[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/heg/ - Bump General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 297
Thread images: 33

File: 1471960111440.png (75KB, 370x223px) Image search: [Google]
1471960111440.png
75KB, 370x223px
Notable romhacks: http://pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx

Making a romhack: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP
Gen 4-6 hack tools: http://pastebin.com/WvTzcdPR

RMXP/Essentials
Engine: http://pastebin.com/G5PdvaGD
Wiki: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Essentials_Wiki
Tilesets: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy%27s+DS+Style+Tilesets+RMXP+.rar
http://imgur.com/a/CiudS (WIP Gen 5 tiles)

Places to share fangames:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/
http://reliccastle.com/forums/
>>
File: CvznSmOWIAATpMF.jpg (95KB, 1037x1075px) Image search: [Google]
CvznSmOWIAATpMF.jpg
95KB, 1037x1075px
>A bump was already necessary
>>
Dead on arrival.
>>
How about a thread theme?
>>
>>31064961
/heg/ - Sage edition
>>
>>31064159
>>31064467
This isn't a general with constant new content like the anime or shuffle, so they will die if the OP doesn't post a conversation starter
>>
Are hacks for SM a thing now?

I'm sure a simple hack like enabling rematches for trainers or fighting Red, Blue or Cynthia outside of the tree with stronger teams would make the game a lot more replayable.
>>
>>31065186
I saw some hack on Pokécommunity for a hard mode, but haven't tried it and don't know if it's any good.
>>
I plan to have a unique theme for every gym leader you fight in my game. I want each song to match the characters, so I know I'll have to make each gym leader unique.

I thought I'd share the song I'm working on for my surfer-dude gym leader. It's a WIP right now, I plan to extend it.

https://clyp.it/c0po3i0q
>>
>>31067648
This is great.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n1581sXTRW1qzcxxq.jpg (24KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n1581sXTRW1qzcxxq.jpg
24KB, 301x267px
>>31067648
Bueno
>>
>>31067648
please make me route music
>>
How do you make custom pokemon cries?
>>
Bump~
>>
I'm looking over the resources of the Pastebin and Pokecommunity and I was curious to gauge interest in this hack I was thinking of and wanted to know if there was anything else like it.

I wanted to make a Doubles focused hack similar to Colosseum and Gale of Darkness. Doubles focused with a limited Pokemon selection to force the player to evaluate his options better. So I'm curious if there's anything else like that out there at the moment? I assume Emerald would be the best base, so, I've been mainly focusing on those resources, however, I'm open to anything right now.
>>
>>31072664
Emeral is your best bet, but you could set doubles encounters for all trainers in every game through gen 5
>>
File: Vaporeon.png (57KB, 243x258px) Image search: [Google]
Vaporeon.png
57KB, 243x258px
Thanks OP!
>>
>>31074273
For what?
>>
I want to develop city and town names using combinations of Greek letters and metals:

Lambada Town
Alpherum City
Colbelta Pier
Iridelta Town

Good idea?
Y/N
>>
My pokemon fire red 801 romhack is almost finished. The pattern on the game is slightly varied too. I make the player skip they cave parts. Also, the trainers are always above the your pokemon. The starters are pansear, oddish, and psyduck. It might get released withing the next few days. Its called pokeblue fire red. The gym types are changed too. Brock uses grass pokemon and his signature pokemon is rowlet. I hope you guys like it. I have spent alot of my time on it. It also has day/night, physical/special split, and gen 6 exp share
>>
>>31074956
>The starters are pansear, oddish, and psyduck
Why the inconsistency? It'd make more sense to just have the 3 monkeys as starters. At the very least you could swap out Oddish for a 2-stage grass line to match the other starters being 2-stage lines.
>>
>>31075093
Because i wanted some variety. In fact, most pokemon you can't find in more than one route
>>
File: ice_cave.jpg (76KB, 257x219px) Image search: [Google]
ice_cave.jpg
76KB, 257x219px
Hey guys! I would like to create ice cave puzzles using Pokémon Essentials, but it appears that ice floors weren't completely coded. In particular, pushing rocks on ice doesn't work as it should: the rocks don't slide. I tried changing the way they work by imitating the code for the character's sliding, but I failed. Could someone help me with this? I'm shit at programing!
>>
>>31074601
Yes.
>>
>>31074601
Good names, nigger.

>>31075200
Is there any instance of main games that let you push rocks on ice, as opossed to pushing them through holes in the floor? Either way, mess with Kernel.pbSlideOnIce. Not on my computer right now, sorry.
>>
>>31074956
Sounds like trash and reeks of bait
>>
I wanted to talk about shoving as many pokemon in a game as feasible. I think all 802 is retarded unless you've got a fuck-huge region...but how do you level effectively? Scaling levels would be the best solution obviously, but that's something beyond my amateur reckoning.
I would think you would simply make multiple maps per route, side by side. For example, Route 1 would be the middle main path and there would be optional exploratory maps connected on the sides with other shitmons and common crap along the way. To make it interesting you can add trainers in these new maps, but then it comes to expanding the number of trainers and flags - documentation exists for this. You'd end up with a massive, possibly inflated region, but I feel that this could work.
>>
Are there any hacks yet like Theta Emerald EX? Stuff with shit ton of pokemon is great for nuzlockes.
>>
Good afternoon, /heg/. What are the latest dramas?
>>
In Essentials, can you make music loop from a certain point? Or can you only make music loop from the beginning?
>>
>>31080199
You need the Steam version of RMXP. The pirated version lacks compatibility for specially looping audio.
>>
If you have to bump these threads so much, maybe it's a hint that nobody wants this on the board.
>>
>>31080347
You can say that about almost every general though. Plenty of people use this thread, it's obviously just going to be less active than other generals.
>>
>>31080347
The issue is that the OP doesn't start the thread with a topic.
>>
>>31080347
>>31080518
Thread topic: How can we get more people to post in these threads?
>>
>>31080550
Maybe a discussion of other fangames? Prism, Uranium, Reborn, Sage, etc
>>
i want to make a hack. best way to run windows on a mac?
>>
>>31064129
>http://imgur.com/a/CiudS (WIP Gen 5 tiles)
Why has this been unfinished for 4 years now? I have literally never seen a single person who bothered to rip BW2 entirely. They always give up midway through.
>>
>>31075916
>Is there any instance of main games that let you push rocks on ice

Maybe not in vanilla Gen 2, but I've seen multiple Gen 2 hacks with that as a gimmick.
>>
>>31081071
I just added that six months ago...
I've had other things to do before I got to ripping every gen 5 tile for all four seasons
>>
File: mockup_01.png (48KB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
mockup_01.png
48KB, 384x216px
What do you guys think about it?
>>
>>31081377
looks kind of bizarre

but very unique
>>
>>31081377
shiett, looks great to me as is. UI can be pushed a bit more though.
>>
>>31081397
Thanks, man. I'll try to make it better. Even though I want to keep it minimal, it's not an excuse to make it boring and unattractive. The sky and the pattern background in the box below will move, but I'm still having some trouble with the monster info boxes.

>>31081393
T-thanks!
>>
>>31080550
>>31080896
Start the thread off by showcasing a new ROM hack and an Essential game. Maybe get an OP to do an abridged playthrough of one of the games to keep the thread bumping without just making vapid bump posts.
>>
>>31081377
UI looks pretty bad in my opinion, but if you're just getting the bones working without working on aesthetics then it's fine. Tanuki a cute, other fakemon look bland.
>>
>>31081484
This desu
I'm working on doing something
>>
>>31081632
Do you have any reference for the interface? I totally agree with you in both subjects. Thanks.
>>
File: charon thumbs up.png (164KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
charon thumbs up.png
164KB, 500x715px
>>31081377
Love that Tanuki
>>
>>31081761
I just think the way it's all squares is bad. Having solid colors for the boxes and borders around them would probably help. The HP and EXP bars should also be shorter so the HP number doesn't overlap with it.

Basically, look at Emerald's design. You don't have to copy it wholesale, but it has solid boxes with clear borders and rounded edges. It definitely feels less "blocky" despite it essentially being a series of rectangles like in your mockup.
>>
>>31076679
Meh
>>
>>31081921
About the borders, it sounds very reasonable, anon. I'll try it. Thanks again.

For the gauges, I'll have to think a little bit more, since the battle system will work differently than Pokémon's and checking numbers would be helpful (even though you can turn it off in the options).
>>
>>31067648
Finally, I finished the song. I made it so it loops to the very beginning.

https://clyp.it/mv0xy0v1
>>
>>31082440
How do you do this? It's great! Almos Hawaii 5 0 style.
>>
>>31082537
I use a combination of two things. I make a midi file in Guitar Pro 5. Export that midi, and then put the midi file through an online converter (Solmire.com).

I do that a lot as the song comes along more and more so that I can adjust for balancing.
>>
>>31078646
It depends on the region's size, but I feel like once you're in the ballpark of 400 Pokémon you're probably near the limit for balancing diversity with practical distribution.
Kalos had 450 in its regional dex but as much as Gen VI deserves to be shit on, they did just about as well as they could do to have an extremely diverse region without it feeling stuffed or making you grind for <5% encounters on every route.

If you're dealing with a super-region like Johto + Kanto or Kanto + Sevii Islands, it's obviously easier to increase the diversity, but as a game designer you then have to consider which Pokémon you want to essentially restrict to being post-game only.
And of course it's pretty hard to have two regions, or something of equivalent size, and keep a decent level curve going. Anyone could probably handle it better than Gen II did though.
>>
>>31081356
Oh I wasn't just talking about you, but people in general. BW2 have been out for 4 years, and no one has done it yet.
>>
File: 1481648807370.jpg (13KB, 233x204px) Image search: [Google]
1481648807370.jpg
13KB, 233x204px
>>31082825
Just give me a region where Regional Birds/Bugs/Rodents don't infest every fucking route all the way up until the sixth gym or so.
>>
>>31082642
Thanks, man. Sounds great!
>>
>>31083011
That was one thing Unova and Kalos did right, you hardly saw the rodents or birds past the first Gym.
Meanwhile Alola has Yungoos fucking everywhere, I get that they're supposed to be an invasive species but they could have contained them to Melemele.
>>
>>31082932
Because it takes a ton of work to format every tile for RMXP in general
There's very few custom resources like tiles to begin with
>>
>>31081377
It looks like a "pokemon" game that would appear on the Chinese app store.
>>
PPRE is giving me some weird errors, it can't export rom, what should I do?
Example:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "editpokemon.pyc", line 198, in create
File "editpokemon.pyc", line 97, in __init__
KeyError: 'Platinum'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ppre.py", line 235, in exportRom
File "ppre.py", line 247, in exportRomTo
File "ndstool.pyc", line 18, in build
File "subprocess.pyc", line 493, in call
File "subprocess.pyc", line 679, in __init__
File "subprocess.pyc", line 855, in _execute_child
File "subprocess.pyc", line 615, in list2cmdline
TypeError: sequence item 20: expected string, QString found
>>
>>31082825
>once you're in the ballpark of 400 Pokémon you're probably near the limit for balancing diversity with practical distribution.
I agree with this. Personally, I also find even 386 to be a bit much and would much prefer to round it out to 250-300. A huge problem I have with some hacks is the need to shove every Legendary possible for the sake of completion. It usually results in crapping them out in a simple, one room cavern with a basic script attached, and that's...lazy.
>you then have to consider which Pokémon you want to essentially restrict to being post-game only.
I think only powerful stage 3 Pokemon, rare or otherwise unique - these are good Pokemon to have in a "Mt. Silver" or Cerulean Cave style post-game. Things like fully evolved fossils, fully evolved starters and/or their base forms, fully evolved pseudos, trade evolutions, etc.
>>
>>31084445
;-(
>>
Found this old pastebin. http://pastebin.com/0VB0v7Hc
Did someone ever reupload a cia of Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire on 2.0?
>>
>>31082440
Holy shit this sounds great. I loved the trumpets around the middle.
>>
>>31082440
Good stuff, m80
>>
File: IMG_1755.png (773KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1755.png
773KB, 2048x2048px
>>31074956
Alright, its finished https://www.mediafire.com/?75blkxvdnbf8u45
You guys can play test it
>>
File: pokeblue.png (14KB, 750x675px) Image search: [Google]
pokeblue.png
14KB, 750x675px
>>31088782
just a minor problem i found, its the same for all three of them btw
>>
>>31089450
It should be fixed now
>>
Bumping to ask for the possibility of a SM mod or hack that enables rematches for trainers or fighting Red, Blue or Cynthia outside of the tree with stronger teams.
>>
>>31090146
Dunno but that'd be a cool concept
Also,
Pepsi Maaaaaaan
https://youtu.be/X22RNllSLYM
>>
>>31088782
EVERYONE! REDOWNLOAD THE ROM. There was a huge bug i just fixed
>>
>>31067648
So...like is this 8-bit style the only thing capable for use in say, Essentials? Is Gen 6 and 7 music not compatible or what?
>>
Hey Max, is it possible to include the 3d models in a pokemon essentials game? Like how Showdown has the 3d models, but the 2d backdrop?
>>
>>31067648

I like the scheme of the song, but the guitar fretting sounds a little choppy/clippy. You might want to find some way to smooth that out.
>>
Can you make proper custom romhacks for 5th Gen or is 4th the cutoff due to the amount of detail and work involved? I'm talking like making custom settings, character models, etc.
>>
>>31092567
>capable for use in say, Essentials
Essentials is just RPGMaker XP, which should be capable of using MP3 files, last I checked. It has been awhile. In fact, I don't think it uses a soundboard at all. Previous versions just had midis.
>>
>>31092603
Yep
There are 3D gifs formatted for use in essentials.
Actual 3d models are possible to, but take more coding and processing power than it is viable.
>>
>>31092620
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah the guitar part is just all 16th notes, it's supposed to have that feel of being constantly fretted, but I did think it would at some point get somewhat annoying.

I'm not actually sure how to smooth it out, but I could possibly play with the volume.
>>
>>31092770

Would it be possible to knit them together so they sound a little more natural?
>>
>>31092762
Ok, so that means I can have my fakemon made into 3d and formatted into 3d gifs to use? I simply cannot go back to sprites after so long and with my concepts. It has to be perfect.
>>
>>31092799
knit them together? I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I could possibly make the notes "overlap." Like instead of using 16th notes in one instrument, I could do alternating 8th notes using two instruments to simulate the effect of one note.

I think I'll try that actually.
>>
>>31093006
I meant, "to simulate the effect of 16th notes."
>>
>>31092799
I tried out the alternating 8th notes and I think it sounds smoother. It's a little tedious to do all of them so I'm not gonna finish it tonight.

I will post the new version soon.
>>
>>31075916
I swear that was in gen 2
>>
Guys, is there an acceptable list of what is a good level curve? I know there's a gym badge chart with one, but is that really a good baseline?
>>
>>31093528
And could you post the chart?
>>
>>31079218
Nameless FireRed Project is the only one I can think of right now.

>>31092762
3D Models? On the unoptimized mess that is Essentials/RPGMXP? Holy cow, R.I.P framerate.
>>
>>31093910
>3D Models? On the unoptimized mess that is Essentials/RPGMXP? Holy cow, R.I.P framerate.
What would you recommend other than Essentials/RPGMXP?
>>
>>31080347
I have been waiting for /heg/
>>
>>31094108
If you want to do 3D for a Pokémon style game, I say Unity Personal Edition.
>>
>>31083657
I take that that's because BW2's overworld is in 3D. Is there an alternative program one can use instead of RPGMXP, where you can make the overworld in the same way as they did in BW2? So that one wouldn't need to convert the BW2 tileset to 2D, but can instead just use it from the get-go?

Has anyone even tried to make a Pokémon game with the same kind of overworld as BW2's?
>>
>>31082642
What else do you use? I want to make music but I have no idea where to start to make it sound "Pokémon-y"
>>
>>31094189
Has anyone even ripped the BW2's overworld tileset at all? Both the 2D and 3D stuff?
>>
>>31094189
https://youtu.be/XozaGOtIGys
Excuse my lazy mobile link but this is something close to what you're asking for.
>>
>>31094202
It's exactly what I meant, yes! But do they support BW2 style? All I've seen from them is HGSS.
>>
>>31064129
How is it going with your project, Max? Any progress? It's been a long time since was last in a /heg/.
>>
>>31088782
No cia?
>>
Does anyone know what Pokémon Ethereal Gates is made in? The maps look too big and complex to be from RPGMXP.
>>
>>31093528
If you have 8 gyms, start with Level 10 as the max level for any of the gym leader's pokemon in one gym. Then subsequently increase the gym max level by 5.

By the 8th gym. The max level should be level 45, enough to get you ready for the E4 which are usually level 40-50.
>>
I'm busy making a region map, it's fairly small and simple, more of a test than anything else. I have a question though.

How do you show caves on a map? RSE doesn't include them at all, while DPPt includes all caves and other locations and I think HGSS uses small markers.
If anyone could post their maps, for inspiration or just to see the layout, I think that'd be helpful too.
>>
>>31095460
Keep in mind that this is going to have to be edited depending on the pace of your game, not to mention what you're leveling speed is. I don't exactly recall how it works, but it feels like things slow down as your level increases, even when getting exp from similarly leveled enemies.

Your best bet is to set a baseline for where you want the game to "end," so to speak, make a series of averages across the 8 trainers, then keep editing them as you find yourself adding or reducing the time between each gym based on route length, number of opponents, or whatever other battle-related stuff comes in between the gyms (such as the requisite evil team fights and dungeons).
>>
File: FovonRegion.png (47KB, 616x320px) Image search: [Google]
FovonRegion.png
47KB, 616x320px
>>31095589
A good plan is to use little markers on the routes to show caves/dungeons. Using the map editor in essentials, you can list each cave as a "point of interest" while listing the routes and towns as the primary locations.

Pic related, my region (complete with hilariously awful town names)
>>
>>31095893
I remember your region from a thread a few weeks ago. I think it looks really good, the town names aren't all that bad either.

>Using the map editor in essentials, you can list each cave as a "point of interest"
Ah, that sounds helpful. I'll use markers then, thanks.
>>
>>31082440
I'd love to hear this in the RSE font.
I could do that if you want.
>>
>>31094557
Pretty good
Right now I'm designing characters and fakemon. Discussed a tech demo yesterday and it basically came down to, that the mechanics a pretty well there, but I'll need some content, even if it's as small as the XY public demo.

>>31094846
It was made in RMXP with Pokémon Essentials, my dude.
>>
>>31094201
No, that's why I'm doing it.

>>31094189
There's >>31094202, but it doesn't have a working battle engine yet.

>>31092926
You'd format them into gifs and then filmstrip style PNG
The Smogon community did something similar for their fakemon.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-3d-modeling-project.3536091/
>>
>>31093481
It wasn't. Only pushing them through holes onto ice.
>>
File: 1465326253946.jpg (46KB, 456x349px) Image search: [Google]
1465326253946.jpg
46KB, 456x349px
Hey, /heg/. I’ve decided to work on an Essentials game as one of my projects for 2017 and I was wondering which idea you think sounded the most interesting. The ideas I have are:

*A game where you play as a young Sammy Oak, meeting all sorts of characters who come together with you to help form Kanto’s first Pokémon League. It’d be in Kanto but with changes to the routes and available Pokémon, new areas, and familiar faces like Samson and, for example, Mr. Goodshow and Raoul Contesta from the anime in their younger days. Naturally, Agatha would be the rival and Giovanni’s mother would be the baddie.

*A game where you traverse the Orange Islands, competing in the Orange League.

*A game set in a region based around the UK, with the Pokémon League Challenge taking the player the length and breadth of the isles. I have toyed with doing this as a Fakemon game as, even though I’m apprehensive at using those, I’d like a bit more freedom to do a UK region justice and some of the “real” Pokémon that match up to the UK’s wildlife don’t quite fit thematically.

*A game full of the sorts of puzzles you get in Pokémon Gyms. Basically, the people of the region would be obsessed with puzzles. Thought this could be a neat idea but not sure where the Pokémon collecting/battling aspect comes into it, other than obvious stuff like showing Trainers a Pokémon that answers a riddle.

*A game where you inherit an island resort brimming with Pokémon. The resort, as a tourist attraction at least, is basically dead on its backside, but the more Pokémon you capture, the more you drum up interest in the island, and the more facilities open up.

Thoughts, questions, righteous hatred? Whatever seems most well received is what I’ll probably end up developing. If you spot any major problems with the concepts then obviously feel free to tell me so I can either address the problem or cull the idea!
>>
>>31097185
>A game where you play as a young Sammy Oak
Maybe a little too fanfic-esque but could still make for a fun little game.

>A game where you traverse the Orange Islands
Orangle Islands was an anime thing. The geography doesn't work well at all for gameplay progression, so I wouldn't recommend trying this.

>A game set in a region based around the UK
Sounds good, but do remember that the UK as a whole is actually much bigger than the usual scope of regions. Doing the whole country as one region would cause many interesting details to be dropped (ala Kalos), so maybe a better idea would be to focus on a small part of the country like what I'm doing for my fangame. I posted my region a few comments up.

>A game full of the sorts of puzzles you get in Pokémon Gyms
Gym puzzles make for a fun challenge, but they annoy players for the most part. Don't go with this idea.

>A game where you inherit an island resort brimming with Pokémon.
I love this idea, but make sure the island has lots of non-linear routes (like Hoenn). Seems perfect for a more exploration-y Pokemon game.
>>
Comment was too long, so here:
>1
Sounds okay if you're into the anime
>2
Been done, but now it could be done better with regional forms.
>3
You don't need fakemon, there are enough knighty-castly-fairy and common animal pokemon to fill the game. Remember, you don't NEED to stuff 800 mons in a game.
>4
Puzzles are good, but don't waste time making them the centerpiece. Add this idea into the mix of another.
>5
Management? Fresh, but not exactly sure it's pokemon.

So you got some ideas. Keep crafting them. I think the UK OC region sounds great.
>>
>use pokehex once.
>works fine
>use it again
>corrupt save data.
I have no idea what I did wrong. Literally no idea.
>>
Any good ronhack .cias? Not prism
>>
>>31097683
>not backing up your saves EVERY TIME
>>
>>31094192
those two things are literally it, as far as programs go. I export a midi then put it through Solmire's converter. (specifically I use the Final Fantasy 7 preset)

However, I have a process to try to make my songs sound Pokemon-like. The main thing is to just listen to music that sounds pokemon-like to you, and try to pick up on what makes it sound that way. There's typically musical "tropes" within any given series. Like the fast bass part in any given battle theme. (do ba do ba do ba do ba) It's ok to try to copy it in the beginning, but once you get used to the tropes later on I think you'll be able to create more original pieces that still capture the Pokemon feel.

That said, I have a more specific process with some of my songs. I start by making an 8-bit version: https://clyp.it/ozokbc0y

I made that version first, before I tackled the midi one. The idea is for me to create a "base" version of the song, a chiptune version with the limit of 3 voices, to mimic the original Gameboy/GBC games. Once the "base" version sounds pokemon-like to me, then I go on and work on the midi version and try to make it as interesting as I possibly can.

>>31096597
Hey if you want, go for it. I can link to the midi file if you need it.
>>
>>31098424
Yeah, I'd need the midi.
Would get right on it.
>>
>>31096914
Wow that's awesome
I wonder how long it took them to do those.
>>
>>31097615
>Doing the whole country as one region would cause many interesting details to be dropped
I'm pretty sure the UK is 95% London.
>>
>>31082440
Is there any way to download it as an mp3? Never used clyp before.
>>
>>31094178
Isn't that shit like half baked?
>>
>>31098860
I just set it to be able to download, forgot to do that. The button should appear there.

>>31098470
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rszl0wlyla1mz0y/Battle%21%20vs.%20Leader%20Sean.mid?dl=0

Here is the new version of the midi

>>31092799
https://clyp.it/0r5gwil3

And here is the new mp3. I used the alternating 8th notes method to simulate 16th notes. I like how it sounds more this way, so I think I'll keep this version. Let me know what you think.
>>
File: Opossum.jpg (224KB, 922x715px) Image search: [Google]
Opossum.jpg
224KB, 922x715px
What do you think of this ability /heg/?

Ability: Play Dead
If the user's HP reaches red, but the pokemon survives, the game acts as if the user fainted, and the user switches out. This effect can only happen once per battle.
>>
File: full.png (6KB, 264x168px) Image search: [Google]
full.png
6KB, 264x168px
I made a region map.
It's fairly simple, just something I can work with to learn the basics. Obviously not a full sized region.
Are there any glaring issues anyone can see? I searched for map making guides but didn't find too much in the way of actually planning the layout. Is it better to make the game and then the region map, vice-versa or a combination of both?

>Key
Red = Cities
Blue = Towns
Green = Special areas
>>
>>31094622
I dont know how to make one
>>
>>31100964
Should happen everytime the user takes damage and ends up in red, not just once in battle
Unless it's the last alive pokémon in the team, obviously; then, it shouldn't work at all
>>
>>31099505
Sorry it took so long, was watching a movie.
https://clyp.it/treex00p

It didn't come out that great.
>>
>>31102380
Would you say it should happen even if the pokemon is in red already? Like if it's in red, but the move doesn't kill it, should Play Dead activate?
>>
>>31102733
If I could I'd balance it for the RSE font but either way, this is amazing, thanks!
>>
>>31102733
Could you make it downloadable by the way?
>>
>>31103149
Here https://clyp.it/dfzdil5c
>>
>>31103098
Yes, exactly. I think it opens up for more great plays, and it's not OP as in most cases the pokémon will not survive a hit while already in red.
>>
Could 4chan receive a C&D from nintendo since we're promoting rom hacking? topkek
>>
I am using Essentials but I want to keep a limited move list for balance reasons.
Do I just delete all traces of certain moves in the pbs files?
Or would it be better to just keep the moves in there?

How bad is Essentials in terms of optimization? Does deleting unused pbs or graphics help at all?
>>
>>31103445
underage leave
>>
>>31103447
Apparently, it has shit optimization...according to /vp/
>>
>>31103829
Well, apparently the sagedevs have a well-optimized version, but just look at that one gay edgy fangame to see how bad it runs.
>>
>>31103228
awesome, thanks!
>>
>>31104256
>>31103829
Why? Is it leftover code or graphics? Just bad debugging or clean up?
In other games it's usually due to higher res textures, lighting, high poly, too many rig joints, choppy coding or unoptimized mechanics but RPGXP barely has any of those problems.
Should devs just mass delete extra txt., pbs and graphics that aren't used in the final game?
>>
>>31104371
I know one of the reason edgy fangame whose name I can't remember runs like shit is because they're 100% retarded with the maps.
>>
>>31096797
That sounds amazing. I'm sure it'll be hella awesome, with the previews you've shared with us here ;)
>>
>>31104371
by the way, the quickest way to find out what the sage devs did right is to go check /vg/ and the /rpgmg/. I know one of the main coders post there.
>>
>>31104371
Large maps, lots of events, and supposedly map connections cause lag. Sage is only "optimized" because it's a fucking 1 gym demo with only like 3 outdoor maps. I'd fucking hope it isn't laggy.

There's only so much you can do to avoid lag with a 12 year old engine.
>>
>>31104679
So, when the fuck is Maruno gonna pull his thumb out of his ass and update this goddamn dinosaur?
>>
>>31104765
RPG Maker itself is the problem. The version essentials uses is old as fuck but it's not easy to port to one of the newer versions because they don't use Ruby and the tileset formats are different.
>>
>>31104679
new engine wen
>>
>>31104828
Also don't you have to buy future versions of RPG Maker?

Man I wish someone just made a custom Pokemon Engine inspired by Essentials. No RPG Maker involvement at all.
>>
>>31105100
>Also don't you have to buy future versions of RPG Maker?
You can always just crack it.
>>
>>31105100
The newer versions of RPG maker discarded layers in mapping. Apparently that was a bad move. And something like every tile is an autotile? Sounds like a nightmare for anyone making tiles too.
>>
>>31099505
Sounds amazing dude.
I'm attempting to make music now, but this is hard with no music background.
>>
>>31101689
Looks really good. Making the regional map would be one of the things you'd want to plan out before starting the game.
>>
>>31101689
Knowing the map and how the player is supposed to travel through it is pretty damn important. It's pretty much necessary before you go into planning things like Wild Pokémon distribution and trainer rosters.

I assume the starting town is the leftmost blue dot?
Also, you only have 10 towns and cities? Assuming one is the starting town and one is the Pokémon League (equivalent), you have one Gym for every town/city?
It seems like you could do with a few extra towns. The northern part of the island is uninterrupted wilds from one end of the region to the other. Having long routes isn't necessarily bad, but that's pretty extreme.
>>
>>31105100
Fourstar-mon tried that.

It failed.
>>
blimp
>>
File: 426Drifblim_Dream.png (20KB, 402x375px) Image search: [Google]
426Drifblim_Dream.png
20KB, 402x375px
>>31109296
>>
Some HGSS hack who fix the shitty level curve?
>>
tfw there are no good finished rom hacks. Why live?
>>
>>31109813
Try a difficulty hack
They fix it by making everything TOUGHER

>>31110583
What's good to you?
>>
>>31110759
I'm being harsh, there are a few good ones. I think pokemon Vega was probably the best I've played.
>>
>>31110759
I dont want some difficulty, I only want not grind with 20 level mons
>>
>>31110818
I know the pain
I don't think there are any as of yet
>>
>>31110837
I found this one, but lacks of documentation
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=347879
>>
Anyone got more hacks like Rutile Ruby Star Sapphire?

Im talking hacks that can be played with only a homebrew
>>
File: tumblr_ob9r68sDOr1rg3ylyo1_400.png (49KB, 400x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ob9r68sDOr1rg3ylyo1_400.png
49KB, 400x281px
>>31064129
>tfw creating a fakemon only to discover someone else has virtually the exact same idea as you right down to the fucking design
I don't give a fuck. I know I didn't steal this, but I won't alter my design.
Even the fucking name is the same.
>>
>>31112421
>rainbow-typed Eeveelution

That's not an original idea at all, anon. Even Pokémon Prism at one point planned to have a Prism-type Eeveelution named Prismeon before cutting it for being a dumb idea.
>>
>>31112580
Not really a dumb idea if Light type is in my game.
>inb4 you bash fake types
>>
>>31112421
It happens all the time anon. The only way to defend yourself without altering your design is proof that you made it before the other one was uploaded.
>>
>>31112735
>Light type
It better not be an opposite to Dark type, I fucking swear.
>>
>>31113878
L-light is weak and s-strong to dark, sensei. THE BALANCE and what not. Also, weak to Ground (underworld), Steel (Reflects light), and Grass (absorbs light).
>>
>>31113962
Can you give an explanation for why it interacts with the Dark type this way? Or did you just think "dude lmao light and dark"?
>>
>>31065186
Some guy rushed a hack out, but most people are just waiting for Drayano and the Rutile Ruby guy to finish one.
>>
>>31113962
>Also, weak to Ground (underworld)
What? What Pokémon are Ground type because of "the underworld"?? Since when was this ever represented by the Ground type? Ever??
>>
File: Floccesy_Town_Spring_B2W2.png (193KB, 600x997px) Image search: [Google]
Floccesy_Town_Spring_B2W2.png
193KB, 600x997px
>>31096914
>No, that's why I'm doing it.
Pic related is one of Bulbapedia's MANY area maps where they've compressed the 3D environment to a flat 2D plane. If it's so easy that even Bulbapedia can get it done with as many maps as they have, how come a full tileset has still never been made?
>>
>>31113962
This really seems like bait, but I'll bite.

>THE BALANCE and what not.
Dark type refers to edginess rather than literal darkness. Fairy was already introduced as dark's opposite (Fairy is basically "the power of love" alongside other lighthearted elements rather than referring to literal fairies), so if you were to use light type as an opposite to dark, it'd be pretty redundant.

>Also, weak to Ground (underworld)
Makes literally no sense. If anything, Ghost would be associated with the underworld, or perhaps Dark. The other two weaknesses (Steel and Grass) make enough sense to work though.
>>
>>31075200
Just make the solid object to slide the object with the same coding as the player walking on ice
>>
>>31104256
The creator of Pokémon Infernal Red / Natural Green was going to deal with RPGMXP's performance problems by re-writing his whole game in MKXP, an optimized version of RPGMXP, don't know the details though.

>>31104765
See >>31094202
>>
>>31114450
I tried that. The problem is that the coding for the player uses a function that can only target the player.
>>
>>31113962
Well, Anon-kun. The problem is that the Dark type doesn't represent darkness, but rather foul play and thievery, and other such mischievous acts. There's a reason why most Dark type moves are stuff like Bite, Thief, Pursuit, Torment and, well, Foul Play. Other than many Dark type Pokémon being nocturnal, the type has little to nothing to do with actual darkness or shadows. It's even called "Evil type" back in Japan, so the whole "Dark" aspect is literally just a translation "error" because "evil" is too edgy for us westerners. The opposite of the Dark type is the Fighting type, which represents heroes and good sport, the literal opposite of what the Dark type represents. Even the Fairy type is an opposite to the Dark type, as it represents innocence and is powered by emotions (hence why Pokémon like Gardevoir is Fairy type). Making a THIRD opposite to the Dark is redundant. If you want a Light type, make it an independent type. One that isn't super-effective against the Dark type. Light has many properties, so it could definitely still work. Just not as an opposite to Dark.
>>
File: Untitled-1.gif (765KB, 1280x576px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.gif
765KB, 1280x576px
making a crystal hack, and re-animating some sprites from silver.

pic realeted, left is original, right is new
>>
>>31114708
I like them both.
Right would be perfect if you had its wings flutter a few times.
>>
>>31114724
wish i could, tried and the game freaked out, probably too much animation
>>
>>31106917
>I assume the starting town is the leftmost blue dot?
Yes, it is. There's a few caves that aren't marked properly as well (under the largest mountain).
>Also, you only have 10 towns and cities?
I didn't want to go overboard and make something too big to manage.
>Assuming one is the starting town and one is the Pokémon League (equivalent), you have one Gym for every town/city?
I was planning on having less than 8 gyms, and a smaller league.
>The northern part of the island is uninterrupted wilds from one end of the region to the other.
Thanks for pointing that out. I'll add another town/city in, I'd like to do something with the small island as well.

>>31106132
>Making the regional map would be one of the things you'd want to plan out before starting the game.
Thanks! I guess I'm on the right track then.
>>
>>31114848
>I didn't want to go overboard
Most regions have around 17 towns/cities. You're going underboard.

>I was planning on having less than 8 gyms, and a smaller league.
"How to make people not want to play my game 101"

>I guess I'm on the right track then.
You are, you just have to be more bold about your skills. Don't underdevelop just because you don't think you have the skill to make the game "big enough".
>>
rate my protoregion. Gonna be 98% route/cave
>>
>>31115464
It looks like you just copy-pasted a bunch of random sprites into random places. 0/10
>>
>>31115464
Oh hey, hello PMD: EoS world map, how are you?
>>
>>31115510
I did lel

>>31115522
keen eye
>>
>>31115436
>>I was planning on having less than 8 gyms, and a smaller league.
>"How to make people not want to play my game 101"
Frankly, a shorter game would be refreshing. Most hacks seem bent on doing as many gyms and regions as their imaginations can run wild with and the quality suffers. When I began my own hack I envisioned a sweeping story across two, possibly three regions, but as it's developed I've cut it down to one region with no post-game. If you fill the entree with enough content, there's no need for an excessive dessert.
>>
File: Nóg.png (279KB, 1440x1163px) Image search: [Google]
Nóg.png
279KB, 1440x1163px
Rate my town
>>
>>31116036
There a point to that beach?
Because idk how it works in Essentials, but in GBA you can't see past 7 tiles ahead. Player wouldn't be able to see the beach from the caverns or the caverns from the beach. You should make another cave opening down there.
>>
>>31116036
1. I think it would look better if there were two statues standing next to the museum's (?) entrance, rather than one on the roof.

2. Those beaches and the flowery cliffs are completely redundant, as the player's view doesn't go that far.

3. All those tiny caves leading out to absolutely nothing. Would be better if at least one or two of them lead to a bigger, more interesting cliff area.

4. The town seems a bit empty on the left side. Maybe an extra house would help.
>>
>>31115510
>>31115522
While these are both true, I think it still looks good.
>>
File: Pewter Again and Again and Again.jpg (765KB, 1088x960px) Image search: [Google]
Pewter Again and Again and Again.jpg
765KB, 1088x960px
Another rough concept redraft of Pewter. Had to take a break from replacing Pokemon, this is the result.
The Gym is inside the cavern. Inspired by Sprout Tower, you'd encounter wild pokemon and acquire an escape rope before facing Brock.
Gone from previous versions is the Pokemon science lab from Cinnabar and all those damned caves. Museum remains, no university or anything. There's nothing special going on here; get the badge, head to Mt. Moon and disrupt Team Rocket's scheme.
The little woods are here to help alleviate the stuffing of 386 into Kanto, as usual. Woodland critter stuff, some birds and rodents, couple things that might help drop the Brock rock.
Block editing errors and unfinished block edits are present in this; it is a working draft and I intend to save it when finished and insert it into the base I'm building. The Gym is not yet in its final form, either. With that in mind, please critique.
>>
>>31116422
>>31116510
The player will be able to reach the beach at some point, I'll add a few things to it. Also I'll have the player run along the whole cliff to get a better view of the place. Thanks
>>
>>31097185
The puzzles and Oak idea are interesting, especially the latter.
>>
>>31117747
I think it would look better for the pokemon center to be next to the cave on the left instead of the house.
>>
>>31114237
>>31114346
When I say underworld, I mean underground. As in beneath the fucking surface where light doesn't reach. Also, I was thinking of chthonic underground like Hades in Greece as it sorta compliments the theme I'm going for.
FURTHERMORE, Light is basically Holy type, but I didn't want to call it that.
In conclusion, fuck you. Lol just kidding
But seriously fuck you
>>
>>31114346
Dark type has multiple aspects jerkoff.
Umbreon for instance is born of actual darkness, as in night.
Scrafty is a little street shit though.
Stop limiting your mind, hefe.
>>
>>31112421
>>31113184
>>31112580
It's interesting. I think it's basically impossible to know whether some ideas are original or not until you start to do research afterwards. It doesn't mean the ideas are necessarily bad if someone else does it, it just means it's unoriginal, technically speaking. But that's not a bad thing.

Personally, when I see other people have come up with the same idea I have, I take it as a reminder that my ideas aren't as "muh speshul snowflake" I might think. I try to see it as a challenge then to try to really push the concepts/design.

Like, you don't have to give up your prismeon just because someone else "did it already." Chances are your concepts aren't 100% the same anyway. But, as an example, maybe the name "Prismeon" is kind of an "easy name," to come up with, if other people were able to come up with it too. Depending how much you like the name, you can either keep it or try to come up with something more clever/interesting. I'm not saying "Prismeon" doesn't work, or that it's not good, mind you. If it's the perfect name for your fakemon, then there's no reason to change it. I just try to keep an open mind that my designs can always be pushed to the "next level."
>>
>>31114638
No. Light is Holy to Dark's evil.
Hell, I should make it beat fairy as back in Medieval times, fairies were considered malevolent creatures.
I should mention the game is loosely based on England with elements from Judeo Christian mythology, Arthurian legend, and a little bit of medieval beliefs.
>>
>>31118122
Thanks, anon-kun.
>>
>>31114113
>>31114237
>>31114346
I keep replying, but fuck it I'm annoyed.
I wasn't even treeeeeeeying to be original or innovative. Light beats Darkness, Darkness beats Light. That shit isn't even new to rpg games. Why are you all acting like this shit is unheard of?
>>
>>31101689
do you know how to implement it in romhacks? Been trying to do so since forever but I'm stumped. Google doesn't help much.
>>
>>31118086
>>31118151
>Light is Holy
Wow, that's fucking shit.
>>
>>31118262
>I keep replying, but fuck it I'm annoyed.
You just replied like 3 times all in a row, what are you annoyed at? No one has said anything after your first reply yet.

>I wasn't even treeeeeeeying to be original or innovative. Light beats Darkness, Darkness beats Light. That shit isn't even new to rpg games. Why are you all acting like this shit is unheard of?
But that's the thing. Pokémon doesn't have a "darkness" type. Only an evil type. Which is why I wanted you to elaborate on your Light type before making too many snarky comments on it (unlike others), in case you were going for the "Holy type". If you weren't, I would have proposed the idea to you myself.
>>
How would you guys feel if throughout an entire game, you weren't able to use items during battle?

That is, you could use hold items and all, but not like using full restores, or even potions.
>>
>>31118537
I think it would be great, forcing the player to actually train a good team
>>
>>31118493
Well, I am.
>>31118474
>heee i don't like it so it sucks
Despite this being a very ubiquitous, widely used concept. Yeah, I don't regard your opinion with any seriousness.
>>
>>31118537
As long as that shit was a mode you can choose and not a requirement.
>>
>>31118642
Fair enough: I didn't give any argument. I thought arguments were obvious. I made the mistake of underestimating your stupidity.
>>
I've been trying to make my own version of emerald. Nothing drastic just a few enhancements to get more out of the already existing game. Like new wild pokemon in areas, trainer pokemon, etc. Even implementing event stuff without the need of cheats. Like finding the old sea map at the abandoned ship for example. Even having Jirachi caught in a place like meteor falls and move Steven's battle to where he was first met.

Some location stuff is being added in like to get the regis I'm thinking of making caves leading to their shrines. Regice's will be a fully ice themed of course. Something to center more around them like they deserve.

Just wanted to know any other ideas /vp/ would give if they are interested pertaining to what I am idealizing. Or even if they are interested in playing once they are done. It's nothing special.
>>
>>31118662
Any particular issues you have with the idea?

>>31118560
Yeah this is the point of what I want to do. I don't actually know much about the competitive scene to be honest, but I still want to see if I can in some way "bridge the gap" between regular pokemon play and competitive play. The first thing would be by not having trainer items available to use during battle, potions and the like would be able to be used outside of battle though. I assume this can make the game particularly difficult, but I plan to design around it and make it as fair as possible.
>>
>>31118700
Good day, sir.
>>
Music that isn't from Pokémon but sounds fitting enough? I'm not even sure if these are fitting at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugn2Ly8pQxk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Urr2XOyxU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMNnhfkWbws
>>
>>31119304
Listened to each blind.

Knew the first was Kirby immediately, despite never even having played it.

Second and third maybe, but it's a stretch.
>>
>>31114840
I remember Pokémon Prism altered the animation code to allow for larger animations, since they wanted some full-body animations that they couldn't fit with the vanilla method. You should ask the devs what they did.
>>
File: -lDK4StZ_400x400.jpg (10KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
-lDK4StZ_400x400.jpg
10KB, 320x320px
I'm shilling here but if people want to try an alternative to essentials (still using RMXP) some french guys realeased an alpha version of their starter kit with a demo inside that shows what it can do.

The documentation can be found here https://psdk.communityscriptproject.com/index.php/Accueil but it's still shitty and in french.

And the download link can be found on the project main thread
https://pokemonworkshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=17;start=0
>>
File: Pewter 2.jpg (638KB, 992x870px) Image search: [Google]
Pewter 2.jpg
638KB, 992x870px
>>31117747
>>31117885
Here's a few hours later update. I cut the map 6x6 in paint after moving the Museum over a ways to tighten up the flow.
I toyed with incorporating the Clan crap as fun world-building, but it has ZERO basis in the source material so I'm over it.
Note the third house in the woods. Woods are still aimless and need work. Might reincorporate the pond in a later draft.
All things considered, a superior draft compared to the stuff I used to post. Or at least I hope so.
>>
>>31120793
>still using RMXP
>>
>>31120793
Perfect. Now I'm one step closer to starting my pokemon game with three playable characters and time travel
>>
>>31120934
I get the three playable characters stereotype, but is time travel a common cliche in Essentials games?
>>
>>31120921
Does it? It looks like it runs hella better than Essentials, judging by some youtube videos made by a guy called "Yuri Nuri", I thought the performance problems came from RMXP itself.
>>
>>31121042
Not as far as I know. Actually, I didn't even know there are essentials pokemon games with more than one playable character.
>>
>>31121414
One male, one female, one trans
>>
File: pokemon reborn gender.png (42KB, 528x422px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon reborn gender.png
42KB, 528x422px
>>31121414
Dude, Essentials is known for edgy tumblr games that have male/female/attack helicopter player character choices. Reborn has it, Rejuvination has it, Uranium has it, the quality of your fangame is proportional to the number of genders you can be according to Essentials fans.
>>
>>31121472
What if I just want to force them into a gender? Will I get more flak for defaulting male or female? What if I default attack helicopter?
>>
>>31121197
It's on RMXP, the guy making it tries to keep performances good while making it. He's planning on making his own map editor and totaly replace rmxp in the future. Not sure if it will ever happen tho.
>>
>>31121545
>Will I get more flak for defaulting male or female?
Not from normal people.

>What if I default attack helicopter?
Depends. If it's Undertale-esque "protagonist is androgynous enough to be either gender" I doubt anyone would mind, but if NPCs start referring to you as xe/xi/xir/xum you'll scare away normal people.
>>
>>31121472
Essentials is still used? well theres your problem, it's been out long enough to be picked up by anyone.
>>
>>31121439
>>31121472
Ohhhh thaaat.

No, I meant 3 playable as in there are 3 protagonists you will have to play with. Kind of like Gunvolt 2, or Broken Age.

You would be able to progress to a certain point freely with whoever you choose, but the story would only progress further after a certain point after reaching it with the trio.

Like, one of them you have to go via monotype challenge, another has more of a freedom of choice, but conversely it wouldn't be a challenge the league thing for him, but doing assignments for the professor that would eventually lead to the story progression.
>>
>>31121439
Trans is still just male and female. I'm pretty sure the third would be neutral, and use the singular "they" pronoun.
>>
>>31121727
>Trans is still just male and female
I don't care.
>>
>>31121472
>>31121545
>>31121601
Reality check: Nobody fucking cares if there's only male and female. Nobody fucking cares if there's only one. Nobody fucking cares if there's male, female and neutral (ala Frisk from Undertale), with a small bunch of people who would appreciate it and a small bunch of edgelords who wouldn't have played it either way, but thinks its cool to hate on it anyway.
>>
>>31121751
Just saying that nobody views trans as a gender and therefore nobody wouldn't put it in as an option to begin with.
>>
>>31121664
That sounds fine, then.

>>31121784
Hi tumblr. Nice of you to visit.
>>
>>31121796
>nobody wouldn't put it in as an option to begin with

I'm not sure if you're trying to say "trans is always an option in the player's headcanon because you can pretend the player character is the other gender made trans," which I suppose is true, or "everyone is fine with adding trans options to games" which definitely isn't.
>>
Would it be possible to create an engine mostly from scratch based on interpreting maps imported from Tiled? This would keep mapping super simple, and we can technically include trainers/etc inside of tiled.
>>
>>31120876
It seems a little strange for a house to be completely cut off by tall grass like that.
Sure, there are houses in the middle of routes in some other games, but that's in the middle of a town and not even that far off the main road.
You could play it off well if you had some eccentric NPC who lives there, maybe someone who gives out an appropriate TM like Cut or Nature Power, but if it's just a generic family it'd be weird.
>>
>>31122519
Tiled?
>>
>>31118754
Will you still keep the braille rooms for entrances to the Regi labyrinths?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSksl6hIWg4

hype
>>
>>31123258
The guy inside asks you cut his yard for you, if you cut it using cut he gives you a rare item and it remains cut.
>>
>>31122519
Hypothetically you could, you would just put all of the event triggers and items and stuff in the tiled map. This is actually how a lot of people I've talked to make games for certain frameworks like Phaser.
>>
File: 1461181753246.png (379KB, 791x593px) Image search: [Google]
1461181753246.png
379KB, 791x593px
>>31125334
>making trailers for hacks after Prism got C&D'd

It probably won't get a massive 1,000,000+ views like Prism's trailer did but why would you even take the risk?
>>
>>31125334
Oh Boy.. Aethestode is fucking back.. I couldn't be happier, I almost cried when he cancelled Red Chapter, it had so much potential specially with that juicy and well crafted Beta 12. I'm SO looking forward to this! <3
>>
>>31065186
I just want a SM hack that has fucking slugma and tropius and a bunch of other tropical mons that should've been there
>>
>>31123258
Yes, an eccentric lives there, thinking Eevee theme, as I am including all evolutions and want the player to have the option of getting one fairly early due to my positive experiences in Sacred Gold regarding a similar event.
>>31125345
An excellent suggestion
>>
>>31125380
It isn't being advertised at twitch and Pokemon ARC is not as well known, even after being made this far. It's relatively safe.
>>
Anon of the protagonist trio thingy here asking for help.

First of all - I like edgy stuff. I'm not gonna deny, just gonna admit right away.

2nd - as much as I like it, most of the times it's either over the toppedly excessive (Reborn/Reju) or really forced (Insurgence).

So, what I'm trying to say is, anyone has tips into how to make things dark, but not edgy? I'm trying to find a balance here.
My protagonist trio is made to be each different from another, so while one is from a rich family, another is more ''normal'', the third one is from an orphanage and stuff. I was afraid, it could get too edgy or stuff like that
>>
>>31128409

Don't insist on them too much. When writing dialogue, try to imagine what your edgy character would actually be forced to be like in the real world. As dimwitted and non-sequitur Pokemon dialogue can be, it's almost always very concise and makes it clear what that person is like without them having to drag it out for dramatic effect. You can also have play it for laughs and have the game be self-aware, like with Gladion.
>>
>>31128467
I think I'm understanding. Like, now that I remember, in Insurgence it was really annoying how people kept reintering about how dark it was and how things were going bad.

So, I guess I will have to avoid that. Maybe I will put the setting there, but not put characters talking about it, like they already used to it
>>
Why is there no Essentials 17 yet?
>>
>>31129872
because maruno is a bad meme
>>
>>31092708
Yes RMXP handles mp3s just fine.
>>
>>31080347
It's literally the only general I give a shit about.
>>
>>31097185
>A game where you play as a young Sammy Oak
Pokemon gen 0, though it's unfinished and a bit shit. I wouldn't mind a better one with the same concept.

>*A game where you traverse the Orange Island
Pokemon Naranja did this and is pretty good and fairly complete.
>>
>>31080347
>>31130292
Same
>>
>>31125296
yeah of course. Everything is the same. Just the roads leading to each regi. Activating each of them will be untouched.
>>
I'm playing through prism and don't like how not great the Shinx line backsprites are.

How do I extract the sprite files from it and then actually replace them with new, better looking ones after I make them?
>>
I'm having trouble coming up with a good name for a Ice legendary that's an analog of Satan from Dante's Inferno. It represents winter and is the legendary of Pokemon Plus.
Also, bump
>>
>>31130954
I meant Pokemon Minus.
>>
>>31130954
name it Frozover
>>
>>31130954
Zeralpha?
>>
When is pokebank update gonna be released?? I can't find a date via google just "January 2017"
>>
Okay, someone tells me where i find the link to Pokemon Prism, please?
>>
>>31131317
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>31130954
Hiemalis is Winter in latin.
Mal is wicked or malevolent
So hail, to reference Hell, but ICE type so hail and malis
Hailmalis
Hiemalis-Hailmalis...I don't know though...sounds k ki nda gay.
>>
http://www.pokemoner.com/2016/12/pokemon-prism-crystal-2016.html?m=1
>>
How do y'all feel about a Dark type recovery move called Slouch?
>>
>>31133539
that's neat
>>
>>31132384
The fuck is that description
>>
>>31125334
Holy shit he's back.
>>
>>31128409
>First of all - I like edgy stuff. I'm not gonna deny, just gonna admit right away.
Just read books to get the edge level right.
>>
>>31132384

Thanks
>>
>>31133539
Loving the idea
>>
File: Didgeridoo_player.png (1MB, 1066x800px) Image search: [Google]
Didgeridoo_player.png
1MB, 1066x800px
>All these Didgeridoo Samples
I'm in love
>>
File: autistic or enthusiastic.png (10KB, 155x480px) Image search: [Google]
autistic or enthusiastic.png
10KB, 155x480px
Since the characters won't fit, is it stupid to instead rename the Alolan forms?
In the hack they're going to be referred to as new Pokemon, even though they're just the re-typed Alolan sort and sort of rare (A. Sandshrew and Vulpix would be fairly early encounters with their final forms residing in mid-game/late-game snow/ice areas, all evolutions obtainable via Eviolite prior to official encounters.)
I'd bet that there's probably a simple hex fix for not fitting every character in the names though.
>>
File: a-ninetales.png (124KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
a-ninetales.png
124KB, 500x500px
>>31137858
If it's possible, the way I would do it is just have their displayed name be the same (Alolan Ninetales is still just "Ninetales") with a different internal designation. Players don't need a different name to be able to tell the difference and they're clearly just variants of existing Pokémon.
If they do need to be renamed I think that's fine but they probably ought to just be variants of the species name, like "Snowslash" instead of "Sandslash".

Looking at your list there, Eskimouse is cute and Snowshard sounds fine but "Pyrobone" is really simplistic and I would have no idea what a "Solstfox" or "Isinfier" is supposed to be out of context.
>>
>>31138209
Solstfox and Isinfier are just placeholders; Solstfox alludes to Solstheim and Isinfier is both a Bloodmoon reference (the Isinfier plains) and an ASOIF reference (Ice and Fire) as the Bloodmoon origin refers to.
Anyways, thanks for the reply, I'll keep working on the names.
>>
>>31138209
Ninehails for Ninetails
>>
Here's a question to all the homebrewers out there; how far are you willing to go in changing mechanics? I mean things like types themselves, type advantages, move editing, etc.

A really big polarizing thing I've seen is going so far as to add "new" stuff to the game. A lot of people flipped their shit that Prism has the audacity to add two new types and a handful of regional legendary fakemon. I admit it turned me off the title some, so I wanted to see what y'all thought. Where does the line in the sand get drawn? Pokemon Sage, for example, seems to be the only title with any kind of decent Fakemon presence and people will respond very negatively to fakemon, or new types.
>>
>>31139390
I admit I haven't gotten very far in Prism, but while I'm ok with the new types, (sound type has the same kind of introduction that I was thinking of, actually) the fakemon aspect is handled awkwardly to me.

I guess I've never seen it handled the way Prism is handled and it's just strange to me. I'd rather have a lot of fakemon or none at all rather than "only one fakemon legendary" or whatever it is Prism does.

It's more a consistency issue to me. As long as the game is consistent with itself, (the new mechanics are established well and kept throughout) then it should all be good.
>>
>>31130954
Name it Snowmiser
>>
File: 21012015_132435345.png (197KB, 711x635px) Image search: [Google]
21012015_132435345.png
197KB, 711x635px
>tfw made these tiles 3 years ago
>>
Has anyone actually completed a good game within the last year?
>>
>>31130954
Lucius or Lucelcius?
>>
Hey Max, would an ability that lets a pokemon hold two berries be possible to implement in Essential?
>>
Been making an almost "vanilla" hackrom for me and friends. I've got lots of work (at least for me) done, but apparently lots of people say getting the special / physical split is something a few people might want. Anyone have a pretty straight forward way of doing so?
>>
File: 20161231_134847.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161231_134847.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
I'm trying to run Wilting Y on my 3DS but I get a black screen with pixels on the left side when I try to boot it up. Anyone know how to fix this?
>>
Guys I need a good vanilla-friendly snowy mountain tile set for Fire Red. Post it or link it, please.
>>
>>31064961
You may be memeing, but Sage is actuslly a good example of general theme.
>>
new years bumpu
>>
bongp
>>
>>31143779
there's a few patches on pkecommunity
>>
File: bgb00093.png (3KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
bgb00093.png
3KB, 160x144px
Happy New Years, /heg/. Making a resolution to stop being a lazy piece of shit and get shit done regarding hacking. Got 38 later-gen tracks ported to GSC in 2016 (one was started in the middle of 2015 and put me on a nine-month hiatus due to difficulty with porting it and inexperience), I want to break 60 this year.
>>
Have there been any updates to pokemon meme sapphire since release?

Is the version http://pastebin.com/0VB0v7Hc the latest one? The pastebin hasn't been updated since Feb.

Thanks guys! :)
Thread posts: 297
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.