[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you effectively use this little guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

how do you effectively use this little guy?
>>
Shell Smash + White Herb
Acrobatics
Edgequake
Shiny in a dusk ball
>>
>>31051139
>stone edge
>not rock slide
Enjoy your non flinching stone miss
>>
>>31051157
They didn't say stone edge

>>31051120
Shell smash n' focus sash I like to run, but white herb sounds good too
>>
>>31051157
Nevermind, I can't read
>>
>>31051120

use him as a suicide lead or a safe switch in on statusfags since Shields Down negates Burn/Sleep/Para/Poison/Freeze. Still can get confused tho.

Adamant/Jolly w/ White Herb
252 Att, 252 Spd 6HP

-Shell Smash
-Acrobatics
-Rock Slide/Stone Miss
-Earthquake/Explosion

Minior doesn't like Priority or Taunt
>>
>>31051184
>>31051198
Edgequake means stone edge + earthquake
>>
>>31051264
See >>31051198
>>
What if I wanted to run a special set?
>>
>>31051120
Focus Sash or White Herb
Use shell smash on first turn
Now use any move and watch as the enemy melts
>>
>>31051329
Power gem is your only stab type special move, so a physical set is best
>>
>>31051329
I've been using the following. In monotype shit though. So it's a bit redundant.

252HP/252SpAtk/4Atk @ Weakness policy
Shell Smash
Power Gem
Acrobatics
HP Grass
>>
>>31051329

If Minior ever got Air Slash we'd be in for some real podracing but alas minior's only special STAB is power gem.
>>
>>31051157
Are you mentally impaired?

There's 4chan autism and then there's this actual autism
>>
File: Minior.full.2025460.jpg (259KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Minior.full.2025460.jpg
259KB, 800x800px
I've played a lot with both.
Special and physical

Modest 252HP/252SpAtk/4Spe @ white herb
Shell Smash
Power Gem
Dazzling Gleam
Psychic

That's the best, and he misses his flying stab, but the real problem, comparing the two, is the perfect neutral coverage that he has in the physical set.

Adamant/Jolly w/ White Herb
252 Att, 252 Spd 6HP

-Shell Smash
-Acrobatics
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

This set is great.

Also, notably, you can run normalium z(for z-shell smash) on the special set because it doesn't require the white herb to activate acrobatics
>>
>>31052454
The second set should have 252 in HP and 6 in Speed, my mistake. You need him to survive one hit guaranteed.
>>
>>31051915
>SiLvallyGunner
>L
Ya dun goof'd.
>>
>>31051298
oh sorry, i thought you were the other guy replying to his own post
>>
>>31051139
>not luxury ball
holy shit how retarded are you
>>
>>31051397
Nature?
>>
>>31051329
At best you could run a mixed set, since Minior has shitty special move selection. It might be worth considering, but sticking physical is probably better.
>>
I really want to use him in the battle tree but he just has so many weaknesses that I struggle to find two decent partners.
>>
>>31053448
He does fine as a lead in battle tree.
I've been using golisopod and clefable as partners

I can post the sets tomorrow if this thread is still around.
>>
>>31053096
>wanting gold entrance animation on the beautiful Black Star named David Bowie
Nah
>>
Meme pokemon used by underage, do not even attempt to use it.
>>
>>31053448
Minior actually excels in the battle tree. the AI handles pokemon that are immune to status very poorly, and will happily spam Toxic and Thunderwave against a shields up Minior or Komala. Minior is actually one of the better battle tree Pokemon period, it's shields up defence is really good, so it probably won't get OHKO'd by anything.
>>
go bait somewhere else
>>
>>31053473
Minior is the best Shell Smash sweeper in the game, friendo.
>>
>>31053476
>t's shields up defence is really good, so it probably won't get OHKO'd by anything.
desu this is the thing I'm worried about. 100 defenses seems good but 60 HP has me worried
>>
>>31053505
So put ev's into hp, like everyone in the thread has been suggesting.

It's a great battle tree lead. I would say it rarely gets OHKO by anything(only time mine has is from a mega)
>>
>got a naive shiny minior while breeding for jolly or adamant

Should I trash it or will the shields help him not get ohko?
>>
>>31053476
Also of note, Komala leads to the same amusement from the AI.

It doesn't really 'get' the comatose ability.
>>
>>31053488
Alright kiddo, make sure you return to reddit tomorrow too.
>>
why invest in speed when you're just gonna shell smash anyway?
why not be tanky?
>>
File: Cloyster.gif (27KB, 275x300px) Image search: [Google]
Cloyster.gif
27KB, 275x300px
>>31053488

>252 Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Minior: 330-400 (101.8 - 123.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
And that's without prior boosts from Shell Smash and Shields Down taking effect.

>+2 252 Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Minior: 670-790 (206.7 - 243.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(134, 134, 138, 138, 140, 140, 144, 144, 146, 146, 150, 150, 152, 152, 156, 158)

The only thing Minior could really do is Power Gem since Cloyster has abysmal special defense and could be OHKO'd by it, but Cloyster suicide leads negate that with Focus Sash, which they should use, because again, shit special defense.

TL;DR: Minior is a damn good Shell Smash sweeper, but Cloyster still reigns supreme.
>>
>>31051120
What is that, some kind of crusty Koffing?
>>
>>31053735
I did not mean to copy the numbers in parentheses there. My bad.
>>
>>31053735
Isn't that because Skill Link Icicle Spear STAB on a 4x weakness target is crazy? Minior has better defenses against status and more balanced bulk with more HP and Sp.Def.

I'm still agreeing btw
>>
>>31053801
2x, actually. Ice is neutral to rock. Although in terms of survivalbility Minior does have Cloyster beat, but I was only taking damage into account. which Cloyster wins in. Minior definitely shouldn't be overlooked, that's for sure, and this is coming from a Cloyster Shell Smash main.
>>
>>31053567
Bin it
>>
>>31053865
Oh damn, I need to read up on my type match ups.

Thanks, guv
>>
Mixed Minior is best Minior.
>>
>>31052454
What's the point of Psychic on that first set? It only adds a SE coverage on Poison. Aren't there any other good special moves for Minior?
>>
>>31053735
I don't think you understand what "best Shell Smash sweeper in the game" means. It has nothing to do with beating other Shell Smashers 1v1. That's completely asinine. It's about how the Shell Smashers do against literally everything else.

Stone Edge + Acrobatics + Earthquake is reasonably difficult to switch into off of what is a high attacking stat for something with access to Shell Smash, and a jump from "faster than pretty much everything" to "faster than literally everything" after it transforms, with the defenses to not get 1-shot.

Shell Smashers in particular aren't very good. The best back in Gen 6 was Cloyster, and that's entirely because of Icicle Spear. Minior just so happens to have the overall best set of attributes vs normal Pokemon (good bulk+status immunity to set up a shell smash with, then incredible speed and power to follow it up), so it's probably the best Shell Smasher.
>>
>>31053975
I'll be perfectly honest; I haven't even used Cloyster in Gen 7 yet because the S/M Pokebank update isn't out yet. I don't play Showdown, either. I was taking the new Pokemon into account (obviously not in my posts), and in my experience, I've seen very few counters for Cloyster back in Gen 6. Looking at the Gen 7 Pokemon (Alolan forms included), I see very few counters, too, examples being Toxapex, Nihilego, and AV Buzzwole.

The more I think about it, it's hard to say which one is "truly" the best SS Sweeper, but both have their ups and downs. Here's the Cloyster set I run.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpA
- Surf (Hydro Pump's 80% accuracy is far too unreliable trading off for higher base power)
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash

This set has led me to completely wiping the floor with the Battle Maison, and people online even more. Given the Battle Tree and its bullshit RNG, I wouldn't be surprised if it throws a Toxapex my way.
>>
>>31054177
For in-game, balance obviously doesn't matter. For online/showdown, Cloyster's counter is that it mostly only beats bad people. Most people that play but don't really understand the game switch in order to counter something. Cloyster doesn't work that way. You just attack it the turn it hits Shell Smash and then just revenge it since even at +2 it misses OHKOs and too frail to eat priority. You could argue "but then it forced a 1 for 1!" but you might've traded your full health Cloyster for their 50% health Pokemon that already got value.
>>
>>31054248
With +2 boosts, Cloyster already has the boosts it needs to range from KO'ing a few Pokemon to a complete sweep. Anything not resisting Ice generally gets removed from the playing field via Icicle Spear.

The set I previously posted is one I've used for several years now, and it is plenty viable to take on and remove huge threats such as Alolan Marowak, Focus Sash Pheromosa, and Tapu Lele.

Have you used Shell Smash Cloyster? I'm not asking in a rude way, I'm just curious.
>>
>>31054177
Minior has a couple of advantages over Cloyster, and a few disadvantages.
Acrobatics is very, very good, and Edgequake is fantastic coverage to be packing on a +2. Minior doesn't have quite as good physical bulk, but also has far better special bulk while in Shields up. Shields up prevents something from ruining your sweep with a well placed Thunder Wave or Wisp, and the ability as a whole pulls off some mini-Aegislash level bullshit with its stats. It is also less reliant on its item, as the purpose of the White Herb is mostly to be consumed anyways. Cloyster on the other hand really needs that sash, meaning spikes or rocks severely hurt it.
If Minior wants, it can run Power Gem over stone edge for that sexy mixed coverage (Not unlike Surf on Cloyster). Minior covers its weaknesses better, but is more susceptible to priority, especially Bullet Punch.
Cloyster counters people who switch to counter it, while Minior really wants to get hit on the set-up turn.
They have major differences in style, but I'd say Minior is a bit better overall because of its versatility. Without ever Shell Smashing, Minior can help the team by swapping into status. hazard control isn't as big a deal, and unlike Cloyster who heavily relies on Icicle SPear, Minior threatens with three quite good moves. The tradeoff to Minior is the lack of multihit utility, and priority weakness, especially once Shields go down.
The real question is why not both?
>>
>>31054620
It should be said that Cloyster really enjoys the support granted by Aurora Veil, Misty terrain and/or psychic terrain. Minior can't take advantage of the latter two because it's not grounded.
>>
>>31054177
Cloyster is in the Alola dex famalam
>>
>>31055048
Sadly this hurts him a lot. Priority is a weakness of minior
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.