[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we expect new Pokemon and Alola forms in Stars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: alolastarters.png (130KB, 800x384px) Image search: [Google]
alolastarters.png
130KB, 800x384px
They've been changing up the formula for the 3rd versions, making them more inticing to buy rather than being just a simple retread of the vanilla versions.

Alola has a disgracefully low number of new Pokemon and Alola forms. We got more Megas in X/Y than we got Alola forms in S/M.

Hawaii is also compromised of 8 islands, not 4. My guess is they'll be another 4 islands to explore come stars, with new Pokemon and Alola forms. Maybe not the same size as the already established islands, but pretty meaty nontheless.

But how will backwards compatibility work with S/M if we're getting new Mon? It won't. Well, we won't be able to trade back at least. It'll be like ORAS and X/Y with the new megas. Unless they decide to patch it which is always an option.
>>
Of course there are still 133 pokemon that still need an alolan form
>>
>>31074493
We'll be lucky if we get another Necrozma form
>>
I think Kanto starters are getting an Alolan form at the very least. Its a new feature, and you'll bet they'll give it to the most popular Pokemon.
>>
File: l12iAnr.png (18KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
l12iAnr.png
18KB, 633x758px
>>31074493
>They've been changing up the formula for the 3rd versions
Cept
>they haven't made a third version in 4 years
>>
>>31074575
I think it would be complicated to give Alola Forms to pokemon with a Mega Evolution. Would the mega stone work on both forms? Would the alola form change type when mega evolving? Would there be two different mega evolutions depending on the form?
>>
>People expecting more pokemon

You're getting the already existant pokemon and you're going to like it. Expect at least a few measly forms.

AT LEAST
>>
fuck the person who started the stars rumor, I'm tired of hearing about it
>>
>>31074593
True, but it seems like they'redone with megas
No new ones were introduced in S/M. Saved until postgame. Banned in official competitions. Dark pokedex entries which make you feel guilty for using them.

Its a strange situation they've got themselves into. Its seems like they regret Megas and are focusing on regional forms. My guess is they'll give Pokemon with megas regional forms, but only the "original" variant of that Pokemon can use it's mega evolution. It's be strange if, say, a fighting type Alakazam mega evolved and looked like it's Kanto counterpart.

I don't think they'll want to miss out on giving Pokemon with megas a regional form, as a lot of them are really popular. Charizard, Lucario, Garchomp, etc. They're all fan faves, and I can't see them missing out on this new feature. Imagine how many bricks would be shat if we got Alolan Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. It'd boost hype for Stars like no tomorroe, and be an excellent marketing tool.
>>
>>31074592
Gen 1: Two third versions!
Gen 2: A third version!
Gen 3: Third version after remakes
Gen 4: Third version before remakes
Gen 5: Paired sequels instead of third versions
Gen 6: No third version, only remakes
>>
I actually have a poll for that, and hope you're alright with me posting it in here

Do you think the next game will be on 3DS or on Switch?

Please vote here
http://www.strawpoll.me/11925218
>>
Can they even make any new variations in the middle of a gen?
Won't that make the new ones unavailable for the already released games?

Or am i completely wrong, and all they need to do is release an update?
>>
>>31074493
>New starters are Larvitar, Bagon, and Gible
>>
>>31075006
Not even counting new legendary forms, there were still new Mega Evolutions in ORAS and new Rotom forms in Platinum. It's not unheard of
>>
>>31075115
I mean, we got new Deoxys forms as far back as FRLG. They were just completely unique to the game they were on. I think maybe the stats carried over to link battles at least?
>>
>>31074493

I think no. If there were going to be more Alolan Forms, don't you think they would be, you know, in Alola already?

If the next game is a sequel, it'll be 2-3 years later at most, that's not enough time for Pokemon to 'evolve' into their environments, if GF did that, it would be fucking stupid.
>>
never ever
permanent forms have never been added; adding alolaforms is literally the same as adding new pokemon
>inb4 gen 7.5
no
>>
>>31075714
>My guess is they'll be another 4 islands to explore come stars, with new Pokemon and Alola forms
>another 4 islands
>>
Why is everyone so obsessed with the idea of a 3rd version? How about GF just do a patch or DLC

Also fucking save slots when
>>
>>31074981
people are really voting that the next games will be a new gen?
This would be the shortest generation of all time, then
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.