[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/btg/ - Battle Tree General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 50

File: BattleTreeGeneral.png (192KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
BattleTreeGeneral.png
192KB, 400x240px
Share victory, share defeat.

Discuss strategies, get help with team building, and most importantly, remember to git gud

>Helpful resources
Battle Tree moveset data:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D7T0jCHBkDppjTB0_rJyK0houk8zE3wLmZ1DlVXEkXg/edit#gid=0

Battle Tree damage calculator:
http://turskain.github.io/

Old thread: >>31062298
>>
We saw clutch wins. Let see some devastating losses videos.
>>
>>31069956
Battle Tree actually has no Balloon Magnezone. Closest thing is a Shuca one.
>>
File: 1464834702385.png (252KB, 579x329px) Image search: [Google]
1464834702385.png
252KB, 579x329px
>>31069991
>>31070014
I don't have a team atm because I'm back at the drawing board, so I'll just post the pokemon I've been using with most success

Leads peak 40:
Mimikyu:
Jolly,Shadow sneak/Shadow claw/Sword dance/Play rough/Lum berry
Lost because of status spam, play rough missing
Tapu Koko peaked 26:
Timid, Uturn, Thunderbolt,Grass knot,Thunderbolt / Life orb
Lost because a mega Camerupt wouldn't fucking die, even with a +1 earthquake from garchomp, it kept spamming fireblast
Kartana peak 15:
Jolly/ Leaf blade,Psycho cut,Smart Strike, Sacred sword Focus sash
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong with Kartana, I lead with it and it gets tons of kills but then everything seems to fall apart quickly, It's either status'd, or it dies to a "not very effective" move. Even with the standard EV spread 252/252 (speed/attack) I still get my shit kicked in.

Other mons:

I have Standard Jolly Garchomp, timid Xurkitree (don't like scarfed) And Def/SpD Aegislash who has saved my team many times,A HA toxapex and a standard mence, (though I don't like using it and hasn't really been helpful)I also have a Orangruru and a Torkal for Doubles, but I might abandon that because I'm garbage.

Maybe they have openings for Team skull
>>
What is your excuse for not running Tapu Fini? That thing is like the anti-bullshit machine for Battle Tree.
>Misty Terrain protects your team from Confuse Ray, Swagger and Thunder Wave hax
>Also protects your physical attackers from being burned
>Enemy AI doesn't realize that Misty Terrain blocks confusion so they keep giving you free Attack boosts with Swagger
>Learns Haze to get rid of Evasion and (Special) Defense boosts on the opposing side and stat drops on your side (fuck you Minimize/Rest Muk)
>As if Haze wasn't enough it also gets Taunt and Nature's Madness (fuck you bulky stall)
>Great bulk and pretty good Special Attack too
>Has multiple viable sets (physically defensive, specially defensive, bulky offensive)
>Can viably run many different items (Leftovers, Icium Z, Tapunium Z, Terrain Extender, you name it)

Easily the best support Pokemon at the moment.
>>
did i fuck up by having Tapu Lele be modest?
>>
>>31070362
If you're going to use Lum Berry, I'd probably use a DD user. Kommo-o isn't even a great DD user and it still got me to 61.
>>
>>31070445

I just use pokemon I like and Tapu Fini is just ok to me.

Tapu Lele best Tapu
>>
>>31070236

Colress has always been the bane of my existence in Battle Tree, I've only beaten this fucker once.

Not this time though. ONE miss caused me to lose.

7GXG-WWWW-WWW3-KUNU
>>
>>31070362
Why have U-Turn instead of Volt Switch?

Give Kartana X-Scissor instead of Psycho Cut
>>
>>31070445
Oh yeah, forgot to mention:
>Pairs extremely well with M-Salamence (effortlessly switches into Ice- and Dragon-moves and gets rid of Rock-types)
>Pairs extremely well with M-Kangaskhan (effortlessly switches into Fighting-moves and status spamming Ghosts and gets rid of them)
Can't stop the perfect supporter

>>31070464
No. I'm currently at 70 victories in Doubles with Modest Scarf Lele as my second lead.
>>
>>31070445
I'm sentimental and don't want to go without Primarina.
>>
>>31070513
i'm also using modest scarf lele. do you think it will be good in wifi battles?
>>
>>31070445
Mine is Timid instead of Bold. Am I goofed?
>>
>>31070445
What's a good nature/EV spread for Fini? Still haven't caught mine yet.
>>
File: Popplio 3.png (302KB, 362x653px) Image search: [Google]
Popplio 3.png
302KB, 362x653px
>>31070445
Old habits die hard desu. 36 extra special attack and energy ball/psychic access on primarina and torrent to fall back on. Don't want to screw up Koko electric terrain either.
>>
>>31070503
I don't really have anything to answer for psychic types, which are one of the things I keep running into. Koko is great, but it really can't take hits at all.

I know i'm doing something wrong but I can't figure it out and it's really draining, training and breeding pokemon all day(mons i don't eveb like). I might look for clone pokemon when the bank hits, at least it will be easier on my 3ds (and my sanity)
>>
>>31070503
>Why have U-Turn instead of Volt Switch?

Nothing is immune to U-turn. Great FU to grass/dark/Psychic types to boot.
>>
File: 1479679578651.png (78KB, 427x304px) Image search: [Google]
1479679578651.png
78KB, 427x304px
>>31070539
Scarf/Specs Modest/Timid Lele is always good no matter what combination you choose.

>>31070546
>Timid Tapu Fini
Pic related

>>31070548
Depends on if you want to have some offensive power or just be super fat.
>>
Can we start having recommended teams and the records people gotten with them built into the OP?
>>
I'm finally gonna start catching Ultra Beasts and Tapus especially since it seems they do really good at Battle Tree.

But i want to know what are some good natures for them, don't wanna fuck up and make them useless.

Mainly interested in the natures of Tapu Koko, Bulu, Nihilego, Kartana, and Celesteela.
>>
>>31070590
Fat as fuck seems to be the preferred variant.
>>
Currently having trouble in super singles with M-Gengar, Z-Incineroar and Flame Orb/Guts Hariyama. I keep getting defeated by teams with bulky earthquake users and Plumeria's Crobat with Brave Bird knocked me out once as well.

What's a good Pokemon to use to stand up to earthquake users and who should I get rid of?
>>
>>31070236

Z86G-WWWW-WWW3-KV2H

Everything about this loss makes my blood boil. If I had swapped to nihilego kartana could have dealt with that damn duck.
>>
>>31070585
That's what X-Scissor on Kartana is for.

>>31070587
I used M-Gyarados so I usually have Ground types covered.
>>
>>31070669
Kartana and koko on the same team?
>>
>>31070659
For physical defense, Bold with max HP/Def. For special defense, Calm with max HP/SpD. These are the obvious cookie cutter sets. I run mine with Modest max HP/SpA for bulky offense.
>>
>>31070596
this
Bonus if it includes 50 streak code
>>
>>31070769
How do you make a QR code of your team? Is it possible yet?
>>
>>31070501
>incineroar used flare blitz
>lol fuck you bright powder bitch

Anon I'm so sorry...Fuck colress and his team.
>>
>tfw I get to floor 35 and get fissured by Dugtrio
it's not fair
>>
>>31070501

At least you can run into him, I keep making runs in an attempt to scout him and Anabel and can't find either. I even tried swapping my team before every special trainer battle to one where every member is weak to steel and I still couldn't get him.
>>
>>31070802

IIRC, QR code teams will be a thing when the Global Link updates alongside bank in January.
>>
File: megasteelix.jpg (48KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
megasteelix.jpg
48KB, 736x736px
>>31070236
Sure: HSSG-WWWW-WWW3-LWXY

>WHY DIDNT I JUST EARTHQUAKE
>>
>>31070683
Yeah my team is

Kartana (Lead) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
-Leaf Blade
-Sacred Sword
-X-Scissor
-Smart Strike

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd. / 4 Def
Naive Nature
-Dazzling Gleam
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Brave Bird

M-Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 Atk./ 252 Spd. / 4 Def.
Naughty Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Substitute
-Earthquake

Made it to floor 48 in Super Singles and got beat by a Oranguru who had Psychic Terrain and set up for M-Gardevoir but then got beat by a Gogoat because Kartana died because it was at 1 HP, Tapu Koko was dead and Gyarados couldn't do shit.
>>
>>31070658
Koko timid
Bulu adamant
Kartana jolly
Celesteela relaxed
>>
>>31070857
Run any combination that has fairy and ice types twice in your party. He will never leave you alone then.
>>
>>31070445
Because i don't use legendaries
>>
File: star fox.jpg (48KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
star fox.jpg
48KB, 720x720px
>>31070664
>oh this doesn't seem so bad
>porygon 2
>trace beast boost
>recover
>megamence
>earthquake

>earthquake...
>Not return or double edge

Anon wat? You literally had this!
>>
>get to 35 with team of Fairy Silvally/Chomp/Pyukumuku
>get swept and outsped by a fucking Pelipper
I feel empty inside.
>>
>>31070883
I didn't even watch the video but you have my eternal respect for posting my favorite Mon and my waifu in the same pic.
>>
>>31070915
not that guy , but I don't like using legendaries either but I make an exception for the battle tree because of the sheer amount of bullshit you encounter.
>>
>>31070911

So two Tapu's and Weaville?
>>
I finally got to battle 50 in super singles and mega x swept my ass. Fucking red
>>
>>31070938
>jasmine is perfect and steelix is one of my favourite pokemon
>bummed that steelix is ass and his mega is even worse
>lose to one

I really don't know how to feel about it anon
>>
>>31070857
I thought I was the only one not being able to find Anabel. I was beginning to think I was doing something wrong.
>>
>>31070897
That's pretty good actually. I don't have a gyrados though, maybe a garchomp will fill the role, or a toxapex.
>>
>>31070883
>HSSG-WWWW-WWW3-LWXY
...how do we watch these?
>>
File: 1468030219456.jpg (208KB, 734x950px) Image search: [Google]
1468030219456.jpg
208KB, 734x950px
>>31070964
Just fap to Jasmine and keep playing the Tree.
>>
>>31070991
Got to festival plaza
go inside castle
check the laptop
>>
IM ON BATTLE 30 AGAINST COLRESS AND HE SENT OUT METAGROSS AGAINST MY TAPU FINI WHAT DO I DO
MY KARTANA IS DEAD BECAUSE FREEZE HAX AND MY OTHER POKEMON IS GARCHOMP
>>
>>31070857
>>31070967
I can't seem to find anabel either, it's not fair

>>31070991
you have to go to the PC inside festival plaza. Yes I know it's dumb.
>>
>>31071000
thanks, anon
>>
>>31070897
Very similar to mine but I use Aegislash instead of Kartana. I made it to level 78 but lost to 7 turns freeze and a crit. I have Koko lead with focus sash + U-turn + Toxic. Toxic is a must to make sure Rotom and other stall shits die. Aegislash + leftover can stall them forever. Also, I suggest Crunch on Gya.
>>
>>31070883
>this video cannot be found.

Pretty sure I typed it in correctly
>>
So if we do start putting teams into the OP's. Here's my singles that got to 62.

Mimikyu@Life Orb
Jolly
Max attack/speed.
-Shadow Claw
-Play Rough
-Shadow Sneak
-Swords Dance

Salamence@Salamencite
Adamant
Max attack and speed.
-Dragon Claw
-Double Edge
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

Tapu Lele@Choice Scarf
Modest
Max sp.atk and speed
-Psychic
-Moonblast
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball.

Mimikyu swept half of that solo;
>>
>>31070961

More dominantly ice, because he has 3 steel types in his team pool.

Since I ran alolan ninetails, and primarina, AND a weavile, that's:

Ice/Fairy
Water/Fairy
Ice/Dark

Incinerator is there to counter the counter attack teams, but of course I get fucked with RNG. I've gotten pretty far with this team multiple times in the high 30's, but I get shut down by RNG hacks every time.

Going to cave and train up my Tapufini to level 100 so I can hyper train it and stop getting fucked so hard. Primarina is great, but it's too slow and gets off misty terrain as the end of the turn instead of near the beginning. I also waste a move doing it.

Fini fixes that problem all together.
>>
>>31071054

Fears over I.V scaling affecting scouted trainers aside, I only need a team to get to 11 so I can do scouting, long term viability is nothing.
>>
>>31071005
It's over anon. You can't disagree with this fact.
>>
>>31070883
>>31071042
my bad, meant to be a 7 at the end instead of a Y

>HSSG-WWWW-WWW3-LWX7
>>
>>31071090
I FUCKED UP
I THOUGHT IT WAS THE MEGA-METAGROSS SET BUT IT WAS THE OTHER ONE SO I SWITCHED TO GARCHOMP TO EARTHQUAKE IT BUT IT.
FUCKING.
EXPLODED.
LEAVING GARCHOMP WITH 8 HEALTH
I KILLED IT BUT THEN IT HAD MUK WHICH SHADOW SNEAKED ITS WAY TO VICTORY
FUCKING LIECHI BERRY
>>
Not the best, but got me to floor 35 on account of two of the three members being god like sweepers.

Mimikyu@Life Orb
Adamant
Max attack/speed.
-Shadow Claw
-Play Rough
-Leech Life
-Swords Dance

Kangaskhan@Kangaskhanite
Adamant
Max attack and speed.
-Fake-out
-Return
-Earthquake
-Crunch

Garchomp@Rocky Helmet
Jolly
Max atk and speed
-Dragon claw
-Swords Dance
-Crunch
-Earthquake
>>
>>31071136

And Colress claims yet another victim.

Who's more of a nightmare? Him or fucking Wally?

I hate them both.
>>
Got to 38 today with Kartana, Megamence, Garchomp and a fucking Greninja gets 3 blizzards in a row and kills everyone
>>
>>31071197

>Having two 4x weaknesses on one team in a facility.

You asked for it.
>>
>>31071197
>Having two Pokemon with the same double weakness
Don't ever do this again. You're literally begging to get swept.
>>
>>31071222
Yeah I might replace Garchomp with Lele or Fini. I haven't made a good Fini set yet. Kartana took care of Ice and Fairy types but I knew a water would get me with a surprise ice move.
>>
>>31071368
chomp>megamence
at least in my experience thats true
>>
>>31071094
>no u-turn on koko
>that unexpected cpu switch
>steelix cheesing with that sliver of health
>Desperate z move
>leftovers, stockpile, protect, leech seed
>Slow stalled to death

Anon i....
>>
>>31071405
120 speed alone makes megamence more useful for me. Intimidate and aerialiate are sweet bonuses
>>
>>31071217
three 4x weaknesses

Megamence appreciates Tapu Fini. Who the fuck uses Dragon attacks anyway. Press D-Edge to win.
>>
Which do you think is the easist mode in the battle tree?

Super Singles,Doubles or Multi?

I can tell you right now the worst one is Multi
>>
>>31071456
Singles was okay for me. But I have absolutely no idea how to play Doubles.
>>
>>31071456
Doubles is easier to break. Opponents also don't seem to have coherent strategies like you can.
>>
>>31071447
>Who the fuck uses Dragon attacks anyway.
Hey stab coverage is stab coverage. Especially since mummy fucks over aerilate.
>Press D-Edge to win.
I'll stick with return. Double edge's recoil has fucked me over too much

>>31071456
Doubles is definetly the easiest. More freedom to bypass certain bullshit mon.
>>
>>31071456
Multi if you have a partner that complements your team or at least distracts the ai long enough for you to sweep.
>>
>>31071413
Why would I waste a move-slot on u-turn?
>>
>>31071446
most of the battle tree composes of sub 90 speed pokemon. trust me, garchomp is fast enough to outspeed most.
i personally ran mimikyu as a lead with swords dance chomp as back up and used a staller. mega sableye and toxapex both worked well. got to 50 in singles with that
>>
>>31071506
Dragon attacks are not quite up there in terms of reliability.

80 bp D Claw misses ohkos even at +1
100bp D Rush misses period
120bp Outrage has the element of confusion that adds rng for the game to fuck you over with. Also not reliable in doubles.
>>
>>31071511
>U-turn
>A waste

Anon wat? Nothing is immune to it. Hits grass, psychics, and dark types pretty hard with life orb, Let's you escape earthquake bait when to switch to salamence so it can intimidate. What's not to love?
>>
>>31071456

General consesus from last gen was

>Multi with human partner.
>Doubles
>Singles
>Multi with A.I Partner

Granted that's definately changed since enemies use megas now.
>>
>>31070546
>>31070590
>tfw mine is timid as well
is this salvageable?
>>
>>31071512
Don't get me wrong I don't disagree but high streaks will have mega mon and legends that will more than likely outspeed anything you have on hand.

>>31071553
I know but stab is stab and it's good to have on hand for emergencies and other dragons
>>
If someone can give me a suggestion for this team for doubles that be great

Sassy Oranguru@Leftovers
Trick Room/Psychic/Instruct/Protect

Timid Tapu Koko@Life Orb
Thunderbolt/U-turn(had toxic on here before)/Dazzling gleam/Grassknot

Timid Xuriktree@ Air Balloon
Discharge/Dazzling Gleam/Protect/Energy

No 4th yet
Because as you guessed it, pokemon like mamoswine and strong ground types give me problems, you guys know a good 4th to synergize with this team and any suggestions?
>>
>>31071142
i'm going to try this :3
>>
Counter picking is done on a per round basis right? I:E if I'm trying to bait out a certain special trainer by flooding my team to weakness to their mons, can I just take a break right before the intervals of 10 and swap out a good team for the weakness riddled one?
>>
>>31071557
I mean I did consider it but volt-switch is much better for damage output and basically all of the ground types you'll encounter are physical attackers which Persian and Salamence can usually switch in safely on. Mega Camerupt is a different story but I really don't see U-turn being much help against him also my koko is timid.
>>
>>31071603
Scald anything or Top Bul (benefits Xurkitree E.Ball)
>>
>>31071456
More Pokemon on the field always makes it easier. In Maison Triples was by far the easiest, then Doubles, then Singles. In Battle Tree too Doubles are easier than Singles.

Man, I really miss Triples. All the cool strategies you could do there. Got my highest winning streaks there too.
>>
>>31071614
not sure if sarcasm or not, but hope it goes well
>>
>>31071142
>mimikyu w/ leech life
thats where you messed up, shadow sheak over leech life. also jolly is the preferred nature but thats up to personal choice i guess

>>31071629
i dont think the game counter picks against your team, people are probably just being paranoid
>>
>>31071629
There hasn't been any evidence in the previous battle facilities that shows that counter teaming is a thing. Don't think it's different this gen.
>>
>>31071643
Hey if it works for you keep at it. Just a minor suggestion.
>>
>>31071691
I'll give it a try if this run doesn't work out but I'll need to get it injected me for
>>
>>31071668
yeah, am running shadow sneak atm after i realized that there's not much point in having it considering how short the battles are. but the only place i messed up was by not having a pokemon immune to fissure.

bluh...
>>
>>31071603
I forgot to mention, the plan here is to go with Oranguru and Xurktiree and nuke everything( though tapu koko is a better lead I think) and hopefully win.

Mudsdale overcourse screws me over and I don't really have an answer for fast ice types

>>31071658
I was gonna run toxapex but then I remembered it's weak to ground
>>
>>31071721
oh man i feel you, the walrein meme is too real. having sheer cold and fissure really is cruel.
unless you are talking about dugtrio, i dont have experience with that yet
>>
>>31071771
I have yet to be bullshited by OHKO mon surprisingly. I pray it stays that way.
>>
About to go catch the Tapus, what natures are best for them? Any do any of them need to use Hidden Power?
>>
>>31071785
HP fire Lele is a thing but you're probably better off getting that injected.
>>
>>31071785

Koko needs HP Ice and he runs either naive or timid.

Lele is built with Modest for a scarf or Timid with specs, some like HP Fire on it.

Bulu is Adamant, no experience with Fini, most say bold but I've seen some run timid for faster calm mind.

You'll need to hyper train for Hidden power though, otherwise you'll hunt for years.
>>
>>31071784
they start showing up at around 40 for me
good luck pal, youll need it
>>
>Running Aurora Veil Ninetails in attempt to bait out Colress.
>Every other team runs brick break now.

Totally no counterpicking.
>>
>>31071829
But anon...I've already beat singles and at 100 doubles by some crazy miracles or 10
>>
Fuck Kiawe and fuck his Kangaskhan.
>>
>>31071838
see >>31071690
>>
So, what would be the ranking for battle tree pokemon/teams?

Is mega-salamence the undeniably strongest pokemon on the format?
>>
>>31071823
I have a hasty Koko

meta's gonna freak
>>
>>31071852
>Kiawe uses marowak
>kiawe uses megamon

I just now caught this.
>>
>>31071838
>some fucker comes out with Reflect Rotom
>I have Brick Break on my DD user

This is maybe the only time I'm glad I decided to use that move.
>>
>>31071914
Haters be damned brick break on 4x weaknesses like tyranitar is helpful as heck with mence
>>
>>31071808
Shouldn't take too long, nature's 100% guaranteed and I plan on bottle-capping it.

>>31071823
Thanks, funny that three out of four can be timid.
>>
>Run into Cynthia leading with Mega Luke.
>Beat it with Tapu Fini.
>Her Chomp comes out
>Was pleased as shit because I was looking for this scout.
>Fini outspeeds indicating its not a scarf Chomp.
>Win battle and don't waste the BP.

Why does the tree ever use multiple mega stones from a trainers pool of mons?
>>
Is there actually a save bug you can run into if you save in the tree?
>>
File: 1459149664970.gif (439KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1459149664970.gif
439KB, 640x360px
>>31071998
>grinding to level 100
>'Shouldn't take too long'

okay whatever you say anon
>>
>>31072032
because the game always counter picks your team!
in all seriousness though, the game can be really stupid
>>
adamant or jolly for salamence?
>>
>>31072101
Jolly. You want to be fast in the tree
>>
Alright lads, who do I take with mimikyu in singles? I want too cheat the AI logic with typings etc
>>
>>31072181

Mega Mence and Top Lel.
>>
>>31072195
Rightio, I've taken mega mence with him a bit cos I love that thing. Once I get to 40+ win I always get cheesed by someone.
>>
I've been researching for a good team and so far I know I have to have a Mega Salamence, but which Tapu do I use and is Mimikyu that good?
>>
>>31072229
yes, mimikyu is pretty amazing. probably lele for the tapu, although koko is almost never a bad choice
>>
>>31072229
Mimikyu is god like. Easily one of this gen's best mons based on its ability and Swords Dance alone.
>>
>>31072255
Should I use both for double battles? I haven't found much consistency in teams for that.
>>
>>31072257
>>31072255
adamant or jolly?
>>
>>31072229

The A.I sucks at dealing with disguise so they have a nasty habit of wasting Z moves or moves that require charging/recharging while disguise is up.
>>
I'm planning on challenging doubles battle tree with the sandslash/Ninetails combo but I'm having trouble deciding on my last 2.

My eventual plan is garchomp and gyarados but I still need to grind BP for the gyarados mega stone. I like the idea of an Intimidate+ Aurora veil combo to deal with fighting types that threaten sandslash.

In the meantime will garchomp+Muk with protect and black sludge get me by? Or should I just run Koko with chomp?
>>
File: 1472608935949.jpg (467KB, 2078x2107px) Image search: [Google]
1472608935949.jpg
467KB, 2078x2107px
>tfw almost lost to RNG and Attract Serperior

I won and I'm still mad
>>
>>31072273
i prefer jolly, speed is always nice to have. also youre getting essentially a free swords dance so attack is covered by that
>>
>>31072273

Jolly Mimikyu.
>>
>>31072293
>>31072295
how do i keep fucking up my natures this hard?
>>
>>31071886
hmm this seems fun

Megamence
Tapu Koko/Lele/Fini(?)
Mimikyu
Aegislash
Nhilego/Pheromosa/Buzzwole/Kartana
Garchomp
Primarina
Ash ninja

These are the most common I see being talked about aside from the frog
>>
Has anybody had any luck using Bewear in singles?
>>
>>31072480
I doubt it. He's not a reliable tank or a sweeper. He'd probably just get walled by anything with roost and he's got really limited coverage. You might be able to get away with a sleep talk+rest set (does this guy learn curse or knock off?) but other pokemon can probably fill that role better.
>>
>>31072480
It's pretty good at nuking. Fightnium-Z will straight up end things, and Thrash is reliable. It really suffers from low speed, but it has surprising bulk thanks to Fluffy.

Pair with a Mimikyu lead and a Mega of your choosing
>>
File: 1350800235347.jpg (21KB, 218x265px) Image search: [Google]
1350800235347.jpg
21KB, 218x265px
>Heat-Rotom uses Volt Switch on my Milotic
>switches to Arcanine
>Arcanine's Intimidate triggers Milotic's Competitive
>Arcanine OHKO'd on the spot with Scald
These retarded AI moments always remind me that the Battle Tree is just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.
>>
So I've been looking at teams tonight, and I'm thinking Wishiwashi doesnt fit what I need I think. I'm gonna give Tapu Fini and M-Salamence a shot, they seem to have really good synergy.

Would Mimikyu work well to fill a position? Or is there another recommendation?
>>
File: 1036612789920.jpg (19KB, 179x227px) Image search: [Google]
1036612789920.jpg
19KB, 179x227px
>Vespequin's Quick Claw activated!
>Vespequin used Protect!
>>
I need a good Doubles team recommendation anons, the catch being when Pokemon Bank comes out I want an old mon of mine (that sucks competitively) to get the Battle Tree's ribbons, which leaves me with only 3 good mons since it's gonna be tagging along.

What is the best party that can help me get both ribbons?
>>
>>31073109
What's the mon you're referring to? Better build a team that doesn't share a lot of weaknesses
>>
Hey guys, does anyone know what happens if you scout the same trainer twice in the Battle Tree?

Like if I scout Cynthia while she's using, say a Garchomp, Togekiss and Spiritomb

Then I rematch her again later on and she's using Milotic, Lucario and Togekiss, then I beat her and scout her

Would her Milotic/Lucario/Togekiss team overwrite the Garchomp/Togekiss/Spiritomb team?

Or would there be two different Cynthia's to choose from when I want to do a multi battle?
>>
>>31073134
Delcatty (I assume even with the new 90 speed it gets this gen it's still not gonna last 5 seconds on the field, even if it's EV trained)
>>
>>31073176
Well, it learns fake out, so you can pair that with a setup mon (SD garchomp, DD gyarados) to let it set up first turn, then switch out.
>>
>>31073135
Probably overwrites the previous Cynthia.
>>
>>31073135
it overwrites
>>
I'm playing through it my first time with Pokemon I traded for that are assuredly hacked. Playing through Singles

Tapu Kek timid
Regenerator Toxapex
and a Choice specs Sylveon.

I expected to get through four rounds but I'm at the 11th round surprisingly
>>
File: 1482775646697.gif (835KB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
1482775646697.gif
835KB, 499x281px
>>31073034
>fighting cynthia's milotic
>do persian parting-shot into salamence intimidate
>praying to god that megamence return ohko's the now +3 milotic
y-yeah dumb game haha
>>
File: 1447888636550.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447888636550.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>mfw paralyzed Kartana is faster than their entire team
>>
>>31073222
Are there any other 2 mons I could add as well, and maybe a hold item for Delcatty?
>>
>>31073311
Celesteela if you're using garchomp, and some special attacker. Koko or lele I guess. Focus sash on delcatty.
>>
>make it to 53 without seeing one ferrothorn
>drop alolan marowak for aegislash
>2 ferrothorn within the first 6 trainers
Don't try to tell me that it doesn't fucking know
>>
File: file.png (118KB, 414x529px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
118KB, 414x529px
this is now a hypno thread
>>
File: file.png (475KB, 589x734px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
475KB, 589x734px
>>
File: file.png (919KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
919KB, 1024x576px
>>
>>31070077
So, I got my ass handed to me on super doubles battle 42 by a shitty team decision on my part
And also got stalled to fucking death on super singles by Plumeria's Toxapex
I just don't know
I didn't even feel anger
I'm just dead inside at this point
Fuck
>>
Fuck me mega mence is overrated here. It's not even the best dragon for the tree let alone best mon in general
>>
WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS THIS
BULLSHIT MODE

>Floor 42 of Battle Tree
>M-Salamence gets burned and trades with Enemy Drapion dying
>Dhlemise comes out and send out Kartana and it trades in dying again
>Send out Tapu Koko
>Of all the Pokemon it can send out it sends out Venusaur

I'M SO MAD. I swear this game counterpicks your team as soon as you get to 40. I just want to get the damn battle pose at 50. I was doing so well.

BZZW-WWWW-WWW3-L9HF
>>
File: kokoro unhappy stare.jpg (249KB, 788x950px) Image search: [Google]
kokoro unhappy stare.jpg
249KB, 788x950px
>>31070236
This is the hardest I ever got rekt. I thought I could make this team work but Mega Lopunny outspeeds every single mon in my team.

454G-WWWW-WWW3-L9P8
>>
>>31073623
>>31070236
Here's my loss. I'm so damn salty that M-Venusaur had to come out of all Pokemon against Tapu Koko.
>>
>>31073623
>I just want to get the damn battle pose at 50
Why not do doubles? It's so much easier to control the bullshit thrown at you.
>>
>>31073840
Because I also want the stamp they give you once you beat 50..
>>
>Floor 60-something in singles
> Send out Mimikyu, the opponent sends out a fucking Thundurus.
>Get 2015 PTSD
>Mimikyu struggles with that bitch for a while and dies leaving him in red
>Send out Salamence
>Opponent switches it out for a fucking zapdos
>Mega Mence struggles with it for a while until he dies, leaving Zapdos in red again
>Sends out Celesteela
>Celesteela annyhilates Zapdos, gets a SP AT boost, Thundurus comes out, uses taunt like a noob, Celesteela kills him, gets another SP AT boost
>Opponent last mon is a Suicune, Celesteela uses Giga Drain, leaving it in red
>Suicune uses Mirror coat.

Fuck my life.
>>
>>31074047
sounds fucked, got the replay?
>>
Got my stamp for 50 streaks in super singles.
Now about to take on doubles. Tips?
>>
I've seen some guy using Silvally-MegaMence-Aegislash to get get a 450 streak.

What are solid choices for a team to not get shit on?
Same for doubles/multi
>>
>>31074074
What was your singles team?
>>
>>31074062
Sadly, I don't, but what I wrote is basically how the battle was, I hope it makes it easy to imagine how the battle was
>>
>>31074075
I always wonder how teams like that deal with that one bullshit veteran that has a ton of fast electric/flying mons with really high special attack, like the genie or Zapdos.
>>
>>31074100
ahh, all good. I just wanted to look at zapdos' model ingame
>>
>>31074074
If you like Mega Mence, it's a wonderful mon for every mode in the tree, I paired one with a timid Lele for doubles (Pheromosa and Celesteela in the back), and with Mega Lucario for Multis (Arcanine and Lele in the back)

If you are lucky enough, both Cynthia and Anabel have Mega Lucario, you can try to scout them

In general, I think the best thing you can do in doubles is to be as aggressive as you can
>>
>>31074096
Mimikyu @ Red Card
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Fire Fang

Honestly I'm surprised I went that far with that.
>>
>>31074150
Interesting, what are the specific speed EVs on mimikyu for?
>>
>>31074158
Found it in a comp thread, meant to survive Garchomps, but the extra HP on that also lets it survive more in stuff in BT than the previous one I used.
>>
File: tmp_18244-images(4)-84395566.jpg (8KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_18244-images(4)-84395566.jpg
8KB, 213x237px
whoever mentioned using Fini is dead on. I made it to 40 using bulky calm mind Fini, life orb Salazzle, and expert belt hydreigon. Fini carried really hard
>>
Is a 30 instead of 31 good enough for Sp. Atk on Koko? He has 31 in HP, Sp. Def, and Speed. I don't know if I should reset or keep it. It's also Timid, but I can Synchonize it easily again.
>>
>>31074402
is one less SpA at lv50 good enough for you?
>>
>>31074426
I don't know, that's why I'm asking.
>>
File: words.jpg (65KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
words.jpg
65KB, 500x560px
>>31074402
>ever being happy with anything less than perfection

Release it
>>
>counter-teaming doesn't exist

Bull-fucking-shit. Over the past 6 battles, I faced 3 teams with all ice types. I have a team of persian, garchomp, celesteela, and tapu koko.

So, what's a good way to deal with ice types? I want to keep persian + garchomp, and I definitely want something immune to EQ. I like the idea of tapu fini, but I don't think that'll fit in with the rest.
>>
>>31074432

Just toyed around a little with the showdown calculator. Under most circumstances it doesn't matter but occasionally 31 does a percent or so more damage. So it all depends on how much time you're willing to burn trying to get that 31.
>>
If I see another fucking microwave using Confuse Ray
>>
Why are there so many Eveelutions with Hyper Beam?

Who ever runs Hyper Beam Jolteon?
>>
>>31074474
I am in the 40s with an Espeon, Smogonsword and Mega-Luke team and 4 battles in a row were lead by something that is either dark type or knows shadow ball.
>>
>>31074546

I ran into the same team. Ended my steak by Muddy Water accuracy hax and a fucking Leafeon used Giga Impact to kill my last Poke.
>>
>CB Archeops Head Smashing for 1 hit kills and suiciding
Fuck, why does that have 150 BP
>>
>>31074583
>a fucking Leafeon used Giga Impact to kill my last Poke.
I would never play this game again if that happened to me.
>>
File: smoko.jpg (79KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
smoko.jpg
79KB, 500x383px
>>31074559
>>31070236
Oh wow I just lost. Just look at that Nidoking outspeeding Espeon. Timid Max Speed Espeon outsped after 1 speed drop.

BY6W-WWWW-WWW3-LEJ5
>>
Found my team is speed boost or mega sharpedo weak

Dragonite @ lum
Ddance
Firepunch
Earth quake
Dragon claw

Aegislash @ leftovers
Kings shield
Sword dance
Iron head
shadowsneak

Starmie @ life orb
Hydro pump
Thunderbolt
Dazling gleam
Powergem

After a speed boost or two and a crunch def drop and my team was done
>>
File: 1482913585021.png (130KB, 249x241px) Image search: [Google]
1482913585021.png
130KB, 249x241px
Highest so far is 38 with a top bull, clefable and dhelmise
>>
>>31074627

>You were unlucky

The AI is just taunting at that point with a lost message like that
>>
>>31071456
Don't know about everyone else here but Singles was wayyyyy easier than Doubles for me. Multis now... Oh God, Multis...
>>
>>31071456
Multis was the easiest for me, as long as you have a friend to play through it with you, it's a piece of cake.

In Multis you have the chance to go for a dobule mega + double z move if you want, also, the AI usually fucks itself by, for example, setting up trick room for one team while the other one is fast AF
>>
>>31071690
They do. If not against your team, then at the very least they're most likely gonna lead with something that counters the last Pokémon you had on the field with a type advantage or coverage move. You haven't put enough hours into Battle Tree if this isn't apparent to you yet.
>>
I've beat Super Singles and now aiming for Doubles.
Planning to use Torkoal and Oranguru for TR + Eruption + Instruct. Any suggestion for the other 2 ?
>>
>>31074980
Bring a ground type, or a grass type, never trust bulky waters, or fire absorving mons
>>
>>31075014
How about Gastrodon and Bulu ?
>>
File: remipc.jpg (190KB, 962x1372px) Image search: [Google]
remipc.jpg
190KB, 962x1372px
>tfw you use Tapu Lele with Terrain Extender and Taunt

Secret meta
>>
>>31074905
I got a streak of 350 in doubles with a team with notable weaknesses and didn't notice any counter teaming so maybe you should just build better teams that don't lose to everything?
>>
>>31075087
I instantly believe it.
>>
File: 1470227004610.png (184KB, 439x478px) Image search: [Google]
1470227004610.png
184KB, 439x478px
>>31075087
>>
File: 20161228_201602.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161228_201602.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>31075092
>>31075096
>>
>>31075108
share your team anon

>>31075092 >>31075096 kek rekt
>>
>>31075108
Were you the guy who spammed Discharge with Koko while the monkey used Instruct? I remember someone posting about recking everything with it.
>>
>>31073705
>no scarfed lele
>focus sash
>mega bunny out of nowhere
>High jump murder oragami
>sweet kiss > ice punch FU

The last one was just plain insulting.

>>31073623
>fire fang actually burned
>Anchor takes out ceesteelia
>hard counter venusaur vs koko
>lol FU get subbed and gunk shot'd

So close...yet so far. Not that it matters but thunder bolt would have hit somewhat harder than dazzling gleam against that anchor and Venusaur

>>31074627
>lefties instead of lifeorb on espeon
>MegaCario not having psychic on hand for fighting types
>Chesnaught bullshitting surviving that close combat

Hindsights 20/20 desu
>>
>>31075117
Not sure if there's much point, I used lando-t which is obviously unavailable at this point so doubt it'll be of much help. Can if you want though
>>
is there a point going over 50 wins?
the battle tree is nothing but ball busting
>>
>>31075181
You get something at 100 and 200 wins.
>>
>>31075181
the thrill of adventure?

I hate the fact you HAVE to lose to get streak items instead of the lady giving them to you once you reach a certain amount. I want my lansat berry and ability capsule but I don't want to lose on purpose.
>>
Alright, I was hoping to get through the Tree without resorting to legendaries or UB's but the bullshit is off the charts. Going to starts using Tapu Fini to try and counter at least some of the bullshit with Misty Terrain (fuck you confuse ray).

Please, give me your best Tapu Fini sets /vp/. My current guy has shit IV's so I'm going to ave to train him to 100 and use bottle caps.
>>
>>31075241
Bold with all EV into HP and Def.

Leftovers

Scald/Surf
Calm Mind
Moonblast
Ice Beam
>>
I made it to 37 straight wins before a fucking Pelipper outsped and one shot my jolly mega-mence with Blizzard.
How do I even fight this?
>>
>>31075319
>Tapu Koko used Thunderbolt
>>
>>31075319
Yeah...gonna need some details there champ. None of the pelippers in the tree wear a choice scarf so either there was a tailwind or mence had its speed lowered.
>>
File: tumblr_oilxwfcHlq1qioqevo1_400.gif (2MB, 268x380px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oilxwfcHlq1qioqevo1_400.gif
2MB, 268x380px
>>31073034
>Raikou and sceptile
>Mega(PHYSICAL) Sceptile appears!
>Switch out megamence for primarina to no effect dragon claw
>raikou used thunder wave!
>Sceptile's lightning rod directed the attack and raised its special attack!

It's the small things...
>>
File: madosmile.jpg (190KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
madosmile.jpg
190KB, 450x450px
>Enemy Dusknoir can't use Trick Room because of the Taunt!
>>
>>31075353
Well, I know it wasn't scarfed because it used hurricane earlier to confuse and shut down my Mimikyu. I thought Mence would easily clean up that thing with double-edge. Unless I missed something, that thing went first and used the famous 100% accuracy battle tree blizzard.
I'm just wondering how's it possibly could go first. My mence was jolly 252 Spd with perfect speed IV. This shouldn't happen.
>>
>get to Red with Mimikyu, Xurkitree and Celesteela
>get btfo by Venusaur
>>
File: excited.jpg (23KB, 267x317px) Image search: [Google]
excited.jpg
23KB, 267x317px
>my Megamence against Marowak
>decide to just risk it and attack with double edge
>Marowak barely lives
>aww fuck RIP Megamence
>Marowak held up it's Red Card
>Megamence gets switched for Kartana
>Marowak used Smackdown
>deals 7 damage to Kartana
>kill it with Smart Strike
>get beast boost and kill his last mon as well
>>
>>31075353
>>31075463
Fuck, I just check the replay. It had set up a Tailwind. That explains the speed but not the accuracy. Hurricane and blizzard hit no problem despite the lack of their respective weathers. Man. Tapu Koko look so more appealing every day.
>>
>>31075521
Basically, always switch if you think opponent mon has 4x super effective moves, don't risk it, some shit can happen
>>
File: Screenshot_41.png (97KB, 1246x701px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_41.png
97KB, 1246x701px
>>31075463
Hmm....just checked again and yep pelipper-1 has tailwind. It set one up when you didn't notice and doubled it's shitty106 speed to 212. Something to look out for in the future
>>
>>31075521
Basically what this anon said. >>31075534. You see a potential 4x weakness coming at you, get the fuck out of there for something that can deal with it. Always expect bullshit to hit even if the accuracy is terrible.
>>
>>31075575
>>31075534
Thanks anons. There's still a lot I have to learn about the tree. If I want to get farther, I should probably start memorizing some of the sets the tree could use as counters.
>>
I feel like Battle Tree's difficulty is rough. I didn't unlock Super Singles until like my sixth or seventh attempt because I don't yet have anything truly competitive since I don't yet have BP to get items and shit. Like goddamn.
>>
>>31075241
I accomplished this with Minior, Toxapex and A-Marowak
>>
>>31075611
Agreed, regular battles are already brutal in the Tree since opponent no longer use baby or non-evod mon like in Maison
>>
>>31075605
>memorize

No need. Serebii handled that for you with a list of all the trainers and the pokemon they could potentially use.
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/battletree.shtml

And a damage calculator for the potential EV spreads https://turskain.github.io/
>>
File: 1481046091090.gif (738KB, 500x262px) Image search: [Google]
1481046091090.gif
738KB, 500x262px
I was running a super singles team with a 42 win streak.

Mega Pinsir - Hyper Cutter
Adamant / Pinsirite
252ATT/252SPD
Return
Quick Attack
Superpower
X-scissor

Arcanine -Intimidate
Impish / Choice Band
252HP/252DEF
Close Combat
Extreme Speed
Wild Charge
Flare Blitz

Gigalith - Sand Rush
Adamant / Assault Vest
252HP/136ATT/120DEF
Return
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Protect (would rather have heavy slam, but don't have it)
>>
>>31075799
Swap out gigalith for a fast special attacker like Starmie. Also, make Arcanine Adamant since it's running a Choice Band set.
>>
So this is my doubles team, and it sucks ass, especially since Megagross doesn't get Ice Punch to deal with all the damn Ground types the tree is throwing at Tapu Koko. What should I Change?

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA 252 Spe 4 Atk
Naive
-Discharge
-Dazzling Gleam
-U-Turn
-Brave Bird

Oranguru @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP 252 Def 4 Spd
Calm
-Instruct
-Taunt
-Foul Play
-Protect

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA 252 Spe
Modest
-Psyshock
-Moonblast
-Hidden Power Fire
-Shadow Ball

Metagross @ Metagrossite
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
Jolly
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbutt
-Earthquake
-Bullet Punch

The last two I just threw in from my singles team since I didn't really have shit for doubles. I'm thinking of replacing them both with maybe Garchomp or Mudsdale but Idk who else to pair them with. Some help please?
>>
>>31075905
>deal with all the damn Ground types the tree is throwing at Tapu Koko.

Tapu koko/lele can learn grass knot you know.
>>
>>31075868
Gigalith is probably one of my favorites though. He just tanks whatever hits it, while sandstorm chips away and I can switch in Arcanine for that extra intimidate.

Gigalith is a bit lackluster just because of his extremely poor movepool.
>>
>>31075932
I'm stupid, will teach Koko Grass Knot immediately, but I fell like I should still replace Lele and Metagross.
>>
>>31075868
Most of the time Arcanine is my second switch in, followed by gig, followed by Arcanine and back to gig (after Arcanine faints)
>>
Is Surf a TM now? If so where do I get it?
>>
>>31075978
Have you beat the game? fly to tapu fini's shine, run up to the exit, talk to the hidden maiden swimmers directly to the bottom left...right...whatever you can't miss them
>>
>>31075978
Poni Breaker Coast, in front of Ruins of Hope, beat the two trainers there, post game
>>
File: 1481912793180.jpg (66KB, 892x528px) Image search: [Google]
1481912793180.jpg
66KB, 892x528px
>>31070236
NZ5W-WWWW-WWW3-LP72

I never expected to see an offensive Blissey with ice beam. If my Megamence knew double-edge instead of return I could have won.
>>
File: bliss.png (15KB, 225x266px) Image search: [Google]
bliss.png
15KB, 225x266px
>>31076031
>Slaking goes down
>the evil bird of pain proceeds to make you suffer
>calm mind wars
>stall a thon
>calm minds actually make ice bean strong enough to kill
>No sacred sword on hand to fuck that blissey

Given her other blissey...Not sure which is worse.
>>
I want to make a baton pass quiver dance Ribombee for shenanigans with stored power espeon, but can't make up my mind on the EV spread.

Recommendations?
>>
File: 1482191982217.png (259KB, 900x819px) Image search: [Google]
1482191982217.png
259KB, 900x819px
>>31075464
>Celesteela btfo by Venusaur
Explain yourself.
>>
>>31076167
this is some gen 2 shit
>>
Timid Tapu Koko + Life Orb
>Discharge, Dazzling Gleam, Grass Knot, filler
Timid Telepathy Oranguru + Choice Scarf
>Instruct, filler
Timid Starmie + Expert Belt
>Surf, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam
Filler
>filler

Super Doubles: Y/N? I'm also open to what to replace the filler with.
>>
>>31075181

Berries, egotism, better scouting, mass BP farming.
>>
>>31077100
Give Tapu Thunderbolt instead of discharge, since discharge will murder your starmie if you're in a bad position and need an electric move. The filler can be something physical that your team doesn't cover. If you really want to win, pair offensive Garchomp with Oranguru and with telepathy and instruct use earthquake to oblivion.
>>
>>31075418
Dusknoir is one of the those I mons I burst on sight, just because I never known what bullshit it might throw
I heard about one PP stalling two of some dudes mons with Substitute/Pain Split/Protect or some weird shenanigans
>>
>>31077432
Hm, how about making Thunderbolt its filler move instead of outright replacing Discharge? The idea was to murder things as quickly as possible with spread moves, and replacing the filler move gives me both options.

Garchomp sounds like a good idea; any idea what item I should run for it? I was thinking Lum Berry or Choice Band. Or maybe the Berry that reduce Ice-type damage? I usually play Singles if you couldn't tell.
>>
>>31077657
Oh, Tapu Koko might want Protect, though, if I'm going to be running Earthquake Garchomp. This is 4MSS at its finest. I guess it's a toss-up between Thunderbolt and Protect for Tapu Koko's filler move. What do you recommend? I'm leaning towards Protect since I could just spam Dazzling Gleam or Protect against Surf if it has to be on the field at the same time as Starmie.
>>
>>31070236

>Try to upload video of Colress's Muk making me his little bitch by using minimize once and dodging every move I make for the next 8 turns.
>Battle video cannot be uploaded.

What illegal sets is that fuck using?
>>
File: 1477164328467.jpg (47KB, 640x577px) Image search: [Google]
1477164328467.jpg
47KB, 640x577px
Has anyone tried Extreme Evoboost passing in Battle Tree? I'd love to hear some experiences.
>>
>>31077980

It's pretty fun, I think it works best with Tapu Fini, or something like Lapras who has both Refresh + Shell Armor.

Eevee w/ Eevium-Z
HP, Speed
Timid

- Last Resort
- Baton Pass
- Stored Power
- Yawn / Wish / Round / Hidden Power

Stored Power is worth running just so you have a fallback in case you get Taunted and can't pass your boosts.

Fourth move can be Yawn to make your passes better, or Round to deal with Dark Types. Sableye and Spiritomb can wall you, so you can also just run a neutrally effective Hidden Power. Wish is also nice to let you use it, Baton Pass and then restore the health of whatever comes in after, good with something like Multiscale Dragonite.
>>
>Not even 3 wins in
>Gets Megahorned to death by Berry boosted Escavalier
Battle Tree was a mistake
>>
any singles team that doesn't use mimkyu and/or megamence and/or celesteela?

also, how does EV training work with exp share? Does everyone get the EVs? Even the SOS multiplier? What about power item boost, does that get passed?
>>
>>31078661
>Losing to a Pokemon with base 20 Speed
Bad teams were a mistake
>>
>>31078697
There are plenty of teams that can get you to 50 wins if they are well balanced. I used Dragon Dance Dragonite, Swords Dance Aegislash, and Choice Specs Tapu Fini for 100 wins on singles so you could try that.
And yes, everyone gets the same experience and EVs, but the power items only have effect on the Pokemon that holds them.
>>
File: 1482892214251.jpg (30KB, 594x460px) Image search: [Google]
1482892214251.jpg
30KB, 594x460px
>>31078850
>Xurkitree
>Ash Greninja
>Jolly Garchomp
>Bad team
>>
Is it really worth going over 50 wins in Super? I'm currently at 70 and i don't feel like continuing anymore, it just seems pointless.
>>
>>31078971
> Ash-Greninja
>Good Team
Pick one
>>
Currently at 25 in Super Multi-battle

Leading with Tapu koko/Life Orb and Dragonite in the Back, and my partner is Wally with a Mega Altaria and Magnezone. Here's one thing I learned from the Multi's so far, Try to get someone with megas but make sure they don't have set up moves, Altaria nukes everything with Gigidrain and Dragon rush but there has been close games because it rather set up then attack the opponent who literally has 1 hp left. Tapu Koko Nukes everything, but I'm wondering if I should take life orb off for more staying power, will I stop getting those OHKO if I take the life orb off? Or should I just replace it with something else? It's been really helpful but I find my HP goes down way too fast.
>>
>>31078971
Not that anon...but you did throw on flamethrower on for that rare occasion coverage on garchomp right? Probably can't pull it off like megamence tho
>>
>>31078971
How do you even manage to lose to a fucking Escavalier with that team?
>>
>>31078999
>Bragging
>Battle Points
>Trying your best to beat others and your own streaks
If none of these interest you then no, there's no point. Personally I like to try out different teams and see how far I can get.
>>
>>31078999
I just want the ribbons
>>
>>31078999

Enemies will be using better mons which means better scouts.
>>
>>31079177
Oh fuck, I completely forgot about scouting for Trainers. Might as well continue for a little while then.
>>
File: pudding.png (158KB, 490x607px) Image search: [Google]
pudding.png
158KB, 490x607px
>encounter a trainer with 2 or more pokemon with trick room in their movesets.
>literally have to kill them at all costs just to not get screwed over

These fuckers should not exist.
>>
Made it to 50 this morning with orbed kartana, megamence and honchkrow. All just to get swept with blizzard from rotom, it happened so fast
>>
>>31079374
Why Honchkrow? What set did you run on it?
>>
>>31078697
Aurora Veil Snow Warning Ninetales-A
Thunderbolt Z-Conversion Porygon-Z
Intimidate Salamence + Mega Stone

Replace the last one with something else if you don't like it.
>>
I'm new to this facility stuff. I've been getting between 35-45 wins or so with a team of Nihilego/Kartana/A-Greninja. Is there any way I can improve this team or should I scrap it and start over?
>>
File: C0yGs9cXAAAL4SU.jpg-large.jpg (139KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C0yGs9cXAAAL4SU.jpg-large.jpg
139KB, 768x1024px
Pheramosa
Mega-mance
Tapu- Fini

I literally ran through the tree like it was nothing, pheramosa being my mvp who out speed everything, and would 1 shot just about anything that didn't resist fighting moves, the only reason I ever lost was because from time to time I would miss a crucial high jump kick, making focus sash null and void.
>>
Ash-Greninja isn't that great in the tree. It flourishes in 6v6.
>>
>Run into trainer that would be ideal for scouting.
>Make dumb mistake and lose.

REEEE.
>>
>>31079648

Meant to respond too

>>31079557
>>
>>31079390
I just love him, I was basically running 3 moxies Kartana with beast boost
Then Salamence and krow with moxie, kartana held life orb so would ohko non stop, Salamence had mega stone and krow had absolutely nothing because I was running that combo for shits and gigs
>>
FUCKING FRIDGE REEEE

TCEW-WWWW-WWW3-M94P
>>
>>31079390
Sucker punch
Brave bird
Roost and mirror move(no superpower until transfer)
>>
>>31079629
What's your sets?
For comparison sake
>>
>>31079629
Is a Naive Pheramosa any good? Got mine off the GTS.

I don't think Defenses matter much for her considering she's so frail
>>
>>31079648
A-Greninja was my first consideration for the boot because of its need for a kill, but I can think of a couple times when its speed saved me from things that could outspeed my other two members.

Pheromosa could solve that problem for me, but I have Sun version.
>>
File: 1453561163967.jpg (72KB, 398x299px) Image search: [Google]
1453561163967.jpg
72KB, 398x299px
>tfw you came this close to being did in by freeze hax blizzard rotom and mega gengar tag team.
>the video cannot be uploaded

Every damn time I swear...
>>
>>31079801
Naive seems to be the preferred nature, Hasty might make it die to priority movies it would otherwise survive.

I think a couple people have tried Scarfed Naughty but dunno how well that works.
>>
File: 1481637978793.gif (995KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
1481637978793.gif
995KB, 500x550px
>>31078588
>last resort
>baton pass
>>
I just got my 50 against Red yesterday.

Mimikyu @ Focus Sash
Jolly
Play rough
Swords dance
Shadow claw
Shadow sneak

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold
Haze
Recover
Scald
Toxic

Not much trouble except for Red himself at battle 50. His Lapras dodged a Mimikyu hit or two (may have had Brightpowder), so Garchomp came to clean that up and got Char-X down enough to where Toxapex took it out with scald. Venasaur was tough with only Toxapex, I had to PP stall it until it Struggled itself to KO.

Otherwise, Mimikyu and Chomp just swept through pretty much everyone else, with Toxic stalling when rarely needed
>>
I refuse to enter this place again until I get my bankmons.

That being said, I found out I caught a hidden ability bagon in OmegaRuby, and MegaMence hits stupidly hard, so what's the best EV spread and moveset for her ?

>mfw Battle Tree NPC's use mega evolutions
>>
>>31080149
>moxie

Anon eww. You'll almost never get to use that in the tree and lose out on intimidate.
>>
>>31063017
>this fine gentleman posts his victory on the 180 or what floor
>it's with a fucking Drampa, badass as fuck
>check every other video since
>only retards barely managing to go further than 40
>seriously people even shit the bed at 10 and have the balls to post the video
Why is this shithole full of incompetent shit players? You barely see interesting stuff. Oh and for everyone who doesn't knows: everything below 40 is uninteresting shit no matter how fucking hard you shat your pants during the fight.
>>
>>31080149
>HA Bagon
You don't need the Moxie boost. The faux Defense buff from Intimidate is much better to have.
>>
>>31080003
do you know how eevium-z works?
>>
File: 1473822162851.gif (329KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1473822162851.gif
329KB, 450x253px
>tfw you reach a 10th match
>No colress, anabel, cynthia, wally in sight
>it's dexio, grimsley, guzma, mallow, for like the 7th time

I love these free moments of rest.
>>
>>31080186
>>31080248

Eh, fine. I was planning to breed her to get DDance. Still, M-Mence has so many choice but I don't know what to to pick, I want to abuse that bulk he has while I'm able to hit like a truck.
>>
>>31080276
Do you have to unlock Cynthia and Wally?
I fought Anabel so she should appear soon at least
>>
>>31080312

It's supposed to be completely random with everyone that isn't version exclusive available out of the gate.

I have yet to Run into Anabel despite making a daily streak of at least 30 for bottle cap farming.
>>
>>31080312
It's random ish. If your team is weak to theirs, they're much more likely to appear.
>>
>>31080284
Naughty Nature with 252 Atk/Spe EVs works well enough. I beat Super Singles without losing once. See >>31079392

I ran Double-Edge, Earthquake, Fire Blast, and Dragon Dance. However, I recommend dropping Dragon Dance for Roost. There were plenty of times where I wish I had recovery, thanks to Double-Edge nuking everything, and Dragon Dance never really saw use at all.
>>
>>31080236
Well, fuck you and your entire family
Seriously, eat a dick you fucking asshole
>>
Is Clefable a good poke for BT? What item, nature and moves should I select for?
>>
>>31080390
Is roost an egg move?
>>
>>31080003
(You)
>>
>>31080442
It's a TM
>>
>>31080449
what's a (you)?
>>
>>31080457
>>31080455
All right then, but no Dragon Claw? It would only get stab from DE at that point
>>
>>31080390
>Fire Blast
Literally begging to miss at the worst possible moment.
>>
>>31080449
>(You)
Such things don't exist anymore
>>
>>31080491
Would Fire Fang on an Adamant 252Att Mega-Mence be any better?
>>
whats the best was to grind my mons to level 50 for this? so far I'm fighting wild pokemon on poni island, it takes a long time
>>
Is Moody Smeargle good in battle tree? What moveset should I use?
>>
File: (You) don't exist.png (6KB, 353x101px) Image search: [Google]
(You) don't exist.png
6KB, 353x101px
>>31080511
I have no idea what you're implying here.

>>31080520
I'd run mixed, just replace Fire Blast with Flamethrower so you don't miss. Fire Fang has a chance to miss too and it's pathetically weak against physically bulky Mons like Skarmory. Also, with Flamethrower Ferrothorn doesn't hit you with Iron Barbs.
>>
>>31080556

>Using luck based builds in facilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1oBrDleuRE
>>
>>31080533

I just have the base form hold a lucky egg and grind the E4.
>>
File: hota.jpg (12KB, 474x473px) Image search: [Google]
hota.jpg
12KB, 474x473px
>swap in Mega Gengar against some Araquanid
>it uses Toxic, which does not work on Gengar
>use Taunt
>it can't do a move this turn because taunt
>use sludge bomb and poison it
>enemy Araquanid starts using Struggle because it does not have a single attacking move
>>
File: asdfdsafasdfasdf.jpg (9KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
asdfdsafasdfasdf.jpg
9KB, 240x210px
>>31080572
Wasn't moody bidoof banned in Smogon or some shit because it was OP or something?
>>
>>31080602
>smogon rules
>ingame

Pick one silly.
>>
>>31080602

It has the potential to be OP if you get lucky with it. Facilities throw so much different shit at you that you'll quickly run into something that meme builds counter entirely.
>>
>>31080602
Moody can raise evasion. Nothing triggers Smogon more than Evasion boosts.
>>
>>31080623

*counters your meme builds entirely.
>>
File: Life Orb.png (41KB, 554x271px) Image search: [Google]
Life Orb.png
41KB, 554x271px
>>31079308

I had the AI try and pull this shit on me - and they never tried it again.
>>
>>31080533

>Cut deals with friends to breed each others mons if possible.
>Feed every mon a rainbow bean.
>Lucky egg.
>E4.

That's all I got.
>>
>>31080592
I've faced that set too. It's Toxic / Stockpile / Double Team and probably Rest as its last move. Typical luck-based bullshit. There's also one Cresselia set in Maison that runs pretty much the same moveset, not sure if it made it to the Tree.
>>
>>31080490
It's the only STAB you need. When I say Double-Edge is a nuke, I meant it.

>>31080491
I only ever used it against things like Ferrothorn and Scizor—things you can afford a miss against and are doubly weak to Fire. The only time it would be a problem is when your HP was already crippled from Double-Edge which is why I recommended Roost.

>>31080559
Flamethrower might work instead (I haven't done any damage calcs against Battle Tree opponents), but I choose not to risk it and went for more power. I suppose if you run Roost like I've recommended, you can afford any 2HKOs that might cause.
>>
>>31080702
Rest + Stockpile is pure fucking cancer
I need a Haze user, and I'm edging further towards being a Tox shitter
Can't give up my Skallmory, though
>>
File: sdfgs.png (13KB, 426x260px) Image search: [Google]
sdfgs.png
13KB, 426x260px
>>31080702
>thinking GF wouldn't bring it back.
>>
>>31080533

Beans
Lucky Egg
If you have two versions on hand, trade between them.

Easiest solution is to grab a level 100 pokemon, turn Exp Share on and just blitz through the E4 - preferably with multi-hit attacks or Mold Breaker effects so you can bypass the Sturdy mons.
>>
NEW THREAD: >>31080834
>>
I hatched a shiny Popplio so I want to use it in Super Singles. Thinking about pairing it with Garchomp and Mega Scizor or Magnezone. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
>>
File: nuequestion.jpg (92KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
nuequestion.jpg
92KB, 800x800px
>finally managed to scout Anabel
>has a fucking scarf Entei with Solar Beam and a weakness policy Lucario
>her Mega Latios was not scouted

Is this the worst set Anabel can have? The fight against her was a complete joke too.
>>
>>31080910

You don't want her Mega Latios.
>>
>>31080910
Scarf Entei with Eruption is a free win, dude
Get a Flash Fire mon
>>
>>31080939
Time to breed some candles I guess.
>>
>>31080602

Not exactly. Moody is situationally overpowered- if it boosts stats that help the pokemon repeatedly- a bunch of +2 stat boosts at the end of the turn without any opportunity cost is incredibly overpowered.

It could also stack up boosts on stats that don't help the Pokemon, essentially doing nothing. It was banned primarily for removing the skill element from a match involving Moody, the luck factor rises dramatically and that was deemed non-competitive. Pokemon certainly has a luck factor to it but Moody was considered excessive.
>>
>>31077792
If you don't have a flying type then protect away. As for garchomp you want a life Orb, simply due to the combination of that and its stats allowing it to muscle through physically bulky mons with super effective hits, uninvested bulky Pokémon with neutral hits, and even weaker Pokémon with not very effective. A swords dance lets you pass through physically invested bulky mons with a neutral hit. One other thing to look out for is that with protect, I'm pretty sure moves like blizzard dazzling gleam and hyper voice then give garchomp the fully expanded dong when it only hits one Pokémon. That's why earthquake is good when you have a flying type/protect mon and the opponent has one.
>>
I fucking hate Multi Battles. The AI was doing perfectly fine until Battle 40, when I got locked in Tapu Lele's Psychic, and the last Pokemon happened to be A-Muk. My teammate was a Cobalion and instead of using Close Combat, it spammed Quick Guard until we both died. And I can't even upload the video. I am so pissed right now.
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.