[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Other than item clause, in-game lore, and when you obtain each

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Is this necessary.png (356KB, 1158x895px)
Is this necessary.png
356KB, 1158x895px
Other than item clause, in-game lore, and when you obtain each one during the course of the game's story without trading, is there any other reason why having a Mega Stone for each Mega Evolution is necessary instead of reducing it down to 3 stones (Regular, X, and Y) and having them work like Z-Crystals?

Likewise, the 11 Z-Crystals specific to certain species and forms of Pokémon, how messed up would it be to have those as one Z-Crystal?
>>
Mega Evolution is bad m'kay
>>
>>31053107
WE NEED MORE ITEMS.
I feel like this problem started with the plates in gen 4 and they just said fuck it. all pokemon using one mega stone probably would be fine now but didn't work in the earlier games to prevent you rushing the stronger megas first I guess?
>>
>>31053107
Item bloat is a real fucking problem now and it gets worse every gen.
>>
>>31055106
>all pokemon using one mega stone probably would be fine now but didn't work in the earlier games to prevent you rushing the stronger megas first I guess?
That's what I was thinking with "obtaining each one over the course of the game's story without trading", but that still seems like a flimsy excuse when stones for "weaker Megas", like the Audinite for example, are post-game and so on. If that was going to be such an issue, why not have the Pokémon itself be found later?

>>31057647
Not just in redundant functions, but in having to cycle through all those stones in your bag as well. Don't understand why they didn't make something like FRLG's Berry Pouch key item for Mega Stones back in XY or even for the Plates back in DPPt. Silvally's Memories this gen are absolute overkill, and don't get me started about incenses. We need some major item cleanup, retooling, and retconning by Gen 8. Just watch as the next bloat complaints will be about redundant abilities.
>>
>>31059608
>Remove all incenses and make parent Pokémon not require them to breed baby Pokémon
>Make a Mega Stone bag slot similar to SM's Z-Crystal slot
>Add a Key Item that holds Arceus Plates and one that holds Silvally Memories
>Remove all copy-paste Abilities and replace them with the Abilities they are copy-pastes of.

Maybe even replace the Healing Items bag slot with something else, because that one never really gets filled up all that much.
>>
>this game needs to exist in a competitive vacuum
>>
>>31053107
I just wish mega stones worked like z crystals

but nope want a different version of that mega, hope you like grinding useless pseudo currency, in a rigged carney game of a battle facility
>>
>>31059709
We just lower it. One general Incense and one general Mega Stone

>>31059608
The DP bag was the absolute worst
>>
>>31059709
>Bring back the Poké Ball bag slot

Nah, the Healing Items bag slot is fine. Gotta get all those regional Full Heal variant treats out of the way of the big bag slot of everything else.

>>31059818
>one general Mega Stone
Three. Need an X Mega Stone and a Y Mega Stone for Charizard and Mewtwo. The rest can get away with a general Mega Stone.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.