[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious - How do we improve Sun and Moon's story?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1482946243416.png (143KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482946243416.png
143KB, 500x500px
How do we turn Sun and Moon's lackluster story mode into a more powerful narrative? Do some characters need to be tinkered with? What about the order of events?
>>
>>31080040
>less Lillie screentime so other characters can shine and the game doesn't vomit overdoses of cutscenes and also so it doesn't hijack the island challenge near the end
>More UB stuff
>Give me my Silvally evolution scene. That alone would've been awesome

That about does most of it for me.
>>
Team skull and aether should have been more important than the funny bag girl and hand boy in the story
>>
>>31080040
Increase Type Null and Gladion's presence in the narrative. For as important as they were they didn't get much screentime.
>>
File: 1480829585702.jpg (978KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1480829585702.jpg
978KB, 1500x1500px
>>31080091
>Give me my Silvally evolution scene. That alone would've been awesome

Agreed. That was one of the one things I really wanted to see and it happened off-screen.
>>
>>31080092
How so, in depth?

>>31080091
Agreed on the evolution. Gladion should have had way more screentime, and it then giving Silvaliy that evolution could have had weight on his character arc.

- Would have been awesome going around and instead of the Tapus fighting the UBs offscreen, being forced to return to the islands (and visit the 4th) to stop the rampaging UBs or sending them back into Ultra Space.

- Lillie thing - Yes, but how do we do it? The Island Challenge (aka, the protag's goal) and Lillie's story are essentially the A and B plots of the story. I don't think GF did a very good job at trying to have them align with eachother, they just jumped tracks. Which I think was kinda okay, but left me feeling empty post-Ultra Space. Compared to N, who's final battle with him/Dennis was the end of the game's main campaign.
>>
File: sea mauville.png (285KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
sea mauville.png
285KB, 500x458px
>>31080040
>narrative
That's where you went wrong. Narrative doesn't belong in Pokémon.

All lore and storytelling should be done in the vein of Sea Mauville and Cinnabar Mansion. It should be optional and slightly hidden. Exploration will be more fun this way, and everyone gets what they want. People who like story can seek it out and people who don't can avoid it.
>>
>>31080190
That's the same manner as how Dark Souls went about it. (and RBY predates them too!)

It works for what it does, going to a new land and discovering piece by piece what really went on there. Works perfectly with pokemon as we do a lot of exploring.

...but Alola is not that. It's Gamefreak's second attempt at making the narrative important (Gen 5). While it can work in some segments, this means of storytelling wasn't what GF was trying with this game.
>>
>>31080283
(Alola isn't that because of the linear nature, handholding, and Lille essentially forcing us into her family drama)
>>
(bump for ideas)
>>
> Cut Lillie's screen time in half. Maybe we meet her much later in the story or something. Make her a pokemon trainer and not the protagonist of the story. I feel like someone wanted to make their own anime or manga with her as the lead and it fell flat.

>Cinnabar / Mauville style expansion into the UBs.

> expressive model for your MC.
> Play Hau as the buddy and Gladion as the rival.
> more expansion for trial captains. I liked the mini plots that led to battling them.
>>
>Big UB rampage on alola
>No one fucking talk about it

RSE was awesome in the climax, you had the wather shit and scared people in sootopolis (and could swear the abnormal weather would grow as you advavance the kyogre v/s groudon plot)
In SM you only have hapu goin 'oh right, there was this wreid mon who almost fucked the tapu and myself'
>>
>>31080190
This. Save cutscenes for actual important/meaningful shit, and let the player learn most of the other details through their own exploration.
GF needs to learn that cutscenes are not the only way to tell a story.
>>
>Needed more Team Aether and more buildup
>UBs should be part of main story and literally threaten the world and not the Locker sidequest
>Kanto/Kalos postgame instead of just teasing us with them. Could've expanded on Lillies journey or Zygarde story
>actually make Zygarde fucking relevant at all if you give it such a huge role, at least make getting 10% mandatory
>More islands. I take everything back about Hoenn. All the water is better than not even being able to freely traverse the ocean and the entire map
>Make Hau actually surpass his uncle and Gladio on his level too. I liked them as rivals but they felt flat in the end
>Resolve Guzma plot. The fuck even happened to him
>Finale shoulda been more apocalyptic and dramatic. Samantha more felt like some mediary boss
>>
Give Mina enough screentime that she manages to make Lillie look like a minor, unimportant character
>>
less lillie
more olivia, acerola, mina and kahili
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.