[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where's PRIMARINA?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_3994.jpg (173KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3994.jpg
173KB, 800x480px
Unfair
>>
>>31085125
saving the best until last op
Don't worry
>>
File: 1476483141696.png (60KB, 368x246px) Image search: [Google]
1476483141696.png
60KB, 368x246px
>>31085125
>Theme based around starters and their final evos
>Pikachu blatantly replaces one of them
>Pikachu being shoehorned into everything

When will this meme end
>>
File: 1217starterevosmerch[1].jpg (238KB, 480x674px) Image search: [Google]
1217starterevosmerch[1].jpg
238KB, 480x674px
>>31085214

It's just a cropped piece of official artwork
>>
>>31085125
It's on the second page, on the right.
>>
>>31085278
That's not cropped. They moved the characters around and chose to move Pikachu into focus instead of the 3rd starter.
>>
File: C0uc9HCXUAAUsL3.jpg (67KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
C0uc9HCXUAAUsL3.jpg
67KB, 400x480px
>>31085880
it still sucks that they didn't put her on the first page instead of Pikachu.
>>
File: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice .jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice .jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>Team Galactic Theme
>>
>>31085125
the theme with the basic stages is much nicer anyway so it's all cool
>>
File: 1360279570881.png (777KB, 1024x754px) Image search: [Google]
1360279570881.png
777KB, 1024x754px
>>31085214
1,000,000 times this.
>>
>>31086009
When they released the Galactic and Rocket themes, I figured that meant all the villain teams were getting themes but it never happened. Why did they get themes but none of the others? Annoyed the shit out of me, I wanted an Aqua one.
>>
>>31085214
The water starter is a flop marketing wise and the other two aren't. I don't see the big deal in dropping something is not working, same thing happened with Pili whirl and the dark fox
>>
>>31086192
Is Primarina really that unpopular? I thought it was more popular than Incineroar.
>>
>>31086234
Pretty certain only Decidueye is consistently well-liked (personally, it's okay, not any cooler than Sceptile). Incineroar is hated because not a quadruped, ugly and too niche in design (wrestling, Tiger Mask). Primarina is SJW bait.
>>
>>31086234
Incineroar is fucking huge in Japan especially from what I understand
>>
File: opening.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
opening.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>31086234

Typically speaking they give the Pokemon they want to promote the most to Ash.

They gave him Rowlet and Litten (not yet, but it will happen), and dumped Popplio on Lana.
>>
>>31086322
It's like they knew full-well that Primarina was going to cause a shitstorm but went with it anyways.

If only they could just give us 3 awesome starters instead of one awesome starter while shafting the other two into mediocre or shit.
>>
>>31086360
The last couple gens it almost feels like GF intentionally focuses on one starter to make as the favorite and doesn't really put as much effort into the other two.
>>
>>31086525
I know greninja was shilled a lot but I do feel like all 3 of the Gen 6 starters were on equal footing designwise.

This generation it feels like they put all their effort into Incineroar because they knew they were going to be shilling it, had some time for Decidueye, and then just threw Primarina together. And this is coming from someone who likes Decidueye more than Incineroar but you can really tell just from the ingame animations Incineroar had the most effort put into him.
>>
>>31086322
>Implying there was ever a chance the anime would give Ash the feminine starter
The last time that happened was chikorita, nearly 20 years ago. If anything primarina's only purpose for gamefreak is to be marketed to little girls...Yeah it's definitely getting shafted.
>>
File: litten[1].jpg (67KB, 780x582px) Image search: [Google]
litten[1].jpg
67KB, 780x582px
>>31086587
>This generation it feels like they put all their effort into Incineroar because they knew they were going to be shilling it,

Yeah, that's been obvious since it was first leaked.

>Fully evolved Incineroar
>Unevolved Rowlet and Popplio
>>
>>31086697
>>Fully evolved Incineroar
>>Unevolved Rowlet and Popplio
I think that just means that they're going to run into an Incineroar early on in the journey. They've often had fully evolved starters show up long before the main characters' starters evolve.

I'm sure that Ash will get an Incineroar down the line, but I don't think this specific one is his.
>>
>>31086587
I think its because Incineroar have more Human features tho.
Really its easier to give better looking animations to a humanoid Body, than anything else.
Also Primarina got the best looking Z-move.
If anything, this gen starters are fairly equal.

You just have to deal with the fact that Pokemon is more marketed toward the young boy audience, especially the anime.
>>
>>31086845
The fact that Pokemon is more marketed toward young boy audience is why it's baffling that Primarina exists in the first place
>>
>>31086234
>>31086269
From what i see, they all seems to be liked in Japan.
Rowlet really seems to outshine Decidueye tho.
>>
File: 241[1].jpg (93KB, 400x471px) Image search: [Google]
241[1].jpg
93KB, 400x471px
>>31086799

>This guy evolving

He's the "cute" starter for this gen, he won't be able to fit in Ash's backpack anymore if he evolves.
>>
>>31086903
Not really, it's just that, like in any shonen, girly/female character will never be more than a "Supporting actor".

That's especially true when you know how much Patriarchal Japan still is even in comparison of the Wester world
>>
>>31086903
Marketing to little girls in addition to boys guarantees a wider audience and more potential sales.

It's dumb but I understand since I'm a girl and I used to obsess over pretty/feminine pokemon when I was little.
>>
>>31087034
It's a shame, Ash using Primarina along side the other two would have been so good, but no way they were gonna do that i guess.
>>
>>31086322
One word: Pochama. Another one: Money.

LOTTTTSSSS OFFFF YENNNSSS MY MONGOLIAN NIGGA.
>>
>>31086975
I'm not putting much stake into him evolving, but it'd be super adorable to see a fully evolved Pokemon try to climb into a backpack to get comfy.
>>
>>31086914
Rowlet is easily the most popular of the SM starters, including all the mid/final evos.
>>
>>31087346
>including all the mid/final evos
>Dartrix
>popular
Torracat competes with it due to having the most 'safe' design, while brionne has more fanart(out of the mid-evos)
>>
>>31087497
No he's saying that Rowlet is more popular than any of the mid evos or final evos, not that the Rowlet line is the most popular in each stage.
>>
>>31085125
They should have put her alongside Rowlett in the first page instead of Pikachu. It triggers my autism
>>
File: wow im a fuckin idiot.png (538KB, 634x376px) Image search: [Google]
wow im a fuckin idiot.png
538KB, 634x376px
>>31085278
I hate round-headed Pikachu so much.
>>
>>31085125
Btw what is a good site to get custom themes?
>>
>>31086322
Dude it would make more sense if kukui were to catch litten. And this picture can't proov that ash would get litten. Cuz if you look closely you'll see that rockruff is standing next to ash and not next to kukui. So that means this pic can be easily justified.
>>
>>31089540
have you watched the anime at all?, Ash already had an episode with litten, he didn't catch it the same episode because they probably wanted to spice things up by not letting him have it right away, also Rockruff is Kukui's pokemon.
>>
>>31089604
I now that's kukui's rockruff. My point was it wasn't standing next to him. Even tho it's his. And I'm also saying that there might be a chance that kukui might get it And fight ash with it at the league. Now that would be awesome.
>>
And yes I meant kukui get litten.
>>
>>31085125
In the trash where he belongs
>>
>>31086360

You know Game Freak made a controversial Water Starter when they shove ANOTHER Water starter as an offer, a overhyped one to boot to go along with Primarina and make another Water/Fairy in the same game.

They knew what they were doing, even if Primarina's type combination is more solid than the other two.
>>
>>31086975
>Rowlet
>The cute starter

I wonder what that says about Popplio if it got shafted from that job.
>>
>>31085125
Even GF admits no one likes Primarrhea
>>
>>31085125
Anon, you should know by now that Primarina exists to be shafted. It's constantly getting shit on. It's painfully obvious that GF and all associated Nintendo media hate the fuck out of it.

>the most non-canon starter
>by far the least promotion of the three
>Ash gets both Litten and Rowlet while Popplio is given to a minor character
>isn't picked in the manga and likely ends up with a very minor character at best
There is literally no point where it will be given the same attention as the other two. Guarantee when the new ones get into Smash we'll get either Decidueye or Incineroar playable, with the other as a pokeball pokemon, and Primarina won't even be in the game.
>>
>>31093280
Of course it wouldn't be on smash, try thinking of one smash character without legs
I'll wait.
Assist trophy at best.
>>
>>31093393
It won't appear in the game at all. Popplio and it's line exists as the punching bag of Gen 7 to fill out the starters, simple as that. If GF doesn't like it then you should know that there's no hope.
>>
>>31093280

even in the anime, Popplio was being beaten by Skull grunts (for whatever the heck reason, that was absolutely fucking random and with barely any explanation) just to probably do the whole "despite bullying and all that it suffered, it becomes a beautiful hard-working mermaid through persistence and hard work, even though all Popplios become Primarinas" later down the line.

ahm calling it
>>
>it's an "I'm an expert on Japan" thread
>>
>>31093263

I have to admit, this one's clever even though I hate name calling.
>>
>>31093429
>implying Popplio will evolve
It won't be seen enough to even have a chance of evolving, as Lana is a secondary character who won't appear much herself.
>>
File: reaper.gif (1MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
reaper.gif
1MB, 360x270px
>>31093422
>>31093429
>Primarina is in the next smash
>But as a substitute for goldeen as a flailing mon that does nothing at all, but can actually be hit
>>
I had check some google search trend for the average interest on the final starters. In worldwide search decidueye> primarina> incineroar. In Japan (search according to their Japanese names) primarina > Decidueye > incineroar. Even though wrestling may be popular in Japan, it may not totally seem to be represented in incineroar's case.

Primarina also seemed to have the highest fan arts available
However, credit to baracat that it was once a favorite in refresh, currently just got taken over by decidueye
>>
>>31086234
Primarina is more loved than Incineroar in some communities but it's generally Decidueye>Incineroar>Primarina.
>>
>>31094344
Nope wrong the hate has stopped a little for popplio. The new popular chart is decidueye on top, primerina is very close second, and incineroar is dead last. If you don't believe me then just make a pole and see the results. The cat sucks.
>>
>>31094344
I've been seeing a lot of love for Primarina since it was revealed and polls on Twitter suggest people like it slightly more than Incineroar, at least here in the west.
>>
>>31090829
>>31093263
>reee feminine things trigger me
>>
>>31086645
>The last time that happened was chikorita
and kept it on bayleef, the signficantly more masculine pokemon in that evolution line
>>
File: IMG_3374.jpg (194KB, 615x886px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3374.jpg
194KB, 615x886px
>>31085125

She's the new face of the TCG. Can't have them all.
>>
>>31086845
>Also Primarina got the best looking Z-move.
wrong
it's too slow to look good
the start is good, but the end is slower than gen 4
meanwhile the other 2 are polished all around
>>
>>31096063
>implying Sinister Arrow Raid isn't way more boring than Oceanic Operetta
I'll give you that Incineroar has probably the best one all around, though
>>
>>31096082
>implying looking at an incredibly slowly moving orb for 5 seconds isn't more boring than Sinister Arrow Raid
>>
scroll fucker
>>
Hay did you the roomers when pokemon stars comes out they said that decidueye will be getting a new signature move called ghostly it makes decidueye ghostafide. This moves got plus two priorities They said that this move makes it were decidueye can't be hit for three turns. It's like a triple protect. And they also said that when stars will come out when ash's rowlet evolves into decidueye and gose up against kukui's incineroar.
>>
>>31096512
3. You will not post any of the following outside of /b/: off-topic replies, indecipherable text (example: "lol u tk him 2da bar|?")
>>
>>31096105
>implying the move that doesn't even look like a ghost move is better than based spirit bomb
>>
>>31096063
>>31096105
Why do people always bitch about Primarina's being too slow when all of the starters Z-moves are flashy and drawn out? Is it because we see the enemy pokemon more? Because it isn't like every Z-move isn't "Enemy stands there while your pokemon slowly attacks it." I mean what reason would the opponent have to just stand in that ring instead of just climbing out?
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.