[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Little things that you miss from the old games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 541.png (238KB, 700x557px) Image search: [Google]
541.png
238KB, 700x557px
>You had to grind to level 10 to get the elemental move in your starter
>A poisoned Pokémon receives damage outside of battle.
>>
>Level 10
>He chose Bulbasaur
>>
>>31077378
>A poisoned pokémon receives damage outside of battle AND CAN DIE.
>>
>>31077378
Brings back good memories OP
>>
>>31077378
>A poisoned Pokémon receives damage outside of battle
Holy shit this
>>
>>31077392
Old games don't just have to be gen 1.
>>
>>31077413
most starters learned elmental moves before l10, though
the only one that doesnt in active memory is bulbasaur because he gets leech seed before vine whip
>>
File: gen 5 battles.gif (773KB, 403x227px) Image search: [Google]
gen 5 battles.gif
773KB, 403x227px
>>
>>31077430
In generation 2 Totodile and Cyndaquil didn't get their elemental move until after 10.
>>
>>31077434
I can hear the Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga Battle music in my head.
>>
>>31077378
Definitely miss overworld poison. That rush to the Pokemon Center was intense.
>>
u kno what i dont miss??
non reusable tms
that shit was wiggidywiggidywhack yo
>>
>>31077632
Fuck off
>>
New box wallpapers. Gen 7 is the only game since gen 2 without them available in any way.

>>31077378
>using nothing but tackle for the first half hour of the game
>fun
>>
>>31077651
>liking single-use TMs
>>
>>31079006
>having to choose who to teach moves to is bad
I bet you loved gen 6's difficulty
>>
>>31079039
>implying anyone who wasn't thick didn't just clone infinite TMs anyway
I beg you do idiotic self imposed challenge runs too.
>>
>>31077378
Lt Surge showing his butt
>>
>>31077378
>>31077393
>>31077404
>>31077470
on one hand, I feel like it would be invalidated by Pokemon Refresh.

On the otherhand, by that logic: paralysis and other status effects carrying over from a previous battle might as well be removed then.

So, come on, encourage to crack open refresh a bit more, Game Freak.

Hell, if it's that much trouble, it might be nice to feed my pokemon more than just beans or a generic cure-all. Let us apply items to them in refresh and all that.
>>
>>31077378
You're right on the second.
The first one though just felt tedious, the moments where you had to rely on tackle and its variants were terrible imo.
>>
>>31079039
Found the scrub who doesn't even play online, and you can just decide to not use them more than once if you're that autistic.
>>
Death from poisoning just happened in viridian forest, dont lie.

Had it been retained in Gen 5-7 it would be pointless because there is like a healing NPC in every few steps.
>>
>>31079039
>get TM you cant buy in any way
>have to autisticly breed the TM down or play through the game multiple times to get more
>>
>>31077454
>Totodile
Looking back I felt it was ironic that the only move you'll learn till lv 13 is Rage, because I was sure pissed with the shit movepool. By the time I got to lv 13 I was so thankful for a new move, and then I realized that Totodile line was physical based and it was pre phy/spe split which meant water attacks were terrible for physical water types. Also if you didn't teach it surf or whirl pool then it wouldn't learn a new water move until 52 which would be by the 8th gym.
>>
>>31079834
If you evenly leveled your team you wouldn't be 52 until some point in Kanto.
>>
>>31079267
I would say anything pre mt.moon. I had the bad experience of being poisoned by the super nerd that you get the fossil from and poisoned by his koffing and grimer. Then blacking out before I could get to the pokecenter.
>>
>>31077434
Christ that made me laugh. I love Gen 5 but the sprites are a definite flaw of the games.
>>
>>31079834
>52
>8th gym
Nigga what?
>>
>>31079917
I tended to always play favorites for the first II gens. Starting gen III, I took more consideration into what I was actually doing. At best I would only have two or three high leveled pokemon on the team.
>>
>>31080019
It's easy if you abandon any type of strategy or type match up and just hit everything until it's dead. I used to be that kid that would have an over leveled starter, a normal leveled pokemon, then the rest of the team were horribly under leveled.
>>
>>31079039
gen 6 is legit hard without exp share on, there are some hard ass npc battles
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.