[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: adjust battle mechanics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: 1457827577042.png (233KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1457827577042.png
233KB, 400x400px
>Thunder Wave
Inflicts paralysis if used by a non-electric type, which applies a 1/2 speed reduction.
When used by an Electric-type, inflicts a "badly paralyzed" status, which grants 1/2 speed reduction and the 25% chance for the Pokemon to be unable to move.

>Toxic
Inflicts poison if used by a non-Poison type and inflicts "badly poisoned" when used by a Poison type.

>Freeze
Freeze lasts a guaranteed two turns, with every turn after that given 20% chance to thaw increasing by 20% every turn; this timer is not reset upon switch. Fire and Ice types are unable to be frozen. Sunny weather (both kinds) negate the frozen status. Any Fire-type move used either on or by a Frozen Pokemon will thaw the Pokemon.

All other paralysis-inflicting moves will apply bad paralysis no matter the type of the Pokemon.

>Flinching
ONLY for moves that have a chance to flinch:
A new type of status effect, "stagger" is inflicted for moves such as Iron Head and Waterfall when flinch is proc'd. A Pokemon that has been staggered will be able to use its move, but its accuracy will be reduced to 1/2. Fake Out retains its normal flinching property, as well as an interrupted Focus Punch.

>Protect
A failed Protect will not reset the Protect success chance. A Pokemon must either use a different move or switch out to reset the success chance.

>U-Turn and Volt Switch
The user must now select the Pokemon they are switching into BEFORE the turn is executed. Baton Pass and Parting Shot still function normally.

>Gale Wings
Priority to damage-dealing Flying-type moves. Non-damaging Flying-type attacks are not given priority.

>Fairy
Fairy is now weak to Normal.
Fairy no longer resists Bug.

>Water
Water no longer resists Ice.

>Scald
Scald is now 50 BP.
I have no idea how to fix this move without destroying it thematically. Remove burn and have it inflict Water/Fire damage, a la Flying Press?

>Stealth Rock
Damage is now capped at 25%. Both 2x weak and 4x weak Pokemon will take 25% damage.
>>
Shoo shoo talonfag. Your tl;Dr won't fool me.
>>
everything gets huge power
>>
>>31051225
>Leech seed
Accuracy reduced to 50. But it is always 100% accurate when a grass type uses it.
>Confusion
Psychic types can no longer be confused.

Ice resists grass, but no longer hits grass super effectively.

Ice and grass gains resistance to fairy.
>>
>>31051267
I don't want Talonflame to be the full retard good it was in gen 6 but I don't want it to be unusable.
A change like this would mean Talonflame would need to run Speed if it wants to get fast Roosts or Tailwinds, and it would make bulkier sets nonexistant without that priority Roost.

>>31051359
>Leech Seed
What uses Leech Seed that isn't Grass-type?

>Giving Ice resistances
Ice needs more speedy Pokemon like Weavile, not resistances. It's never going to work as a defensive type.

>>31051281
Sounds good.
>>
>>31051406
Celesteela
>>
>>31051281
>>31051406
the special equivalent should be like 'huge brain' or some stupid shit

>>31051432
jackie chan
>>
>>31051432
Why in the world does Celesteela have Leech Seed...? That's pretty wild. Is it commonly run?
I haven't actually paid attention to the gen VII meta, all of this is from a gen VI viewpoint. And I have Sun so I know literally nothing about Celesteela other than a few pics I've seen of it. Should be fun to get back into the meta.
>>
>eviolite
Will not work no matter what if the Pokémon is normal type.
>Focus blast
Accuracy: 70 to 85
>Smack down
50BP to 85BP
>power gem and earth power
Give better Pokémon distribution
>Moonblast
95BP to 90BP
>Dragon Pulse
85BP to 90BP
>>
Poison lowers special attack just as burn lowers physical attack.
>>
>>31051529
why you hating on porygon 2? i dont like chansey either but leave the cyber duck alone
>>
>>31051572
I can make it so it no longer works on Chansey only.
>>
I do really like the idea of status moves being a big risk on Pokemon not of the same type, like the changes to Leech Seed and Toxic mentioned in this thread. There's already some of that in the game, but I'd like to see a lot more.

Even stuff like Taunt could have reduced accuracy if it's not "STAB"'d. In fact, they could even come up with a new term for it. Something like Same Type Effectiveness Bonus, but not that, because STEB sounds ridiculous.
>>
>>31051225
>T wave
Make bad paralysis the old paralysis and you're golden. 1/4 speed and 25% fuck you chance.
>tox
Leave it be.
>Freeze
Rather than have it be literally frozen solid, just make it frostbite-esque. Anything with this status loses one stage of special attack and speed every turn. This is fine enough that you could introduce a freeze status move and up the chances on some ice moves.
>Flinch
Reduces accuracy by the %chance of whatever hit it. This means you don't need an exception for fake out and focus punch.
>Protect
No failing, gradually decreases in how much it protects you. Every successive use reduces it by 25%, always blocks status. counter doesn't reset until you switch.
>mentum
Good
>Gale wings
This got fucknerfed this gen, don't even bother.
>scald
No damage but burns both the user and target.
>SR
25% against nongrounded mons, 6% otherwise. A true antispikes.

>>31051512
>Should be fun to get back into the meta
you niave sod. Keldeo is in UU.
>>
Trapping moves like Fire Spin or Sand Tomb now stack their chip damage if used more than once. One Sand Tomb still does 1/16 damage, but if used again next turn, the chip damage will be 1/8, and so forth. To balance this, the counter only checks the first use of Sand Tomb, and all increases will vanish when the Pokémon is no longer trapped.
>>
>>31051512
>Is it commonly run?
It's one of the most common moves for it alongside Heavy Slam and Sub.
>>
>>31051225

if you're going to shit on the battle mechanics at least make them good changes.

>nerf twave even though gen 7 did it for you
>nerf toxic into obscurity
>freeze has never needed editing of any kind, almost no moves freeze anyway
>nerfing protect even though it's actually completely balanced
>removing the thing about uturn and volt switch that actually makes them good
>making anything weak to normal, ever
>removing water's ice resistance because reasons
>Scald
>"I have no idea how to fix this move"

it's not broken because burn damage is complete dog shit in gen 7. that is enough of a nerf, we don't need you making it completely unviable you twit.
>nerfing stealth rock

youve never gotten past 1200 on the ladder have you
>>
>>31051626
please and thank you

>>31051673
that actually sounds kind of interesting, makes that binding item more useful
>>
File: 1455370289076.jpg (510KB, 1050x875px) Image search: [Google]
1455370289076.jpg
510KB, 1050x875px
>>31051225
I forgot to mention that the Volt Switch and U-Turn change just makes you choose who you're switching into before the turn is executed - it doesn't change how the move plays out. If the Pokemon using U-Turn goes first, the Pokemon you picked is switched in. If it goes second, same thing. If it faints before the move is pulled off (either from a move, passive damage like Iron Barbs etc), it won't switch in that Pokemon.

I don't know if that was obvious or not. I left Parting Shot and Baton Pass alone because they don't deal damage, but maybe it would be better to include them in that as well.

>>31051548
I don't think this is entirely necessary. Symmetry doesn't necessarily mean something is balanced (which is why I shouldn't have brought up the Toxic change). I think physical attackers have always been more prevalent.

>>31051529
Disagree with Eviolite change, even with making it Chansey-exclusive. A general nerf to Eviolite would work better, like making it only a 1.3x boost to defense instead.

Disagree with Smack Down change, EdgeQuake is already phenomenal coverage and you're just making Landorus-T extremely happy.

>>31051666
>This got fucknerfed this gen, don't even bother.
I don't understand. I just want Talonflame to be less versatile, but still a good way to keep setup sweepers in check.
>Keldeo is UU
JESUS CHRIST
>Scald burns both user and target
Very very interesting. Although I did forget the Burn nerf introduced this gen.

>>31051716
Forgot about the Burn nerf, my b.
>Nerfing Stealth Rock
I honestly don't have a problem with the move, but I think it would help Pokemon like Yanmega, Articuno, Moltres etc see use. I only adjusted it for the 4x weak Pokemon - it still functions the same otherwise. Stealth Rock is good.

U-Turn and Volt Switch are way too good, they really do need nerfs.

Same with Water. It's too well-rounded of a type. Losing Ice resistance wouldn't really change much.

Toxic change was definitely retarded, my mistake.
>>
>>31051225
>stagger
This is exact same as just taking all flinch inducing moves and cutting their activation rate in half
>Fairy is now weak to Normal.
makes no sense
>scald
Just lower burn chance to 10%, done
>>
>>31051225
>Thunder Wave
Perfectly fine the way it is.
>Toxic
Is fine the way it is. Reduce the # of pokemon that can learn it, if anything.
>Freeze
Is fine the way it is.
>Flinching
Is fine the way it is.
>Protect
Shouldn't fail if the opponent switches. That's all it needs.
>U-turn and Volt Switch
Why would you even use these with this effect? They're fine. MAYBE a base power reduction.
>Gale Wings
Assuming you're also removing the full health thing, then this is a good change.
>Fairy
Nothing should be weak to normal. Ghost might be more appropriate, but it would likely need another type to resist it (maybe bug). Messing with Type Chart is dangerous though, and it's hard to think about every possibility.
Making fairy neutral to bug is a good change.
>Water
Ice is fine as an offensive type, why would you change this?
>Scald
Make the burn chance 10%. It's not even much of an issue anymore with Fini and the burn nerf. Maybe 20% would be good enough.
>Stealth Rock
Reduce the number of pokes with access and make sure they're mostly shitmons. No need to change the damage.
>>
okay time for the complete rebalance we need
>paralysis
1/4th of original speed, no other effects
>freeze
half sp.a, 6% per turn
increase distribution and chances (scald counterpart for freeze, freezing willo counterpart with 80 acc)
>burn
unchanged from SM
>confusion
1/8th recoil applied to every attack, no immobility
>evasion modifiers
remove from the game entirely, no reason for accuracy to be modified in any other way and all it does is cause issues

congratulations, the game isn't as shit. now nerf most megas and remove z crystals and we're good to go
>>
>>31051529
>eviolite not working for normal pokemon

wahhhhhhh i got walled by chansey wahhhhhhhhh

changing a battle mechanic should not only affect a single pokemon, it should be for the good of the game as a whole. please never post again

>>31051843

stealth rock doesnt need nerfing. not every pokemon needs to be ou. charizard is double weak and does just fine (the fact that he has a mega is irrelevant, his user still needs to have some way to remove rocks). yanmega was banned from ru despite being double weak to rocks. articuno is one of my favorite pokes but he has a shit typing and nerfing rocks wont change much for him.

if youre going to insist on nerfing uturn and volt switch then nerf them to 60 bp. this allows them to keep their utility but decrease the overall damage. if technician users want to run it then fine, force them to use technician. either way it's a dumb change.

and do you think that weaknesses and resistances are just arbitrarily determined or something? there is no thematic reason for water to not resist ice just as there is no thematic reason for a pokemon whose two types are weak to rock getting its hp sheared by being pelted with pointed rocks.

the type chart is fine as it is and needs no changes. the addition of fairy was perfect. dragon was the most powerful type in the game by far and fairy brought it down a peg as well as nerfing fighting and dark, two also very good types. being weak to poison and steel was something those two types needed as almost nothing was weak to them due to other type combinations (in poison's case) or just rarely being seen (in steel's case).

the only problem with creating a type that beats the best type is now you have a new best type. if i could just throw a type in for s/g i'd make it weak to grass because grass could use a bit more offensive relevance but that makes no sense so just leave fairy the way it is. it's not so op that it _needs_ fixing.
>>
>>31051529
>>eviolite
Remove Blissey from the game. Done.
>>
In line with toxic:

>thunder wave is 100% accurate for electric types
>will-o-wisp is 100% accurate for fire types

>remove evasion-boosting and accuracy-lowering moves
>>
>>31051225
Heal Order, Milk Drink, Recover, Roost, Shore Up, Slack Off, and Soft-Boiled now have a max of 8 PP, just like Synthesis, Morning Sun, and Moonlight.
>>
>>31051512
Celesteela is based off of bamboo, among several other things (japanese princess, rocket ship). Just look at the arms anon. Pretty grassy lookin to me
>>
>>31051479
>not brain power
>>
>>31051716
>burn damage is dog shit in gen 7, so burn/scald are fixed!!

You have no room to call that guy a shitter if you're braindead enough to think the damage was the problem with scald and burn in general.
>>
>>31052060
>if youre going to insist on nerfing uturn and volt switch then nerf them to 60 bp. this allows them to keep their utility but decrease the overall damage. if technician users want to run it then fine, force them to use technician. either way it's a dumb change.
Nerf it to 65 you stupid, stupid man. You do not want Scizor busting 90BP caps in your ass while also switching out.
>>
>>31051982
Dont lower uturn bp, scizor is still out there
>>
>>31052057
Tbh this is perfect, removing chance from the game is wonderful and I really like the freeze idea.
>>
>U-Turn and Volt Switch
>The user must now select the Pokemon they are switching into BEFORE the turn is executed. Baton Pass and Parting Shot still function normally.
One of the most unnecessary nerfs I've ever seen.
>>
>>31051225
new status that reduces spAtk like how burn reduces Atk when?
>>
>>31051359
>making MORE things resist Grass
You need to be sent to a mental facility.
>>
itt: faggots try to make their shitmons viable by LITERALLY reworking the entire game

lmao
>>
>>31053671
>Making shitmons viable is a bad thing!
>Reworking bad game mechanics is a bad thing!
???
>>
>>31051225
>badly paralyzed
>not crippled
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.