer that travelled the world
transforms the entire alola region and builds a huge pokemon league

is there anything this man can't do?
>>
Pretty random ass shit team
>>
>>31094253
>>31094250
>>31094257
>>31094270
cool guys

>> 31094274
>> 31094267
faggots
youll get no ...'s from me
>>
>>31094237
He's a pain in the dick if you lead or pivot with Golisopod, I'll tell you that for free.
Are there even any decent spinners/defoggers in SM?
>>
>>31094237
Better than Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 6 champions at least.
>>
>>31094267
>Kukui was such an anticlimactic choice for the last battle
name a more logical choice then
>>
>>31094274
they're all mons you meet early on but in term of his character yeah kinda
I like the fact that lycanroc is technically his ace tho
>>
With a party not horribly overleveled (3-5 lvls higher) I had to make switches instead of steamroll.
>>
>>31094287
yeah plenty in fact, like tsareena or dhelmise
>>
>>31094295
i'll be honest while i really like Kukui and all and his fight was pretty tough
the final boss should've been mother beast and the game ends right there
they should've pull A BW and you get to the leauge AFTER you finished the main game
>>
>>31094237
He's probably the worst so far

Alder at least had a strong Volcarona
Iris has Hyderigon and Haxorus
Diantha had a hard-hitting Mega Gardevoir and Goodra

He doesnt have anything outstanding. Maybe Snorlax? But thats still isnt that original
>>
>>31094301
>waifumon
>le 1% encounter rate of balance
Peachy. At least Tsareena seems to be a hard counter to kukui's sundoggo, then
>>
>>31094308
Wouldn't that be more anticlamatic?
The 2nd battle was piss easy
>>
>>31094334
*anticlimatic
>>
Likable and challenging unlike diantha...doesn't help I was literally 7 levels below him ofcourse.
>>
Was pretty cool.

I mean X and Y sucked balls in nearly every department including the champion so it's hard to beat that, but it was pretty cool.
>>
>>31094237
He was a piece of cake to beat compared to other champions. By chance I sent in my Mudsdale first while he sent in Lycanroc. A few Crunches and Stone Edges later, I Rest up to recover HP and proceed to sweep his team with +6 Defenses (since they mostly relied on physical attacks). However, he did use Decidueye in my game - it probably would have turned out differently if he used Primarina instead.
>>
>>31094270
Kukui can't wrestle like the Royal can
>>
this fucking league man
no exp share is jesus hell and kukui was a great final fight my golisopod had to carry.
>>
>kukui: Hiya bro/sis. Grats on becoming champ. let me be your first challenger!
>Diantha: Oh...hey you. I met you that one time. Thanks for stopping flare or whatever while I was too busy looking pretty.
>>
He's pretty good, particularly if you play with exp share off and have a team that's weak to ground/rock/water because muh only using gen 7 mons
>>
File: Praisebeskull.jpg (2MB, 3570x2550px) Image search: [Google]
Praisebeskull.jpg
2MB, 3570x2550px
Provided you stick to the Alola mons instead of picking up pokemon like salamence he's pretty rude.
Mudsdale I'd assume would make things easier too but I didn't have one, my tram was
Decidueye
Golisopod
Vikavolt
Crabomniable(holy shit was he worthless)
A-Muk
Minor
>>
>>31094520
>it's easy if you setup haha
No fucking shit.
Cynthia is the easiest champion, i just setup to +6 with Gyarados on Spiritomb and swept her.
>>
>>31094568
>Primarina used any move
>your team fainted
>>
Picking Litten makes his Primarina a pain in the ass. There's basically nothing that resists both STAB attacks and it hits really hard as well.

Also, starting with Stealth Rock is always bitch.

I went in without a Fairy or Flying resist, so potion spam was the only reason I didn't get BTFO'd.
>>
>>31094538
He does. He wrestle with Royal on the bed while his wife wasn't looking.

What do you think the "Mask" fetch quest was about? Why do you think there was a mask in his house in the ending?
>>
>>31094631
No problem with my merciless toxabro
>>
>>31094600
>t. anon that actually lost to him
>>
>>31094678

I was also doing a Nuzlocke, so good luck getting one of those I guess, and I wasn't using Tentacruel either. I basically prayed for no crits, and got lucky. His Snorlax was annoying too, because my Hariyama had already died. I basically had to drain the PP of both of these mons as well as get Braviary to kill itself with Brave Bird. It was terrible.
>>
>>31094697
Of course i would lose, Stealth Rocks hurts like a bitch and Moonblast shots my 10 levels behind team outside Araquanid
>>
>>31094295
There isn't. SM is unfinished rushed garbage and I wouldn't be surprised that the musician guy was going to be the champion originally

It's fine but still feels pretty lazy. Better than Diantha though
>>
>>31094295
The Masked Royal
>>
hard as fuck final boss if you dont use exp share. I was a solid 10 levels below his team.
>>
>>31094600
>Had to go out of their way to set up on Spiritomb while Mudsdale does it effortlessly to Lycanroc while underlevelled
>>
>>31094889
I didnt use expa share and i was also many levels below his and yet it was really easy
>>
>>31094237
Nothing too difficult except for Primarima which destroyed like half of my team. I would have much preferred if he used his Mr Royale suit to fight...
>>
Just beat him.
>Nebby hung in there with 20 HP (no revives being used)

I like that it's a throwback to Oak's unused battle data/the idea of him being the champ. Also his levels holy shit
>>
>>31094785
>musician guy
What? You mean literallywhoki?
>>
>>31094237
Why does his Lycanroc's Focus Miss never miss?
>>
Sneaky Pebbles fucked me in the ass
>>
>>31094637
He knows Burnett was a big fan of the Royal so got her a replica mask?
Come on anon, don't be stupid and imply Kukui is the Royal
>>
Since I didn't care for spoilers, I didn't know about this and was pleasantly surprised. His team was tough, loved the music, really brought a smile when he sent out the final starter.
It was a good build up too since he's a well known battler.
>>
>>31094831
Fucking this. I have no idea why that guy wasn't champ.
>>
>>31094932
>Nothing too difficult except for Primarima which destroyed like half of my team
Iktfb
>>
>>31094785
Wait what musician guy?
>>
>>31094268
Alder can't
>>
Loved the music, and it was reasonably challenging (because my whole team was weak to rock).
But I think the professor who studies moves should've used more interesting gimmick sets. Imagine if he'd used trick room this fight.
>>
Better than Diantha worse than Iris
>>
>>31095039
>>31095398
The dragon guitar player that you face in the league rematch
>>
>>31094268

I still think Wallace is the worst.
>>
About the only thing I hated about the fight against Kukui was him spamming Full Restores. My god, dude, just fucking take the loss already.
>>
>>31094267
>music sucked immensely
Why do people say this? It's the best Champion theme in 10 years.
>>
>>31094237
music is only okay but he was the perfect choice and his team isn't that bad either. the rematch got pretty close
>>
>>31095539
Iris had a fantastic theme
>>
>>31094237
I'd honestly say this was the best champ battle in the series. For the first time in ages it's actually a likeable character and not some forgettable garbage
>>
>>31094267
>The music sucked immensely
No, go fuck yourself. When it first started playing it actually made me smile, it was the first time a game made me genuinely happy as far back as I can remember.
>>
>>31095539
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dkK9r57BNk
Starts off well, the remix of the main theme is pretty hype. Then at 0:09 it's still alright, not quite as hype as before but the upbeat tone fits the fight well, but for me the whole thing falls apart at 0:29, and never really recovers. All of the energy from before just vanishes.
>>
>>31094237
Fuck Incineroar.
Fuck Magnezone.
inb4 owlfag.
>>
>>31094567

my lord Dianthia was a shitty individual and Generations didn't help

>oh Lysandre wants to destroy the world? eh whatever I'm too busy being a movie star to care

ANY champion could have been better than that bitch
>>
>>31094785
>I wouldn't be surprised that the musician guy was going to be the champion originally

that would have been WORSE than Dianthia.
>>
>>31094334
The battle was easy because Lusamine's AI was trash and her movesets were garbage tier. All her mons had beneficial natures, perfect IVs, and 252/252 EV spreads.

Really, just fix the AI and the movesets and add a Nihilego to her team and she's set.
>>
>>31094237
Better than Cynthia.
>>
>>31097109

>her Bewear did nothing but Pain Split

JUST
>>
>>31094237
how comes a professor is the most hardcore trainer in Alola?
was Oak that good if he really tried to battle?
>>
>>31097145
I'd imagine most professors would be except Gen 3's. They study pokemon all day, so some of that knowledge has to transfer well into battling.
>>
>>31095848
>bad opinion corner
>>
File: 1479024344964.png (255KB, 549x340px) Image search: [Google]
1479024344964.png
255KB, 549x340px
>>31094270
ACT
>>
>>31094237
He was actually pretty challenging. Most of my team was weak to stealth rocks which made it pretty damn hard. I ended up using all my revives and most of my potions. I'm glad they made the games harder this time. X and Y were just too easy, even with the Exp share turned off. You could literally just click Moonblast to win against Diantha.
>>
>>31097109
>EV spreads
[citation needed]
More just curious than anything. Do any other trainers have EV trained pokemon?
>>
>>31097109

All her mons had neutral natures actually. Same with R2 of the E4, ev trained but neutral natures.
>>
His Primarina fucked me up
>>
Better than Lance
Worse than Steven
>>
File: Scrappedfight.png (60KB, 815x594px) Image search: [Google]
Scrappedfight.png
60KB, 815x594px
>>31097145

Oak was planned as super boss that would basically use a touched up version of Blue's team but with the starter neither of you picked. It was scrapped for some reason.

If anyone ever goes to some event with GF at it, they should ask Morimoto why it was cut.
>>
I like Kukui's concept as fighting your Mentor/Professor (The ultimate shounen cliche)

But his team was an Alder-tier disappointment
>>
>>31097766
>touched up version of Blue's team
>it's still shit
>this was gonna be a superboss
That's why this was gonna be scrapped
>>
He was easy. Even my shit underlevelled team fucked him up 3 different times(i had to reload due to killing Tapu Koko)

A-Muk
Lycanroc
Dhelmise
Turtonator
Bruxish
A-Ninetales
>>
>>31097829

You know you can just kill Koko and reset for him later?
>>
File: trust nobody, not even yourself.png (124KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
trust nobody, not even yourself.png
124KB, 800x600px
>>31094270
>>
>>31094237
Well considering my team was:
>A. Persian
>Araquanid
>Oricorio
>Lycanroc Midnight
>Incineroar
>Dhelmise

His team overall fucked my shit up. I was so many levels below his team because I turned Exp. Share off immediately. Oricorio ended up being a surprise bro the whole playthrough. I even ended up boxing it, but then taking it back out later because I needed it's Flying type. Feather Dance helped, but that Stealth Rocks was a dick move. And he loved using Whirlwind with Braviary. My first time through the League I ended up using all 30 Full Restores, the rest of my 8 Hyper Potions, my 4 Max Potions, my 7 Max Revives, and all 25 of my Revives. All mainly on Kukui and Acerola. I could've had a better team, yeah. But I ended up getting attached to some of them.
>>
File: damaged.png (137KB, 250x290px) Image search: [Google]
damaged.png
137KB, 250x290px
>>31097911
>specifies Doggo's form
>but not the bird that's basically four distinct pokes in one
>>
>>31097941
Pom-Pom Style
>>
>>31095848
>All of the energy from before just vanishes
Despite maintaining it for the rest of the piece? Did you just stop listening at 0:29 or did you just go deaf for everything after 0:41 where the final challenge is perfectly represented by the theme?
>>
>>31094612
Good thing I picked Popplio (a modest female at that) so I was the one sending destruction his way. Using Ice beam/Shadow ball and destroying his Decidueye was fun.
>>
Team was

Mimikyu
Crabominable
Vikavolt
Mudsdale
Golisopod
and Decidueye

Stealth Rocks kept fucking me up, so I switched Decidueye to the front of the team with a Quick Claw to knock out Lycanroc before it could use it and it was easy after that. Fought the battle without using potions revives or switching after KO
>>
>>31097893
i do now, but i didn't at the time
>>
Had to reset a few times. Finally sent out something against Lycanroc where he wouldn't use Stealth Rock (I forget what - Toxapex maybe?) and then he was pretty easy
>>
>>31094267
>The music sucked immensely
Yeah, I agree with this. I didn't like it when I first heard it and I still haven't warned up to it. I guess GF thought the main theme would be good to have as your theme, but it does not sound good to me. At least not as a champion battle theme.
>>
I had some issues, but I didn't lose to him.

Ftr, my team was
Kommo-o
Mimikyu
Decidueye
Ribombee
Golisopod
Salazzle

Kommo-o and Mimikyu were the only ones left standing by the end.

Honestly, though, the thing that fucked me over the most was Kahili's Oricorio
>>
His Magnezone and Snorlax fucked me up.
>>
>>31094678
We're lucky his Primarina doesn't have Psychic, jesus
>>
>>31097656
I'm pretty sure all E4's pokémon are. My 252 neutral speed Tapu Koko got outsped by the golf girl's crobat. (they were at the same level)
>>
>>31095539
It drops the ball hard. It's a terrible music choice for a boss fight.

Do you want intro music used in the final fight done right? Go Stella glow, do you actually like an anticlimactic rendition of gen1 intro theme as a boss theme... Well I don't, many of us actually felt underwhelmed and felt that it robbed Alola of its identity.
>>
Man is a beast. Did not expect his Lycanroc to set up Stealth Rocks so I had some trouble. Aside from that, the battle was rather easy.

>Primarina
>Mudsdale
>Tsareena
>Golisopod
>Salazzle
>Pom-Ori

Contemplated on whether I should bring Nebby just for the lulz
>>
>>31095712
The music did suck ass, it's not a final boss theme and it failed to follow the mood of the rest of the game. The orchestra lacks the identity of the game and its easily one of the worst attempts to pull the "intro plays in the final fight" trope.
>>
>>31094831
They're the same person anon
>>
>>31099027
>Trying to ruin people's fun no matter how right you are.

Its just as bad as people thinking Plisken and Solid Snake aren't the same people.
>>
>>31094831
BANE?
>>
>>31095030
>Nebby
>Using Legendaries to beat the E4
People who use Legendary Pokemon have no right to comment on difficulty
>>
Fuck Sundoggo and his Sneaky Pebbles
Golisopod did not like switching in, at all

Tsareena and Nebby had to fucking carry that fight for me
>>
the champion sucks ass, it was all over the trailers. such a boner kill.
>>
>>31099110
So not wanting to get the extra dialogue with Kukui and granting Koko his battle is bad? Yeah dude, stay deluded.
>>
>>31095065
The same reason grass whistle in battle tree never misses
>>
>>31094267
>Look mom I'm different!

Being a contrarian isn't cool, kid.
>>
>>31098963
>Stella Glow

HIGH FIVES HERE
>>
>>31094270
>is there anything this man can't do?
beat a champion, for one
>>
File: 1473978790102.png (187KB, 600x433px) Image search: [Google]
1473978790102.png
187KB, 600x433px
>>31095539
it's just the fucking music from the trailers. I thought it was pretty lame
>>
>>31097656
>Do any other trainers have EV trained pokemon?
The guy with a Smeargle early on has to be EV trained, because Tackle coming from 20 base Attack shouldnt be that strong
>>
>>31100224
Ilima's Smeargle has Technician.
>>
>>31100363
Smeargle still only has 20 base Attack
>>
>>31100151
https://youtu.be/kjt6b3Ksgnk

Few games make you feel like you earned your final boss battle. Cartesia/Eve theme was already dope, song of the moon countering the Celestial hymn was badass as a villain song and debuff central, but man I wasn't expecting them to put that song in such a tasteful yet hype way, this and Levia where pretty much the anthem of victory.
>>
>>31100224
>>31100363
It also has 31 IVs and 252 EVs in both attack stats. And knows ember.
It was the only battle I lost in the entire game apart from the Red/Blue one.
>>
Good but I wish he didnt spam healing items so much. Not even Cynthia spams as many Full Restores and Full Heals
>>
File: klaus.jpg (169KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
klaus.jpg
169KB, 400x240px
>>31100405
>>31100151
How's the Anthem program going anons?
>>
>>31100550
As someone who played luminous arc I should have seen this coming, but Jesus I was blinded by Also determination playing on Hilda last stand and the betrayal hit me hard as fuck.
>>
Easy like every other champion apart from Cynthia if you actually black out in the main game kys
>>
>>31100913
>Cynthia
>Hard
>>
>Stealth Rocks
>Tailwind
>Priority Whirlwind spam

Kukui was a good final battle
>>
>>31100550
LEAVE. I have Rusty and Nonoka mass-slaughtering everything anyway.
>>
>>31094237
Much better than Diantha. Hopefully gamefreak learned their lesson about shitty champions.
>>
>>31101164

She is in DP. She's not bad in Platinum due to the better mon selection and her Chomp being nerfed in round 1.
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.