[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GF wants pokemon to be an e-sports but...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: e-sports.png (83KB, 929x565px) Image search: [Google]
e-sports.png
83KB, 929x565px
They even added a WCS ladder this gen. But the game's still incredibly obtuse about vital information such as EVs, IVs, egg moves, etc.

The only realistic way of competing is looking at external resources, using simulators and hacking.

I don't understand what GF is trying to do here.
>>
>>31093562
>But the game's still incredibly obtuse about vital information such as EVs, IVs, egg moves, etc.
No it really isn't

Also Game Freak doesn't really care if it's an e-sport or not. It's The Pokémon Company International that do.
>>
there isn't a single "'"""esport""""" that doesn't have heavy reliance on external resources

just look at CS:GO, where tons of 3rd party research is put into bullet spray testing and mesh measuring
>>
File: image.png (173KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
173KB, 680x680px
>>31093562
>e-"""sports"""
>>
>>31093562
>not a single westerner in top 10
What went wrong?
>>
>>31093753
westerners confirmed shitters
>>
>mfw Pephan is high on the ladder.

It seems he hasn't "lost" to his gf yet.
>>
>>31093753
Dude, N7 is not chinese, he is Chilean, southamerican.
>>
>>31093789
>Latin America
>west
>>
>>31093753
Japanese players don't use PS nearly as much as Westerners do, plus their real life (official) tournaments are very concentrated and streamlined. I think it's a major contributing factor to their dominance at 2015 Worlds - CHALK functions much the same in bo3 as it does in bo1.
>>
>>31093661
In Pokemon, merely starting out will require hours and hours of research and team building.

Meanwhile, all it takes to start on Street Fighter V would be knowing your character moves and practicing them for a bit, for example.

>>31093742
I know, but it's a thing now.

>>31093834
Wait, what? This is a troll, right?
>>
>>31093577
>No it really isn't
The only one you can view reliably in game now is IVs. The rest is still completely unknown to players.
>>
>>31094479
You can view evs even earlier than ivs. Press y nigga.
>>
>>31094530
It's just a graph without real numbers.

Pretty pointless unless you're doing 252 spreads.
>>
They don't really care about how even and fair it is. They want it to feel like it naturally would in the Pokemon universe; you train up your best/favorite Pokemon and battle with them. That's why they don't outright tell you about EVs and IVs, they don't want Pokemon to be simply seen as numbers. They are very protective of their brand imaging.
>>
>>31094669
This is the gayest excuse EVER.
I guess you shouldn't be able to team Reaper with Mercy in Overwatch too, huh?
>>
>>31094669
>they don't want Pokemon to be simply seen as numbers
I hate to be that guy, but pretty much anyone that wants to have any sort of presence in any sort of competitive scene HAS to treat their characters as numbers due to statistics, hitboxes, etc. not doing so and being unaware puts you at a disadvantage and creates an artificial skill gap. People don't use Mega Salamence because Salamence is their "bro"; they use Mega Salamence because he's fucking busted in every available rule format.
>>
>>31094756
I don't disagree with that. Obviously having the best numbers to beat out opponent's numbers is what you have to do to succeed competitively against another person. I'm just explaining why we need to use external sources to figure that stuff out.
>>
>>31094811
I'm just saying it's bad game design. I'll give Game Freak credit where credit is due; they have made breeding and move availability easier. Destiny Knot, Everstone, up to 4 Egg moves, Synchronize, Bottle Caps, at least 3 maxed IVs for un-breed-ables—there's a lot. But then there's all the stupid shit, like completely getting rid of Super Training for precise EVs, relying on a graph that gives you absolutely no feedback unless the EV is maxed, Bottle Caps basically having Master Ball-tier rarity, needing to be Lv.100 for Hyper Training in a game without any sort of fast grinding areas, and forcing everyone to re-breed and train anything they did in Gen VI only because they aren't native to Gen VII (I understand WHY they want to cycle out old Pokémon, but that doesn't excuse them forcing the same process on you just to create an identical Pokémon just in a different region).
>>
>>31094669
I agree that this is the case, which then begs the question: why they keep those "hidden" systems instead of streamlining stats, abilities, moves, etc. so those people could still have statistically strong pokemon even though they didn't spin inside the autism box for hours and then min-maxed their EV spreads?

I don't know about how children and casuals feels, but I imagine it's a very frustrating experience and a turn off from competitive when you stand no chance of winning because opponents seems to deal so much more damage while you can't take any.

This system seems to filter out so many people out of competitive.
>>
>>31094628
>I have to do math to get the spread I want. This is bullshit.
It's not even something complicated. It's literally simple division. If you can't keep up with how many times you killed something, buy an Adderall
>>
>>31095755
>dumb elitism
I'm sure that will grow the competitive scene.

http://thegreatgastrodon.blogspot.com.br/2015/07/too-many-players-do-not-return.html

Oh wait, it's actually shrinking. My bad!
>>
>>31095755
Kys drug attic
>>
>>31093562
vgc is, and will always be, dogshit. Mostly because shit isn't hype in the slightest.
>>
>>31095914
It is hype when the underdog makes a great prediction or just destroys the competition with a team that nobody has seen before, but yeah, most of the time is the same crap over and over.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.