[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literally post whatever negativityyou have over sun & moon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 20

File: SM_Prerelease_Mohn (1).png (378KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
SM_Prerelease_Mohn (1).png
378KB, 400x240px
it's alright if I don't agree with you or whatever so post whatever you wanna say
>pic related wished this "important" guy would've stayed gone instead of randomly meeting him, it kinda ruined the whole "my husband is gone" story for lusamine when he's literally RIGHT. THERE.
>>
Would've been a lot more effective if it was just >implied and they didn't use the exact same name in both places.
>>
Fuck the festival plaza
>>
File: Zoroak Angry Computer.jpg (37KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
Zoroak Angry Computer.jpg
37KB, 500x427px
>>31081995
This so fucking much.

>"Player, you're doing your best! Congratulations on reaching Rank 89. I'd like to introduce you to a new facility today! It's 1-star :^)"
>>
Literally no good grinding spots postgame outside of the E4 which is just a chore.

Hyper Training really should have been available once a mon reaches 50 instead of 100..
>>
>>31081870
>New Generation
>Company policy seems to be one step forward, two steps back
Also
>Everyone has just one pokemon
Why? What purpose does that serve?

It looks like they *attempted* to fix what I hated about GTS from Gen6, so I guess that's cool.
>>
>>31082118
they could have made it like Join Avenue but noo
>>
Much of the game was disappointing, but there are two main reasons why

>The level curve. I was at points 10 levels overleveled and had to avoid trainers
>The endless cutscenes full of shit. Much of the story could have been told with classic text. 30-45 mins ending was too much even for GF
>Bonus: Some of the new names are fucking horrible. If they'd made them one or two syllables shorter they might have sounded like pokemon names.

I don't know the /vp/ concensus, only just got back after finishing the game
>>
>>31082213
>can't level up the shops yourself
>getting higher level stuff is entirely dependent on luck and grinding enough FC by mindlessly playing some shitty minigame over and over
>>
>>31082164
>50 instead of 100
This should be a future balance change, jesus christ GF.

Level 50 is the standard for post-game stuff anyway, and the facilities usually balance out everyone to level 50 anyway.
The only conceivable reason for it being level 100 is maybe they programmed the math poorly and it needs to have the maximum potential stats in order to calculate the difference, or it's just their first idea of what they considered to be appropriate artificial scarcity.
Bottlecaps seem to be a pain enough already, that's fine.
>>
>>31082179
THIS. Fucking how am i supposed to immerse myself in a land where everyone has one fucking pokemon 5 levels under mine and every tourist has kanto mons with alola formes

GF fix level curves to follow the player's mons or some shit
>>
Festival plaza if only because wifi connectivity seems to be worse than gen 5, Also Guzma not being some goof who loved his grunts and instead being your normal asshole. Everything else was as expected. Hated 2 of the staters final evos as usual and enjoyed the rival character.
>>
>>31082236
>Some of the new names are fucking horrible. If they'd made them one or two syllables shorter they might have sounded like pokemon names.
Examples?
>>
>>31082306
Decidueye, Crabrawler and Crapominable, Lycanroc (if i pronounce it correctly), Wishiwashi is meh, Araquanid (mostly I think it's because of the way it looks), Turtonator, and I'll argue almost all the Uber Beasts but they don't really count as pokemon
>>
Brown people. Literally unplayable. I swear to god if they push this shit again I'm dropping the franchise.
>>
>>31081870
>there is no National Pokedex in the 20th anniversary game
I hate it, especially considering how awful is the Alola regional dex
>>
>>31081870
Agreed. Also
>SOS battles
>Lillie
>More forgettable grass types
>>
>>31082449
Just drop the franchise now.
>>
>>31082422
Eh, only name I think is bad is Incineroar. How would you change those names?
>>
>>31081870
THE FUCKING BATTLE TREE IS JUST THE BATTLE MAISON ALL OVER AGAIN WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>31082236
>The level curve. I was at points 10 levels overleveled and had to avoid trainers
Fucking how?
>>
>>31082449
>brown people
>in hawaii
could've waited for another gen with white people only, anon-kun
>>
>>31081870
Exclusive clothing colors.
>>
>>31082306
Not that guy, but Incineroar and Dewpider are fucking awful names. ESPECIALLY Dewpider.
Literally had Pantherno and Spidew staring them in the face and they didn't go for it.
>>
>>31082542
That's pretty bad too desu

I don't know exactly as I don't know the thought process, but if we take Crabrawler as an example; it's a crab that is a brawler. Literally both those words are in the name fully. Normally, they would stitch together or spin off related words - Electric Ball, Voltorb, you get the idea. You don't necessarily recognize the words straight away, but you will if you think for a second (at least for me, as English is my second language). Crabrawler's name would have been infinitely better if it had the last syllable, "er", taken away. Crabrawl, or even change either syllable so it would be like Crabrall, Krabrawl or some shit like that. I don't know man, I'm not a linguist or whatever. They just didn't seem very pokemon-y to me is what I'm trying to say.
>>
No fun postgame. We dont have one Since gen 5. Battle tree is a shitshow of rng that pretty much makes you run Mega Salamence, a tapu and an UB to get your reward, but Red and Blue arent even that worthy of going through. Royale, Doubles and Multi are a framerate mess.
>>
>>31082652
I agree with this guy - am that guy

>>31082581
No idea famalam, I turned off exp share after I realized I was getting ahead and all
>>
Wow...

These were... uh, these were bad. And I don't mean bad in the sense that they were poorly programmed and poorly programmed games, most of the mainline Pokemon games are, but they manage to still be extremely entertaining all the same. I mean that these were BAAAD, they were tedious, boring.

The cutscenes are a pain to get through. They wouldn't be so bad if the characters were likable, but... they're not. Hau is a non-character, he's boring, he doesn't do much and just gets in your way when you're trying to explore the region. The same with Lillie, she's annoying and I could not care less about what her problems are. I thought that after ORAS Gamefreak learned how to write decent characters, since they revisited an old game and improved characters such as Wally, the evil team leaders and your rival. But guess not, because all the characters in SM are just otaku bait or terrible (I guess Zinnia was a sign). Gladion is alright, I guess, he wasn't a rehash of Silver, which is what I was expecting, so that's good enough. I mean, I appreciate the effort. Game also continues the trend of Pokemon games that started somewhere around Gen 5 of you being the chosen one and some super special kid, instead of just some random talented trainer that got caught up int he middle of things.

Game was piss easy. I played with the Exp Share off and on Set and managed to finish the game with my party a good 5 to 10 levels above Kukui's. The supposed Hau battle with his A-Raichu that swept a lot of people? Yeah, I didn't see how it was hard. Menus and movement all seem slow compared to Gen 6. Don't get me started on EV training and breeding. Post-game is almost non-existent, even ORAS and XY had more of it.

One step forward, two steps back once again. My fault for having high expectations.
>>
>>31082306
I couldn't agree more. Some of the names seem unpolished like they're still in that early "brainstorming stage."
>>
>>31082652
Dewpider is bad, I agree.
I don't agree with Pantherno. Not a bad name, but it doesn't really fit, seeing as how Incineroar is a tiger. My main problem with Incineroar is that it doesn't reference its theme at all. It references that it's a fire cat, but nothing about the heel wrestler aspect of it.
I would've named it Tigrudo.
>>
>>31082260
>bottle caps are untradable
>distributed in events as key items that you redeem for x number of bottle caps

there, scarcity
there is literally no reason for yper training, in its current form, to exist at all

also Z-moves are step back from megas. A Z-move isn't going to make Meganium worth using, whereas a Mega might've. There's stupid shit in there, like Garchomp being repugnant and Mawile being obscene, but overall they buffed lots of shitmons that would never earn a teamspot other wise.

It would be fine if they gave some of these shitmons worthwhile alolan forms, but they couldn't be bothered to make alolan forms for more than 10 species lines, and only 3 of those ~10 are worth using at all. Ninetales, Marowak, and Muk being those

also when are we going to see a real buff to hail?
>Ice-type Pokemon using an Ice-type move in Hail have a +15% chance to freeze the target.

There, the weather is fixed. Literally the only thing they did this gen is make Hail marginally good since it needs to be up for Aurora Veil to work, which is a Ninetales buff, not a Hail buff
>>
>>31082824
>I don't agree with Pantherno. Not a bad name, but it doesn't really fit, seeing as how Incineroar is a tiger.
Tigers are in the genus Panthera.
>>
>>31082868
Fair enough. But even still, if the Pokemon has a distinct theme, I think the name should reflect it.
>>
>>31082449
But they're there for you to hate, anon, or else you wouldn't have a safe medium through which to channel your all white male rage. You'd unleash it all on a local community college or your family if it weren't for S/M's brown folk. D=
>>
File: dNIdtK.png (320KB, 934x733px) Image search: [Google]
dNIdtK.png
320KB, 934x733px
Still wish they did more with Silvally and Gladion. Colress too. They didn't have to go all "True final boss" with him, like everyone was speculating, but he should've at least been on the Type: Full Project.
>>
>>31082853
>buffing the freeze chance
The horror.
Just give the Ice types some extra attack or something during hail, or what would be funnier, make non-ice types have some decreased stat under hail.
>>
>>31082853
>>Ice-type Pokemon using an Ice-type move in Hail have a +15% chance to freeze the target.
No, Freeze is a broken status.
Raises evasion for Ice types
>>
I hope eclipse:

>Has less cutscenes
>Has more story (or just elaborates on the things they built here)
>Fixes the level curve
>Fixes the framerate
>Makes green clothing green
>Makes a worthwhile postgame

Knowing GF it's going to be literally the other way around though

Can't wait for gen 8 to be so bad we will miss gen 7

I can't make myself replay the game with a new team because I don't want to waste my time with all those fucking cutscenes - I really wanted a Mimikyu too.
>>
>>31082422
Holy shit, this is some awful taste.

Wishiwashi is a brilliant name for a Water-type that changes forms. Crabominable is perfect. All of the UB's have great names, with Guzzlord, Kartana, and Buzzwole being downright amazing.
>>
The SOS system is absolute garbage. Pokemon never stop spawning when you don't want them to, and they never spawn when you want them to. It's maddening.
>>
>>31082988
I couldn't decide with wishiwashi, it'¨s "clever" but it's still not really a pokemon name. The rest is wrong though, so there.
>>
>>31082924
But Colress isn't a bad guy anymore (arguably never was). It would completely cheapen the resolution of BW2 for him to revert to his old ways.
>>
>>31082975
>Freeze is a broken status
>When it can be undone by common moves like Scald
Whatever you say shitter.
>>
>>31081870
The games had almost no trainers. It felt like Team Skull or Aether Foundation had only half of the Grunts Team Rocket or Team Plasma had.
>>
>>31082853
Perhaps Z-moves were never meant to be as powerful or useful as a Mega, but just a fun gimmick that can liven up a battle without outright busting it.
>>
File: 1479264785722.png (371KB, 832x868px) Image search: [Google]
1479264785722.png
371KB, 832x868px
>>31081870
>Cut Scenes: the gen
>Festival Plaza
>Game exclusive clothing colors
>Much shittier customization in general which deserves it's own green text list altogether
>Alola forms both in concept and in execution
>Region diluted with Kanto mon
>Kanto pandering in general
>Practically everyone only having like one or two Pokemon
>SOS
>That stupid fucking sandcastle pokemon
>Many characters and/or Pokemon being overlooked who could've been included in the Hawaii based region called "sun and moon"
>Actually trolling us with mentions of some of those overlooked aspects that could've been in the game but weren't because fuck you.
>Vaporeon somehow getting center spot in an 8 mon eeveelution line up
>Having to deal with stupid ass trials to get to what would otherwise be fun Totem battles.
>Not having a Totem battle for ALL type based Z Stone.
>Stupid suit while riding pokemon that other characters and NPCs have shown that you obviously don't have to wear.
>Letting Megas stay but not making any new ones.
>Lag
>Shit post game with awful means to level other than facing the E4 over and over
>>
>>31083057
It can be undone by some Fire moves and Scald.

GUESS WHAT. Less than a quarter of all Pokemon have access to either of those things
>>
File: 1481326858874.jpg (59KB, 464x794px) Image search: [Google]
1481326858874.jpg
59KB, 464x794px
>cutscenes
if this is a major problem to you, you might as well drop the franchise now.

it won't end after SM, and i personally like the story approach to pokemon.

My only complaint is the lack of postgame areas to explore. It's pretty much just a fraction of Poni Island
>>
>>31083114
And most pokemon dont have things to undo sleep or paralysis or stealth rocks. Yet, they're still considered okay. Just carry a heal beal user. I bet you're secretly a dragonfag who doesnt want their precious type facing more counters. Ice types need the buff.
>>
>>31081995
I still don't know what it's purpose is. I just don't get it!
>>
>>31082853
>Gen 8
>Z-Moves are still in the game
>Z-Ring is post game
>Still need to collect Z-Crystals to use the move
>Z-Moves still a once per battle nuke
>Megas still can't Z-Move
>Your pokemon doesn't need to be holding a Z-Crystal to unleash it's Z-move

How does the meta change?
>
>>
>>31083125
There are plenty of way to build a story other than having 7 different mood-scenes before each line of text. If only the cutscenes relayed some form of information that could not be given by text - or speech - they would be much more welcome. Right now they are literally only there to increase the game's length imotbhfam
>>
>>31083088
>game exclusive clothing colors
What? You can just get the dye shop from someone in your plaza.

Make a fucking friend you loser.

Also
>this many autistic points
Really showing off your power level with the shit about Vaporeon, Pallosand, and the 'sun and moon' Pokemon.
>>
>>31082824
Why Dewpider is considered bad?
I love it because it sounds like Jupiter
>>
>>31082988
Guzzlord is an incredibly disappointing name.
It conveys the character of the Pokemon, but it just doesn't feel exciting or clever.
>>
>>31083139
I'm a guy calling you out for saying stupid shit.

Such as bringing up Rocks, when all it takes is one spin or defog to make them a non-issue for all Pokemon on your team.
>>
File: 1476160564899.png (153KB, 457x457px) Image search: [Google]
1476160564899.png
153KB, 457x457px
>>31083177
Yeah, how dare he talk about things he doesn't like in a thread about posting what you don't like in the game
>>
>>31082853
>A Z-move isn't going to make Meganium worth using, whereas a Mega might've
I have actually tried to think of what a Mega Meganium could be that isn't complete shit.
I mean, have you seen its movepool? It would be rubbish even with a 200 base stat boost and wonder guard.
>>
>>31083215
You're not doing a good job of calling me out because you just helped to further prove my point. If all it takes is one spin or defog, all it takes is one heal bell to make freeze a nonissue. Suck that OU meta cock some more if youre so afraid of change.
>>
>>31082506
I think they are patching one in when we get the Pokémon bank update
>>
>>31083177
>What? You can just get the dye shop from someone in your plaza.
And that makes it somehow good? Especially with FP being as shit as it is already?

>Really showing off your power level with the shit about Vaporeon, Pallosand, and the 'sun and moon' Pokemon.
The OP says to list whatever negativity.
>>
>>31083177
>goes to image board dedicated to a game
>complains about person having opinions about aspects of game
>???

Are you memeeing
>>
>>31082853
>Hail now removes ice types weakness to fighting and adds resistance to normal, dragon, fairy (because why not.. some environmental/nature being destroyed kind of explanation) and water. Water types are now weak to ice during hail.
Maybe decrease the odds of thawing during hail but not necessarily increase the chance to freeze.

There, fixed it :) a unique, new mechanic for ice types (glass cannons under normal conditions, power houses with defensive capabilities during extreme sub zero conditions).
>>
>>31083253
Now Heal Bell is a good point. Nice job. Much stronger argument than Scald and Fire-type moves.
>>
>>31083252
I'd believe a useful enough new ability can make any pokemon great! Add 100 base stat points complimenting its role et voila - potential uber!
>>
File: the problem with gen 7.png (399KB, 780x1300px) Image search: [Google]
the problem with gen 7.png
399KB, 780x1300px
/thread

Feel free to disagree. Won't makes your opinions any less wrong or your taste any less shit.
>>
>>31083339
yes
>>
>>31083252
Meganium movepool is not a problem if you make the Mega around it.
>Mega Meganium(Grass)
80/112/130/93/130/80
Petal Blizzard
Earthquake
Synthesis
Leech Seed/Sword Dance/HP
>>
>>31083252
Grass/Fairy with a support ability. Prankster, Magic Guard, Magic Bounce would be the easiest ones to guarantee something at least half decent, but more realistic ones would be something like Triage, or maybe an ability that lets it recover additional HP when it uses a Healing or Status move. Flower Veil would also work, since it would prevent it from being afflicted with status and all sorts of stupid shit.

If it got Friend Guard it would at least see use in Doubles and VGC. Natural Cure, Regenerator and Shield Dust are also all fine.
>>
>>31083448
But the R button doesn't work in the overworld anyway. In menus and the PC it wouldn't make sense for the R button to be used for scrolling and the L for selecting

the models for XYORAS differ from the SM ones so the assets would all need to be redone. They should've definitely remodeled them, but your image does not have that important distinction
>>
I hate bewear. The UBs getting 570 BST is ridiculous
>>
Male customization seems pretty limited.
>>
>>31083513
I agree! And that's "only" considering realistic/already existing option.
Gen 7 introduced new and unique abilities like dazzling, triage and corrosion.
Imagine something like instant trick/magic/wonder room on a mega meganium. Or a different version of regenerator that heals the next pokemon whenever meganium is switched out. Oh, the possibilities!
There are no hopeless mons.
>>
>>31082652
Is it Dew-Pie-Der or spoken like Jupiter Du-Pider?
>>
>>31081870
>SOS system
>Trials were basically just a waste of time
>Festival Plaza
>limited clothing
>no good place to grind
>Alolan forms
>no national dex

>I liked basically everything else, even the cutscenes
>>
>>31083822
Well it's Dew + Spider so I'd assume it's Dew-pie-der.
>>
>>31083055
I don't think he should be a bad guy in SM either. But it would have been cool if he was sharing some of his research and technology with Aether. It wouldn't even have to be for Lusamine's agenda or anything. Besides Colress seems like the kind of guy who'd love finding out more about UBs and ect. And the only reason he ever really did anything was FOR SCIENCE anyway so. He could have at least been chilling around Aether HQ a bit (not to mention the first time you see him is outside of one of the Aether bunkers out on the routes) Heck their aesthetics even match. Having Colress just wandering around Alola not doing anything was wasted potential af. I mean at least Grimsley gives you Sharkpedo.
>>
5 hours in and the tutorial is showing no signs of slowing. Fuck this.
>>
>>31083448
>game does not allow you to catch additional pokemon after becoming champ

Wait, so, you can't catch pokemon after becoming champ, or just nothing new is "unlocked"?
>>
>>31081870
A few of things:
1. Trying to catch a Pokémon that keeps SOSing with help appearing, SOSing again as soon as you knock out its help, rinse and repeat infinitely
2. Overworld Pokémon that come out and attack you every time you pass them, like Yungoos and Diglett. I wouldn't mind them if repels drove them off, but they don't, so they're just a guaranteed time-waster everytime you need to pass through the area.
3. Pic related
>>
I just reached the observatory and I'll say my problems so far
>not enough pokemon diversity, why the fuck am I still fighting wingulls and raticates
>way too many dark types, I've had a haunter the whole game and can barely send it out
>pokemon Base stats and levels seem all over the place. You get Tsareena at level 30 and it's pretty broken at that stage, yet formantis evolves at level 35 and is by far inferior.
>too many cutscenes, game could be harder too
>>
>>31081870
festival plaza is garbage
>>
>No National Dex
>Only ~300/802 available Pokemon
>New fishing sucks because overabundance of Magikarp
>Gen V EXP system (higher level = less EXP) with no high-level Wild Pokémon
>Forced Tapu Koko encounter ater E4 with no chance to prepare for a Legendary capture after E4
>Version exclusive clothing
>Festival Plaza and it's stream of one-star facilities and idiots sharing said one-star facilities
>>
>>31084970
Eyup.

This time around, I'm actually praying for patches and free DLC.
>>
>>31084822
Pelipper was pretty bad, but what still gets me is that it's been 20 fucking years and they're still filling every single cave with Zubat and Golbat. I'm so tired of fighting those things.
I wish they'd scrapped a few shitty Pokémon like Togedemaru and Komala and made a brand new family of bat Pokémon, like tropical fruit bats or something. Anything but more Zubat and Golbat.
>>
Fuck tying Hidden Abilities to SOS chaining. That shit sucks ass and takes too much time.
>>
>>31082449
meh, its hawaii. i dont like the nigresses there, but i really dont care. they couldve at least made the mother the same skin colour.
>>
SOS Chains are broken beyond 255 and reset to no improvement for shiny/hidden ability.
>>
>>31083366
Honestly all hail really needs to do is up the defense or sp. def of ice types like sandstorm does for rock types and I think it'd be good.
>>
If I can chain Bonsly for half an hour with Sudowoodo showing up, your game is broken.
>>
>>31085611
I meant to say without.
>>
>>31083055
He never really was a bad guy, as >>31084242 Said. Really, the worst thing the Aether foundation did all had to do with Lusamine, and that was after she got infused with Nihilego toxins. Colress studying up on extremely powerful poiekmon from another dimension as well as making a pokemon to combat those pokemon seems right up his ally. The only possible extension would be him making a Mega stone.

Really, it would have been fucking amazing if he was there when the player storms the base, and when Lusamine leaves for Ultra Space, he sends everyone to go around the region to help take care of the Ultra Beasts. "Hau, go help your grandfather, Gladion, take BK-01 to UlaUla and show us why we made that pokemon, I'm gonna head off to Akala and ask Kiawe ifhe has any spare Marowak." And then you go and take care of Poni island with Lillie.
>>
>Having to wait til next year for the Bank to be patched in

We still have no confirmed release date for when we'll be able to bring our banked Pokemon in. I was hoping for early January; now I'm not so sure.
>>
The worst part of the Festival Plaza is how you look for the exclusive clothes on other people, you find them, and they offer their crew socks for order.
>>
>>31082422
I thought that too, they went full stupid on the names this time around. Decidueye? God that's gonna be cringe to hear in the fucking dub.
>>
>>31086338
When has the Pokemon dub not been cringe-worthy since Battle Frontier started?
>>
File: 1479184611892.png (325KB, 480x716px) Image search: [Google]
1479184611892.png
325KB, 480x716px
>>31081870
SOS chaining is a garbage fucking mechanic. I appreciate the fact that they boosted the EV items making it insanely easy to EV train mons, but Horde battles were literally the same thing, but actually executed ten times better. There's also the fact that certain mons are hidden behind the SOS mechanic, and many of them are insanely rare for no particular reason. Don't even get me fucking started on the asinine Hidden Abilities. If I'm able to fucking find a SHINY before I find a Pokemon with the actual HA I want, you have an a problem

SOS mechanic is really my most major complaint, but if I were to go through a lot of the nitpicky stuff

>E4 and every challenger outside of Kukui don't have 6 Pokemon for absolutely no reason
>Mega Evolutions completely shafted for no reason when they didn't intrude upon the Z-Power mechanic at all given that no new Mega evolutions were made
>Fucking gang of hoodlums don't have access to the LITERAL HOODLUM POKEMON (Scrafty) because whoever made this regional dex decided fucking Mankey and Fearow were so goddamn important
>Pelipper, Magikarp, and Yungoos on TOO MANY ROUTES making searching for wild Pokemon a chore
>Level cap for wild Pokemon is set at 59, level cap for E4 is 63~65, and have to grind the atrocious Festival plaza to insane levels to even get the level boosting dinner. Too much grind in geneal
>Fucking Pelago takes too damn long for no reason. It's still half a damn day even when you use berries, why not have the rarer berries actually speed up the process, not just have it last longer you stupid morons?
>Lusamine's "Totem" Milotic raises its attack instead of its Sp.Def or something. Shoulda have switched it with Bewear
>The shafting that the trial captains got with most of their battles being insanely easy to miss, and the others either being random occurrences during title defenses and one that's literally only battled twice (once for storyline and then again randomly at Poni Island and then never again)
>>
>>31083448
>it's the most linear pokemon game yet

kek

t. never played gen 3-6
>>
>>31086750
It's a shame that you hate SOS, it's good for certain things.

In the future, I don't see an excuse why SOS and Hordes can't both coexist. They serve separate purposes, they are initiated by separate means. They don't really overlap in any bad way.
>>
>>31081870
>post game
battle tree was a good concept but like always a wasted opportunity. Should have included more champs/rivals/team leaders from the past. Won't even beg for a battle frontier because I know it's basically just wasting air since we won't ever get one again but fuck at least give us a battle factory.
>leveling
no real grinding spots which kind of sucks

Otherwise pretty damn good games, after the mess that was gen6 this decent games are more than welcome.
>>
>>31086750
>E4 and every challenger outside of Kukui don't have 6 Pokemon for absolutely no reason
This should be inexcusable. Someone at GF probably thinks that it's to balance the game for children, but it's still a terrible idea.

>Mega Evolutions completely shafted for no reason when they didn't intrude upon the Z-Power mechanic at all given that no new Mega evolutions were made
I'm willing to chalk this up to maybe two things: GF seems to always make the first games in a generation intentionally worse and more primitive than previous games,
...and I think it might be something where they want to make sure that the new Z-Moves are properly showcased before letting you use the old Megas in post-game. I don't think it's the worst thing in the world, it seems like the same philosophy behind BW having only new pokemon until post-game, which I respected as a decision.

>Fucking gang of hoodlums don't have access to the LITERAL HOODLUM POKEMON (Scrafty) because whoever made this regional dex decided fucking Mankey and Fearow were so goddamn important
This is definitely Gen1 pandering. The Alola dex is pretty shitty with it.

>Level cap for wild Pokemon is set at 59, level cap for E4 is 63~65, and have to grind the atrocious Festival plaza to insane levels to even get the level boosting dinner. Too much grind in general
How are the restaurants? Aren't they supposed to be good for grinding, or are they gimped this gen?
>>
>>31084970
>Forced Tapu Koko encounter ater E4 with no chance to prepare for a Legendary capture after E4

You can knock it out the first time and it will appear again
>>
>>31087350
>This should be inexcusable. Someone at GF probably thinks that it's to balance the game for children, but it's still a terrible idea.
Because it's boring. But the solution should be to make battles more fast-paced.
>>
>>31082164
The area outside the Battle Tree is ok for grinding. But yeah, they needed something more like the restaurants in X/Y.
>>
>>31087350
The restaurant is even worse because it's also a day by day event and I believe the level cap there is like 55 and all of the trainers have only one mon. You also HAVE to OHKO the mons in order to get the maximum ten full turns. It's just fucking stupid
>>
>>31087439
I'm just waiting for another multi leveled battle dungeon where you could fight strong trainers gain xp, like White Tree Hollow and Black Tower in BW2. Why can't we have those again.
>>
>>31081870
My biggest gripe is the Pokédex. It just feels like there are so many lingering evolutionary lines, like Komala, Bruxish, and Minior. I know the XY 'dex is about the same size, but it feels like every evolutionary line there, with the sole exception of Carbink, is sufficiently fleshed out.

The story also feels as flimsy as that in XY. I think the biggest problem is that we're very suddenly thrust into the notion that Aether is evil, so it's a little jarring that Lusamine is suddenly batshit-crazy. If we had even been hinted beforehand that Nihilego was the cause of her insanity, I think it would've smoothed things over. I actually think that Team Skull was overall quite fleshed out, especially with their base in Po Town, bit I feel their connection to Aether was likewise dropped hastily on the player.
>>
>>31081870
God damn why is 1/4 of the dex not available before postgame

Not to mention it's one of the shittiest ways to get Pokémon in the series, with one of the worst/slowest "in game" Pokémon
>>
>>31082449
Drop the game, anon. By that I mean kill yourself.
>>
File: Calem clothes.png (423KB, 400x840px) Image search: [Google]
Calem clothes.png
423KB, 400x840px
What's with customs in this game? On one hand you have a ton of color choices, but on the other hand, actually getting the colors you want is a bitch, and the actual clothes themselves suck. You know there's a problem when even Calem of all people can pull off more looks than the SM girl.
>>
>>31081870
No move tutors
>>
>>31087125
Name one good thing about the SOS system that couldn't be done better by literally anything else.
>>
>>31087826
>Rare pokemon with a shitty encounter rate
>Want to be able to efficiently breed it, and maybe it's gender ratio is shitty
>You don't have to keep hunting new encounters of the mon, you just need to grind SOS encounters until one you like shows up

>inb4 ditto

Unless you're going to say "Dexnav," SOS battles are perfectly fine, granted this is only if we can have Horde battles back too.
>>
>>31087925
I was going to say Dexnav, actually. Gamefreak already created a relatively user-friendly method so it's baffling to me why they chose to use this figurative middle finger for this gen.
>>
>>31088695
I'll chalk this up to a trend where Gamefreak has to make the first games in a new gen shittier than the most recent games in the previous gen.

Thanks, GF.
>>
File: XY_Looker.png (89KB, 162x428px) Image search: [Google]
XY_Looker.png
89KB, 162x428px
>Who needs several post game battle facilities that provide the only in game challenge, when you can have me come in, be incompetent borderline slapstick chucklefuck and provide an extra hour of gameplay at best and watch me be shoehorned into everyones backstory. Oh and I don't even have a pokemon anymore. Also heres my new partner from another universe because GF wrote them selves into a corner back in gen 4 regarding the lore and have to reach into terrible story telling cliche bag to bail themelves out.
>>
>>31081870
The insane slowness of the UI and cutscenes is grating and I never really got used to having MENU LAG. I have no idea why if I look at a pokemon's stats, I have to wait 5 seconds to go back into my item bag to look at the items. It's insane. Contemplated getting a N3DS but I've heard it isn't much better. Frame drops for shit like riding through a town on Tauros are inexcusable. If this was the cost of full-size models, fuck it. I'd rather take fast midgets than slow lankers, especially with the garbage walking animation. As soon as I walked out of my house I burst out laughing.

The models were also pointless because I'm wearing a tracksuit for 90% of the game. Why even have customization at all? I almost feel it's awkward to get a sudden challenge from a trial captain and BAM, right there in the tracksuit.

FIshing is also a total chore. You only really get anything non-magikarp out of a bubble spot. So you have to reload the area every time you fish. Which is slow because the optimization is shit. Then the mon you want only has a 10% encounter rate, but it's really more like 5% because you'll get about 8 duds and big pearls before finding a magikarp, and having to reload the sector again. I have no idea what GF's obsession with magikarp is.

The wild mon selection really petered out around the 3rd island or so. It was jarring to land on an island, catch a mon, and discover I'd already found 30-40% of that island's dex due to catching stuff on previous islands. Once you hit Memorial Hill the routes eventually become "80% Wingull and Raticate" wild grass. Wingull is basically the wild grass version of magikarp. I have no idea why it was shoved into every route.

More disappointment than complaint, but I would've loved to fight one of the UBs in Ultra Space, or in a Trainer Battle. I would've loved to see Guzma with either of the Bug UBs, particularly if he did the opposite version UB so you can get it in your dex.
>>
File: 1470189084474.gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1470189084474.gif
1MB, 500x280px
new anime sucks ass
>>
File: 1462976416698.gif (747KB, 408x172px) Image search: [Google]
1462976416698.gif
747KB, 408x172px
>>31081870
We should have fought Fused-Lusamine itself, and not random pokemon she uses.

I don't care if she was a non-catchable that you could fight. It would be an actual boss fight. Plus it hapenned before in gen 5 cinemas, tons of uncatchable boss fights there.
>>
I was perfectly fine with cutscenes.
I was perfectly fine with tutorials.
I was perfectly fine with difficulty.
I was perfectly fine with SOS battles.
I was perfectly fine with the story.

What I can't stand, however, are the goddamned painted doors you find just everywhere in the game. Buildings you can't enter.

But the worst were the transitions when changing zone. In each of the previous games the overworld was just like one big map progressively loading as you walked that felt really open. Now when you walk in a city, you have a transition, when you open a damn barrier in ekaeka, the screen fades to black, when you climb a ladder the screen fades to black.
You can't manually surf to others islands, which I loved doing in Johto and Hoenn, there was a boat you could fight people, talk to them, explore, explore the limits, etc... There's nothing to explore. I don't even know why they still let you warp using the boats when you can just use Charizard, there's no incentive to keep them.

They could have done so much more with the story, with all the lore, all the ideas, yet you end up with an overhyped game with a lower than average game play time with access to content locked to a fraction of what's on the cartridge for no good reason.

I'm perfectly fine with them trying new things, but not when they take out old things.

I WANT GODDAMN 6VS6 SINGLES
>>
>>31089675
Better than x/y generic ass at least
>>
>>31084661
I'm wondering this too.
>>
>>31084661
>>31089797
What the fuck? The UBs are only captured after becoming champ. You can catch Koko in the credits!
>>
since basically everything i hate has been already said i'll just say something not S/M related
pokemon origins was horrible
>>
>>31084661
>>31089797
It means no new Pokemon are "unlocked," which in reality is not entirely true. The legendary pokemon are post game obviously, but other than that, there's Riolu. Can't think of another one off the top of my head.
>>
Cutscene after cutscene could have been cut down on the first island. It really slowed the progression.
>>
>>31089851
Dratini too.
>>
>>31081995
>>31082164
>>31082625
>>31083035
>>31084822

what all of these guys said.
>>
>>31083448
Wow, for someone so smug there are a few things wrong with this list

I think the most hand holding game was the original BW. Hell you're forced to take the first step while literally holding your friends' hands. Also it's also probably the most linear because there is literally only one direction to go and a cutscene plays out for every gym and new route.
>>
>>31087807
oh you got me fucked up, really?
>>
The almost total lack of 3D in the game. It's only in Poké Finder, and even then, you can tell the frame rate is taking a hit even on a New 3DS. The performance isn't totally great in battles featuring more than two Pokémon either.

The Poké Finder needing 1.5 million thumbs-ups just to get Ver. 5. The real reward is the stamp on the passport for completionists, but it's such a grind to get there and the actual upgrade to the Poké Finder feels like a waste because there's no more need to use it. The pictures you save are artifacted to hell and back, and not even 3D. You should be saving actual 3D screenshots. The chance of finding Pokémon like Dugtrio and Politoed is so low with no way to influence them appearing that they might as well not even be there. You can't save high scores for specific Pokémon or compare them to the high scores of other players.

All the major communication features should not be locked behind Festival Plaza. You should be allowed to keep the facilities given to you instead of having to lose others just to get different ones. What's the point of having a single dye shop? And finding players to get FCs from is a chore because of how slowly they pop in. It's really easy to run right by someone you need to talk to because they won't load, exit, and see that there's still someone you should talk to. O-Powers should have been part of Festival Plaza somewhere along with anything that Join Avenue did better. Also add features like Wi-Fi Plaza, the Entralink, and Funfest to add a feeling of real-time player interaction. Festival Plaza should exist as an entirely optional bonus area for miscellaneous multiplayer features that can help the player in some way.

Also, I recently reached 5000 FCs, and I'm only getting half of what I should be now. What happened?
>>
>>31083088
>That stupid fucking sandcastle pokemon

Fuck you, Palossand is great.
>>
There is literally nothing left to do after completing the Pokedex sides Hax Tree. Do you get anything out of doing Battle Spot, cause I always found it pointless.
>>
>>31081870

-They got rid of super training and that basically removed any interest I had in participating in post game. It was amazing having so much direct, manual, control over the growth and distribution of my Pokemons EVS.

-The customization is still really lacking and one-sided: NPC's can still wear all sorts of interesting and wacky anime clothes, but you the PC are still restricted to normie attire. Boys only have like 4-5 hairstyles and there's no crossdressing, even going so far as to make odd clothing restrictions- why can't boys wear chicken hats?
In an ideal world a PC would be able to wear ANYTHING they've seen an npc trainer class wear- this should also extend to hairstyles.

-Fuck Festival plaza.

-There's no National Dex and once you complete the elite 4 and become champion: there are no additional pokemon to catch.

-There is no Safari zone, Friend Safari, or anything similar to that. I thought FOR SURE that, that Fossil Reviver guy was going to be this regions "safari zone" equiviliant and that his Fossil Pokemon Park would be finished by the time I was champion allowing me to catch exotic pokemon.
Imagine my disappointment when he amounts to nothing.

-The final island feels like it was done last minute: a lot of NPC's dialogue doesn't update (Hapu's grandmother's text doesn't change ever; she keeps telling you to go follow Hapu into the ruins even when Hapu is literally in the living room) and Mina literally doesn't even have a trial prepared- you don't even fight her 'till post game.
Nanu also kind of suffers the same lack of exposure and really the islands feel progressively less "worked"- with the very first island feeling like it has the most shine/polish.

-For that matter: The personal quests done with/for the Trial captains never amount to anything or have satisfying endings. We never actually get a "full strength" rematch with most of them. I would have LOVED to see more Ilima: full strength Ilima, Ilima dates, 5 more Ilima dates.
>>
>the Pikachu z crystal is given in the same town the Thunderstone can be bought in
>the person is also 5 steps from an Eviolite
>it also requires Volt Tackle
>zero point to use that Z move instead of a Light Ball or a Thunderstone
>>
>evolving legendaries in general
>wingull and yungoos lines have a 30% encounter rate in 19+ locations
>trials are a very poor replacement for gyms. Just run to this point, run to this other point, and fight one pokemon that might call another one if you dont just 1shot it
>>
Why the fuck is everything new in alola slow? Outside of UBs there might be like 4 pokemon with 90+ Speed.
>>
Battle Tower reskins are a very lackluster postgame. It's also horseshit how trainers there get to use pokemon you cant get access to, like megas you cant get the megastone to and Shell Smash Kommo-o

Every new shiny hunting method gen 6 had is gone. If you want to hunt them, you're spinning on a bull or SOS chaining. SOS chaining is also straight up broken in this aspect. The second you hit 256 encounters, the shiny rate resets, along with the increased IVs and HA rate.

The game feels unfinished. The golf course is on the map, but inaccessable. The volcano feels like it was missing a lot of things, and a lot of Z-crystals are just thrown into areas just because

No Bank compatibility yet, and when it comes out it's almost certain they wont update it to allow items, so chances are half the megastones are going to be arbitrarily walled off until the next game, despite them working perfectly fine if hacked in

hahahaha the fishing
>>
>>31083252
A lot of Pokémon got a slew of new moves when they got a Mega.

Heracross didn't learn Arm Thrust, Bullet Seed or Rock Blast until Gen VI.
>>
>>31090732
So no different from prrevious games. Nice post
>>
>>31093128
Point 2 is just your autism, every "method" is just fucking random encounters and nothing changed about that.
>>
>>31082982
>I want less story! Cutscenes are story, or at least showing mechanics to new players.
>I want more cutscenes! Literally how gamefreak intends to tell the majority of story elements from now on.

You're a retard.
>>
>>31082262
>Wild Pokemon are level 32-35
>Trainer has two level 33 Pokemon
Do you really expect me to believe they are seriously okay out here with just that?

I'll offer a suggestion, however. It COULD just be that those two Pokemon are the only ones that trainer is willing to risk in a fight. They, theoretically, could have a full team they are relying on that they don't want to faint in a fight and leave them stranded. Just a thought.
>>
>>31082853
Z-Moves (That aren't unique ones with OP secondary effects) don't buff Pokemon directly (Even if Porygon-Z begs to differ), they are basically a one-time bazooka for a team. They change the flow of a battle (away from stall, ironically), but don't really interract on the single pokemon level.
>>
>>31089428
>extra hour

you're being too nice
>>
>>31082236
You played with Exp All on.

I set it off the moment I got it and all my Pokemon were around level 45 when I got to the league.

I had a hard time with some Totem and it's the first game ever I have used Max Revive in battle.
>>
>>31093365
He said the opposite, more story and less cutscenes, which is entirely achievable when your game stops dragging its feet and wastes the player's time with cutscenes that achieve nothing, or when story is told through action, visuals, and sound design rather than splicing a movie into a game.
>>
>>31081870
Every one I can think of, roughly in order of big deal to not a big deal.
>no good places to grind for XP
>no use of mega pokemon, no new megas
>no noticeable improvements on battle engine since XY
>Z moves in general
>story is entirely based around an NPC
>shit trash encounter rates
>lvl 100 for hyper training when everything else requires lvl 50 at the highest
>festival plaza when the PSS was possibly the best way of handling online to date
>no way to skip or speed up cutscenes
>rotom dex constantly quipping (would be a positive thing if it wasn't all the fucking time)
>4 GB download size
>unenterable doors without even an "it's locked"
>E4 never has full teams
>only allowed 1 of each apricorn ball ever
>endless SOS spawning when you aren't even trying to chain
>different clothes for ride mode
>jump in levels between poni gauntlet and the Red/Green battle
My biggest gripe is most of these are such small code changes that they could be fixed by a romhack.
>>
>>31082710
I played with it off and I got ahead on the second island briefly, there's no way you had it on for more than half the game. With it off you start getting completely outleveled after the third island. I was a consistent 5 levels behind from the aether foundation raid bit straight on to the end and I had a team of just 6 and spent lots of time combing through areas for items and catching every pokemon around, backtracking for ones I saw on trainers, and battling every trainer. PLUS the affection buff to exp gain.

You didn't get 10 levels ahead unless you played with exp share for at least 75% of the game, grinded excessively, or had like three pokemon total.
>>
There should be no level restriction in Hyper training
It's nearly impossible to get Pokemon lvl 100
>>
>>31093365
You have got to be joking, that shit makes no sense
>>
>>31081995
Why couldn't we just have the PSS system return?
>>
Silvally's movepool is complete shit. No priority, no healing move, the only good thing it gets is parting shot.

Primarina's liquid voice doesnt make any sense. It's like they took pixilate and removed the boost. It already gets better water moves so what's the point?

Incineroar is just shofu's fursona.

Midnight Lycanroc is fucking pointless despite looking better than the other form. It doesn't get its species exclusive move, and the one it can do is meh. No guard stone edge just seems lame compared to accelerock.

Toxapex is annoying. Half of the Pokemon in the game are begging for either recovery or regenerator and this piece of shit gets both. It's like game freak made this just to make the game less fun.

Mudsdale is just a crappy Hippowdon without slack off. Stamina just doesn't make it unique enough.

Araquanid is dissappointing as fuck. It has a great ability, a great move with low availability, good special defence, but its all ruined by it having no attack. Even with water bubble the only move worth a damn on it is liquidation, but even then its mediocre since base 70 attack holds it back too much.

Lurantis is just bad Serperior. They had a cool design but they shit the bed on stats and movepool.

Salandit has no male evolution. Corrosion doesn't apply to attacking moves.

Golisopod has the same trash ability as Wimpod. You would think that they went through the effort of turning wimpod into a strong Pokemon they could give it a fitting ability instead of renamed wimp out.

Komala's ability is jank as fuck. It doesn't actually put the Pokemon to sleep. It just says its asleep and lets it use sleep talk. The fact that it doesn't get an evolution is dumb too.

Kommo-o has no good fighting moves. I would have been happy with aura sphere so special sets don't feel like hot garbage when you have to use focus blast. Sky uppercut being the best physical fighting move it gets is worthless.
>>
From what I've read:
*Unskippable-for-no-reason cutscenes.
*High poly models which kills the framerate for 2DS/o3DS.
*A lot of locked places and could-be features that were potentially removed in favour of Stars/Eclipse.
*Hau.
*Red's new design.
*The totally missed opportunity to bring previous Main Characters hairstyles and clothes.
*I don't know if it ended being truth or not, but I've heard that around half of the Mega Evolutions/Stones are unobtainable.
*Rotom is unobtainable when its new form plays a role in the game.
*The 3DS Era is pretty much over and GF still didn't used its full potential to give us a 2/3 regions game.
>>
>>31094038
>Red's new design.
I thought this was fairly well received.
>>
>>31094038
>*Rotom is unobtainable when its new form plays a role in the game.
This is a broader problem, the Alola dex is just baffling and stupid and dull of missed opportunities.
>>
>>31093903
Just to play devil's advocate, I really don't think you're giving a lot of these enough credit. They're bad, but not any worse than most of what we get.
>Silvally
>Swords Dance
>Iron Head
>Crunch
>X-Scissor
>Explosion
There are much worse movepools out there, especially since Multi-Attack theoretically lets it hit anything.

>Toxapex
I don't see how "It's good" is a complaint.

>Araquanid
Niche in doubles rain teams. Can one-shot almost anything with a Z move.

>Lurantis
Solar Blade puts it in a position that no other pokemon quite fits, which is more than a lot of 'mons can say. It's shit, but it isn't a lot like Serperior.

>Golisopod
Emergency exit isn't strictly negative (see: Slow Start, Defeatist). It isn't stellar, but it has uses, especially combined with First Impression

>Komala
A gimmick pokemon has a janky ability. Sounds about right.
>>
>>31094127
My main issue with Red was that in order to keep him voiceless, they made him an antisocial turboautist who has to be walked by Blue.
>>
>>31081870
I'm tired of watching Lillie. I'm 9 hours into my second file and I can't play for over 20 minutes before needing a rest.
>>
>>31082625
this so much.
>>
>>31082236
If you have a 6 team from the very start or let's say 4 team on the first island and 6 on the second there's is no fucking way you're overlevel'd at the end with EXP share off. Even with all trainers fought and some grinding. Stop fucking playing with EXP share people ffs.
>>
>>31095028
Why in the world would you ever have 4 team members on the first island
>>
>>31083642
Also this, males dont even get as much as females, which I find to be really bullshit
>>
>>31082449
>Hawaii having too many dark people
Also Some darkies play Pokémon and I think gf is trying to make the nigger population match the place it's based on (though they messed up with the lack of real world balance for Unova)
>>
>>31083448
>This faggot again
>>
>>31082236
>had to avoid trainers
It's like you hate money
>>
>>31087125
just think of it
>horde appears
>you kill them off
>last mon SOS's another fucking 4 pokemon in
>>
>>31085611
I had a friend chain eevees for a wild umbreon for so long that an espeon appeared
>>
The game had so many cutscenes but that only made MC look like a soulless faggot who never changed expression.

Also fuck anime-like dialogue.
>>
>>31092936
its cute
>>
>>31095053
Some of my friends did. I did on my 2nd run on moon. But on my first run I had 3 on the first and 4 on the second all the way up to poni island and I was never overleveld. All I want to say is that yeah sure SM has its faults. But the leveling curve is not one of them. Play with EXP share on and obviously you'll overlevel. Play with it off and you'll not be. You can also play with it on and off like some people like to do to only just stay on equal lvl.
>>
>>31083448
>O-Powers are removed

WHAT
THE
FUCK
>>
>>31095355
Tell me honestly, did you use them, besides Hatching (Tauros is faster that Hatching Lv3) and maybe Capturing?
>>
>>31095135
>The game had so many cutscenes but that only made MC look like a soulless faggot who never changed expression.
The game is improved infinitely if you wear sunglasses, because your character looks like a smug asshole who doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>31094127
In the end the design is fine, it's just personal taste. I mean, I never completely liked his FR/LG design either, I'm an absolute fan of his R/B/Y design, so yeah..
>>
>>31095386
Of course I used them.

Befriending power for when I was breeding togepi and other happiness evolutions.
Prize money power for when I did restaurants so I could buy everything I wanted.
Bargain power so I could spend the money I made earlier with prize money power. And obviously the godlike hatching, exp. point and capture powers.
>>
>>31082262

To be fair tourists have regular formes of Kanto mons. One of the things actually done right.
>>
>>31083448
>Emergency Exit is bad
>Emergency Exit is just renamed Wimp Out

Fucking kill yourself faggot
>>
>>31095736
Yes but do they all have to have exactly them? I liked it the first few times, then it was like - oh, another tourist, is it going to be another fucking sandshrew this time?
>>
>>31091250
>there are no additional pokemon to catch.
What are scan mons? What are UB?
>>
File: 1434737627348.jpg (618KB, 1201x884px) Image search: [Google]
1434737627348.jpg
618KB, 1201x884px
Battle Tree

Battle Tree

BATTLE

TREE
>>
>>31095092

>Go to Kalos

>no one runs you over with rhyhorn shouting "Arceus Ackbar"
>>
File: 250px-182Bellossom.png (58KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-182Bellossom.png
58KB, 250x250px
>>31083088

>festival plaza

I thought it was cute at first

but why the fuck is bellosom not in this game

Seriously look at this shit, how is this not in here

how
>>
>>31083448

>Barely any cities

>in hawaii

>barely any large open areas

>in hawaii

my biggest issue is where the fuck is bellosoom
>>
File: 1481139976910.jpg (159KB, 520x463px) Image search: [Google]
1481139976910.jpg
159KB, 520x463px
>>31082449
>dropping a game because it had non-white people in it
You don't want to play HL2?
>>
>>31081870

>Exclusive clothing colors
>Mohn (Lusamine's Husband) being PokePelago
They could've reunited them at the end of the story or something
>Lack of post game content compared to other games
>Too Many Cutscenes
There were nice but they need to be toned down
>Not enough alolan forms imo
They could've done some from more generations. Really cool concept barely even used
>Ultra Beast somewhat irrelevant
Would have been nice post game content if they expanded on them more
>Not adding more Pokemon into grass

So much missed potetial.... Here is hoping to DLC for a extra island or four...

Sun in Moon is a good game but it's far from the best and in time may be considered the worse out of the series IMO. I bet the third game (assuming there will be ) will address many of these problems.
>>
>>31096140
yeah I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head

The reason alola is such a boring region is simply because it's based off hawaii
>>
>>31096183

it bugs me you can't surf

or habe a trial based around surfing

wasn't it a ritualistic thing in hawaii?
>>
>>31096172
adding onto my list, no bellosom in fucking hawaii
>>
>>31081995
>you need to connecto to the internet and synchronize your game every fucking time you want to check GPS
>or you can stay in the plaza doing nothing at all instead of playing the game
FUCK THE FESTIVAL PLAZA

I have like 100 tickets, I fucking hate this feature
>>
File: 1403560658297.png (479KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1403560658297.png
479KB, 480x640px
>Cutscene: The Game
>Some cutscenes being too needlessly long when explaining something
>Slow transitions with things like the Daycare and Move Deleter. Why is this even a thing?
>Shallow Post game with a Battle Tower 2.0 but with even more bullshit and frustrating AI
>Multi Battle AI being fucking hopeless
>All trainers having no more than 3 Pokemon and being complete push overs
>Frame rate
>Festival Plaza, this deserves a greentext of its own
>Elite 4 being a joke and not having a proper, high leveled team on the rematch
>No good level grinding spots with just the Elite 4 to cover that, but that is tedious because of slow transitions
>Hyper Training being a level 100 exclusive thing
>SOS Battle feature in general. Either a Pokemon you're trying to catch keeps calling for help or you're EV training and they refuse to call for help
>Not having a trial for each Z-Crystal
>Alolan forms
>Bringing back the bullshit Megas like Kangaskhan, Lucario and Salamence but leaving out Audino, Camerupt and Lopunny

Besides that it was pretty good!
>>
>>31081870
>post whatever
EV training sucks now
Berries in Palego sucks

It's not even anything specific. XY added a lot of really nice "convenience" features, and it made they games feel great. SM has better story and characters and stuff, but they took away all those convenience features
>>
>>31084822
>1. Trying to catch a Pokémon that keeps SOSing with help appearing
Try paralyzing it, jackass
>>
>>31095386
Capture-O for legendaries in pokeballs
EXP-O (I managed to level 100 500 pokemon before I got bored in XY)
Breeding-O

O-Powers were fucking great
>>
Female clothing options:

I really hope you like tanktops.
>>
>>31083448
Agree with pretty much everything here.

Sun and Moon are the first Pokémon games I actually dislike, and pretty strongly at that. Hopefully this was just them not really sure what direction to go in with 3D like Gen 6 was. The cutscenes crap is definitely a huge issue. Pokémon' story should be shown, not told. And for God's sake stop making every non-Legendary slow as shit.

>hur dur how you like gen 6
I'd take ORAS over SM any day, any time.
>>
>>31095386
i used the money one to buy expensive clothes
>>
>>31096361
>EV training sucks now
>Berries in Palego sucks

This is how I know you are retarded. EV training is debatable, but berrie growinng has never been better. Holy shit. I have hundreds of EV lowering berries and some others just because I could.
>>
>>31096361

>Berries in Pelago sucks

It takes a little time to set up, yeah, but once you do you get berries by the dozens. I have like 400+ of each EV reducing berry by now.
>>
I am actually back to playing x and y for end game. Breeding and getting ivs is much smoother in x and y. Plus the game barely has any fucking pokemon in it. Meanwhile I will continue using friend safari and my massive selecting. I just now breed a seismic toss and aromatherapy therapy chansey. What were they fucking smoking with this game.
>>
The islands feel small.

There's this sense of having an open, 3D world that X/Y and B/W couldn't do, but the actual areas feel small in a way I can't quite place. I'm not sure if it's because the areas themselves are literally small, or because they lack trainers or something.

Like if I compare them side by side, the routes in the older games are actually really tiny and short but something about their design made them feel huge at the time.

The only thing I can think to compare it to is like, Zelda. Ocarina of Time felt like a huge, expansive world was being given to me and it blew my mind how huge it felt when you first left the forest. Now, looking back at a map of the game it's probably the smallest Zelda overworld. Sun/Moon never gives me that feel of 'wow this world is huge!" which it feels like it should.

In fact I had totally the opposite experience, when I finished the first island I had a "that was it? That's the entire island?" lurking in the back of my mind.
>>
THE FUCKING STARTERS FINAL EVOS

I want to train my fictional pets to go on adventures and pretend they're my own unique pets with random natures

But no no no they're a fucking long in depth descriptions for every single member of it's race like there's only one of them in EXISTANCE

I don't want to be made special, I just want to be a normal trainer who works his way up in life not the goddamn chosen one

TDLR I want pets not RPG characters
>>
>>31096669
To tack on to that, it really doesn't help that Poni is so short. It almost feels like it was tacked on to just extend the end game a bit before you fight the Pokemon league.
>>
>>31094127
It's nice in its own way, but I feel like he should have had a jacket or something to round out his design.

Plus it feels weird to me how his face looks completely different despite Blue's remaining mostly the same from previous official artwork.
>>
>>31096695
You make no sense
>>
>>31096695
What?
>>
File: 1482681114936.jpg (138KB, 550x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482681114936.jpg
138KB, 550x500px
>>31081870
Too many cutscenes, and it's also obvious where they cut content. I would have preferred they delayed the game a bit to finish giving each captain a purpose in the game, but they really dropped the ball at the end and it shows.

The fact that you don't battle ultra beast lusamine is something that will forever leave me upset at what a missed opportunity it was.
>>
>>31089755
Every time I ran into a door that you couldn't go in, I died a little on the inside.
>>
>>31097352
oh yeah another one: your character's stupid blank expression that never changes.

I mean a little sign of life would be nice
>>
The E4 was a complete joke, and rematching is also fucking lackluster.

Why the fuck do these fuckers not have 6 Pokemon upon rematching? And the levels should have scaled much higher, like 65 to 75.
>>
>>31096040

They're waiting to bring Alolan Golem into the remakes, duh
>>
-navigating through any type of menu is unreasonably laggy
- wonder trading takes way too long
- the graphics/art style/ atmosphere/ whatever you want to call it are extremely dated. 2D sprites were at least charming in a way. Now we have these unoptomized 3D models lagging up the game imitating 2D sprite shading with more drawbacks than benifits.
>>
>Razor Claw is held by 5% of wild Jangmo-os and Dragon Scale by 5% of wild Dragonairs
>Both pokemon are low percentage encounters themselves
>>
>ice stone made for two alola forms
>Glaceon doesnt evolve with it
>>
>>31098777
>yfw the alola e4 is the lowest leveled in the entire series
>>
>>31099759
Test
>>
File: frodo.png (214KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
214KB, 400x399px
>>31096695
>>
>>31096306
I agree with most but
>Alolan forms
what's wrong with those?
>>
>>31097352

That was probably because it was part Lusamine
Moral guardians would throw a massive bitchfit if you had your Pokemon beat the shit out of something that was part human
>>
>>31095112
that's even better for chaining, if you had a tanky as fuck pokemon.

but god no, i meant that you would never have both at the same time. You would only get SOS from an individual encounter, and if you used Honey or Sweet Scent then you can get a Horde fight.
Thread posts: 221
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.