[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Pokémon had a complete reboot, what would you want changed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

If Pokémon had a complete reboot, what would you want changed?
>>
Fix the translation errors. First ones that come to mind would be changing "Splash" to "Hop" and "Fairy" type to "Magic" type.
National Pokedex doesn't throw evolutions hundreds of numbers apart.
Eeveeloutions are all by stone. It's stupid that the Leaf Stone can't give you Leafeon.
Nidoran line gets the retooling it needed over a decade ago.
Tauros and Militank are gender based evolutions of one Pokémon.
If a Pokemon has a baby form, it just has that baby when bred without an incense.
>>
All Pokemon have different colored variations, most have different size variations. All "shiny" Pokemon are custom colored and aren't the dated color swap from Gen 2
>>
>>31073520
I would change it so my dad didn't leave me and my mom.
>>
>>31073551
>Fairy to Magic
But it's Fairy in japanese...
>>
>complete overhaul of Pokemon BSTs
>complete overhaul of type chart
>clean up all the useless abilities and moves
>actual difficulty like any other RPG, no more of this baby retard shit
>shinies removed, now every Pokemon has a varied as fuck pallet ranging from different hues to completely alternate pallets akin to shinies
>streamlined online features, more game modes for online (and by more, I mean a fuck ton)
>barabait and waifumon removed
I don't know, I could go on for hours about this shit.
>>
>>31073628
Fairy has a very different meaning in Japan than it does here. My mom is Japanese so I might honestly just be misunderstanding the American fairy (Don't think I am, my dad is American) but in Japan, fairies are beings that have a connection to a fantasy world. It could be a cat, a flower, or a person. I'm trying to think of a word to compare it to in English, but the most relatable concept that Americans have is "Magic" since "Magician" doesn't mean "User of magic" as one would expect.
>>
>>31073650
>actual difficulty
Grinding is not difficult. It wastes your time.
>>
File: 1477798564391.gif (2MB, 265x257px) Image search: [Google]
1477798564391.gif
2MB, 265x257px
>>31073662
If this is true, then why does 4/5 times Fairy = pink girly makeup pretty dresses and other faggot shit and not simply a magical/mystical being?
>>
>>31073594

Underrated post is HIGHLY Underrated.
>>
File: picture2life_31630_original.jpg (112KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
picture2life_31630_original.jpg
112KB, 720x720px
>>31073686
I'd imagine it's the same reason most water types are blue and most steel types are gray. They want you to sort of be able to guess what it is based on the color. And when I look at all the fairy types together (Though I can't find the Gen 7 ones) I feel like they're more based in nature than they are faggoty. Though I suppose you could call nature faggoty. Nature again is another concept in the Japanese fairy tale (There's that word again) genre.
>>
File: 59539128_p0.png (273KB, 700x630px) Image search: [Google]
59539128_p0.png
273KB, 700x630px
>>31073650
>Removing Gardevoir, Lopunny, Gothitelle, Braxien, and Tsareena
MATE
>>
>>31073729 (You)
>I feel like they're more based in nature than they are faggoty
Retcon Fairies don't count.

And tbqh the Gen VII Fairies look much better than Gen VI. I don't hate them nearly as much now.

we gotta start adding in our own (You)s now, boys.
>>
>>31073520
-Type chart damage is nerfed. NVE damage is either the same or varied (not all Pokemon are equally strong or weak against other types. Ground is stronger against Steel than Fighting is against Steel. Dark may also be less weak to Fairy than it is to Fighting, etc.,) Super Effective damage is now either 125% or 150% instead of 2x. If a dual typed Pokemon is weak against a common type, the highest damage point is now 3x instead of 4x. Namely meant to reduce jobber potential.
-Nidoran is now one Pokemon with Gender differences. Evolutions are still their own line.
-Pokemon now have Traits. Think of a secondary Ability that concerns the Pokemon's biology or other features the only difference is that Traits are NOT changeable on a Pokemon and there's only one for each (though some might be common). For example Farfetch might have moves it attacks with its Leek that do Grass damage instead of Normal or Magikarp's scales now reduce damage from physical attacks by 20%
-Encounters are visible but within a limited range. Think DQIX or Zelda II.
-Clefairy is now split into Normal and Fairy region (?) forms. Same with all other Pokemon whose types changed to Fairy for no explained and confusing reason
-Timeline
-Unique Z moves for Final form Pokemon. All Region Birds, Legendaries, Butterflies/Moths, etc.,
-Mega Stones with Z-Power
-True Kyurem (Ability- Cold Fusion: "STAB" Thunder and Fire moves. All Ice moves gain priority). Incidentally, Ice Burn and Freeze Shock are also now Dual-Type moves like Flying Press.
>>
>>31073520
Get rid of in-battle gimmicky forms

Make them actual forms that are changed by key items, like game freak has done in the past
>>
>>31073662
That sounds more like the folkflore, classic fey than the modern depiction of fairies.
>>
>>31073741
>removing tsareena and gothitelle

I see nothing wrong with removing the worst designed Pokemon of their respective types.
>>
>>31074002
>-True Kyurem (Ability- Cold Fusion: "STAB" Thunder and Fire moves. All Ice moves gain priority). Incidentally, Ice Burn and Freeze Shock are also now Dual-Type moves like Flying Press.
Everything you said is dumb, but this is the dumbest fanfic shit ever.
>>
File: dusclopskun.png (47KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
dusclopskun.png
47KB, 217x190px
>>31074002
>Zygarde Complete
>Permanent form
>After collecting 5 cores and 95 cells the Cube lets you assemble Zygarde Complete and not that zen mode bullshit
>Keeps Aura Break
>Aura Break keeps the old effect on Fairy/Dark Aura, but now boosts Ground and Dragon moves by 20% and decreases Fairy & Dark moves in general by 20% too
>>
changes to type effectiveness:
>water is now NFE against ice
>electric is now NFE against rock
>fairy is now neutral against dark

minor changes to moves:
>scald is now SE against ice
>infestation is NOT a contact move anymore
>explosion and self-destruct calculates damage after multiplying the target's defense by 0.75
>toxic now deals less initial damage than poison, but damage stacks much more severely
>triple kick's base damage is doubled and damage amplication on successive hit is doubled. it will now deal 20, 40, 60 damage on each hit.

ability changes:
>battle armor is immune to defense ignoring effects
>weather-inducing abilities changed so that instead of lasting 5 turns, it lasts 3 turns. equipped weather stones still cause the weather to last the full 7 turns.

major pokemon changes:
>Aegislash now gets Battle Armor / Cursed Body
>Aegislash must be holding a unique item in order to change forms when using King's Shield
>Darmanitan must be holding a unique item to become Zen form
>Zen form activates when Darmanitan is 75% hp or below.
>Unown have a hidden ability: Schooling
>Unown's Base stats when Schooling is active is: 48/80/135/144/135/48
>Unown can learn several new moves: Ancient Power, Psychic, Hypnosis, Mirror Coat, Light Screen, Night Shade, and Dream Eater at levels 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, and 70 respectively

game mechanic overhauls:
>any pokemon with a BST of higher than 500 do not get mega evolutions, unless they are legendary pokemon. pokemon that do not meet these requirements but still have mega evolutions get their mega evolutions removed.

game story overhauls:
>cutscenes are limited to significant story events, exposition that requires being injected into every route via an NPC talking to you about things is a strong indication of poor writing.
>all assets must be either used or scrapped, unless there is confirmed DLC that allows the player to access it. Things like the Power Plant in Kalos serve only to tease and frustrate the player.
>>
>>31073662
Literally "Fey".
>>
>>31074002
>-True Kyurem (Ability- Cold Fusion: "STAB" Thunder and Fire moves. All Ice moves gain priority). Incidentally, Ice Burn and Freeze Shock are also now Dual-Type moves like Flying Press.
You mean, the Original Dragon? Kyurem=/= Original dragon.
>>
>>31073520
Some sort of overhaul to make more shit viable. Mayb include a point-buy system for competitive, maybe give more gimmicky bonuses to low BST 'mons, I dunno. I want to play with more than 20 Pokemon without resorting to Smogon.
>>
File: primal sponge.png (243KB, 1396x988px) Image search: [Google]
primal sponge.png
243KB, 1396x988px
>>31074002
I remember a fangame did something similar to Traits, but it got killed by Nintendo.

Also
>more dual-type moves
yes
>>
>>31074815
>toxic now deals less initial damage than poison
It already does. It starts at half regular poison, at least since Generation III.

Also, no making Acid and Acid Spray super-effective on Steel-type?
>>
>>31074962
>Electric/Electric, how does it work?
RIP Gyarados
>>
>>31074975
ran out of post space
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.