[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I figured out why everyone doesn't like Sun and Moon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 3

>Pokemon Sun and Moon incorporate a lot of fun changes to the series
>include different story
>feature new gameplay mechanics
>Sun and Moon breaks the repetitive mold that was; Rival, Gym Leaders, Pokemon League

>Autism Spectrum symptoms
>Repetitive patterns of behavior, interests and/or activities
>VP is Autism
>>
>>31093291
>feature new gameplay mechanics
the problem lies when the new gameplay mechanics are significantly worse than the gameplay mechanics introduced in XY

the rest are whatever. the story was anime-tier, so enjoyable but kinda dumb and hamfisted, and the totem battles were pretty kewl
>>
>>31093291
Sun and Moon are literally the most repetitive games yet though.
>>
>>31093322
Can agree on the story, but I enjoyed it, felt more engaging than all the other ones
How they worst tho?
>>
>>31093323
didn't feel repetitive to me
>>
i love pokemon. still do. will buy a switch just to play the new pokemon games. but honest sun and moon are super medicore. story isnt even a big change. trails instead of gym made the games not staight trash just medicore. characters are but everything from pacing, aesthetics, pokemon distrubtion, bland enivorment, the trash festial plaze. it was a hugly underwhemling experience. im ready to move from it
>>
>>31093360
I thought it was a great way to jump back into the series, all those features made it feel better while still having the theme of every other pokemon game
>>
>>31093330
>How they worst tho?
are you talking about the gameplay mechanics? festival plaza is a straight downgrade from pss and join avenue which it took inspiration from. pss was super streamlined and festival plaza took a fat shit on that, forcing you to be at the place to be connected to the internet, instead of having the connection on ready to go whenever. on the join avenue side, you could actually upgrade the shops yourself instead of wating for rng which is mysteriously not present in festival plaza.
trainer customization is also a straight downgrade from xy. you are locked out of certain colors and the only way of getting more is through festival plaza which is also rng based and annoying as fuck
sos battles are also a straight downgrade from xy's horde battles in terms of ev training. once again, it took a fat shit on a streamlined process.

also since you're trying to make a connection that autistic people like repetitive bullshit and therefore hate the changes in sm, wouldn't an autistic person love the mindless repetition in sos battles and type matchup tests?
>>
>>31093380
>I thought it was a great way to jump back into the series
which games did you skip
>>
>>31093291
>fun changes
>new story
>breaks patterns
In theory, these are good, but S&M had no fun changes, only crappy ones, it has a shit story, and it broke all of the wrong patterns.
S&M ultimately suffered from GF not know the difference between good ideas and bad ideas anymore. Gen 6 HAD this issue as well, but sadly, they were still better than this.
>>
We know /vp/ is autistic but the reception for this game has been great otherwise
>>
>>31093463
No, it hasn't. Buying it and sort of playing it doesn't make it well received. Outside of vp, this shit died out faster than go.
>>
>>31093432
X and Y

>>31093403
The connection was that it was a change and therefore bad
And there was still plenty of neat features, like the Poke Pelago and Pokemon Refresh and felt wonderful to have in the game
Festival plaza was nothing special, admittedly, but like, not ground breaking enough for me to hate the game
>>
>>31093322
>>31093330
>>31093403
>>31093455

And yet, 5th Gen is unbearable to play by comparison.
>>
>>31093455
>only change people found fun was the removal of gyms
people don't want pokemon to be pokemon.
>>
How many more threads?
>>
>>31093472
Nobody is talking about gen5 here you dumbfuck, make your own genwar thread
>>
>>31093291
>Rival
still has those
>Gym Leaders
trials are basically just gyms but with a new gimmick
>Pokemon League
at the end of the story as always

Sun and Moon aren't as crazy-different as people think. Different story sure, but overall still the same thing we've played before, and I'm okay with that.
>>
>>31093469
ya for sure pelago was a lot of fun
>>
>>31093500
Agreed, desu, the slight changes felt great tho, and the scenery was amazing, and generally the story ended off really well, and felt like a journey was completed
>>
>>31093467
Pokemon Go was a social fad that only died out quickly in comparison to the gargantuan amount of attention it received and its everpresent mobile game peers. It had weeks in the limelight. Sun and Moon are story based RPGs with a definitive endpoint. Of course people finished it sooner. Sorry, but Sun and Moon have been very well received and sold incredibly well.
>>
>>31093518
>Pokemon go dead
It's the no 2 grossing iphone app in america
https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/814240108450873345

Yeah is dead
>>
So basically: we can all agree that gen 6 did EV training much better than gen 7; and we can all agree that Festival Plaza is utter shit compared to both PSS and Join Avenue.

These are kind of a big fucking deal, so of course they left a sour taste in people's mouths.

Other than that, your mileage may vary, but SM was mostly well-received.

SM are pretty (on New 3DS), asthetically pleasing, have an okay story, some wonderful human characters, better variety in new Pokemon than gen 6, some fantastic changes to the battle engine, etc. Lots to like.

Unfortunately, Festival Plaza taints the ENTIRE online functionality, and totally trashing hordes and Super Training (even if Pelago is just as good) AND making Hyper Training next to impossible to actually use tainted the experience for people who care about competitive battling.

TRADING and BATTLING with others were the two aspects most heavily set back by SM. REALLY makes you think, Sempai. Game Freak did a lot of nice things with SM, but making trading and competitive training worse than gen 6 (current apex of the series) really betrays that people who work there truly are out of touch.

That's like making a gorgeous new Mario Galaxy with a cool story, music, characters, new enemies and bosses, but the jumping and hit detection are shitty. Misplaced priorities.
>>
>>31093291
General consensus seems to be that SM are good games. A loud minority of retards baiting doesn't equate to "no one likes SM"

>>31093478
Gyms are a staple of the series but they are far from being what defines Pokémon.

>>31093467
And yet competitions are going on, people are still playing (especially a shitload of kids who got it fro Xmas). Mind you there's GL stats to prove that
>>
>>31093660
>and totally trashing hordes and Super Training (even if Pelago is just as good) AND making Hyper Training next to impossible to actually use tainted the experience for people who care about competitive battling.

That is totally untrue. EV training is very easy in Gen 7

With the reworked Power Items, and SOS chains you can reliably max out a stat in 7~8 defeated pokémon. With Maxed Poképelago, you can passively train while you are away, and you can cutomize what kind of EVs you want easily through defining the number of play sessions.

As for the IV Breeding, it's now easier than ever, since it keeps the IV passing with Destiny Knot, you can check the IVs anytime anywhere with a PC. It also gives you the option to manually max out IVs, where you couldn't do it before (altough I agree it's shit that there are no good grinding spots, something like White TreeHollow would be apreciated). It's also easier to get a reliable Dittto for breeding without cheating since SOS chains give you easy access to guaranteed 4 IV pokémon.
>>
>>31093660
I'd say pikmin distribution is also horrible.
I am currently on lazy gameplay, and kinda self-restricted myself to use only alolan mons in form of Starter/danceborb/1-per-island
I struggled to find decent member of team on middle islands, and Rockdoggo and Jangmo-o spots were pretty much uncontested
>>
only thing that pisses me off is that it triggers a fucking cutscene if you're even remotely close to Lillie, cutscene ends, you walk five steps and get another cutscene thrown at your face
>>
>>31093801
It was story, and Lillie was hella great to see develop
>>
Replaying SM hurts, because the whole first island is to much story driven with many cutscenes and a linear path to follow. Also half of the island being one big cliff just feels super akward.

After that, it doesn't really pay out because SM is rather linear and the most focus is still on the story. Exploration is still decent, but the routes are mostly repetive. I liked Kalos more in that aspect.

The story was neat, but it still wasn't really good. And that's hillarious after that many cutscenes and scripts you lived through.

Gameplay is the same. But competive it's so much dissapointing. The Hyper Training is good, but leveling up is a pain to the ass thanks to this shitty fifth gen exp system. EV training is still decently working with SOS methods, but I think Hordes were more fun. Festival Plaza is garbage, takes to much time and it's freaking tedious to trade and battle against friends.

SM are decent, but I have to say that I am already tired of them.
>>
>>31093790
There's plenty of cool stuff on the second and third island. From the top of my head, in Island 2 you can get Salazzle, Golisopod, Mudsdale, Shiinotic, the monkeys, fucking Pyukumuku, Marearnie (altough it's not island exclusive).

In island 3, you can find Turtonator, Komala, Mimikyu, Minior, Bruxish and more I forgot.

Now if you're talking about their rates, I'll agree that some of them have no business being so rare. Hell, there shouldn't be a 50% chance of catching Magikarp in bubbling spots when the chance of catching them when they are not bubbling is pretty much 100%
>>
>>31093846
I've rarely ran into any of them, I've settled down for Charjabug and Crabrawler.
Bad luck I believe.
>>
>>31093845
>Replaying SM hurts, because the whole first island is to much story driven with many cutscenes and a linear path to follow
Now this is a criticism I can get behind. I don't think I'll be replaying SM anytime soon because while I loved the campaign, the though of those first hours of constant cutscenes without the option to skip them is dreadful

I'd argue with you on XY having better routes, though. SM routes feel longer, more varied and make sense. Kalos is just a bunch of biomes slapped together without rhyme or reason. You go from an autumm route to a chilly city to a heavy snow route to a mild-tempered route again. It feels disjointed
>>
>>31093291
feature new gameplay mechanics such as
>menu lag
>5 fps
>cutscenes
>0 degrees of freedom
>more cutscenes
>endless chains of encounters when all i want is to catch one fucking pokemon i mean come on what the fuck
>bland encounters
>tutorial level difficulty (ioncluding but not limited to underleveled, one pokemon-having, shitty trainers
>etc etc

best gameplay mechanics so far tbhimodesufam
>>
>>31093870

This happened some times before.

Hoenn: A desert left from a heavy raining route
Sinnoh: A snow city and some hundred metres right a tropical resort with a desert.
Únova: A big desert right after a highly populated city
>>
>>31093486
>goes to image board about game
>people have complaints about GAME!?
>???????????????????
>>
>>31093889
BW?
>>
>>31093889
Don't jinx it anon
>>
>>31093890
Hoenn desert makes sense though. Look up rain shadow. It' basically the same deal as the Haina Desert in Alola, altough Alola made a slightly better job by making the neigbouring routes arid as well. A much more hard-hitting argument would be using the Shoal Cave, because it somehow has ice despite being at surface level in a semi-tropical region

The tropical island might be farther away than just a few hundred meters, since you hop on the boat and teleport there. The snow routes themselves might just be an high altitude too, not unheard off.

You got me with the Unova desert, but that's pretty much the only odd one out area. Most of Kalos is just disjointed, it cycles between biomes in order to accomodate all the Pokediveristy without caring about making the region feel cohese. ALola could've fallen in the same trap, but they were smart enough to separate the region in 4 islands.
>>
>>31093660
>really betrays that people who work there truly are out of touch.
But are they really? The majority of the player base doesn't really give a shit about competitive battling, EV training and all the other nitpicking it entails, and most of those shitters just cut out the middleman and inject their shit in the first place anyway, so why pander to them?

Trading's a great point but is it really all that broken either? The idea of trading was for one-off transfers between friends which the FP can still handle perfectly fine, not mass-dumping of breedjects on WT/GTS.

If anything, it's your ilk that are out of touch with the broader, far more casual base that's going to get tired of playing the same old shitty ass '90s 2D RPG with a lifeless 3D environment grafted on sooner or later.
>>
>>31093291

are you serious? there's too many cutscenes to even have any adventure in the game, this is not autism, this is just moronic decision of masuda to approve ohimori's shit
>>
>I figured out why everyone doesn't like Sun and Moon

I feel like all these threads are made by the same person.

Always the same picture, same writing style, same laughable claims (Sun/Moon sold poorly!) that are tailor-made to get a rise.
>>
>>31094029
>(Sun/Moon sold poorly!)

it did, show me proofs against it
>>
>>31094047
At least try
>>
>Sun and Moon breaks the repetitive mold that was; Rival, Gym Leaders, Pokemon League

But it doesn't. It's the same thing rebranded. Even ending in an elite four...
>>
>>31094058

I'm asking you for proofs you moron!
>>
>>31094131
I'm not going to entertain your bait, if you don't at least make an effort to make it entertaining. Have a free (you)
>>
I dislike it, 'cause Festival Plaza...
Bring PSS back
>>
>>31094150

you fucking idiot!

you said it's a lie that SM is selling bad, then I asked you for reports! what a fucking shit... holy crap
>>
>>31093469

>skipped x and y

You are the most pure anon on /vp/, you played every pokemon game worth playing and skipped the only one that had nothing going for it. Lucky you
>>
>>31093900
Literally almost zero threads about this for weeks. Suddenly in one day there are several at once. Feels like samefagging.
>>
>>31093291
Nigga. I just don't like cutscenes every 5 steps.
>>
>>31093291
No, everyone dislikes it because different isn't always good. In this case it's dogshit.
>>
>>31093291
GameFreak can make the tiniest change and everyone will call it the series shifting completely because they're easy to impress.

Now, I'm not saying the game is bad, but the formula really is no different at all, and yet I'm seeing people say that its so refreshing because gyms are called trials now
>>
>>31094356
Lots of people got the game or only had a chance to play during the holidays. I didn't have the cash, so my gf got it for me for christmas
>>
>>31093735
>SOS chains you can reliably max out a stat in 7~8 defeated pokémon.
The key word being reliably. The random factor of SOS battles ensures that it's a slower method of ev training than ever before.

As for the pelago its usefulness comes into question when it takes days to max out a mon and doesn't allow reliable fine tuning.
>>
Sun and Moon are funny casual jrpg with a lazier attitude then before.
/vp/ hate them because this place is becoming like /v/, having fun is forbidden by the turbo autists.
The game is primarily aimed for children, not for you.
I readed during these days so many misplaced ideas here suggested by anons clearly seeing themselves as the primary target.
You are not.
Granted, the games are not perfect, but they are good.
>>
>>31094409
>random factor.

There's very little "random factors" aossicated with SOS chains. You find a wild Yungoos, you use Adrenaline Orb, you send out the pokémon with power bracelet, and 7 Yungoos later it's attack is maxed out.

>takes days to max out a mon
It takes a day at best, assuming of course you dump some PokéBeans on the crate

>doesn't allow reliable fine tuning.
Yes It does. Maxedout Pélago provides 4 EVs for each play session. If you want a complex spread like I did with my Tapu Fini that had Evs distributed in 3 different stats, you just adjust the play sessions to the amount of EVs you want. Select 30 sessions, and you'll get 120 EVs on a stat, simple as that. And once again it's a passive method. I EV trained UBs and Tapus while fucking around completing the dex. Mighty convenient
>>
>>31093291
My sincerely biggest gripe is a lack of breeding loop and that I can't just hold a single direction on the d-pad.

My second is the removal of triples just as I was beginning to care about a competitive form of pokemon. :/
>>
File: 1482813624892.jpg (213KB, 487x573px) Image search: [Google]
1482813624892.jpg
213KB, 487x573px
>Introduce Hyper Training
>make BOTH levelling up to 100 and getting bottle caps(without exploits) extremely frustrating tasks

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>31094375
oh you really must hate the first 20 minutes of the game
>>
>>31094533
What exploits are there to make those things easy?
>>
>it's a SM boxart thread episode
>>
>>31094278
People post the sales figures all the time.
>>
>>31093889
We get it. You played it on your old 3ds and are now frustrated. Unfortunate. Been playing on my n3DS and never knew menu lag was a thing until I saw you guys complain about it.
>>
>>31094580
Buying the big dreams 2* shop at 20FC, claim a cap, switch to other facility, buy it back, repeat.
Personally I prefer fishing since grinding FC is even more tedious.
>>
Change is fine. The issue is a lot of the changes and additions are just bad and sometimes outright downgrades from the old stuff. There's some good, but it doesn't fully make up for it.

>>31094476
Seven Yungoos later, yes, but if the RNG hates you it's gonna take thirty turns and eleven SOS call animations before you fight seven, even with Adrenaline Orb. ORAS was much more consistent. Sweet Scent fucking worked, and if you use it in the right area you will get the Pokemon you want. Overall though I'd still say SOS is fine for lazy 252/252/4 spreads, though if you need something very specialized the lack of Super Training is a shame.
>>
>>31093902
No, S/M.
>>
>>31094085
I find this hilarious.
>>
>>31094731
Having played it on a N3DS, menus still have notably more lag than Gen VI going straight between a Gen VI game and SM, especially with touch screen controls. It is even worse on O3DS though.
>>
>>31093889
>>endless chains of encounters when all i want is to catch one fucking pokemon i mean come on what the fuck

This is IMHO grate mechanic to catch sthg you want! iVs and abilities. And If you have problem with using status moves to prevent summoning backup you're retarded.
>>
File: IMG_0524.jpg (21KB, 600x695px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0524.jpg
21KB, 600x695px
>>31093790
>pikmin distribution
>>
Honestly going back to X/Y it's startling that I overlooked how good the runup to the first and second gym was. On the other hand replaying S/M, the first hour or so really feels like a chore.
>>
>>31093902
Here's your reply
>>
>>31093291
But everyone loves Sun and Moon OP
>>
>>31095160
Not me.
>>
>>31095050
yeah but them you fight every gym leader in a row while fighting your 5, shitty rivals

Atleast Hau's fucking Raichu killed me 2 times
>>
top kek
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.