[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the BW hate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1477856771123.jpg (42KB, 267x367px) Image search: [Google]
1477856771123.jpg
42KB, 267x367px
I played, and loved, BW, and I loved it specifically because there were little to NO old mons in it. Why is that so bad? Why can't people just use new mons? Are people really that stupid?
>>
>>31050397

But OP, I see way more "why do people hate B/W so much" posts than I see "I hate B/W" posts
>>
>>31050422
Are you dyslexic? Because every other thread, for months now, has been a gen 5 hate thread.
>>
>>31050397

More people liked Gen V than disliked it. But the people who did dislike it just tend to be pretty loud about that dislike. Maybe because overall it's one of the more well-liked generations, they feel the need to be more vocal about their contrary opinion.
>>
>>31050397
BW gathers a very polarized mix of opinions. It is the last real 'old' Pokemon game, with sprites, less focus on innovation, but also a summation of very new ideas, such as making another 150 dex and more plot.

In the end, opee, it's not that BW are hated, it's just that they are equally loved and hated by many. B2W2, on the other hand, is generally very loved, for improving on everything of its predecessor.
>>
>>31050588
Other way around actually. Unless you're talking specifically about /vp/, in which you're right.
>>
>>31050397
>little to NO old mons in it
This is really just as bad as
>little to NO new mons in it

A game needs both comfort and surprise. There hasn't yet been a game that really balanced the two well.
>>
>>31050687

Nope, I meant what I said. Gen V is overall very well-liked, recent backlash notwithstanding.
>>
>>31050711
Then you're wrong. Normies mostly dislike it, and normies make up the majority of the franchise.
>>
>>31050826

Having known a fair number of "normie" people who played Gen V, I'd disagree. The lack of new Pokémon in BW was a bit polarizing, but besides that I recall people enjoying the games quite a bit.
>>
>>31050397
I liked Gen 5 for that same reason.
It forces you to get familiar, and develop preferences for the new Pokemon. If the designers at GF put any effort into making new Pokemon, wouldn't they want the players to actually use them?

And then once you're in the post-game and have learned how to use the new Pokemon, you can refamiliarize yourself with the old Pokemon that you already know how to use, and you're better equipped to move on to the meta and competetive play.

Shame that they backpedaled from that entirely.
>fewer new, original Pokemon in Gen6
>what few new Pokemon there are in Gen7, are harder to find and hide behind previous generation Pokemon.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.