[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pokemon stars/eclipse/fuckit >z-crystals came from necrozma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: necrozma.png (287KB, 1024x814px) Image search: [Google]
necrozma.png
287KB, 1024x814px
>pokemon stars/eclipse/fuckit
>z-crystals came from necrozma when it entered our dimension centuries ago
>alolan forms are caused by massive buildup of z-energy
>z-energy originates in ultra dimension, leaked through wormholes, crystals are solidified ultra energy
>totem auras and ultra beast auras are the same thing (explained in-game), and is the secret behind z-crystals
>ultra beasts that stay in normal dimension lose their ultra energy over time and change forms, affected by and acclimating to the alien energy and environment
>ultra beasts know this, and desperately seek out ultra energy to maintain their forms and survive in an alien world

>necrozma gets a new z-crystal, prismatic laser becomes its unique z-move
>uses z-energy to take on its z-powered form, regains its shed rainbow z-crystal scales, and becomes a giant prismatic crystal space dragon with star lasers
>it gains the beast boost ability
>>
What is your zetto wasa, OP?
>>
>>31077993
>zetto wasa
I don't watch enough naruto to know what this means.
>>
>>31077993
Oh come on, OP, that means Z-move in Japanese.
>>

are you retarded?
>>
>>31078233
Oh, okay. Well, the OP post should demonstrate my complete lack of creativity, so don't expect much. Maybe something generic and stupid, like Ultra Laser.

>>31078258
Good luck finding regional forms anywhere else. Just because the locals think it's due to island adaptation doesn't mean it really is, and it's suspicious that Alola is the only place with ultra and z-energy activity since ancient times and also the only one with region forms.
>>
>>31077934

You went full retard here, we already know what causes regional variants and it clearly has nothing to do with Z crystals.

>Just because the locals think it's due to island adaptation doesn't mean it really is
Or you know, when the professor who specializes in Regional Variants says that they are...

>it's suspicious that Alola is the only place with ultra and z-energy activity since ancient times and also the only one with region forms.
It's not suspicious that a island chain in the middle of the ocean has a higher rate of speciation than any other known Pokemon region; it quite literally reflects Alola's real-life counterpart.
>>
>>31078282
The reason Alola is the only region with variants is because Gamefreak didn't come up with the idea before now. When X and Y came out, Kalos was the only region that had Mega Evolution, but that was retconned as soon as ORAS released.

Also, the first four generations all take place in PokeJapan, so there's little reason for the Pokemon to undergo such noticeable changes from region to region there. Gen 5 is far away, but Unova also had its own entirely unique population of Pokemon originally. Gen 6 is the only one you could really argue is the odd one out here.
>>
>>31078378
Fair. So it's a recurring theme in the game, but that doesn't necessarily mean every instance of it has to be connected.

What about
>ultra beasts that stay in normal dimension lose their ultra energy over time and change forms
>>
>>31078414
>instead of making new pokemon, GF will just change old ones in future games

Should I feel bad for liking this idea?
>>
>>31078443
Nah, I wouldn't mind that either. I don't have a problem with the smaller pokedexes in gen 6 and 7. If they kept the variant thing going though, I hope they change their base stat distribution a lot more than they did with the alolan forms.
>>
>>31078414
Basically this. At the most though I can see them expanding regional variants to Sinnoh east/west differences for most native species makes a ton of sense considering Shellos, even if its just appearance. Like I can see East Luxray gaining a fire type for living near Stark Mountain, or West gaining a Grass/Ghost Roserade with the og Roserade moving to the great marsh and so on.
>>
>>31077934
I like all of this except the regional forms part. Come on, let us have a little bit of realism in Pokémon.
>>
>>31078419
Exactly, if the game gave us any indication that the Z crystals caused the environmental changes that Alolan forms appear in, then there'd be a basis for your theory.

I'm pretty sure GF left that out so that they could reuse regional variants in the future without having to rely on Z crystals as a mechanic.

>>31078443
I think that would be overdoing regional variants; GF stuck to keeping Alolan forms few and far between as to not go full Tumblr with every Pokemon having dozens of pointless variations. If they continue to explore remote regions with interesting microclimates then I'd expect we see more regional variants in the future, but not replacing new Pokemon altogether.
>>
>>31078497
Sinnoh really is the best bet for the regional variant concept being expanded upon in a remake. There's already Shellos setting a precedent, like you said, and of the first four regions, it and Hoenn have the most distinctly different climates. But Hoenn's time has come and gone now, and Alola is basically just Hoenn+ in terms of region concept.

The most sensible thing for them to do is expand on Sinnoh's own variants within its own Pokedex (which would be great because the Sinnoh dex is pretty lacking), and also take Pokemon from Alola, Kalos, and Unova, all regions far away from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, and give them variants in those regions.

But I'm sure we're just going to see more kanto pokemon getting variants in Sinnoh. Like with Mega Evolution last generation, brand new Pokemon probably won't get to reap the benefits of this design concept, like how Diancie was the only Kalosmon to get a Mega, I'm sure there won't be any Sinnoh-Form versions of Alolamon in the DP remakes.
>>
>>31078586
Why would Kanto Pokemon have regional variants in Sinnoh? They're separated by a small isthmus of land, not an entire ocean.

Honestly the Platinum Dex fixed everything lacking in the original DP dex, I'd be okay with retconning regional variants into DP for a very small amount of Pokemon, but otherwise it doesn't make a lot of sense.
>>
>>31078638
That's what I'm saying. It wouldn't make much sense for Kanto Pokemon to change in Sinnoh, it would make much more sense for Pokemon from Unova, Kalos, and Alola to change, but knowing Gamefreak, they'll continue to nostalgia-bait instead of doing something sensible. Advertising your Diamond and Pearl remakes with variants of Pokemon from gen 5, 6, and 7 probably isn't going to get that many people excited.
>>
>>31078665
I just don't think Regional Variants works for a region like Sinnoh, similar climates appear in both Unova and Kalos, and its just too soon to be giving Alolan pokemon new regional forms in the same generation they were introduced. If GF really wanted to increase Sinnnoh's appeal I'd expect them to try new Mega forms/ Z-Crystals, not regional variants.
>>
>>31078638
>They're separated by a small isthmus of land, not an entire ocean.
So what youre saying is
Sinnoh forms for Unovamons.
>>
If only regional variants were there from the start or introduced much sooner in the games. The anime has had them since as early as gen 2 if I remember correctly.
>>
>>31078791
see>>31078765

Unova and Kalos are both regions that already have a variety of climates and landscapes; Unova in particular has four seasons and Kalos probably would have if GF had thought to implement the feature in Gen VI.

The entire point of regional variants being discovered in Alola is that because its an ocean-locked peninsula with a tropical climate and fewer environmental niches for new species to thrive in, then a few Pokemon imported to the region underwent changes to adapt very specifically to certain parts of Alola.

Really, the problem with retconning previous regions in to having variants means that Pokemon that were formerly considered indigenous to the region have to be retconned; GF would have to force a new narrative for each variant whereas Alola was a fresh slate to introduce the idea.
>>
>>31078873
Alola is the first region that's far enough away from everything else where the idea of regional variants actually works, though. Johto is on the exact same landmass as Kanto without much of a dividing border except for Mt. Silver.
>>
>>31078892
Of the Alola forms we got in Sun and Moon, not all of them were actually necessitated by the environment, though. Some of them became that way due to the customs and culture, like Meowth, Grimer, and Diglett. Sandshrew adapted to live in the snow in Alola's tropical climate, even though the only snowy area in the game is right next to a desert. Rattata's adaption was a response to Yungoos and doesn't have anything to do with the climate, and Raichu's adaption doesn't have anything to do with anything at all.
>>
>>31079596
Grimer adapted because there wasn't much sewer in Alola, so it started eating garbage instead. Diglett was something about using its metal hairs as antennae, though I don't remember why. Neither of those are cultural, they're environmental adaptations.
>>
>>31079596
>Sandshrew adapted to live in the snow in Alola's tropical climate, even though the only snowy area in the game is right next to a desert.
sandshrew arent desert native
sandshrew just live in grass mostly
>>
File: kaiji cryji.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kaiji cryji.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>31077934
>TFW Necrozma is in constant agony being here and this brief Z-move would be its only escape

F R E E
H I M
>>
>>31079767
I was misinformed about Diglett, a part of Dugtrio's description mentioned that it was illegal in Alola to remove Diglett's hair, which I interpretted as being the reason it was different. Grimer's adaption is still the result of how people formed Alola, sewers are man-made. I guess you can argue that the presence or lack of sewage is an environmental thing, but it's still an aspect of it that is very much determined by people.

>>31079823
Well there's plenty of grass around, too. My point was that in spite of Alola's very specific and unique habitat, there are still Alolan forms that adapted to very specific and localized climates within the region that are not representative of it.
>>
>>31079863
Would explain its "extraordinarily vicious disposition", at least.
>>
>>31079880
>there are still Alolan forms that adapted to very specific and localized climates within the region that are not representative of it

Isn't that more just another, smaller example of island adaptation?
>>
Since we're talking about the next release i hope it's fine if i post my poll in this thread

Do you think the next game will be on 3DS or on Switch?

Please vote here
http://www.strawpoll.me/11925218
>>
>>31077934
If we take off the shit about alolan forms, we're left with this:

>centuries ago, necrozma crossed through a wormhole
>stayed too long, lost its wormhole energy and shed crystallized energy everywhere
>crystals known as z-crystals, gives z-energy to pokemon to boost their power
>in pokemon stars, necrozma gets its ultra form back when infused with z-energy from a new z-crystal
>something about ultra beasts aggressively seeking sources of wormhole/z-energy to keep their energy from running out

That about right? Sounds about right.
>>
>>31077934
>Alolan/Regional forms aren't just caused by actual Darwinian evolution

0/10 you fucking weeb
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.