[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your hopes for Gen 8?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: logo.png (209KB, 2000x736px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
209KB, 2000x736px
What are your hopes for Gen 8?
>>
>>31093650
HD and a really cool new battle mechanic
>>
A generation as strong as this gen was. And remakes of the best Gen
>>
>>31093650
More cameos
Bring back VS Seeker
Smoother PC operations
Cutscenes are now replayable
New shiny palette known as rare shiny
>>
>>31093650
Numerical IV & EV checking
100+ New Pokémon
Fairy nerf
>>
>>31093650
More waifus
>>
>>31093650
titties
>>
>>31093650
>Improved Framerates
>Gyms returning
>Triple Battles returning
>Region filled with new Pokémon, not watered down by Pokémon from another Gen
>A region that's not too exotic
>More Megas
>New forms for Pokémon outside of Gen 1
>A post game with something like the black tower or white tree from BW2.
>Cutdown on the length or amount of cutscenes
>Not have my hand held all game; let me go on my adventure alone.
>>
>>31093867
Oh and just have the PSS for bottom screeen.
>>
>>31093873
>bottom screen
>>
Ability to assign a smaller Pokémon as you shouldermon.
>>
>>31093650
Will Gen1 and Gen2 'mons redeem themselves in gen8?
>>
>>31093650
That it doesn't fucking happen
>>
>What I'm hoping for
New routes with high-levelled wild Pokemon to explore in the postgame, ala gen 5. Also more battle facilities aside from just a battle tower clone.

>What I'd like, but know Gamefreak would never actually do
A complete dex reboot with 250-300 new Pokemon only. Not being familiar with anything gives everything a sense of wonder and mystery. It's like playing your first ever Pokemon game from scratch without having any of memories of it. Gen 5 did a fairly good job of this but messed it up with the boring linear region. I'd love Gamefreak to have another go at a reboot gen, but the series relies far too much on nostalgia pandering now.
>>
Waifus
>>
File: 1475748551719.jpg (172KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475748551719.jpg
172KB, 800x600px
>>31093650
>Canada
>Russia
>Snow
>dolphin pokemon
>gyms
>good postgame
>following pokemon
>>
>>31093940
>The post game meme
Nobody play postgame
>>
>>31093650
Some "good" games. Gen 5 tier, at most, gen 3, at least. Big region. Less hand holding. 120+ new mons minimum, including 3 box legends, 3 sub legends, and at least 2 mythical. A non-Dragon type Psuedo. Pokemon with normal movepools, no more of this "high atk, but only sp. atks in its movepool" crap. Better encounter rates. Less gimmicks. Less cutscenes. Sitting down. D-Pad. Auto-Running option in menu, like in HGSS. Bike.
>>
>>31093670
So... another weak gen...? For what reason?
>>
>>31093708
>rare shiny
>(1/4000)^2 chance
>thank you mr masuda
>>
>>31093966
7 was better than 5 & 6 by a mile.
>>
File: Battle_Frontier_Map.png (435KB, 600x325px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_Frontier_Map.png
435KB, 600x325px
That we get this back
>>
>>31093976
>7 was better than 5 & 6 by a mile.
It was certainly better than 6, but it is equal to 5.
>>
>>31093948
Really? Literally everyone who's not a normie does.
>>
>>31093976
Not even close. Gen 6 was absolutely terrible, and it's still better than 7.
>>
>>31093985
I could see that. Need to play 5 again to jog my memory.
>>
File: 1478598173933.jpg (75KB, 522x542px) Image search: [Google]
1478598173933.jpg
75KB, 522x542px
>>31093948
I do
>>
>>31093985
No. That's just not true. Gen 6/7 are half as good as ANYTHING before, so definitely not equal to 5, and gen 6 is better that 7, so 7 is nowhere near 5. I mean, they're as far apart as... the Sun and the moon!!
>>
>>31094023
Wait shit, I didn't mean equal, I meant that they both are amazing in their own right.

Sun and Moon has some story and pacing problems but is easily one of the most /comfy/ games and has good ease-of-use improvements, while BW had the best story and characters.
>>
File: 1482468594216.gif (23KB, 376x297px) Image search: [Google]
1482468594216.gif
23KB, 376x297px
>>31093948
>Nobody play postgame

please leave
>>
Would love more mons in gen 8 for sure. The one part of Gen 5 I enjoyed aside from the music was the exclusivity of the pokemon until postgame.
>>
>>31093650
Hard mode for big kids. I get that that Pokemon is for children but it should be clear by now that it reaches an audience of all ages. So hit us with a hard mode.
>>
>>31093966
>>31093985
>>31094011
>>31094023
unovabortions leave
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 960x768px
>>31093650
In-game
>at least 100 new non-form Pokemon
>reduce the story importance to pre-gen 5 levels
>stop giving everything's shit stats in an attempt to "combat" the power creep, buff old shitmons and nerf the overpowered mons instead
>HD graphics
>new, fun to explore region; keep the HMs dead though

>Nintendo Switch exclusive, hopefully with no fucking friend codes and security system that takes at least as long to hack as the Wii Us
>Rework the IVs or get rid of them entirely
>Improve the online experience. Add in-game/in-battle chat. Add a viewable battle log in the Wifi battles. Allow us to view the summary of Pokemon deposited on the GTS. Bring back the Battle Video search engine (why would you even get rid of it in the first place??)
>aim for a stable 60 fps, or just try to remove the unnecessary clutter that makes the battles drag out for so long it makes people jump ship to Showdown
>Make the custom tournaments not shit
That's all I can think of for now
>>
>>31093940
>dolphin mon
Japs eat the poor shits, do you really think they want them to look friendly?

On second thought, they also hunt whales, and yet we have Wailmer and Wailord, so...
>>
I want a derpgon type early route shitmon with crappy bst in its final form, not even hitting 420. A gimmicky sub 400 derpgon that relies on an ability too.
>>
>>31094031
For you, sure. For me, I started in gen 1, but I claim Hoenn as my home. Johto was fun, kanto alone sucks though. Sinnoh is nice. Unova is comfy af, but there are a bit too many trees for me. Everything else makes it ok though. Kalos is ok, but literally everything in it is shit. No post game sucks. Alola is meh. It just feels so restrictive, and small, and boring, it's hard to even focus on what's going on. Too easy, not enough Pokemon, and no post game. Battle Tree doesn't count.
>>
>>31093708
>rare shiny
>not albino Pokemon
>>
>>31094055
just play nuzlocke. If you find that its still too easy, make more self imposed restrictions. stuff like no grinding, no held items, only using pokemon centers, only using them pokemon centers once. you can make the game as difficult as you want
>>
>>31094074
Genwunner please leave.
>>
>stop making waifushit
>no more retarded story where i have to be leashed to some bitch i don't care about
>i don't want to be a 10 year old anymore
>no new pokemon, the pokemon this gen are garbage and fucking up the metagame
>no 3 starters, how about 18 starters and you can pick one right from the very beginning with each having their own type
>>
>>31094103
Fair enough, I started with Gen 4 so Sinnoh will be my home.
>>
>>31093977
>The Battle Snek
>The Battle Ancient Alien Signal Tower
>The Battle Corporate Entity
>The Battle Dojo
>The Battle Tower
>The Battle Babe
Yes, please.
>>
>>31094119
Nuzlocke's are boring. I had a great time with SM by shutting off EXP and battling on set, but that doesn't compare to an experience tailored to more difficult play.
>>
I would like to see cross evos back in order to fix some shitmons. That way we can also get new mons while focusing on previous generations.
No babies though, the little shits are useless.

It's sad that it seems cross evos aren't going to be a thing anymore, having in mind stuff like Megas and regional forms.
Was gen 4 that poorly received?
I honestly like the gen 4 evos.
>>
>>31094163
This.
>>
>>31094182
This too.
>>
NG+ Hard Mode.
>All your old Mons are locked in the PC until you beat the E4 or if you suspend your NG+.
(you can choose to suspend your NG+ at any point if you want to do post game breeding, it locks your NG+ stuff and resumes your first game stuff. There's no penalty to swapping back and forth, you just can't exploit it to make the game easier.)
>Different starter selection and different wild/gift Pokemon (think National Dex). This is the only way to get a lot of Pokemon in the game; nearly every Regional Dex Pokemon is gone to encourage new team compositions.
>Tougher trainers with smarter team compositions; Gym Leaders, E4 and other 'boss' enemies make use of held items, abilities, switching in/out, buffing/debuffing etc
>Plotline events are changed. Instead of catching your version's legendary, you fight a tough Totem Pokemon style bossfight against the other version's legendary. The villain team gets a step further in their plan which leads to a tougher battle.
>>
Ability to pick an age for your character out of three groups, like child, teen, adult. In addition to changing you appearance and maybe a couple customisation options, its also a difficulty setting, with child being the easiest and adult being the hardest.
Maybe also a "very hard" NG+ in which you play as your character as an old man/woman.
>>
>>31093650
Hold the power creep ffs
100+ actual new pokemon
Updates to pokemon that havent received significant buff/forms for about 2 gens
A unova-style dex in that it revisits old concepts but adds some twists
>>
More Ice types.
>>
>>31093650
No Z Moves
No Megas
No gen 1 pandering
100+ new pokemon
Customization
New battle facilities
Rebalance
No cutscene spam
>>
File: 1482496205267.png (532KB, 832x420px) Image search: [Google]
1482496205267.png
532KB, 832x420px
>>31093650
>Hope that GF changes how the damn Cube works on Zygarde so that the Perfect form also gets to be permanent and keep Aura Break, since the fucking dog can, then so should Mechagarde.

>Waiting for another change to the type chart, make pure Grass types more viable pls, it's like you can't even send one out without getting shit on by SE moves from any fucking type, either make it SE on another type or remove one of its SE weaknesses

>I hope that Gen 8 is the start of uncucking the initial trio master/3rd master legendary, really tired of that shit since Gen 5 with Kyurem and that we gotta wait and hope that the new forms are good

>Just don't cuck your new Pokemon with literally zen mode or make new forms that are tied to said ability that are ONLY accessible in-battle and wastes their only ability to literally get the upperhand or be more effective, look at fucking WATER BUBBLE IT GOT 3 EFFECTS IN 1

>Make more regional variants, the concept is great, though vaguely utilized in SM

>Lots of Jothomons that need some treatment and regional variants would benefit lots of them

>Bring back the national dex IN the damn game

>My biggest hope for SM was that it would be like how Gold & Silver was for Red, Blue & Yellow, so that SM would somehow fill in the major gaps from XY by letting us explore Kalos and expand on what XY failed to do

>Make more new moves with 80 base power and 100 accuracy, Rock types are desperate for a reliable rock move and not Stone Miss.

>Game Freak... just TRY to balance out your games, soooo much cheese
>>
> Dry, arid region. Maybe based off of Spain or Australia.
> A "catch-up" gen, like Gens II and IV. We have a lot of incomplete evolutionary lines that I feel need something in order to feel fully fleshed out. If you're only going to add ~70 new monsters, at least use them to make what was previously established good.
> ~20 or so new Megas.
> PM:TTYD-style sidequests that present you with rewards and either add to the backstory or atmosphere of the games.
> Upgradeable skills for your character. For instance, instead of obtaining new fishing rods, we become more competent at fishing as we progress through the story and complete sidequests.
> Old Exp. Share setup, but give the Vs. Seeker to trainers who don't want to grind wild Pokemon as a compromise.
> Bring back, at the very least, Triple and Inversion battles.
> More involved dungeons. With a few exceptions, the dungeons in XY and Sun/Moon felt like collections of fights, rather than substantial, multilevel dungeons.
> Return of DexNav, Amie/Refresh, and Super Training.
> Reduce Hyper Training minimum to level 50.
> Expand the concept of Hidden Bases by having the player acquire control of an abandoned gym. You can change the floor layout, set up puzzles and obstacles, place trainers, and make the gym as unconventional or challenging as you want it to be.
> At least have a solid battle facility for post-game.
>>
File: 1482778447367.jpg (120KB, 1146x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1482778447367.jpg
120KB, 1146x1700px
>>31093650
Dunno, but I'd like a D/P remake sometime soon, maybe "Shining Diamond/Sparkling Pearl" as a filler game between major gens or something. Maybe I'm just a bit nostalgic since it was the first game I completed and spent the most time on, maybe it's just cause I want to play with my favorite starter Empoleon again, maybe it's because I want to see an HD Gardenia, probably all of the above, but I'd like a remake some time in the future. Plus, having that underground cave network utilized for online-play would be pretty cool. I can still remember that map pretty damn well.
At the very least, put Gardenia in the post-game of the next game so I can at least have that much. Maybe she'd get more art that way.
>>
>>31093650
> Gyms
> remove megas
> remove regional forms
> remove IVs
> remove EVs
> remove Fairy typing

I want oldschool Pokemon back.
>>
File: 1482906235836.jpg (39KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1482906235836.jpg
39KB, 400x400px
>>31094766
IVs were in Gen 1 too

gg m8
>>
>>31094766
This might be bait but in case not, IVs and EVs were in "oldschool Pokemon".
>>
>>31094752
>Gardenia's navel service in grandeur 3D format
I'd buy it in a heartbeat also because I skipped gen 4
>>
File: 1480200562845.jpg (272KB, 1200x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1480200562845.jpg
272KB, 1200x1220px
>>31094783
I honestly think Gardenia contributed a bit to my non-sexual naval fetish; I just love tummies and girl abs, sometimes it can be sexual but most of the time I just want to kiss a cute tummy. She's one of my favorite gym leaders and it would be great to see her in 3D again.
>also because I skipped gen 4
Pearl was the first game I owned for myself. I grew up watching the anime, collecting cards and toys, etc etc, but the Pokemon games never really caught my eye until D/P came out and I got it for Christmas. Before that I had only played gen 1 via borrowing. I fucking loved it but B/W and X/Y bored me halfway through, I'm enjoying S/M though.
>>
EX-Trade Evos

For example, you trade a Machop for a Kadabra. You will get an Alakazam EXT forme which looks like a hybrid of an Alakazam and a Machamp, but Alakazam is Predominant in traits. Typing changes too.

Same goes with The traded Machoke.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.