[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are you autists so concerned about post-game? If you want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Why are you autists so concerned about post-game?
If you want two regions in a game, why does one have to be after the elite four?
Just because one game gave it to you doesn't mean the rest owe it to you.
The one that really gets me is the Battle Frontier. Are you guys so pissed that you didn't get a glorified AI challenge in a remake? That AI should be present throughout the entire game.
I guess you guys are mad because gimmicks don't tend to carry over throughout the generations. Not many baby mons after 2, not many cross-evos since 4, no challenge mode after 5, no new megas after 6, no new forms after 7 (they're ALOLA forms)...
So tell me, /vp/, why are you so hung up on post-game if it's just another gimmick?
>>
Because /vp/ is nearsighted as hell.
>you can go back to Kanto guys look!
>ohh but the level scaling is terrible for both regions because of it now sorry...
>>
Yeah, Battle Frontier sucked. Going back to Kanto was cool though. It would've been lame if they did that in every game but there should at least be some new area to explore after the Elite Four.
>>
I don't expect it but finding out I could go back through Kanto at the end of Silver was the happiest surprise I ever got in this entire franchise and my dream is that someday there'll be a game where you go through EVERY region.
>>
>>31058362
Because I want my games to last forever and hurr durr wifi isn't good enough when the servers shut down in a few years.
>>
>>31058444
Nice tips but that's actually a bad idea.
>>
>>31058362
Because you want something to do after you beat the game besides a single battle tower clone and completing the Pokedex, which is arguably tedious and boring.

As for the battle frontier, people enjoyed it because the enemies actually have strategy, are EV trained with max IVs, etc. AKA present a challenge unlike the rest of the game.
>>
>>31058462
>>31058444

I can see it working on one occasion and that's the Grand Finale when Gamefreak is bleeding money and wants to go out with a bang. Don't expect it for another few decades or at all.
>>
File: 1482844669997.jpg (70KB, 470x740px) Image search: [Google]
1482844669997.jpg
70KB, 470x740px
>>31058362
>being triggered about the opinions of other autistic faggots
>>
File: 2z5qixu.jpg (24KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
2z5qixu.jpg
24KB, 500x389px
>>31058557
this made me laugh more then it should here is your deserved (you)
>>
File: CA8SFDX5R86H1A13bLHW6CfK.jpg (616KB, 2448x2200px) Image search: [Google]
CA8SFDX5R86H1A13bLHW6CfK.jpg
616KB, 2448x2200px
>>31058412
Maybe other people don't think the level scaling is terrible? It was fine to me

>>31058362
People don't want two regions, they want new locations.

Sinnoh has the Battle Zone, Unova has Eastern Unova, and a few caves. Johto has Kanto, and the Frontier. Plus, new places to explore in Johto with Rock Climb.

Cut to Gen 6, and Kalos only has one town, Hoenn has an island with just the Maison, and Alola has the second half of Poni, which is really, really small.

Postgame story used to carry you to new locations. The Power is out for the Magnet Train? Travel to Kanto to get the part to fix it. Go to Stark Mountain to get Heatran. Find the Seven Sages all over.

The new games think we want to experience new story in locations we've already been to. Delta Episode, Essential Quest and UB Quest just sense you to places you've been already

Its a very clear difference and its valid to miss it
>>
Battle Tower is the worst or second worst of any of the Frontier places, so of course people want more than that if they're going to get it.
>>
>>31058362
We want content
>>
You ever play Megaman Battle Network 3? A good post game can save it. You can have additional challenges and things for advanced players and more rewards for completionism.
>>
>>31058362
Are you trying to imply using rentals and stealing your opponents Pokémon after the battle isn't the tightest shit in the series

With no need for breeding/training yourslf
>>
I want content. We've gotten 3 games in a row that lack it. I'm tired of beating the E4 and finding out that all I have to do is a very basic Battle Tower clone and a sidequest with some character that was written like they were stolen from Deviantart.
>>
>>31058851
This, I don't know what happened that suddenly gave us an influx of such stupid characters, but since Gen 6 it just became ridiculous.
>>
>>31058635
Not only that I miss everything because I don't visit those locations and when I do it's a boring lv 100 vs some shitmon borefest. East poni island is good but UB quests sucks dickshit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.