[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's keeping them from being broken (Lele notwithstanding)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: 1477753561693.png (69KB, 373x410px) Image search: [Google]
1477753561693.png
69KB, 373x410px
So what's keeping them from being broken (Lele notwithstanding)?
>>
Both sides can benefit from the terrain existing, for one thing.
>>
Tapu Koko is walled by alolan marowak but it might get banned
Tapu Bulu has grass stab (which sucks) and no fairy stab, it will probably be UU
Tapu Fini is shit lol
>>
>>31061326
>Tapu Bulu has grass stab (which sucks) and no fairy stab, it will probably be UU
you're right about unfortunately no fairy, but this thing hits ridiculously hard with its wood hammer. its not gonna be UU.
>>
>>31061267
bulus ability also heals the opponent, and finis ability prevents it from statusing the opponent (which is kinda bad for a defensive pokemon)

Koko:
other then boosting opponents electric attacks, i dont see any disadvantages for the opponent. it even stops him from resting (and if you run koko i doubt that your plan was to spore the opponent)

i think only koko and lele have the possibility of being broken
>>
>>31061267
Can't wait to use Fini in PU.
Moonblast Shiftry will be nice to use.
>>
I'd only say they're broken in doubles, I've been running lele+alakazam and there is nothing anything can do to stop me
>>
>>31061267
Koko lacks the power to be truly broken, especially if its using a non-electric attack
Bulu has the power but Grass is shit so instead of OHKOing everything it 2HKOs them because of resists
Fini lacks a lot of things
>>
>>31061326
Fairy STAB wouldn't even help since everything that walls fairy also walls grass. It's redundant.
>>
Lele is frail physically, and doesn't have reliable answers to most Steel types.
Koko has a better Special movepool, which works off of his lower offensive stat.
Fini is a defensive Pokemon that can't status opponents most of the time.
Bulu's terrain greatly profits opponents and prevents you from reliably using EQ
>>
>>31061392
>Koko
>Broken
Maybe if it had both of his Attack stats switched, access to Moonblast and Energy Ball; unless you lock yourself with Specs or manage to get a Calm Mind up Koko hits like a bitch with anything that isn't an Electric move and its coverage is awful from both sides
>>
>>31061421
There is Buzzwole but not much else
>>31061469
>Lele is frail physically, and doesn't have reliable answers to most Steel types.
This is a common misconception. Lele is pretty well equipped to deal with Steels in her movepool(Focus Blast, Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt). Of course, she can't cover every Steel in one moveset, but the point still stands that AV Magearna is the only Steel type that reliably handles every Lele set.
Everything else you said is true though.
>>
>>31061735
>There is Buzzwole but not much else
Zen Headbutt covers it and Poison types as well. Honestly, since Wood Hammer 2HKO's nearly everything that isn't a quad resist, I would rather use Bulu as an offensive Grass than an offensive Fairy. With access to Swords Dance, very little would enjoy stomaching a Wood Hammer at +2.
>>
>>31061421
To hit Bug, Flying, and Dragons
>>
>>31063749
>To hit Bug, Flying
Stone Edge covers that and Fire(resists both Fairy/Grass). Really doesn't help at all.
>Dragons
Only valid grass resist. Though if your not Goodra, most dragons hate taking a Banded Wood Hammer and Stone Edge to the face.
>>
>>31061267
>Koko
Ground Types
>Bulu
Not enough coverage and too slow
>Fini
No healing outside of gimmicks
>Lele
Over-reliant on Choice items and FMS
>>
>>31063858
>Not enough coverage and too slow
It's coverage is fine. Its due to the fact that Grass is a shit type. If it was Ground/Fairy with Ground Terrain it would be Ubers in a heartbeat.
>>
>mfw I notice Tsareena is pretty mucho Bulu with better coverage.
>>
>>31063941
>Ground/Fairy with Ground Terrain
Wouldn't that just be Terrain?
>>
Koko uses an average stat
>>
>>31063993
>Tapu Tera's Terra Surge caused Terra Terrain!
>>
>>31063955
>lower attack stat
>less bulk
>no grassy terrain 50% boost

haha nope, your waifumon is shit.
>>
>>31064114
>any poison move
>>
>>31064226
>>>>>>>>implying that a 4x weakness to fucking Poison of all things somehow makes mono-Grass a better type combination than Grass/Fairy
Force your Palm around your neck and Shadow Sneak your way into the next life.
>>
>>31064263
>Technician
>>
>>31064226
yes anon. pokemon have weaknesses. more news at 11.

it doesn't make your waifu not shit.
>>
>>31061326
>but it might get banned
You mean fucking marowak might get banned?

Why? it's just the anti-meta pokemon. It's slow and has many counters.
Unless I read you incorrectly and you mean Koko might get banned
>>
>>31063955
All Tsareena has over Bulu is Fairy moves. And even then, her strongest physical Grass move 70 fucking BP which is weaker than nonSTAB High Jump Kick? Tsareena is a joke.
>>
>>31064278
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/31032719/#q31036267

Your sombrero bro just got deported to RU
>>
>>31063847
i don't see why dragonite or mence would mind it much
>>
Don't worry anon,they all get Shell Smash as a tutor move in the Gen 4 remakes.
>>
>>31064651
is there anything that won't get shell smash in the Gen 4 remakes?
>>
>>31061326
Bulu and Fini are both currently A-rank in pokebank OU.
>>
>Koko
Too predictable. Bolt/Volt/Ice/Dazzle. MAYBE U-Turn or BB but not hard too handle.

>Bulu
Can't say too much, grass STAB isn't too great offensively but his natural coverage and the boost it gets merits a bit of looking at. That and the passive recovery for things like stall.

>Lele
She's breaking it.

>Fini
No recovery.
>>
>>31061267
>tfw totem legendary gets walled by shit rat
>>
>>31064670
Kommo-o
>>
>>31061267
Fini nerfs its own scald, but has a major niche as a non SR weak defogger.
Bulu has no fairy stab, a 4x weakness to poison, and is decently frail specially. It also nerfs Earthquake, which a lot of people who use it don't seem to realize.
Koko is strong, but not broken like Lele, without priority immunity. It's also a tad predictible.
>>
>>31061326
>Tapu Fini is shit lol
Just because it doesn't murderdeath everything doesn't mean it's shit. It's an amazing support mon and checks a lot of stuff.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.