[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PTCG/O General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

File: adeck.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
adeck.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW (embed)

You can also check this FAQ:
http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg (embed)

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games)
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ or check out tournament results for a list of viable decks http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text because of bots lurking threads

>Your Old Cards
No one wants them

TotT: What decks are you running? (And why isn't it Trev?)
>>
File: adeck.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
adeck.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
was thinking of this but wanted some advice before pulling the trigger
>>
>>31059430
was thinking Glaceon
>>
Free bump.
>>
is this shit down it keeps telling me wrong password but also I just reset it
>>
>>31062098

It's still up for me.
>>
>>31062098
it's up for me as well
>>
Trying to update the game, feels like I'm going in a loop... Game detects client update - patcher downloads and updates game- game reboots and detects another client update - patcher downloads and updates... over and over and over. It's on it's 5th update now.
>>
>>31059430
having slowbro spirit link and heavy boots dont get along well with this deck
>>
>>31063799
actually I removed Deliquent...that was the real problem. now i have chaos tower for confusion and can use spirit link, and if chaos tower is gone, can use heavy boots
>>
Everytime I don't touch the game for a few minutes the server kicks me out. If I try to relog I get stuck at 81% so I have to restart the whole game. Is this shit only happening to me?
>>
>>31063933
got rid of slowbro....too slow
>>
I kept getting stuck at the silver screen when logging in. I deleted all files and reinstalled, and I've still got the same problem. Is anyone able to play right now? I'm wondering if it's a server issue.
>>
File: deck.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deck.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I feel like I have the supporting cast and all players except the main star...any suggestions?
>>
>>31064791
KeldeoEX and ManaphyEX could work, seeing as how you already have WaterEnergy
>>
>>31065744
looking to keep it in standard so keldeo wouldn't work
>>
As someone who's completely new to the PTCG, how hard long would it take to get a deck you already have planned out? I'm used to Yugioh, where you basically get all the cards for free(online play), but can you buy single cards, or do you have to trade them for others card/packs? And if so, do packs work like keys do in csgo, as a sorta standard currency?

Sorry for sounding like a noob, but I played the TCG a lot when I was younger, and recently got interested in trying it out again, since Konami is basically cucking over yugioh online play.
>>
File: no standard.png (50KB, 634x126px) Image search: [Google]
no standard.png
50KB, 634x126px
I've never tried to play standard, just expanded with my mono and bicolor decks (and 16 for fast evolution challenges). I was going to start with a trevenant-ex deck but I fell in love with Dark Explorers Accelgor.
>>
>>31065900
are you interested in playing online or IRL?
I can help you only in the first case but I'm going to bed now
>>
>>31066030
>>
So I just logged in and on the home page, there was a little Pokeball where the advertisements scroll by. I tapped on it and it opened and it was daily bonuses. Appearently I get a booster pack on the third day but I have no idea how to redeem it. I went to my collection and it wasn't there

On a side note, why is the shop descriptions in french?
>>
File: RegiceAncientOrigins24.jpg (231KB, 600x836px) Image search: [Google]
RegiceAncientOrigins24.jpg
231KB, 600x836px
>>31064791
Regice is better than Lugia desu
>>
>>31066414
lugia with assault vest blocks 60 damage and does 120 to ex
>>
File: slickidy hoha.png (118KB, 424x307px) Image search: [Google]
slickidy hoha.png
118KB, 424x307px
>mfw I had no idea there was still a daily login bonus after playing for a month, since there is no indication that the pokeball does anything
>>
>>31066185

>Appearently I get a booster pack on the third day

You get the booster pack on the 5th day.

>>31067280

>there is no indication that the pokeball does anything

It doesn't do anything. You get the bonus regardless of whether you click on the Pokeball or not.
>>
>>31065900

Yep, trading packs for cards is how you build a deck.

Fortunately, there are many staple cards which go in basically every deck so you don't have to trade for 60 cards every time. You also get an unlimited supply of every kind of basic energy.
>>
>>31065900
>>31067831

Forgot to mention that not all packs are tradable. Packs won from in-game tournaments are tradable, as are packs redeemed from irl booster codes.

Packs from the shop/ladder/versus wheel are untradable. Packs from daily challenges are untradable prior to level 16.
>>
File: devilmayorb.gif (3MB, 459x459px) Image search: [Google]
devilmayorb.gif
3MB, 459x459px
>VespiPlume
>>
Is there a trainer card or Pokemon that lets me attach any amount of energies to any of my benched Pokemon?

Like, I find my self to search out too many energies and don't want them to sit there as I attach them one turn at a time

Although I feel like this wouldn't exist from my short time ofplaying because of how broken it would be
>>
>>31071293
No, but there are cards that pull energies directly from your discard/deck to attach.
>>
File: MagnezoneBREAKthrough54.jpg (171KB, 600x746px) Image search: [Google]
MagnezoneBREAKthrough54.jpg
171KB, 600x746px
>>31071293
There's no omni-energy attachment like you speak, but there are a few that work for specific energies like Magnezone (Breakthrough), Blastoise (Boundaries Crossed), and Emboar (Black & White). Might be a few others I can't think of right now.
>>
>>31071293

There's Flygon from Furious Fists, but it's a Stage and it only works on Basic Energy.
>>
File: image.png (285KB, 636x426px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
285KB, 636x426px
Have a free bump
>>
Why do legacy tournaments have old packs as prizes, but expanded ones don't?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.