[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>grass starter becomes beloved when first shown while water

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 250px-497Serperior.png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-497Serperior.png
48KB, 250x250px
>grass starter becomes beloved when first shown while water starter is hated and mocked
>grass starter evolves into something completely shit while water starter becomes the only decent one out of the three

Where have I seen this before...?
>>
I love Primarina, but this is bullshit. Contrary Serperior is top-tier
>>
What amazes me is that in-game Serperior is trash while Samurott and Emboar are pretty good, while competitively it's the complete opposite.
>>
File: serperior.png (633KB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
serperior.png
633KB, 1280x851px
Screw you coil leaf blade was the shit ingame...Contrary was icing on the cake.
>>
>>31051571
Have fun with Sap Sippers and the many Pokemon that quad-resist Grass
>>
File: 1482088661328.jpg (104KB, 525x750px) Image search: [Google]
1482088661328.jpg
104KB, 525x750px
>>31051541
I remember hating the final evo with a passion when the evos first leaked, but the design grew on me closer to release. Serperior has become my favorite pokemon as of gen 5's release and still stands as one of my favorite designs to this day. My screen seeder that I bred mid gen 5 has solidified its position as my favorite still.
>>
Serperior is the strongest of its batch
>>
Serperior is at least more competitively viable than samurott primarina and decidueye though

(Although I will admit it's horrible in game)
>>
>>31051541
I don't know what universe you live in, but last I checked serperior has always been the popular one of gen 5 and even though Decidueye isn't first on popularity, it most certainly isn't the most hated
>>
what the fuck are you on about? the grass starter is the only one in gen 5 that doesn't have a completely disappointing design AND it's good competitively to boot.
>>
File: 1447956077875.jpg (347KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1447956077875.jpg
347KB, 1500x1500px
Of all starter waifus, Serperior is the best
>>
>>31052067
>competitively viable
>horrible in game
How does that work?
>>
>>31052350
Hidden Abilities
Contrary Leaf Storm makes up for its shitty stat spread.
>>
File: statership.png (255KB, 500x630px) Image search: [Google]
statership.png
255KB, 500x630px
>>31051590
Please, if anything Contrary was the entire cake. Its sole reason why the snake hasn't even touched the depths of PU.
Non-Contrary Serperior is better than Meganium at least. I can still remember that Serperior was a versatile mon in the lower tiers with Subseed,CM,and Fast Screens. Those sure were the days....
>>
>>31052350
Serperior doesn't do well against most of the gym leaders in unova and also you can't get contrary when playing casually

But with contrary it becomes a dangerous grass type sweeper which chases away annoying water or ground types like tapu fini, hippowdon, slowbro and Rotom wash.
>>
>>31051675
>Sap Sippers
>in competitive Pokemon

I mean, there's Goodra, but you can your opponent's team. There's also Azumarril, but it wants and needs Yuge Power badly much more.

Quad-resists are a bigger deal and are probably what keep Serperior from being a overwhelmingly stupidly powerful threat, but you're not going to stay in on Heatran and let it fuck you up, same way your opponent isn't going to keep a Pokemon that Serperior can fuck up in.
>>
>>31051675
Serperior carries HP Ice and/or Dragon Pulse for a reason.
>>
Why do they have to make hidden abilities so hard to get, especially for starters? I mean, it's pretty much the only thing that has a chance to make them viable.
>>
>>31052622
Don't forget HP Fire and occasionally z-hyper beam (which OHKOs mega venusaur at around +3 depending on its spread)
>>
>>31052622

I think Serp uses HP Fire instead. If I remember correctly, Serperior is so weak without boosts that its limited coverage options don't really hit nearly hard enough. I liked using Glare on switch-ins that it couldn't win though.
>>
File: 1476428641234.png (109KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476428641234.png
109KB, 600x500px
sneg thread?
>>
>>31052350
>stuck with Overgrow in-game
>no moves: the mon
>grass type
>event however, gives Contrary
>>
>>31053559
>>31052480
Even if it got Contrary in game it takes like 60 levels for it to get Leaf Storm and even then it only has 5pp unless you invest pp ups on it and even after all that 5pp is kinda shit when you're fighting trainers and you have to heal up between battles because you ran out of your best move.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.