[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions that don't deserve their own thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 285
Thread images: 42

File: 1476817069145.png (143KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476817069145.png
143KB, 565x600px
Igglybuff can have Igglybuff, Jigglypuff and Happiny as SOS Pokemon. I want Jigglypuff.

Igglybuff calls for another Igglybuff and I defeat it, it keeps calling for Igglybuff afterward. I'm confused. Can it still call for Jigglypuff (or even Happiny) at this point or will it just stay on Igglybuff and I need to find another Igglybuff that *will* call for Jigglypuff?
>>
SOS encounters have the same odds no matter what, it's just that species different from the caller are rarer and can take quite some time to appear. Keep at it long enough and one'll show up.
>>
>>31049251
Good in game team?

Decidueye

Salazzle

Magnezone

Wishiwashi

Lycanrok sun

Alolan Muk
>>
Best nature for decidueye?
>>
>>31050106
Didn't use Decidueye, but I heard it's solid for a playthrough. A-Muk is very good with very few weaknesses and lots of STAB, take off Wishiwashi and put another water type.
>>
>>31050070
Actually, there are different values for how likely that species is to call for help, from 0 to 15.
>>
>>31050106

they are all good except wishiwashi and lycanrok

also, getting a female salazze with the right nature can make you waste over an hour, it is worth it, see if you can get someone to trade you the female preevolution.
>>
Does wild elekid ever stop calling for help? If not, does it ever not succeed? I've been trying to catch this same elekid for like ten minutes now and it's never by itself.
>>
>>31050791

Just bad luck. Give it a status condition. That'll quiet it down.
>>
Is there a resource you can check to get the rates for SOS pokemon being called?
>>
>>31050106
drop lycanroc, trust me
it's a total shitmon
>>
Good Ingame team?
Decidueye
A-Marowak
Hakamo-o
Tsareena
Turtonator
Gumshoos
>>
>>31053051
Box Decidueye and Gumshoos
>>
Is there ANY way to redeem elemental monkeys and liepard? I have never seen such shit pokemon before or after and seen them foisted upon the player with such force
>>
>>31049251
Why not just roll on igglybuff until you max out happiness?
>>
>>31053091
Why those two?
>>
Is anyone else triggered when two counterpart pokemon get seperated and one is favored over the other? Like Skarmory and Mantine, Mantine got a 20 point buff and a baby pokmon and Skarmory did not.
>>
>>31053127
decidueye is good but it peaked mid game for me, gumshoos is a totally worthless shitmon. Turtonator is too desu
>>
>>31049251
OP if you want a jiggs that badly, slap a soothe bell on Iggs, feed it ~15 happiness berries, give it a massage, let it gain about 5 levels or so, and you're done.

Or if you're lazy, breed a non-Dhelmise Fishingmon like Relicanth, Psychic Triggerfiish, or Alomomola and ask on the GTS for it.
>>
>>31050106
Alolan Muk and Magnezone will save your asses constantly.

Wishiwashi is situational and a one trick pony but it's a really goddamn good trick.

For the love of god swap out Lycanrock for a Mudbray/Mudsdale with sturdy or something. Lycanrock is basically meant to be a suicide lead to set up rocks, hit things kind of hard with priority moves, then die like a bitch.
>>
>>31053134
then just don't consider them counterparts then
For example, Sandslash got an Alolan form, Arbok didn't
Slowpoke got Slowking, Psyduck got nothing
beedrill got a mega and butterfree doesn't, but there are dexes that have one and not the other, like Alola's
>>
>>31053154
Actually, Turtonator for me is kicking ass and taking names. Gumshoos is behind a level from my starter.
>>
>>31053114
>>31053182
I mean tbqh, I thought waiting for the Jigglypuff to appear via SOS and catching it would be easier than raising one myself, but I guess the rates for it are rarer than I fucking thought. Oh well, I'll raise an Igglybuff then.
>>
>>31049251
Is Alolan Persian any good? After spending 2 days maxing Meowths happiness it makes me hope that there'd be some fruit to this effort beyond a dex entry
>>
I wanted to make a plaewave pokemon team that all either looked cute or had nice colors thoughts on this team?

Mimikyu
Gastrodon
Goodra
Snorlax
Roserade
Metagross (mega)
>>
>>31053182
Any reason you said non-Dhelmise?
>>
How do I stop hating myself?
>>
Best natures for all the UB's?

Also please tell me the Sync trick works for event Pokemon, I have so many events to pick up from OR and X that I don't even want to go back and do a soft reset hell for good natures of each
>>
>>31053996
I'd suggest therapy, but I don't know if your insurance covers it. Failing that, try to identify things that you don't like about yourself that you can change, and get working on changing them.
>>
>>31054010
Don't know off hand, but I remember some of them aren't the usual Timid/Modest/Adamant/Jolly.

No dice on the sync to my vague recollection.
>>
>>31054044
did some reasearch and all of them seem to be either timid or jolly

The only one I don't know what the fuck to do is Guzzlord
>>
>>31049251
It will call for Jigglypuff eventually. You need to chain them.
Most Pokémon, when SOS battling, have roughly a 90% chance to call themselves and a 10% chance to call a different species (such as an evolved form).

>>31050119
The eternal wisdom of usage stats dictates Adamant

>>31050791
Each species has a different call rate. I once found a Swift Swim Psyduck after a chain of about 20, but by the time it stopped calling for help long enough for me to catch it, I'd used over 50pp

>>31052938
Serebii has on each Pokémon's page an "SOS Calling", which is how often they will call for help, and on each route's or area's page it has info on which other Pokémon each base Pokémon can call (click "Toggle SOS Details")

>>31053092
Liepard is a massive threat in doubles.
It has Fake Out, Prankster Encore, Thunder Wave and STAB foul play. Last gen Swagger was big too, but not so much this year.
The monkeys are surprisingly decent setup sweepers with swords dance/nasty plot, focus sash and blaze/overgrow/torrent.
>>
File: sm.png (81KB, 823x169px) Image search: [Google]
sm.png
81KB, 823x169px
Is my team alright?
>>
>>31054418
What are you using it for?
I can't think of any metagame that team would be legal but not shit in. If it's in-game then it's really up to you what you use, but using an event legendary would be shit taste.
If you're planning to go online with it you will be destroyed.
>>
so I'm working on a doubles team to battle my mates with. no legends, UBs, or Tapus, but megas are allowed, plus we use all 6. I've only really been able to find stuff for VGC and the like, and I'm not sure what would be a particularly good setup in this situation
>>
>>31054458
You asked this in the VGC thread a few days ago didn't you?
First, get friends who aren't dumb
Second, just use Drizzle+Swift Swim or Disquake or something.
>>
What do I need to do to get the consolation prize in the mission? Just sign up? Or I need to catch at least one scan mon?
>>
>>31049251
Is it possible to obtain the other z stones for the other starters?
>>
good 3rd party member for battle tree
I currently have Garchomp, and Mimikyu made.
>>
>>31055034
You get them handed postame
>>
File: 600px-776Turtonator.png (244KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-776Turtonator.png
244KB, 600x600px
Any tips for finding this guy ? I know it's route 12 but damn i managed to find torkoal a lot more with the same 10% chance
>>
>>31055514
Oh wait, it's actually Blush Mountain
>>
Does anyone have the list of appropriate natures for the UBs/Tapus?
I've been putting it off, but it's time to catch these things after making an Abra army
>>
File: 1482244814785.png (524KB, 584x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482244814785.png
524KB, 584x800px
>>31053323
It's really, really good
Z Parting Shot is amazing for muhmentum
You lead with it, Fake Out for FREE Sash pops, Play Foully if they have high ATk, Taunt if they're a shitstain waller, and then Parting Shot out (NON-Z FIRST)

You bring in a killer, do your job, and then leave when you take damage

Then you bring A Persian BACK in, repeat the above, but this time use Z Parting

Fur Coat with max Spd and (imo) SpD EVs
You take half physical at zero penalty and your only attacking move is huge base power, STAB, and scales further off of enemy Atk, so protecting yourself from Special is a bigger priority

In return, find me the answer to
>>31055609
>>
>>31055609
Not that guy, but kartana is probably best off jolly, buzzwole adamant or jolly, celesteela can be almost any nature, pheromsa adamant since you aren't getting outsped by anything ever, and nihelgo as timid or modest. Guzzlord could also probably be modest or quiet, or brave, although I'd recommend the first two more since intimidate and will-o-wisp and other attacking-lowering moves are a lot more common.
>>
Just started the game a couple hours ago, am on the second island. Anything I should know?

Also, is it just me or are the black screens after battles etc. too fucking long?
>>
>>31050106
wishiwashi is a beast ingame and pretty much the backbone of my team; its unfortunate that ice beam is really late game and eq is postgame
>>
>>31055726
is it any good in doubles?

>>31055609
as far as I've been made aware for tapus:
Koko: Timid
Lele: Modest
Bulu: Adamant
Fini: Calm
>>
>>31055904
Taunt and Fake Out are fantastic opening tools, but you aren't bulky enough to linger in doubles too long if they focus you
Play Rough if it's a kill, otherwise Parting Shot out turn 2/3
>>
Casual Pokemon player that hasn't played since Diamond/Pearl here, is Beedrill still good in Sun/Moon? I've got a Metapod that I'm slowly leveling and wondering if it's worth the effort because I heard Beedrill wasn't too good in one of the previous gens. I might also go for a Snorlax and Alakazam too since I liked them in older games. I'm not very far in the game yet.
>>
>>31053323
The smogon set is good, but ingame nasty plot sweep was much more useful. It gets power gem on level up, and with that and dark pulse it can take out half of the elite 4 by itself.
>>
>>31055962
>hasn't played since Diamond/Pearl
>is Beedrill still good in Sun/Moon?
The only times Beedrill was good were gen 2 and gen VI when it got a mega.
Its megastone is not available in SM though. Beedrill itself is not available until bank too.

And Metapod evolves into Butterfree
>>
>>31055962
Maybe bait, but just in case:
Metapod does not evolve into beedrill. It evolves into butterfree.
Butterfree has a cool distinction in-game as the best held item finder. Compound eyes will make it much easier to find wild held items.
Beedrill is not in SuMo, but it did get a mega evolution that made it a glass cannon of the highest order.

And go for snorlax or Alakazam. Butterfree won't be fun ingame due to its frailty and lack of attack power
>>
Is it possible to do the global missions without using game sync? It says you get double the rewards if you use it which suggests that its possible to do it without, but whenever I talk to the npc they say I need to use game sync just to participate
>>
File: Man Held Hostage By PS3 Games.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Man Held Hostage By PS3 Games.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
>>31056012
>>31056015
>Metapod evolves into Butterfree
Holy shit I'm retarded, I was going purely by memory and thought Metapod became Beedrill. It doesn't even make sense with real world logic applied, fuck me. I guess not paying attention to Pokemon for so long made my memory a bit hazy, just a slip of the mind I suppose.
Thanks for the answers though, guess I'll ditch the Metapod. Glad I didn't get much further, I just now got to the first Skull grunts.
>>
>>31055804
If you find any apricorn balls don't use them, there's only one of each per game
>>
If you breed a shiny Monior with a Ditto, what colour Minior will you get?
>>
>>31056459
The color the minior was.
>>
>>31056476
I sincerely doubt all the offspring would be shiny.

Or did you mean that Minior have some kind of hidden stat determining its colour, and the shiny's offspring will be whichever colour it would have been if it hadn't been shiny?
>>
>>31056513
Yes, each of the seven colors technically has its own shiny all of which look alike.
So if it was shiny red, you'd get red.
>>
File: IMG_9849.jpg (1MB, 1572x2557px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9849.jpg
1MB, 1572x2557px
>>31056536
You can tell what color your shiny minior was originally via its menu sprite.
>>
>>31056309
>don't use them
You can use them, just make sure to optimize your autism and throw them only on something that matches perfectly (and resetting if they fail.)
>>
>>31053787
Mimikyu is literally the biggest shitmon of the entire pokemon roster, drop it for something else
>>
>>31056706
t. Sub 1000 showdown shitter
>>
>>31056706
>Mimikyu worse than Roserade
That's nice anon. I'm sure Mimikyu being higher than literally any of those other 5 in both OU and VGC's November usage stats is invalid because you're literally the best at everything.
>>
>>31056536
>>31056592
I see, thanks.
>>
>>31056644
I can only recommend that. Lunala in a moon ball is very nice, absolutely worth all those soft resets.
>>
>>31050106

hapu is going to wreck like two thirds of your team unless you have good level advantage on her btw
>>
File: HW4Dd4Z.png (177KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
HW4Dd4Z.png
177KB, 640x640px
How long should it take for a new riolu in a friend ball to have high enough friendship to evolve?
>>
Where can I find usage stats? Such as most common natures, move sets, items, etc.
>>
>>31053134
I used to but it happens so often now there's no point fretting about it anymore.
>>
Will a pokemon that got a base stat change between gens get an increase or decrease upon being transferred forward, or does it develop on level up?
>>
Does the Cute Charm field effect work for Egg Hatching?
>>
File: 1482136467397.jpg (94KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1482136467397.jpg
94KB, 1000x1000px
Natures and move sets for Tapu Fini? Was thinking either Bold or Modest and Calm Mind/Defog. I have the Battle Tree in mind as well.
>>
>>31053965

Because I overflowed Wonder Trade and GTS with Dhelmise's. They're basically shit trades now.

sorry
>>
File: IMG_0730.jpg (23KB, 440x504px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0730.jpg
23KB, 440x504px
Can you transfer shot from r/b/y now? Or not until the bank update next month?
>>
Anyone have any ideas on ways to spice up a second play through such as a nuzlocke etc?
>>
What happens to your Pokemon's characteristic (IE: "loves to eat", "proud of its power") when you use bottle caps on it? Do they change, or do they stay the same?
>>
How do i get a merciless mareanie? I got a female one with limber and a ditto. Should I breed for it and pray?
>>
>>31060282

may as well since hatching Maranies will be much quicker than actually SOSing another one.

Just keep in mind that babies have an 80% chance of inheriting the same nature as their parent.
>>
I know it's in January but when will bank be updated
>>
What is THE pelipper set right now?
>>
File: 351Castform.png (79KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
351Castform.png
79KB, 431x431px
What's the encounter rate of this fucker in SOS battles ? It has been days that I'm searching for it with the right condition but still nothing
>>
>>31060264
I can't confirm anything, but they should stay the same, as bottle caps don't actually change IVs, they just give permanent bonus stats that emulate perfect IVs and don't carry over when breeding or affect Hidden Power.
>>
How's this ingame team?

Driftblim
Crabominable (i know it'll be Crabrwaler most of the game)
Incineroar
Magnezone
Tsareena
Toxapex
>>
>>31060371
252hp/252def bold
scald
roost
defog
knock off
Toxic can probably replace something in there.
>>
>>31060739
In my run Crabrawler was a deadweight and managed to become even worse when it evolved. You should probably ditch it.
>>
>>31059085
But if I have something like Feebas, it'll still work in my favor, right?
>>
>>31060739
Seconded what >>31060893 said. If you want a fighting type get Stufful, its fucking amazing.
>>
>>31060472
I don't know how you're doing it but I was chaining snorunts near Tapu Village last night and got castform about 4 times. Didn't know they were rare, guess I should've caught one.
>>
>>31059052
An egg's gender is determined when you receive it, via a roll compared to that pokemon's gender ratio (unless it is monogendered or genderless, in which case the roll for gender determination is skipped entirely)
In short, no, because it's already been determined.
>>
>>31049251
Should I wait to evolve my pokemon?
>>
>>31060472

Hey if you're still looking for a castform I just caught one with a lax nature, if you want it.
>>
>>31061544
Before postgame: Most pokemon learn moves a few levels earlier than their evolved forms, but said preevolved forms tend to be quite a bit less powerful statwise. If that's a trade you're willing to make, go for it. A very few learn moves that the evolved forms CAN'T learn, but they are rare and you'd have to look them up (and those cases are usually either early shit moves or level 40+ moves)
Postgame: who the fuck cares you've got unlimited heart scales and access to the move tutor who can teach things forwards AND backwards, evolve whenever you want. Only reason not to evolve immediately is because you don't like the evolution.
>>
What are some competitively viable pink Pokemon? I thought a full Love Ball team would be pretty cool, but I'm a bit at an impasse. I've already got Bewear and Pink Minior, will probably MM for a shiny Ribombee, but other than that I don't know what else would work.
>>
>>31061693
Blissey
>>
File: 1477507136200.jpg (33KB, 412x409px) Image search: [Google]
1477507136200.jpg
33KB, 412x409px
In XY what is the best ball for Sigilyph?

Pic not related, I posted it only to get your attention?
>>
>>31061693
Have you considered pokemon who have pink shinies?
>>
>>31061749
Luxury is what I used, you don't have many options in XY.
>>
File: 20161129_232739.jpg (161KB, 1024x622px) Image search: [Google]
20161129_232739.jpg
161KB, 1024x622px
What is the most efficient way to mass hatch eggs?

1. Hatching one egg, swapping it immediately with one from the Breeder?

2. Hatching all 5 eggs all the while grabbing eggs from the breeder. Once 5 are hatched you have an entire box of eggs to swap out to continue the hatching.

3. Some other way
>>
>>31061794
>will probably MM for a shiny Ribombee
I thought about breeding 6 pink shines, but it would be a shitton of time to actually breed them and I'm not an injectfag yet. I guess if I did, I would go for shiny Crobat and maybe Komala, but even that's pushing it. What would you reccommend?
>>
File: 20161218_195012.jpg (263KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20161218_195012.jpg
263KB, 1280x720px
>>31061693
Lele is pink.

Also this thing.
>>
File: 20161227_213021.jpg (3MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
20161227_213021.jpg
3MB, 3264x1840px
Why is the Festival Plaza such a broken piece of shit ?
>>
>>31062172
I hope you registered yourself.
>>
>>31061920
You need only 1 pokèmon in your oarty anyway (the one with flame body) the rest are eggs that you put in your party and when an egg hatches you switch the newborn with the fresh baked egg of the breeder or if she has no eggs, just take one of them from the box.
>>
>>31062203
I tried but it fails to register.
>>
Competitive/breeding noob here: just got a jolly Mimikyu with perfect IVs except for defense which is very good. How much of a hindrance is that defense IV?
>>
What is the best way to get to 1.5 mil thumbs up with the Pokefinder? It's the last stamp I need.
>>
>>31062259
Not much as long as you have a Destiny Knot.
>>
>>31062276
Oh so don't train this one but instead everstone it and use it to get better IVs?
>>
>>31062311
Yes.
>>
Could somebody post the shiny chance for all shiny chaining methods (SOS/Masuda/SOS w charm/Masuda w charm)? Also how long does Masuda method with shiny charm generally take?
>>
What's a good Pokémon to put on the GTS if I want to trade with my other version and find myself quickly? Yungoos seems very inefficient
>>
If I put a Castform on GTS, do you think I could get a Nihilego easily?
>>
>>31049251
How can I get ice punch on Smeargle to breed it for Weavile?
>>
>>31061093

Feebas is fine, especially if you have a few spare Prism Scales. Isn't overflowed like Gible.
>>
Can I get banned for adding my freeshop version of Pokemon Moon on the Global Link?
>>
Best Modest HP Fire Magenzone build? Same as Smogon's XY set?
>>
>>31062936
Something like Paras, Morelull or Goldeen, all common enough for there only being a small risk of somebody sniping it while there only being few offered in the GTS at any given time (at least when I last checked).
>>
>>31064471
It's worth a try, people don't seem very attached to their Leggos. I got myself multiple from trading away Happinies.
>>
>>31050106
Switch Wishiwashi for Lanturn
>>
File: onlinebattle2.jpg (26KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
onlinebattle2.jpg
26KB, 400x240px
In Sun&Moon, can I see the OriginalTrainer of someone's Pokémon in a battle like in XY/ORAZ?
>>
File: 1471434699811.jpg (26KB, 383x287px) Image search: [Google]
1471434699811.jpg
26KB, 383x287px
>>31062793
Anybody?
>>
>>31064732
Nevermind I figured it out
>>
In doubles, can I use accupressure on a partner?
>>
>>31057051
http://www.smogon.com/stats/2016-11/moveset/ just which Pokémon are used are in the next directory up. Most metagames have several files which filter by players with a certain rating.
The most useful ones are probably
http://www.smogon.com/stats/2016-11/moveset/gen7pokebankou-1500.txt
http://www.smogon.com/stats/2016-11/moveset/gen7pokebankubers-1500.txt
http://www.smogon.com/stats/2016-11/moveset/gen7vgc2017-1500.txt

>>31057993
It'll happen immediately

>>31059647
It's a Bank thing.

>>31059982
Every time you lose a Pokémon, cut a finger off.

>>31060264
They stay the same

>>31061920
Get your parents in the daycare
Go into the hole in the fence where you can still see the daycare lady
Tauros it up until she gives eggs
Fill up until you have five eggs
Each time one hatches, run straight to the PC and check it. If it's better than the parents, sub it in immediately.

Loads of people wait until they have 'batches' but it's much, much slower than just having a full party of eggs wherever possible and having them constantly hatching.
>>
>>31064861

nope. Freeshop version comes directly from Nintendo's servers, so if they were to do it, they'd have to ban every digital copy, whether it's from e or free.
>>
>>31065214

I know that Masuda Method+Shiny Charm is 1/514, but I'm not too sure of the others.
>>
File: may.jpg (94KB, 477x600px) Image search: [Google]
may.jpg
94KB, 477x600px
What does it mean when a Pokemon doesn't give you a specific location in the pokedex? I'm trying to catch a Goomy or Sliggoo but it doesn't give me a specific patch of grass or anything, only the area.
>>
>>31066137

It means they are a special encounter.

Get two Pelippers or something with Rain Dance and Damp Rock, start an SOS chain and hope for the best.
>>
What do we know about that QR team rental feature? When is it gonna be implemented? Is there a possibility we are gonna be able to make our own custom QR codes?
>>
>>31066137
thanks senpai
>>
>>31053322
Dump it in the Pelago Isle Avue until happy
>>
Does Mr.Hyper let me not boost a stat if I use a gold cap or do I have to raise everything?
>>
>>31065573
Thank you, based anon
>>
What's a good nature for Zygarde? Mine's Mild, and I don't want to fuck this up because I just got all the cells.
>>
>>31062936
try SOS weather pokemon or pokemon with 1-5% encounter rates. relicanth is an example, just clone em with ditto and you're set
>>
>>31069878

Impish and Adamant are the big ones.
>>
>>31070026
I'll go with Adamant, I guess.
>>
File: 1482568535202.png (986KB, 1600x1081px) Image search: [Google]
1482568535202.png
986KB, 1600x1081px
Guys I fucked up. I didn't know Politoed would have perish song. I was not prepared. What do?
>>
>>31070582
I suppose switching out isn't an option?
>>
for CFW users:

is it safe to use Game Sync if you have CFW? Running A9LH Luma. Interested in participating in Global Missions and Ranking Battles but dont wanna risk a ban
>>
>>31070657
She's going to kill herself the madwoman. I've gotten lucky so far. I'll try to throw a nest ball.
>>
>>31070723
You can find wild Politoed? I'd use Net Balls if I were you, but if it's like 30 levels or so below then Nest should be fine.
>>
File: minior.png (415KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
minior.png
415KB, 800x800px
What stats do i need to ev train Minior in?

Do I put them in the defensive stats or the offensive stats?
>>
File: 1480647469983.jpg (21KB, 448x545px) Image search: [Google]
1480647469983.jpg
21KB, 448x545px
>>31070582
>>31070657
>>31070723
I did it!

>It has damp.
>>
File: thanks doc.jpg (44KB, 300x271px) Image search: [Google]
thanks doc.jpg
44KB, 300x271px
Can you do 6v6 battles online with friends using pre-bank mons? I wanna use thanks doc.
>>
>>31070689
Game sync is a fucking scam, don't do it unless you want an invasive bullshit message and loading screen every single fucking time you connect to the internet for anything.
>>
>>31070799
you know the worse part? i talked to the lady in Festival Plaza to get my code, didnt actually activate yet or whatever. Now everytime i connect online i get two extra messages saying i havent registered to Game Sync yet.
>>
>>31070756
It was level 25. I got it with a nest ball. I got lucky. It didn't use perish song in 4 turns. Hypnotized me the first turn. Used yawn and hold back then killed the poliwag. I've been trying a while so I'm happy I got it. I'll try Poliwrath too.
>>
>>31068405
You have to raise everything, thats what the cap does.
>>
>>31070825
You have to go through the tedious bullshit of signing up on their website if you want to fully connect. I still got my reward and participated even without fully game syncing, so there really isn't any reason to because despite the server only accepting sync data every 5 hours, syncing won't make the "attempting to sync" message go away during those 5 hours, it'll do the same bullshit but fail. At least, that's what I've been told.
>>
>>31060264
IVs arent the sole determining factor anymore; there's an IV+HT value with a combined cap of 31.
Bottle Caps obviously increase the HT value or HV, not the IV.
Hidden Power Fairy, afaik, still does not exist.
>>
How do I get to Poni Meadow from Vast Poni Canyon?
>>
>>31070979

You don't poni meadow is at the end of ancient poni path behind the collector
>>
Do you get light claya from mudbrays? Chained about five so far and my lead's frisk still hasn't activated, and the inability of A Exxecutor to learn false swipe is driving me up a wall
>>
Is my team decent or are there better options? Aside from Flygon; that's the only mon I never go without.

Incineroar/A.Raichu/Araquanid/Flygon/Dhelmise/Skarmory
>>
Which of the following Minior should I breed?
Indigo Core Moon Ball
Indigo Core Heavy Ball
Violet Core Moon Ball
>>
File: 8ad.jpg (421KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
8ad.jpg
421KB, 720x576px
>>31049251
Is there any comprehensive list of cosmetic items and where to find them? I want to pimp my character but all the resources I can find are incomplete and incomprehensible.
>>
>>31056027
You have to get a game sync id number for your game, but you don't have to make an global link account and link it to that id. It will cause the game to say that the game sync failed every time you connect to the internet though.
>>
>>31071110
For what? In game use?
Just use whatever you like.
>>
>>31073229
Serebii looks complete. It's going to be a pain to get everything because of the version exclusive nonsense.
>>
>>31073387
The accessories section seems woefully incomplete. I know for a fact there's more than two gem barettes.
>>
>>31050070
I think that's wrong. When HP training on Wailmer, I noticed they called for Wailord about 50% of the time, maybe even more.
>>
>>31050106
Decidueye was shit in my playthrough, but if you give it the Energy Ball TM it'll help you against Hapu.

Problem with the owl is that literally everything in the game can outspeed it and 2HKO it, whereas it's offensively too weak to do the same in return. You spend most of the game with Razor Leaf as your main STAB, it's nearly endgame when you finally get Leaf Blade, and its typing doesn't get super effective damage on that many Pokémon.
>>
>>31073387
>>31073600
Excuse me, I was thinking of flower barettes, which I don't see on there at all.
>>
File: five percent.png (289B, 24x24px) Image search: [Google]
five percent.png
289B, 24x24px
Can anyone confirm that they have gotten a lucky clay from chaining mudbrays? I needed one for a team I'm working on,and out of a chain of about 40 that I ended on accident because of bulldoze/mud slap spam from the fucks, and as of now, the only frisker that I have is an alolan executor, and since it can't learn false swipe, chaining for items is an extremely tedious process.
>>
What route and Island do we start to get EV erasing berries?

>got lucky and got a 3 Star friendship parlor and tamato berry from the market early one
>I still can't start ev training since I have no way to reduce Sp.Def evs
>>
>>31073633
I think you're doing it wrong. I ended up boxing my Decidueye, but only because I liked Tsareena more. In the time I used it, though, it was easily the more solid in-game starter out of my two playthroughs (the other being Primarina).
>>
>>31073641
You mean Light Clay? Yes.
>>
How does the dexnav work?

Do i just get the same odds as the friend safari and that's it

no need to chain or anything? i just learned that luxio is in this game and i want to get a shiny one
>>
>>31066700
I expected it would come out after the first International Championships, and they'd distribute the winners' teams, but that's been and gone now...

>>31068405
Regular bottle caps are one stat, gold are all.

>>31071088
>>31073641
You're doing it wrong. Get something like a Scyther with False Swipe and Thief. False Swipe and Adrenaline Orb to start the chain, then KO all of the others with Thief. If they have an item, you'll steal it and get the message. It's much, much faster than frisking and catching one that sets off Frisk.

>>31073651
Most if not all of them are on Ula'ala (Island 3) Route 10.

>>31073826
I think you mean Island Scan, not Dex Nav.
Use the QR Scanner to scan ten QR codes to power up Island Scan, then wait until Tuesday (or reset your clock, may have to set it to Monday then wait until midnight) and go to Akala Island. Use Island Scan there and it'll tell you where Luxio is
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/qrscanner.shtml
>>
What's the easiest way to SOS chain Ditto?
>>
>>31074055
Make sure your false swiper only has normal and fighting moves
False Swipe the first ditto
Switch to a ghost type
Obviously you're immune to the first ditto's attacks, and you can STAB SE any imposter dittos. They don't copy your HP stat so you should easily OHKO them if you're a high level. No way to make sure you outspeed though.
Keep in mind Ditto only gets 5pp of each move, so you'll have to KO the old one and swipe a new one every 20 turns.
>>
>>31073988
>this entire scyther
Well fuck, I'm an idiot, might as well breed a scizor tommorow because my other one that has garbage IVs and Adamant nature is locked a gen or so back at the moment and I have enough breeding material to get near flawless IVs on one easily. Is jolly or adamant better for it this gen, haven't used a scizor since Gen 4, and do any excess items stolen with Thief get placed into bag automatically if it is alraeady holding a light clay?
>>
>>31074112
I'm pretty sure Thief's secondary effect doesn't activate if the Pokémon is already holding an item, so you can only get one light clay per battle.
If you're making it a Scizor instead of Scyther, I'd have thought Adamant would be better. 65 base speed isn't going anywhere.
>>
Caught one of two Buzzwoles, synched it to be Adamant, wondering what nature I should go for the other one, Adamant, Careful or Jolly?
>>
Can you scout Red / Blue?
Also is Annabelle in the tree before you complete the UB quest? I'm up to Xurkitree and I've never seen her
>>
>>31074134
Jolly so if you invest in speed you can outspeed breloom and friends. Plus you can always run a choice scarf on it
>>
If i evolve japanese pokemon will his name change to the english one?

Here is the thing, the pikachu evolution line is one of my favorites since the spiky eared pichu event

i still have my spiky eared pichu in heart gold, her shiny bro is in pokemon X, and im never going to evolve him

But i just remembered that back then i was so hyped for that event that i also managed to get a japanese shiny pichu, and it is currently in platinum

So here is the thing i'll take that pichu and get him all the champ ribbons just for fun and as an excuse to replay old games

Now my second question is should i evolve him into Raichu or an alolan raichu

i guess i could also just leave him as a pikachu, but i already have a pikachu with the same nature and even more ribbons, so i don't wanna have the same pokemon in shiny and non shiny form
>>
>>31074435
If it's not nicknamed, it will change to the English name.

You can't transfer the spiky eared Pichu to any other game, so you're out of luck. Sorry.
>>
Has anyone changed there 3ds clock time? and does it actually work? I have moon and i want to play in real world time
>>
>>31074742
I think the game will do something to punish you for changing the clock.
If you want to play in real time, you can use lunala and solgaleo to transport to an inverted time universe in post game.
>>
>>31074757
What if i change the 3ds clock before i start the game. (Ive just started Moon)
>>
Name my AS FemProtag
Preferably not one of her canon names
>>
>>31073641
You're using CompoundEyes to up the item chance, right?
>>
>>31073641
Light clay?
Just mine for it in Pelago, same cave as the evolution stones
>>
>>31074757
Usually if they detect a time change they pause all time-based events until the next time it hits midnight
So if you wanted an event that happens on Tuesdays, you could set your clock to 23:55 on Monday.
They might have fixed that though
>>
File: 31454667.jpg (55KB, 609x600px) Image search: [Google]
31454667.jpg
55KB, 609x600px
What's with the IV checker at the Battle Tree? How do I wake him up?
>>
>>31049251
How do I transfer my Platinum mons to SM?
>>
>>31076808
Hatch 20 eggs, then he updates your PC so you can check IVs
>>
>>31075038
Considering all of her names are gem themed, how about "Cuprosklodowskite"? It rolls of the tongue nicely.
>>
>>31076843
thanks anon, I wouldn't have guessed that
>>
>>31049251
How do I catch wild pokemon from the pelago
>>
>>31077009
Just visit them frequently and pray that they stick around tomorrow. It's mostly luck.
>>
Good ball for aegislash? I Tried moon ball
>>
So I'm a little confused about EV training. Am I missing out on stat points if my pokemon level up without being completely trained or will they always end up at 50 with the same stats regardless?
>>
What's the best place to smash rocks for loot?

For the dude trying light clay, get a buttercream with compound eyes and thief.
>>
What's better for a Milotic, Competitive or Marvel Scale? And for that matter, Modest or Bold?
>>
How do I transfer gen 4 mons to gen 7?
>>
>>31077678
In singles it's usually Marvel Scale. In doubles it's always Competitive.

Either nature can work. You should probably decide what top threat you want it to beat, then use damage calculators to work out what EVs you need to KO it or take its attacks to make sure you beat that thing.

>>31077730
Gen 4 to gen 5:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9_Transfer
Needs two DSs, one for your gen 4 game and one for your gen 5 game. You do a little minigame (only useable post-game on the gen 5 console to do it.
Gen 5-Gen 6 and 7:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9_Transporter
Downloadable app which takes Pokémon from gen 5 games to Pokémon bank.
Gen 7 isn't currently compatible with Bank, that's coming sometime next month (or, by Game Freak time, about March) so there's currently no way to transfer things across.
>>
Can a genderless pokemon breed with another of the same egg group? (I'm talking about metagross)
>>
>>31078150
nvm, found a jolly beldum
>>
Any advice on how to get a second Cosmog/Null etc? Is there any popular on GTS like how Skitty was super popular back when X/Y came out?
>>
File: 1482662671040.gif (1MB, 407x407px) Image search: [Google]
1482662671040.gif
1MB, 407x407px
What are the best EV spreads for Magnezone and Marowak?
I want to remove Tapus.
>>
>>31050357
>getting a female salazze with the right nature can make you waste over an hour
>realize it took me less than five minutes and my first one ended up modest
damn I should play the lottery
>>
File: 1438825464053.gif (1MB, 380x340px) Image search: [Google]
1438825464053.gif
1MB, 380x340px
what kind of ev spread should i be running for sableye
>>
>>31073641
>>31076035
This. I got a couple. Didn't even know they were useful.
>>
>>31074464
oh yeah i know you can't transfer the spiky eared one, but the shiny one can totally be transfered

i already tranfered the english one to x, im trying to decide if the japanese one should turn into a raichu or an alolan raichu
>>
Is merciless Toxapex viable?
>>
>>31079758
Toxapex doesn't really have the power to make use of merciless. You're better off using it as a wall with regenerator.
>>
How do I run A-Sandslash?
>>
File: balltism of fire.jpg (218KB, 1600x1349px) Image search: [Google]
balltism of fire.jpg
218KB, 1600x1349px
Anyone got that giant image of all Pokémon and their suitable ball colours? Similar to pic related. I recall it having a white background.
>>
>>31080110
With a hail inducer and jolly nature.
>>
File: 1482460109877.jpg (116KB, 762x590px) Image search: [Google]
1482460109877.jpg
116KB, 762x590px
>>31080898
I suggest running A Ninetails with HA or something like bulky glaceon with 252hp/128def/128spdef as hail starter. If you are going with glaceon, be sure to use protect as a scouting move
>>
File: 1421569326829.jpg (821KB, 1485x2699px) Image search: [Google]
1421569326829.jpg
821KB, 1485x2699px
>>31080884
Found it, but the quality is poor. If anyone has a higher res one with the latest gens in that'd be great.
>>
does putting beans in berry farm cut the time flat in half?

in other words if a berry grows in 24 hours
do i put enough beans for effects to last 12 hours?

basic math and logic would suggest so but i want to be sure that the effects arent already accounted for in the time showed
>>
File: 1440100667725.jpg (84KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1440100667725.jpg
84KB, 640x480px
Modest or Timid Porygon Z?
>>
>>31082470
wondering this too
>>
File: articuno.jpg (237KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
articuno.jpg
237KB, 1920x1080px
Most painless way to obtain the right nature of Articuno to transfer to SuMo? I have X but Moltres is my bird. I also have a digital version of Blue on my 3DS with legendary birds un-captured.
>>
File: 1482918033652.jpg (4MB, 3408x4288px) Image search: [Google]
1482918033652.jpg
4MB, 3408x4288px
>>31081136
>>
>>31082470
Timid
>>
Is it even fucking possible to catch Riolu in this game without using a Quick Ball? This motherfucker never stops calling for help.
>>
>>31049251
What moves can I teach Tsareena for coverage? Right now my Tsareena knows 3 grass moves and Stomp. She seems to learn only shitty status moves like Aromatic Mist or Aromatherapy by level up. Does she at least get High Jump Kick?
>>
Does synchronize work on pokemon like type null? I want to SR for a good nature
>>
>>31082470
Timid is great
>>
>>31082993
Synchro is now 100% with giftmons like Null and Cosmog.
>>
File: 1284831390111.jpg (185KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1284831390111.jpg
185KB, 640x480px
>>31082580
Thank you, kind anon.
>>
File: IMG_1066.jpg (33KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1066.jpg
33KB, 320x320px
>>31082580
MFW I finally found it
>>
>>31083155
Well damn that's really good

Just need to find a jolly abra now
>>
if i get traded a high level mon but i'm not far enough in the story, can i still use the mon in online?
>>
I really need help making a good battle tree team. I have earned 2000 battle points. I always get wiped in the 40s.

Please could anybody could recommend me a team for super doubles and super singles?
>>
>>31083818
Yes.
I've tested this out before, in link battles all Pokémon are obedient.
>>
>>31083853
thanks, good to know i can participate in the monotype tournament
>>
>>31082470
If it helps, Timid at +1 outspeeds Pheromosa (base 151) by one point
Modest at +1 outspeeds base 140 (which is M-Mewtwo Y I guess?) by one point.
The main things are that outspeeding your opponent before getting the boost is handy, so they hit your boosted defense, and scarfers can be scary.
It's up to you, but keep in mind that outspeeding your opponent by 100 points doesn't offer any benefit over outspeeding them by 10 points, while an extra 10% damage helps a lot more often in my experience.
>>
How does Hyper Training work coding wise?

Is it just a basic addition to the stat to explain why it only works at level 100 or does it scale the same way I.V's do and it only works at level 100 because GF is dumb?
>>
>>31084128
I believe it is literally just a flag set on the stat that says "treat this like it has an IV of 31 when doing calcs". I think the level 100 thing is just Gamefreak trying to be difficult.
>>
Can we re battle trainers? Because grinding levels for evolutions is going to be a pain of I can't
>>
>>31084291
You can re-battle the E4 as many times as you want, friendo :^)
>>
>>31084312
fuck this shit man. Wild pokemon before the third island are all under 20
>>
>>31084334
Well that's all you get!
>>
File: 1478331826549.jpg (38KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
1478331826549.jpg
38KB, 500x405px
>>31084371
But why
>>
I ended up getting a neutral-nature Celesteela (and since I'm on Sun, it's not like I can catch my own)
Is there anything in particular I can do with it, or should I attempt to trade it around for a different one (and likely get a bunch of worse ones before getting lucky)?
>>
>>31083333
Quaaads
>>
>>31084256

Hopefully they introduce "soft" hyper training in a future game. They can make it so HT works at any level and get their bizarre need to make things work in the worst way possible by making you leave it with the trainer longer based on how far away it is from level 100.

Say two weeks if a mon is level 1, one week if it's level 50 and still instant at level 100. Granted that's too BS for even GF so they'd need to lower the cost to maybe just money and let you do it for multiple stats/mons at once to balance it.
>>
File: 1adachi.png (30KB, 129x119px) Image search: [Google]
1adachi.png
30KB, 129x119px
Is there ANY way to take the sets and EVs out of Showdown replays? On my last limb trying to find a way.
>>
>>
>>31085870
Uhhh I don't know why my comment disappeared

Anyway, is the team good enough for endgame?
>>
how to get celesteela and other moon legends as seen in the pokedex? i'd like to gts for them, but do i have to just wondertrade?
>>
>>31085892
Uh, yeah. Unless you plan on playing Super Singles in the battle tree or online at all. But for all ingame content, it's a fine team.
>>
File: rick and morty.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rick and morty.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
What's the most painless way to obtain the right nature of Articuno to transfer to SuMo? I have X but Moltres is my bird. I also have a digital version of Blue on my 3DS with legendary birds un-captured.
>>
File: 328trapinch1600x1200.jpg (126KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
328trapinch1600x1200.jpg
126KB, 1600x1200px
>>31085870
Sadly you don't get Sandshrew/ Vulpix until late game, so I'd reconsider.
>>
>>31050106
I beat the E4 with:
>Incineroar
>Alolan Persian
>Haunter
>Vikavolt
>Crabominable
>Metagross

Now I'm training a Dhelmise, Jango-o, and Murkrow. How lame am I?
>>
>>31086034

Replay Fr/Lg or Hg/Ss and save your master ball.

I sincirely doubt we'll be able to control for nature from importing from gen 1.
>>
Can you use Island Scan pokemon in the Battle Tree?
>>
>>31086204
Yep, no issue. Fuck, you can use a perma-mega Salamence holding a choice band that knows Dragon Ascent and they won't give a fuck. Only issue might be uploading battle videos, but I think that's fine with scan mons.
>>
>>31085900
You can touch trade someone with Moon, they would probably like to see the Sun exclusives if you can get that set up. Just do a trade, then trade back and keep swapping back and forth until you're done.
>>
am i still banned
>>
>>31086204

Facilities don't do any hack checking not even for the NPC's.
>>
>>31086244
yes, dubs confirm
>>
How does a lilgant outspeed a choice scarf max speed garchomp?????I'm so confused and don't know how.
>>
>>31086222
>>31086245
Good to know, thanks a lot.
>>
>>31086261
quick claw :^)
>>
Does ORAS still require HMs to progress?
>>
What's the better porygon ability, Download or Trace?
>>
>>31085900
Just search for them by name in the GTS. The manual search option is at tbe bottom of the list
>>
How do I get to the secluded shore?
>>
>>31086261
Chlorophyll
>>
Would it be feasible to transfer a full team via GTS from one game to the other? Or should I just wait til bank?
>>
>>31074055
Have it transform into something with only Recycle. Then False Swipe it to 1 HP. Then use Trick/Switcheroo/Bestow to give it a Leppa Berry. It will stay there forever until you knock it out.
>>
>>31088143
There's a weirdly hidden entrance to it on the southern part of route 12.
>>
I get bored everytime I play, but I still love the franchise. How do I make the game more fun?
>>
>>31088323
Offer shitmons for your team and not the other way around. That way, if you get sniped, you don't lose your team member.
>>
File: IMG_3270.png (78KB, 1022x678px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3270.png
78KB, 1022x678px
How can I increase the amount of Boxes in my PC?

Are there Special themes? If so, how do I unlock them?
>>
>>31088143
also i'm an idiot

I meant Kala'e Bay. I know how to get to the Secluded Shore
>>
>>31088857
Make sure there's one mon in each box. I think there's 32 max in S/M.

Not sure about themes though
>>
>>31088857
>>31088884
there's no special themes this gen
>>
In Sun&Moon, can I see the OriginalTrainer of someone's Pokémon in a battle like in XY/ORAZ?
>>
>>31088866
Entrance is in a crawlspace hidden amongst the flowers in Melemele meadow
>>
>>31088866
There's a small crawl hole in the meadow, go in there and navigate that shit cave
>>
When you dye an item in the Festival Plaza, are you able to redye it with out losing the other colored item?

Like say I dye my white sporty sneakers navy blue, but I also want normal dark blue sporty sneakers. Will I have to choose between the two or can I have both?
>>
>>31082402
Yes, exactly that. Same goes for anything in Pelago.

If something will take 12 hours, then you put in 6 hours worth of beans
>>
What's the best nature for Ash Greninja? Timid or Naive/hasty?
>>
>>31088935
>>31088947
thanks everyone
>>
>>31089266
For now, Timid

Naive/Hasty will probably be better once there are tutor move options.
Thread posts: 285
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.