[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We REQUIRE a Golisopod Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: arnaud-tegny-golisopod-38[1].jpg (62KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
arnaud-tegny-golisopod-38[1].jpg
62KB, 400x400px
The coolest mon this entire generation. Wimpod welcome too.
>>
>>31064531
That's a pretty rad model
>>
File: Golisopod.jpg (191KB, 900x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Golisopod.jpg
191KB, 900x1015px
>>
File: 1481896402786.jpg (152KB, 470x642px) Image search: [Google]
1481896402786.jpg
152KB, 470x642px
not enough art of them without guz
but it's kind of okay, because it's guz
>>
fookin prawns
>>
One of my favorite designs in the series. Too bad it got a crappy gimmick and is associated with /guz/ cancer.
>>
BIG MEATY CLAWS
>>
>>31064531
>such potential to be great but ruined by shitty ability.

It's not fair.
>>
>>31064793
It's gimmick can work really well when used right; it needs it's set and teammates to work with it though
>>
>>31064612
It's just a 3d render unfortunately :/
>>
>>31064793
Hmm, I can't think of a way for it to make sense thematically, but what if you got a free retreat when you put the opponent's pokemon at 50% or below.
>>
>>31068356
You don't need another gimmick ability. Just give it Battle Armor and you're golden.
>>
>>31065694
Eh, is not THAT shitty compared to other FUCK YOU abilities (Truant, Slow Start), It kinda works as a free switch-in if you know when the time comes
>>
>>31068374
True, but I felt like his ability should be inverted because that's what it felt like was thematically happening with his evolution. My proposed ability is like a weird pseudo u-turn to any damaging move, that could be good since you have more control over it.
>>
>>31068417
It's pretty fucking bad. Not as bad as the others, but it really hurts.
>>
>>31064531
>tfw wasted my fast ball on a golisopod
i wanted to have a cool ball on it so i could breed for a good golisopod but then i found out it sucks
>>
>>31064531
priority moves on this guy is a monster
>>
Anybody else want this line to join with nincada's line as a split evo that never learned to fly?
>>
>>31068356
Hit and run? Heck, it could stay as tactical retreat as far as the name goes. "The pokemon is an experienced fighter and knows when to back off in a fight, and does so after inflicting sufficient damage to the opponent to avoid the counterattack, letting an ally finish the job"? Obv more concise but it also seems to fit with the whole meditating at the bottom of the ocean thing.
>>
>>31069193
Cicadas have nothing to do with isopods.
>>
I've found that Golisopod complements Alolan Persian really nicely. Whenever Golisopod makes an emergency exit, you can have Persian use Parting Shot to bring Golisopod back in while also softening the foe up a bit, and if Golisopod takes a lot of damage, you can have ol' round-face use Z-Parting Shot to heal Golisopod.
>>
>>31068480
They could have at least changed it so that Golisopod gets to attack before returning, instead of immediately yanking it out if it goes below 50%.
>>
Why does it need to attack before it switches out? You have three priority moves, use one before you get knocked to 50% and have to switch, problem solved. It sounds like you all want to Leech Life your health back up in addition to the safe switch. That's cool and all, but people would cry OP and it would be nerfed to what we have now, so just deal with it. The ability is fine.
>>
>>31064531
But what if Emergency Exit worked like Baton Pass or Helping hand?
>>
File: 1397472460801.jpg (28KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
1397472460801.jpg
28KB, 500x451px
>>31070670
>weakness policy golisopod
>>
File: anchor arms.png (74KB, 486x473px) Image search: [Google]
anchor arms.png
74KB, 486x473px
>>
>>31069688
This so fucking hard
I can hardly ever risk using non-priority because I might get brought below half
My only reliable STAB as such is the weak-ass Aqua Jet

If I were able to use Liquidation or Leech Life knowing I'd at least get it off before fleeing, it'd save the mon's viability
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.