[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>after the next new generation, we will get black and white remakes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (111KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 1024x904px
>after the next new generation, we will get black and white remakes
>>
no we won't.
>>
>>31050141
is there really a point if the games stay on 3DS which has DS compatibility? The games really haven't changed much from Diamond and Pearl let alone Black and White

but nostalgia sells so they'll probably still do it
>>
>>31050150
Remakes do business. So as long as there is a demand, we'll keep getting them.
>>
File: 1482797456549.png (148KB, 780x675px) Image search: [Google]
1482797456549.png
148KB, 780x675px
>>31050141
Figured it would be a frogposter saying this like it's a bad thing
>>
>>31052698
yeah just like third versions right?

you remakefags are just indulging in a self fulfilling prophecy. stop acting like remakes are inevitable and giving them buzz and maybe they'll stop doing them and start actually doing something different.

this "every game must be remade" mentality is fucking cancer and by this logic we should be getting kanto remakes next.
>>
>>31052698
>So as long as there is a demand, we'll keep getting them

Exactly, there aren't that many people who would demand Gen 5 remakes. Gens 1, 2, and 3 had the most demand, so of course they did them.
>>
>>31052698
>gen 5 remakes
>in demand
heh
>>
I know. Gen 5 still feels way too recent.
I'd hold off on the D/P remakes too, but I know they won't.
>>
So would they have to cram 1 and 2 into one game? That could be kind of amazing actually.
>>
Black and White 3, not remakes.
They're going to finish the BW trilogy.
>>
>>31050141
If GameFreak knows what they're doing, we'll get Black 3 and White 3.
>>
>>31052729
You mean the third versions that never sold above 10m? Or how about the part where Masuda said they are still open to remakes.
>>31052819
>>31052831
You morons act like gen 3 was always popular or something. Here's the fucking cycle, demand for remake rises after the release of another remake. Each subsequent remake has sold better than the last despite the game the remakes were based on sold progressively worse. Fact check at least once.
>>
>>31053842
Gen 3, is, and always has been, more popular than Gen 5. Do you not know all the hype that was caused by the reveal of le ebin Hoenn remakes? Because that level of hype would not happen with Unova, or even Sinnoh.
>>
>village bridge remix
Sign me up.
>>
>>31053842
>You mean the third versions that never sold above 10m?

You mean the third versions that are easy as piss to produce because they're basically just adding a tiny amount of content to an already finished game?
>>
>>31052698
We don't even have demand for gen 4 remakes. Five isn't happening any time soon.
>>
>>31053842
>You morons act like gen 3 was always popular or something
Uh yes it was.
After all it was the gen that reignited interest in pokemon after pokemania died out.
>>
>>31054989
Really? Because I remember it as the generation where everyone jumped ship. Every where I looked , people where harping about how fucking awful it was and that Pokemon was dead, especially since we couldn't transfer from gen 2.
>>
File: imgres.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
When are they actually going to stop with the remakes though? In ten or so years are we going to be seeing X and Y remakes or remasters??
>>
>>31055014
That was gen 2. Merch sales dropped, anime ratings reached a low point and the games weren't selling as well as they did before.
With gen 3 now while there were a few people who were peeved at no transfers it was never a deal breaker as they were enamored with the new region not being a part of Kanto as well as the various improvements in both graphics and games.
>>
>>31055040
In all honesty this is a perfect place to stop since the DS games can all go on VC.
>>
well you know what by that time, i wouldn't mind a Unova remake specially because there is no Unova champion ribbon in gen 5 and i want one for my pokemon
>>
>>31055081
And then Ruby/Sapphire went on to sell less than the generations prior.
>>
>>31055282
Yes because it didn't have the fad backing it up like gen 1 and early 2. However they still became the best selling games on the system.
This isn't rocket science.
>>
I would love for gen 4 to get remade with a more competent director.
>>
>>31055363
>Yes because it didn't have the fad backing it up like gen 1 and early 2.
Which is why DPPt and BW/BW2 both sold more than RSE.
>>
>>31050141
I hope it'll be BW3 or a remake of BW1+2 together somehow. But this won't happen for another 6 years or so
>>
>>31055545
quantity != quality
>>
>>31055560
I'm not saying the games were better, I'm saying that there were more popular.
>>
>Still no remakes of the Gen 1 remakes

Fix this shit, GF!
>>
>>31055560
Gen 5 was better than gen 3 though. Better story, soundtrack, characters, post-game etc.
>>
>>31055081
>With gen 3 now while there were a few people who were peeved at no transfers it was never a deal breaker as they were enamored with the new region not being a part of Kanto as well as the various improvements in both graphics and games.
It's strange how you state your own opinion and then pretend that it applies to a majority of the fanbase. I remember a time when gen 3 was disliked among a large portion of people. Dunno if it was the majority, but it was certainly less popular than it is today, I'm assuming because people who grew up with it started to have more of more of a presence online years later which drowned out the haters.

And while I agree Pokemania died around 2001/2002, Gen 3 in no way "reignited interest".
>>
>>31055545
DPPt sold more because it was on a system with a far bigger reach. However it barely sold 1 mill more despite having nearly double the potential.
In that sense it performed worse than RSE.

As for Gen 5, as much as I like that's the worst selling generation of them all.
>>
lol@Gen 3 fanboys trying to re write history, no body liked your shitty generation back when it came out, and many still don't like it now. Loads of people straight up lost interest in Pokemon because of it, it was shit.
>>
The return of triple and rotation battles will be its selling point.
>>
>>31055677
You do realise the irony in your post right?
You're stating your own opinion as if its applying to the majority of the fanbase.
You can easily look back to older gaming magazines and sites to set that the only really issue among fans was that you couldn't transfer but it didn't put them off due to the new features and mon.
Many posts and letters even had them saying it was a breath of fresh air.

>Gen 3 in no way "reignited interest".
Which is why the series saw a rise in merch and ratings as well as a considerable amount of spin off series right?
>>
File: IMG_3443.jpg (120KB, 755x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3443.jpg
120KB, 755x420px
So does that mean some years in the future we'll get an Alola remake?
>>
>>31056024
Literally Gen V summarized
>>
>>31055677
Not him but back the we went through mini resurge somewhat similar to XY.
>>
>>31056042
>You're stating your own opinion as if its applying to the majority of the fanbase.
Never mentioned my opinion at all. I actually like Gen 3.

>You can easily look back to older gaming magazines and sites to set that the only really issue among fans was that you couldn't transfer but it didn't put them off due to the new features and mon.
>Many posts and letters even had them saying it was a breath of fresh air.
If you say so.

>Which is why the series saw a rise in merch and ratings as well as a considerable amount of spin off series right?
Which happens at the beginning of every generation?
>>
>>31056070
>Which happens at the beginning of every generation?
On the contrary. It didn't happen with both gen 2 and 4.
As for spin offs it doesn't take a genius to realise that they don't happen at the start of a gen.
>>
>>31053706
>Gen 5 still feels way too recent.
Dude, Gen 4 STILL feels way too recent.
>>
File: 1470583789239.png (408KB, 597x589px) Image search: [Google]
1470583789239.png
408KB, 597x589px
>dumb frogposter is bad at his own patterns and believes 3ds will see the DiaPea remakes
you can't make this shit up
>>
>gen 5 remakes

After the ORAS abomination, I'd rather just see BW3
>>
>>31056103
You really think that's going to stop them from making another HGSS tier game?
If anything were going to get the first bad Umiva game with a broken down PWT.
>>
>>31056080
I'm pretty sure the first games of a generation always sell more than ones from the middle of the previous one.
>>
>>31056196
You're not really picking up on what's being said are you.
>>
>>31050141
No bro, Game Freak will just fuck it up. Look at all that wasted potential with OR/AS.
>>
>>31056219
No, I'm not. Can you explain it? It sounds like you're saying that gen 3 reignited interest because there were more sales than the middle/end of gen 2, which is obvious and doesn't really say anything.
>>
can we just skip straight to the xy remakes
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.