[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sun/Moon r8 thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: facebook-share-image-usa.jpg (307KB, 1200x622px) Image search: [Google]
facebook-share-image-usa.jpg
307KB, 1200x622px
I've noticed /vp/ have been complaining about SuMo now. Let's discuss this. Did it live up to expectation or did it flop?

>http://www.strawpoll.me/11974974
>>
>>31078766
>surprised that any board in 4chan is overrun by whiny entitled fucks
hownew.ru
>>
8.5-9.0 for me. Very much lived up to expectations after the horror of XY. There are some questionable design choices though.

Give me a BW2 styled sequel and I'll bump it up to 10.
>>
>>31078779
>whiny entitled fucks
Kill yourself my friend.
>>
Flop.

This is the 20th anniversary game, the first title since 2008 where we went a year without a new game, the game where "it all comes together."

I expected two regions, a full Battle Frontier, difficulty settings, seasons, DexNav, following Pokémon, far better trainer customization options and far more old character cameos, among many other things.

But there's nothing special to Sun and Moon. It's just another meh game.
>>
>>31078766
>SuMo
stopped reading right there
>>
It sucked ass. Second worst gen after X/Y.
>>
>>31078866
>two regions
>full battle frontier
>difficulty setting
>following pokemon

holy fucking shit, do you not know how hard it would be to implement that, you entitled fuck?
>>
File: abUoz.jpg (40KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
abUoz.jpg
40KB, 480x270px
>>31078866
>I expected two regions, a full Battle Frontier, difficulty settings, seasons, DexNav, following Pokémon, far better trainer customization options and far more old character cameos, among many other things.
I thought people like you would learn from the mistake of god that was XY
>>
>>31078929
>you entitled fuck
fuck off plebbitor
>>
File: 1407971638682.png (45KB, 385x264px) Image search: [Google]
1407971638682.png
45KB, 385x264px
>>31078766
I liked it. It has its flaws sure, but it was a big step up from XY.
>>
>>31078929
Not very hard, considering that they've all been done before, that walking and run animations for all Pokémon are already in the game, and the fact that this franchise is so immensely huge and lucrative that Game Freak doesn't need to worry about budget at all.

These are entirely reasonable expectations when you consider that and how old Pokémon is.
>>
>>31078929
>>31078955

Gamefreak could easily implant those in the games but they're too incompetent and lazy to do it.

Pokemon would be so so so much better under another company instead of Gamefreak.
>>
Wow...

These were... uh, these were bad. And I don't mean bad in the sense that they were poorly programmed and poorly programmed games, most of the mainline Pokemon games are, but they manage to still be extremely entertaining all the same. I mean that these were BAAAD, they were tedious, boring.

The cutscenes are a pain to get through. They wouldn't be so bad if the characters were likable, but... they're not. Hau is a non-character, he's boring, he doesn't do much and just gets in your way when you're trying to explore the region. The same with Lillie, she's annoying and I could not care less about what her problems are. I thought that after ORAS Gamefreak learned how to write decent characters, since they revisited an old game and improved characters such as Wally, the evil team leaders and your rival. But guess not, because all the characters in SM are just otaku bait or terrible (I guess Zinnia was a sign). Gladion is alright, I guess, he wasn't a rehash of Silver, which is what I was expecting, so that's good enough. I mean, I appreciate the effort. Game also continues the trend of Pokemon games that started somewhere around Gen 5 of you being the chosen one and some super special kid, instead of just some random talented trainer that got caught up int he middle of things.

Game was piss easy. I played with the Exp Share off and on Set and managed to finish the game with my party a good 5 to 10 levels above Kukui's. The supposed Hau battle with his A-Raichu that swept a lot of people? Yeah, I didn't see how it was hard. Menus and movement all seem slow compared to Gen 6. Don't get me started on EV training and breeding. Post-game is almost non-existent, even ORAS and XY had more of it.

One step forward, two steps back once again. My fault for having high expectations.
>>
>>31079116
Godspeed anon.
>>
>>31079077
No, it isn't reasonable in the slightest. The time to actually implement all those features in a 3D environment would be monumental. You're telling me that you seriously expect all that content that can barely run double battles without lagging?
>>
>>31079153
Why is there even lag in the first place?

Oh right, because Gamefreak is a horrid company.
>>
File: 1416005025574.jpg (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1416005025574.jpg
46KB, 400x400px
>>31079182
And yet you still buy their games and spend your time on a 4chan board dedicated to games made by this company.
>>
>>31079116
I saw that thread yesterday. Did it become pasta?
>>
>>31078766
B&W2>HGSS>RSE>S&M>FRLG>B&W>Platinum>GSC>Yellow>DP>RBY
>>
>>31078766
>All those 10/10 apologists.
C'mon, you can like the game, but this is retarded. This is just a meh 5/10 game.
>>
File: 1472299930126.png (218KB, 368x300px) Image search: [Google]
1472299930126.png
218KB, 368x300px
>>31079274
>having an opinion
>on 4chan
You're wrong no matter what, bucko.
>>
>>31079215
I haven't bought a pokemon game since Y lol. Thats when I realized the series was going downhill.

I'm not a fool.
>>
>>31079302
You're a shill no matter what, kiddo.
>>
>>31079323
>lol
spot the redditor
>>
>>31079341
you don't even know what I voted, dipshit.
>>
>>31079384
>bringing up /reddit/

found the redditor
>>
>>31078845
Nice defensive maneuver. If I tell your mom about this, will you lose good boy points?
>>
>>31078766
>r8
>SuMo
>strawpoll
You have to go back.
>>
Since we're talking about Sun/Moon, and it's a poll thread, i hope it's alright that i post my poll in here, since it's slightly related

Do you think the next game will be on 3DS or on Switch?

Please vote here
http://www.strawpoll.me/11925218
>>
>>31079443
>found the redditor

found the redditor
>>
>>31079274
Too many Mareeple here. It's sad.
>>
Those are some shit options

Just do 1-10 like a normal person
>>
Played the game, caught Ultra Beasts / Necrozma, did a bit of breeding and the Battle Tree and that's it. Currently sitting on 87 hours, and only check in on it once per day for Shards / Bottle Caps from Festival / Pelago.

Overall, pretty disappointed. Only reason I rate XY and ORAS higher was because I had just started playing competitively, and I really don't see the point in breeding and training up Pokémon when they already exist back in Gen VI and can just be transferrred over come Jan.

In my opinion, Gen VI > Gen VII
>>
>>31078929
Nah, fuck off. Pokémon is one of the highest selling franchises in all video games; we should expect for competent developers to go above and beyond in every single entry.
>>
>>31078929
>do you not know how hard it would be to implement that
It wouldn't be.

Especially following Pokemon since they have the models to go, they could just half ass the rest of it like they did in HGSS.
>>
>>31079153
>The time to actually implement all those features in a 3D environment would be monumental.
Just so you know 3D development is a considerably easier than 2D.

In other words if they could do this in HGSS with less dev time than SM they could have done it in SM.

>You're telling me that you seriously expect all that content that can barely run double battles without lagging?
Which brings us back to GF's incompetency.
The lag is down to how high poly the models are.

Now consider this, how much time would they have on their hands if the models were say, halved in complexity?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.