[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well /vp/,its this thread again... Is she right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: Karen-chan.png (205KB, 380x700px) Image search: [Google]
Karen-chan.png
205KB, 380x700px
Well /vp/,its this thread again... Is she right?
>>
>>31069260
maybe
>>
>right?
stopped reading there
>>
File: 1466737117152.jpg (79KB, 378x365px) Image search: [Google]
1466737117152.jpg
79KB, 378x365px
>>31069260
Let's find out.
>>
>>31069260
No because playing Pokemon for "skill" is dumb. Do you play competitive Smash as well?
>>
>>31069286

Meant to ;ink this.
>>31067556
>>
>>31069289
well, see the thing is that _________________________________________________________________________________________
>>
>>31069289
Do you not play against people at all?
>>
>>31069260
A player who wins with a team of shitmons and a solid strategy infinitely more worthy of respect than a grindy button-mashing drone who wins using OU-tier stats as a crutch, so absolutely.
>>
>>31069357
And then they get curbstomped by someone of equal skill using good pokemon.
>>
>>31069260
Bitch don't even know what a dark type is. She can fuck right off.
>>
I want to believe that this is true, but Pokemon even in VGC shows that this will never be the case. Maybe in a perfect world.
>>
>>31069260
Within the world of pokemon, sure. The devs were going for the in-universe message they've been pushing since day 1, that pokemon are your friends and partners not tools of war. They weren't making any kind of statement deeper than that.
>>
>>
File: 1482832271637.png (466KB, 405x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482832271637.png
466KB, 405x600px
>>31069446
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>31069446
Yeah... I wouldn't follow his advice. Look where he ended up...

Also. Wrong quote? Wasn't there something about... the cards you're dealt blah blah blah
>>
>>31069260
If you don't use pokemon you actually like during the single player campaign, there's something wrong with you. Pokemon is piss easy, no matter the gen, you might as well use ones you like to look at.
>>
>>31069446
and now he is poor
>>
>>31069501
That's before you fight the rematch, the quote is from after you beat him in the rematch.
>>
>>31069381
Indeed, I never said stronger things weren't stronger. All you've done is re-iterated my point. You won partially because you had "good pokemon" with better stats, not necessarily a better strategy.

A team of magikarps and furrets isn't going to destroy a bunch of ubers, but I'll still harbor a little more respect for the poor fuck who tried and (maybe) put some thought into it than the other guy who basically did nothing more than pressed a button with a high-BP move's name on it to win.
>>
>>31069446
>>31069473
>meet Grimsley
>ask either heads, tails, or neither
>choose neither
>praises me because he was gonna get a skarmory to take the coin while it was in the air
>"A flipped coin doesnt always land on heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..."
I love connections like these.
>>
>>31069566
My faggot Skarmory ruined my life
>>
>>31069631
>Pick neither
>Expect some proper callback
>Duuuude, Skarmory lmao
>>
>>31069692
What, did you expect some 2deep4you philosophical answer?
>>
>>31069381
funfact:
1. people who are having fun get to play to a fuller potential than people who don't
2. part of the skill in pokemon is teambuilding. using premade teams nagate that part of a person skill.
>>
>>31069501
Where did he end up?
>>
wtf
grimsley and skarmory?
>>
File: roast.png (56KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
roast.png
56KB, 300x180px
>>31069715
No, I expected a level 100 Skarmory to come out of nowhere and whirlwind + spike stall my entire team to death
>>
I think this is correct. However, for the more competitive among us their favorites will obviously perform the best in the metagame. I don't know why people seem to think that Karenfaggotry and Smogonfaggotry must be at odds.
>>
>>31069631
nigga, are you drunk?
>>
>>31069715
I expected the coin to land on its side because I'm the player character and I'm always right.
>>
>>31069833
1. people can have fun while using things that aren't necessarily their favorite because battling itself is fun, if it wasn't no one would do it. Furthermore a lot of comp players come to like the pokemon they use, and there's a wide variety of viable pokemon at this point anyway.

2. Good teambuilding involves using good pokemon.
>>
>>31069873
What do you mean, Anon?
>>
>>31069946
skarmory.
>>
File: 1482652635388.jpg (77KB, 575x350px) Image search: [Google]
1482652635388.jpg
77KB, 575x350px
>>31069946
>>31069975
dude

s k a r m o r y
k
a
r
m
o
r
y
>>
>>31069975
>>31070027
Forgive me, but I'm still not getting it
>>
>>31069942
>1. people can have fun while using things that aren't necessarily their favorite because battling itself is fun, if it wasn't no one would do it. Furthermore a lot of comp players come to like the pokemon they use, and there's a wide variety of viable pokemon at this point anyway.
What's truly fun about using the same cookie cutter teams, sets and proven strategies over and over again? Maybe it's appealing to you, but it's definitely not appealing to a lot of other players. Nobody should be forced into a playstyle they don't enjoy, especially when it's a playstyle that stands in direct opposition to one of the most visible core themes of the franchise.

>2. Good teambuilding involves using good pokemon.
"Good" teambuilding is actually using your brain instead of picking whatever the hottest OU meme is and relying on its brawn as a crutch to support your incompetence.
>>
She is objectively wrong because Pokemon are made of hard numbers and "skill" can only overcome that when the opponent isn't anywhere near your skill level.
>>
>>31070179
I don't get it either, just playing along, but what I do know is that skarmory is a godly physical wall
>>
>>31070223
You are strawman-ing about "le evil smogon" too hard. Different people like different things.
>>
>>31069260
>looks at competitive meta cancer
Nope.
>>
>>31070356
>This team is made of my favorite-- Oh, we just got swept by Top Lel again.
>>
>>31070323
But I don't dislike Smogon at all, in fact I like it, if anything the tier system is great for Karenfags because it still lets you make competitive use of your weaker favorites, even if you can't necessarily build a team 100% full of them due to the tier limitations.

But I do dislike faggots that think a drone who "just uses good pokemon" is skilled or otherwise worthy of respect than someone who figured out a way to make their favorites shine despite their flaws, even if they ultimately didn't win.
>>
>>31069942
1. people will have more fun with their favorites, so they will use their own potential better. people who like pokemons after ware forced to use them is a bit like a stockholm syndrome (no offense nuzlockers, your case is different)

2. what makes a pokemon good? medicore bst so-so abilities and crippled moveset? no? than why can't i use movecombos i thought about because smogon deemed them 'unfair'? too hard for you? use 'good pokemons' lel.
tl;dr movesets and abilities are part of what makes a pokemon good.
>>
>>31070251
>in the anime a pikachu managed to electrify an onix
she was just born into the wrong pokemon world.
>>
>>31070425
Literally no one has brought up "respect" or whatever. You seem to be loudly hating at some random idea you picture in your mind rather than some factual situation.
>>
>>31069260
aint nothin wrong with using your favorites, but know their limits and use them in a tier they can thrive. every pokemon us usable in their tier.

>inb4 that one "MUH MEGA MAWILE" fag.

use regular mawile you degenerate
>>
>>31069357
The important part is winning though. LOSING with a team of shitmons is worse than losing with a team of Smogon all-stars. If you win? Well done, your favourites might be the next OU suspects.
>>
>>31070997
Did you even bother to read up in the comment chain before you started jumping in and trying to find a way to cry strawman like it was some kind of instant argument winner? It was literally the subject of my first post.

>>31073095
>LOSING with a team of shitmons is worse than losing with a team of Smogon all-stars.
That's kind of nonsensical and I don't really understand how you could think that at all, if you lost with a team of favorites you knew were shit, is that not to be expected? I'd be far more buttblasted if my autistic OU team got blown out in a casual battle.
>>
>>31069625
So you're like Hau. You don't try to win, so that when you inevitably lose, you don't have to blame yourself for your mistakes.

I feel sad for all the Garchomp fans out there. They probably like it for its badass design, but when they go to use it in battle, they get falsely accused of being a Smogonfag. This is the worst part about Karenfags; they lump in "strong Pokemon" with "favorite Pokemon who just so happen to be strong".
>>
Reminder that are can always be people who actually have all the so called cancer mons as their favourites and that favourite Pokemon does not mean shitmon by default.
>>
>>31069260
Yes, play mystery dungeon
>>
>obvious referring to in-game training
>/vp/ takes it to mean something about PvP battling

Every fucking time
>>
>>31070179
The fag started talking about skarmory from nowhere and he thought that he has a point
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.