[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

things that genuinely bothered us about SM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1482611715476.jpg (7KB, 250x179px) Image search: [Google]
1482611715476.jpg
7KB, 250x179px
The cutscenes were pretty boring in S&M and made the game feel poorly planned in terms of pacing but every one praises them
>>
There's nowhere to reasonably grind with the gen 5 exp system.
>>
The MC had a blank expression constantly, though I did get some enjoyment out of it

The games ran like dogshit on older hardware< and double battles lag to hell and back even on newer hardware
>>
>>31062288
I agree with this. The pacing was better than XY but still bad. Seeing Kukui hear about the fact that Ultra Wormholes exist and then instantly moving in to telling you to do more Trials was Professor Elm level shit
>>
>hitting 256 sos encounters resets shiny rate/ivs/hidden ability chance to the rates of the first encounter
>>
>>31062288
People pointed out all the objective flaws a million times so no use bringing them up again, but even then there are a few minor nitpick that bothered me

>pokemon in specific patches of grass
This doesn't look that bad at first, the pokedex shows you which patches you should look for. Except this doesn't apply to dungeons. Little Jimmy with no access to the internet will look for that Pinsir in the south section of Lush Jungle for days
>Forced suit when riding pokemon
Completely shits over the very concept of customization
>No extra PC backgrounds and moving between box is stiff, way less smooth than in Gen VI
That's just pure laziness
>The game makes a big deal about captains and kahunas teaching the MC the poses for the Z-moves
Yet the MC magically knows the Dragon, Steel, Psychic, Flying, Bug, Ice and Poison poses (does Mina even teach you the Fairy pose? I don't remember). Not that big of a deal, but then why making learning the poses a thing in the first place?
>>
I think SOS chaining to get HA mons is dumb, and I much preferred ORAS's Dexnav+ because it doesn't require a bunch of extra knowledge that the game doesn't tell you. It's still tedious, especially on the water/in caves, but at least all the information about what you were doing and your progress thus far was right there for you to read whenever you wanted.

ORAS was the only game where I ACCIDENTALLY caught mons with their HA because I had encountered them so many times in the wild already.
>>
>>31062288
>us
>>
I dont like the fishing in this game.
>>
There's very little exploration when you backtrack. In older games, once you got a HM, you'd always find a new item or TM in an old area, or find a new section of a area, or discover a new area altogether. Even in Unova, there were completely optional little areas that reward exploration, like Mistralton Cave, or the entireity of the West side of Route 1. Here though, there's a handful of areas in Melemelee island, mainly the caves and sea routes, but there's very little past that. I don't mind linear progression, but something is lost when there's not that much to come back to and discover.
>>
>>31062939
>>The game makes a big deal about captains and kahunas teaching the MC the poses for the Z-moves
>Yet the MC magically knows the Dragon, Steel, Psychic, Flying, Bug, Ice and Poison poses (does Mina even teach you the Fairy pose? I don't remember). Not that big of a deal, but then why making learning the poses a thing in the first place?
THIS. When I received the Steelium Z from Molayne and he didn't show me the pose I was very frustrated
>>
The fact that the GTS doesn't have an option where you can place a pokemon you wanna give away and see what people are willing to give you for it.
>>
>>31062288
>Vivillon had a whole gimmick of global migration and what is essentially regional variants
>Nope, only Buttholefree in S/M

Thank's GF.
>>
>>31063443
Don't talk shit about Butterfree
>>
Hau was a pretty lame rival.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.