[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vp/ Smogonfag vs Karenfag Tournament Sign Ups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: SFKF.png (39KB, 500x258px) Image search: [Google]
SFKF.png
39KB, 500x258px
Smogonfags vs Karenfags

Thousands of threads have been made here on /vp/. Its annoyed many of us here... and I've decided that it's time to settle the score.

There will be two separate tournaments.
The top 4 from each tournament will be representing their respective sides.

4 Smogonfags vs 4 Karenfags

How?

Well, these 4 will face off in what I will call a "team battle".

KF = Karenfag
SF = Smogonfag

It will go like this

SF1 vs KF1

SF1 wins with 2 Pokemon remaining.

SF1 (with the 2 Pokemon) vs KF2

KF2 wins with 5 Pokemon remaining.

SF2 vs KF2 (with the 5 remaining)

...and so on until SF4/KF4 loses.

So... let's get started.

Post your PokemonShowdown name below and pick which tournament you will be joining.

There will be a 32 Person Limit for each tournament. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Post below.
>>
>>31067556
What's the format? Someone's going to be playing out of their element when they have to go head to head SF vs. KF.
>>
>>31067600
Excellent question.

To make it fair, it'll be UU. Smogonfags can't OU whore and Karenfags get to use most of their bros.
>>
>>31067631
As a Karenfag myself, I'd gladly battle anyone using an OU team. I didn't shy away from Uber teams when I got them on Battle Spot either, although to be fair they were probably twelve years old.

I think most people would be fairly confident in taking on an OU team, since they tend to be fairly predictable anyways, unless their favorites consist entirely of the lowest tier or birds or something.

Sorry birdbros.
>>
Is there a date for this?

Also, name is Cedric157, running for Smogonfag
>>
>>31067631
That still seems questionable. Not sure if you've seen the tiers, but current UU is basically OU of last gen minus some stuff like Chomp and Lando-T.

Keldeo and Kyu-B are big ones.
>>
Sigh...
I miss those days when you just used the Pokemon you liked the most with moves that countered their checks, instead of using a list made by a website. I've never found the appeal of competitive battling, though I've tried it with some good results.
>>
I'm a Karenfag and all of my bros are in Ubers according to smogon standards. I can still participate right??
>>
>>31067730
you cant still use your own moveset and ev spread. its called being creative.
the smogon sets are there because thats how people think the said pokemon works best but if you creative enough anything can work.
>>
>>31067730
>Sigh...
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>31067738
yes :3 if you truly love them you csn use them anon ganbatte
>>
>>31067713
The tournaments will start January 6.
Maybe later if people still haven't signed up.

>>31067720
Huh. Well then. RIP Karenfags.
What do you Karenfags think? What tier?
You guys good on playing OU? Or do you want UU? Or something even lower? I don't want the Karenfags to get 4-0d.
>>
>>31067764
I love you anon. Wanna make babies?
>>
>>31067789
Karenfags will never be defeated, because we have the power of FRIENDSHIP on our side!

OU is probably the simplest solution.
>>
>>31067829

Eh. Alright OU it is. You sure you aren't falseflagging? Cause no Karenfags have signed up.
>>
>>31067556
I don't see the point. I use my favorites on Showdown but base them on smogon sets so they have a better chance of winning.
>>
>>31067860
I'm just replying to the thread. I don't play on Showdown. But if I did, as someone who doesn't just use the most popular Smogon 'mons, I wouldn't care if other people did.

You go ahead and do whatever you like, but as others have said, the tiers are a mess right now.
>>
>>31067873
The point is.... it's just for fun man.

Karenfag vs Smogonfag makes for an entertaining match.
>>
>>31067873
You know what.

The only option is really OU. I forgot that the tiers haven't really been established yet.
>>
>>31067860
I'm 99% sure it's a false flag. Overall, I don't see this competition permitting karenfags win anyway. Smogonfags and karenfags aren't really level opposites. I agree with >>31067873. I'm a smogonfag but still use the mons I want to use because I know how to make them work.

I think maybe the distinction you're looking for is cookie-cutter vs. self-built teams. I'm sooner the self-built team with my own preferences on the team despite being a smogonfag.
>>
>>31067989
Well. I'd consider you a "Karenfag" since you use your favorites and make them work.
>>
File: 1474661216093.png (231KB, 613x560px) Image search: [Google]
1474661216093.png
231KB, 613x560px
Who knew /vp/ was such a bore for tournaments.
>>
>>31067556
This is really an autitic thread.
Most karenfags doen't even care about showdown.
They just play the games for fun.
Fuck, if showdown means anything then Stallfags are the right ones.
>>
>>31067556
good idea, but to make it fair each battle will consist on two rounds:
the first round will be by smogonfag rules i.e sleep clause, no double team etc.
the second round will be by karenfag rules i.e not an actual battle but an essey contest about their pokemons.

because doing this only by smogonfag rules isn't fair.

ALT
AG, without rules at all.

because forcing the karenfags to playy by smogon rules won't prove anything.
>>
File: 1482544857538.jpg (489KB, 2000x1859px) Image search: [Google]
1482544857538.jpg
489KB, 2000x1859px
>>31067556
>tfw favorite pokemon are OU tier anyway
>>
>>31067556
But OP, I'm a karenfag myself.
I just happen to like Megamence, P-Don, Xerneas, Arceus, Mewtwo, and Zygarde Complete :^)
>>
Have you ever picked Pokemon for a competitive team not simply because of their statistical advantage and moveset, but because you liked that Pokemon?

Then you're a Karenfag. Nowhere in her speech does she prohibit using any kind of Pokemon, just relying on subjective labeling. If you have any modicum of skill, you can find a place on your team for a Pokemon you like and you probably have.

The only person who could be strictly defined as a "Smogonfag" would be someone who refuses to use anything not drafted from a 1500+ player cookiecutter copypaste team. The real point Karen was trying to make was that a skilled player values Pokemon subjectively not only for their personal value but their unique capabilities, limited as they might be in a realistic scenario.
>>
>>31067556
>battle by smogon rules
make it like that than:
if smogon sets the rules, the karen will set the tier to the micro level. if the karenfag is using 3UU, 2NU and 1BL3, thats how the smogonfag will build its team.
(he can only get preknowledge about ranking, not about the actual pokemons.)

the battles will be still in favor of smogon because of rules, but the karen care for their pokemon will be tasted; if they truly care for their team, it will show in how much thought and startegy they put into the battle.
>>
what if i'm a karenfag who only likes pokemon because they're OU and above?
>>
Smogonfags should be called Gentfags. Otherwise, it'd be weird to have a name based on a meta aspect and one based on a character
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.