[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gym Leader Interview Special!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12

File: 1482087214372.jpg (695KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1482087214372.jpg
695KB, 1200x900px
Congratulations! All your hard work has finally paid off. You are now the Gym Leader for your local area.

>What Type do you specialize in?
>What are your (two to four) Pokemon?
>What does your gym arena look like?
>Which Badge do you give out? Is there a special feat or event a challenger can complete to obtain it if they're too much of a Satoshi to understand how type matchups work?

No Legendaries pls.
HARD MODE: Use only Pokemon with the appropriate primary type & base your arena on your current location. Have fun, Birdfags.

Steel-type
Skarmory, Mawile, Scizor, Aggron
Arena is my crappy garage converted into a battleground
Alloy Badge, which looks suspiciously like a painted metal bottlecap
>>
Normal type gym
Toucannon
Staraptor
Braviary
Mega-pidgeot

Arena is a giant birdcage that you have to climb to the top to reach the gym leader
>>
Ghost Type
Gengar, Chandlure, Palossand, Mimikyu (in that order)
Gym is located in a stereotypical Gothic castle on top of a mountain where ot always rains, and is filled with puzzles.
Badge is just a purple glass coin. Nothing special. Unless...you have a Relicanth in your party. In which case, if tossed at precisely 5:55 a.m in front of a seemingly inconspicuous cliffside, and if it lands on heads, will open the cliffside open, leading to the TRUE GYM, WHICH HAS EVEN MORE PUZZLES AND TRAINERS. SO MUCH IN FACT THAT THE TRUE GYM LEADER IS LIKE LEVEL 80. Has a completely different set of Ghost Types, which are completely randomized between battles. Have fun. Also, the true badge is partially invisible, so, don't touch it the wrong way.
>>
File: 1482094669982.png (84KB, 425x431px) Image search: [Google]
1482094669982.png
84KB, 425x431px
>>31054429

The fuck did I just read
>>
File: tumblr_moyktm2LnS1sxql3bo1_500.gif (88KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_moyktm2LnS1sxql3bo1_500.gif
88KB, 500x313px
>Type
Water
>Pokemon
Quagsire
Ludicolo
>Arena
Pier at the pond in the middle of the park nearby
>Badge
Waterlily Badge, basically just a pressed waterlily.
>>
Type: Electric
Magneton, Electrode, Rotom, Electric Z-Conversion Porygon2

Arena is a server room set up like a maze

Data Badge, shaped like a link cable with an x^3 curve
>>
Bug Gym
Beedrill, Vikavolt, Volcarona, Golisopod
The gym is located in the middle of the woods, finding it is part of the challenge. If someone really can't figure out how to take on the BUG gym, they can attempt to take one the badges from a chest located amongst a beedrill hive without the use of their pokemon since they are too incompetent to use them in a gym battle. Trainers taking this alternate route are given map with the general location of the hive and must store their pokemon at the gym until the trial is completed or the trainer forfeits.
The Entomo Badge, designed to look like a bug's compound eye.
>>
> Ground
> Gliscor, Sandslash, Gastrodon, M-Garchomp
> Gym is a local valley/hill area that picks up sand when it gets windy, which is almost all the fucking time. Out in the open, just gotta find your way to the center past the bushes and sand to the center of the hill. Fucking pain in the ass to get to.
> Badge is designed to think about a ancient looking map, signifying you found your way

If you hadn't figured it out there'd be a sandstorm element.
>>
File: 1475350475278.png (40KB, 218x405px) Image search: [Google]
1475350475278.png
40KB, 218x405px
>Type:
Fairy

>Team:
Comfey, Ribombee, Togekiss, Sylveon

Don't know how I'd design the gym
But I'd like the badge to be a nice pink cresent moon with a silver-ish border.
>>
>Type
bug

>Team
Golisopod, Ariados, Yanmega

>Arena
an area with all types of terrain and bug type pokemon. gotta find a specific pokemon and fight one trainer per area.

>badge
shaped like a pinsr. aquamarine and bronze colored.
>>
>>31054357

>Hard Mode
>Have fun, Birdfags

Too easy, I work for a Zipline course in the Rockies

>Type
Flying
>Pokemon
Early Gym. Letting them off easy with "Murkrow, Pidgeotto, Noctowl." since people frown on Fakemon
>Arena
My work, Mountainside Zipline course. You take a Pidgeot to the top and try and select the correct zipline as you are taken to an awkward First person screen to look around as you zip down to meet a trainer until you are back at start or at my platform.
>Badge
Uplift Badge, A pair of crossed feathers with a handle bar connected at the bottom
>>
Steel.
Aggron (Mega. Doesn't always Mega though, based on fire presence.)
Metagross
Magnazone
Ferrothorn
Badge is a fist striking an ingot. The ingot is deformed.
The gym is set up in an old ironworks. The furnaces and such are going low, it's really wasteful, but the effect is cool. The battlefield is suspended by chains, a nifty safety net is beneath it. The battlefield is strewn with random obstacles, and a number of containers periodically drop more junk onto the field. As an additional battle condition, a Pokemon that falls off the field is considered unable to battle. In the case of flying/floating Pokemon, they are disqualified only if they hit the net.
Hurling obstacles is encouraged.
>>
>All these fully evolved pokes
fags all of you

Fire Gym
Growlithe Torkoal Rotom-H
My mom's bakery
If you can bake an insanely good pastry from scratch with the help of one Pokemon without communicating, you can get the badge without a fight
>>
>>31055052
It's no big deal, just downsize the teams if you get put at spot 3 or something.
>>
File: scale.jpg (32KB, 430x383px) Image search: [Google]
scale.jpg
32KB, 430x383px
I have a Pokemon OC I used for some PbP stuff a few years ago. He eventually came to be the Gym Leader of Lavender Town so I guess I'll just describe that since he was a self-insert.

Ghost type gym

Aegislash, Golurk, Sableye, M-Gengar

I hated the Radio Tower in Gen 2 and designed the gym based around that. I reasoned that there were huge graveyards in the foothills beyond Lavender, and had my gym built out there. Visitors would be guided by trainers to protect them from angry ghosts. The gym itself would be pretty austere, mostly just a clearing surrounded by headstones and spectral torches. The puzzle portion would be for the challenger to navigate through the graveyards to find the 'gym' in the first place.

I came up with the idea that the entire place would be covered in 'Ghost Terrain'. It would boost the power of Ghost moves like the other terrains, and also apply a global Pressure effect to all non-Ghosts.

Shadowbadge, probably look like some generic casper ghost thing. I suppose a shitty challenger could earn a badge by proving their affinity with ghosts somehow. Phantom Force deserves to be more common, I think, so maybe that would be the TM.
>>
>type
Fire

>team
Talonflame, Volcarona, Delphox, Arcanine

>Arena
Big room that has glass windows on most sides and an open space in the middle to battle.

>Badge
A badge that is designed to look like the sun and the center of it is a magnifying glass. It is called the sun badge.
>>
I AM ROCK MAN

MASTER OF ROCKS

ROCKS ARE THE BEST

>WHAT TYPE DO YOU SPECIALIZE IN?

ROCK

>WHAT ARE YOUR FOUR POKEMON?

RAMPARDOS, RHYPERIOR, TYRANTRUM, AND CORSOLA

>WHAT DOES YOUR GYM ARENA LOOK LIKE?

LITERALLY ALL ROCKS

>WHAT BADGE DO YOU GIVE OUT?

THE ROCK BADGE, IT'S A ROCK WITH A PICTURE OF A ROCK ON IT

ROCKS ARE THE BEST
>>
>>31054357

>>Type
Fighting...more or less

>>Pokemon
Toxicroak Hawklucha Infernape Machamp

>>Gym
A huge round arena called "Pokemon Circle Terrace". The gimmick of the arena is that any round has a chance of triggering an SOS call of a Pangoro Scrafty or Inciniroar as a run in to try screw the challenger over

>>Badge
Belt Badge.A championship belt shaped badge and as a reward the Bulk Up TM

In the event of a post-game rematch add a Lucario and Throh in the middle of the line-up
>>
I would have a Normal-type gym

The whole gym would be similar to norman in R/S/E about choosing between options of trainer battles, but each trainer asks you which team you'd like to battle, and you can rematch them for the other team.

The gym would be a large manor house with lots of different rooms to pass through.

When you get to the leader, you are given the choice of 'nasty or nice?', and once you choose the battle begins.

>nasty team
Toxic Orb Toxic Boost Zangoose, Flame Orb Guts Ursaring, Life Orb Reckless Bouffalant
>nice team
Sitrus Berry Wigglytuff, Eviolite Chansey, Leftovers Snorlax

The gym would be around level 30 or so.

beating nasty gives you the TM Facade, and beating nice gives you the TM Return, but you get the other at some point anyway.

Rematch gives the same choice, but nasty now has Sitrus Berry Berserk Drampa and Assault Vest Fluffy Bewear as well. Nice has Blissey instead of chansey, and Mega Lopunny and Silvally as well.
>>
>>31054357
>type
water
>team
Swampert
Sharpedo
Wishiwashi
Manitne
>Arena
Small island with ruins and wrecked pirate ship
>Badge
Archipelago badge
>>
File: 4k30.jpg (3MB, 4480x2521px) Image search: [Google]
4k30.jpg
3MB, 4480x2521px
>type
fairy
>team
Ribombee
Alolan Ninetales
Whimsicott
Granbull
Azumarill
>Arena
inside of a palace (pic related)
>Badge
Pixie badge
>>
>>31054357
Here my autism coming through.

Steel Type for laifu

Mawile, Bronzong, Empoleon, and a Dhelmise

The gym would be located in Canalave City, where it would be remodel as a shipyard. I like gyms to be practical.

>Which Badge do you give out? Is there a special feat or event a challenger can complete to obtain it if they're too much of a Satoshi to understand how type matchups work?

A redesign Mine Badge to closer resemble an anchor. If someone helps out on Iron Island then maybe I'll give the badge to them without an battle, but the TM reward stays the same. TM 91 Flash Cannon
>>
>Type
Ghost
>Team
Banette, Driftloon, and Mimikyu(Ace)
>Gym Arena
Giant Carnival/Circus with spooky imagery and design
>Badge
Can't think of a name but the badge is shaped like a ticket
>>
>>31056660
I like this one
>>
Title made me think this was another animated spin-off.
>>
File: 1482264129296.jpg (779KB, 1254x1771px) Image search: [Google]
1482264129296.jpg
779KB, 1254x1771px
>Floridafag
Alright, Water it is

>Pokemon
Araquanid
Gastrodon
Ludicolo
Feraligatr signature mon

>Arena
Some kind of swamp zone with mud slidding puzzles that send you back if you go the wrong direction

>Badge
Three blades of sawgrass arranged like a crown
Level-wise, I guess this makes me like a 6th or 7th badge
>>
>>31058963
Some guy was right; we're all high level

My babby version would be something like:
Dewpider, Lombre and Croconaw
>>
Everbody goes with Water
>>
>>31054993
Good taste friendo
>>
Water type. I'll start off with Slowbro. Pelipper's my second one, and then Starmie will be my last and main Pokemon.

The gym is at the beach and is laid out like a water route (you need Surf or whatever), I'm standing on a little island a bit away after some gym trainers and a water current puzzle.

My badge is the Beachside Badge, which resembles a coconut tree.
>>
>Gym
Shuckle

>Pokemon
Shuckle / Shuckle / Shuckle

>Arena
Shuckle's house

>Badge
FUCKLE BADGE
>>
File: 1482818914145-vp.jpg (45KB, 398x251px) Image search: [Google]
1482818914145-vp.jpg
45KB, 398x251px
>>31054357
>Gym Leader Interview Special!
>Congratulations! All your hard work has finally paid off. You are now the Gym Leader for your local area.

Electric

Pachirisu
Magneton
Manectric
Charjabug

It's a factory with various service elevators and rotating gear platforms.

The Joule Badge.

If they can't into type matchups, then they get nothing.
>>
>>31054357
Water
Golduck, Floatzel, Swanna, Araquanid
A web of canals and ponds which you must navigate, trainers patrol the waterways and use Psyduck, Ducklett, Basculin, Corphish, Lombre. (Where I live at the edge of a small city.)
Real award: Canal Badge for beating the gym; Ash challenge: don't drown.
>>
File: IMG_2368.png (390KB, 400x518px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2368.png
390KB, 400x518px
>>31054429
>>
File: Atlas Gym.jpg (219KB, 962x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Atlas Gym.jpg
219KB, 962x1000px
Relevant.
>>
>>31061753
This answers questions 1, 2, and 4.
For question 3, I think my Gym would look like some sort of secret lab down in the sewers of a big city.
>>
>Type:Dark

>Pokemon
Bisharp
Scrafty
Honchkrow (Ace)
Hydreigon

>Gym
Imagine a crack den (without the crack because it is a kid's game). Shitty lighting, a lot of shady trainers, all that fun stuff. No puzzles,just straight battles

>Badge: Shady badge. Idk what it would look like.

You'd get Knock Off's TM, which would be added in this gen
>>
>>31054357
>Type
Dark
>Pokemon
Weavile, Greninja, Hydregion, Tyranitar
>Arena
Pitch black inside, absolutely zero light. The gym itself is a maze, and you have to find the exit using the maze solving algorithm. There are gym trainers (who have night vision goggles) with a wide variety of Dark-types including Mandibuzz, Krookodile, Sableye, Drapion, Bisharp. Defeating all trainers will net you a pair of night vision goggles as well.
>Badge
Void badge, a black badge shaped like the Chaos symbol from WH40K
>>
>>31054378
>normal
>>
File: 4335353463465.png (114KB, 428x428px) Image search: [Google]
4335353463465.png
114KB, 428x428px
>>31054357
>>What Type do you specialize in?
>Psychic
>>What are your (two to four) Pokemon?
> Espeon, Reuniclus, Musharna, (Mega) Gardevoir
>>What does your gym arena look like?
>A huge, dome shaped room, made entirely out of semi-gloss paneling. On either side of the dome is a small room, into which the challenger and I would go. The rooms contain two things: a chair reminiscent of an electric chair and a block into which 4 pokeballs can be seated. Both trainers place their pokeballs into the slots, then sit and connect themselves to the chair. The chair is capable of reading brainwaves, and determines the level of emotional and psychological connection between the trainer and their pokemon. This reading is projected into the dome as a hologram of the trainer, as well as their pokemon. Hologram battles are then conducted, with the trainer/pokemon in their rooms feeling negative feedback relative to the battle damage suffered. Having a high enough connection with the pokemon also allows for Mega Evolution, if the proper Mega Stone is available.
>>Which Badge do you give out? Is there a special feat or event a challenger can complete to obtain it if they're too much of a Satoshi to understand how type matchups work?
>Esper Badge: A Circle, half black, half white, with a bar resting across the center that is the opposite color of the background color.
>>
>>31061753
Was this gym badge made in 2006
>>
>>31054357
Psychic
Gothitelle, Slowking, Delphox, Gardevoir (Mega)
Yugi's mind. The point is self-discovery and overcoming. My Slowking telepaths with the trainer as they progress, guiding them along the way. The rest play tricks on the trainer's mind to make the rooms seem fantastic when in reality they are all just empty.
The Inner Badge. I give out the Trick Room TM (both Gothitelle and Slowking use it)

>>31054378
8/10, the choice of mons doesn't seem too special

>>31054429
7/10, should have done something other than Palossand for this

>>31054578
8/10

>>31054903
8/10, had to think for a bit till it made sense

>>31055008
you didn't understand what OP was saying

>>31055052
OP didn't say we weren't going to be the final gym
>>
>>31055681
pretty good, i'm sure you could have done just a little bit more to make it even better and more personal

>>31055894
7/10, the Nice Team could have been better, but really nice thoughts here

>>31056660
ok

>>31056776
4/10

>>31057252
8/10, I wonder if you could have made the 'mons chosen more fitting

>>31058963
8/10

>>31061468
8/10

>>31062346
8/10, this is fun, I would swap out Bisharp for something more fitting. these dudes probably shoot dice, not play chess

>>31062617
6/10, Hyd and Tyr are not good choices for this. Plus, it's kind of been done before.

>>31063185
8/10
>>
Ground
Gabite
Stunfisk
Pallosand
Dugtrio-A
The outside pool area of a resort.
The pool empties to reveal a pokemon arena.
>Which Badge do you give out?
The Sand dollar badge, looks like a sand dollar obviously.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.