[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which group was the bigger mistake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 12

File: huge mistakes.png (931KB, 1628x568px) Image search: [Google]
huge mistakes.png
931KB, 1628x568px
Which group was the bigger mistake?
>>
D/P/P
4 gen was a mistake.
>>
>>31042970
Ultra beasts if they don't end up playing a role in the DP remakes
>>
>>31042970
Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde
>>
>>31042970
Neither of those; the genies are much worse than them combined.

Unova was a fucking mistake.
>>
UBs. thanks, power creep
>>
>>31042970
Palkia really drags down the whole group.
>>
>>31042970
Sinnoh, lore creep and quite weird designs.

They are really bad.
>>
>>31042970
Creation, hands down.

UBs are just dimensional aliens, rather than space aliens, and we've had space aliens for a while now. They don't imply anything about the universe or world as a whole.
>>
>>31042970
Pokegods by far.
It also started the whole "we need an NPC/area for these items only thing"
>>
>>31042970
The DP legendaries are designed as Pokemon yet look totally alien. Dialga and (Altered) Giratina are great designs (imo) but ultimately the group looks so different from any other legendaries pre and past Gen IV that it turns people off.
The UBs are also far different from a typical Pokemon design but they're literally aliens from another dimension so it makes sense. It's easier to accept weird designs when they're technically not Pokemon.
>>
>>31043070
To be fair that's more of an issue of gen 4 designs in general than being restricted to the creation crew.
>>
>>31043129
They should just retcon the entirety of Gen IV as Ultra Beasts i'm joking
>>
>>31042970
Neither, you just have shit taste.
>>
>>31042970
I haven't played since the GS days. Are those things on the right really Pokemon? Jesus
>>
>>31042970
>it's a "dumb Unovashitter makes another trash thread" episode
Neither, they're both good.
>>
>>31042970
I feel like the UBs have the most character of any legendary/special pokes so far even though they were barely in the story
>>
>>31043433
Not exactly.
The things on the left unfortunately are.
>>
>>31043433
they're from an alternate dimension
you can still catch them though
>>
File: I will not die.jpg (15KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
I will not die.jpg
15KB, 300x400px
>>31043021
>lore creep
WEW.
>>
File: a4c63zpyqvkrv3c0lu8u.jpg (38KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
a4c63zpyqvkrv3c0lu8u.jpg
38KB, 620x470px
>>31042970
Volcanion always reminds me of the Gen 4 legends and how terrible they look.
>>
>>31043433
They are pokemon but meant to be unlike other pokemon. If you don't like them I feel bad for you.
>>
>>31043598
Dude, they went from super powerful pokemon to literally the embodiment of the universe.
How can you not see the power gap there?
>>
>>31043618
Volcanion is cute.
>>
>>31042970
Left ones for sure. There is no reason why you should be able to capture shit that literally created the universe.

Ultra Beasts are a cute, have better designs and lore, and just work better. They're just super strong ayys from another dimension.
>>
>>31042970
You
>>
>>31042997
no
>>
>>31043788
>they went from super powerful pokemon to super powerful pokemon
Cool.
>>
>>31042970
Neither
>>
>>31043958
t. retard who can't read what was just said to him
>>
Arceus was a mistake. Talk about blowing your creative load way too early.
>>
>>31043788
Is this supposed to be a problem?
>>
>>31043908
yes.
>>
>>31043908
Nice argument in favor of HEALTHY META OF PALETTE SWAPPED LAKITUS.
>>
DP legendaries were not a mistake. Palkia is just ugly as fuck.

UB are a mistake, they deviate too far from pokemon. Especially guzzlord.
>>
>>31044038
To be fair you have the altered forms to go beyond a palette swap, but they still all suffer from the sameface they all have.
>>
>>31043788
We were always going to end up getting godmon at some point, and it's not as if they can predict the last installment of this cash cow, so they might as well have just gotten it over and done with. Which they did. You can't force this "Godmon will inevitably overshadow anything that comes after them" meme and then claim that the gen immediately after is the best in the series (I'm not saying that necessarily applies to you, but it applies to many who shit on the Gen IV legendaries), because that actually demonstrates that godmon didn't really harm the series at all.
>>
>>31042970
kek the ultra beasts look like they're out of an american saturday morning cartoon
>>
>>31043021
>lore creep
that word again...
>>
UBs, if only because they're allowed to infest the fucking meta everywhere. I don't even dislike the designs or anything, but damn it's annoying.
>>
>>31042970
Is this the start of a new series of retarded threads?
>>
>>31044061
I thought so too until I fully realized that they are supposed to be so batshit. Xurkitree is like UB world's version of Sudowoodo, how can't you not love it?
>>
>>31043958
Imagine it like this.
There's the guy with the title of strongest man on the planet, he's at peak physical condition but is still just a human.

Behind him is the thing that controls the laws of the universe.
Imagine that gap in power.

That's the Pokegods compared to the other legends.
>>
>>31044206
Yep. DP shitposting will reach a climax once remakes are announced and released (since they're bound to be terrible, given the track record) then die down after Gen VIII gets announced
>>
>>31044088
>and it's not as if they can predict the last installment of this cash cow,
Uh yes, they can.

Like you said it's a cash cow. It isn't going to be over until they say it's over.
>>
>>31042970
your parents
>>
File: slooow.png (174KB, 454x542px) Image search: [Google]
slooow.png
174KB, 454x542px
Ubs should've just been powerful bosses and not obtainable,They've made 90% of the gen worthless.
>>
>>31044434
>and not obtainable
Are you aware what kind of shitstorm would this cause?
>>
>>31044434
For most casual players, Legendaries have always played this role.
>>
>>31044088
>"Godmon will inevitably overshadow anything that comes after them" meme and then claim that the gen immediately after is the best in the series
Just so you know you can in fact do that.

For one, it's a game predominantly and basing it on that you can call later installments better.
Two, there's the feel of the story as well as the world building. Gen 4 may have introduced the top rung in terms of power storywise but that doesn't mean they've done those things well.

Also most people talk about their powerset overshadowing other legends which is true as you can't get higher than them. Not to mention it makes the game a tad more ridiculous as it should be seeing as you can capture them and no one bats an eye at the fact you can now control creation.
>>
>>31044449
Probably none.
Until the data mine not a lot of people expected them to be usable anyway.
>>
>>31042970
>Left
Legendaries that you cannot use in game for facilities or competitively
>Right
Regular ass pokemon from another dimension, you can use them as you wish. They are very strong, yet havge weakness. Except Celeesteela, she is just perfect for some fucking reason.
>>
>>31044520
>a lot of people
It was like 3 people who wouldn't shut the fuck about it.
>>
File: guess.jpg (28KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
guess.jpg
28KB, 460x460px
>>31044434

Shitty stats made 90% of the gen worthless.
>>
>>31044557
Might want to reread that post anon.
Or rewrite your own.
>>
People mad because Mewtwo isnt the strongest pokemon

Get fucked
>>
>>31042990
This, holy shit.
They aren't bad Pokemon, but holy shit does their lore and involvement in the games fall flat compared too other trios.
>>
>>31044434
90% of gen 7 would have been worthless even if you couldn't catch UBs. Being able to catch UBs doesn't change the fact that they gave so many Pokemon this gen horrible stat distribution.
>>
>>31044533
Even though you can't use them in facilities, don't Pheromosa, Kartana, Xurkitree and Celesteela blow the creation trio out of the water competitively?
>>
>>31043893
Can't speak for anyone else, but I always kind of imagined the Creation Trio as being physical aspects of their plane that are quite powerful, but aren't actually THE force of existence itself.

That is to say, Dialga is an embodiment of time, but the "true" Dialga is formless and vastly more powerful than its physical incarnation. The same applies to Arceus - you aren't catching a god, you're catching a singular aspect of a god that chose to embody itself on the physical world.
>>
>>31044720
No? The only member of the trio that's "bad' is Palkia, and it still obliterates everything that isn't in Ubers.
>>
>>31044720
>don't Pheromosa, Kartana, Xurkitree and Celesteela blow the creation trio out of the water competitively?
You have to be kidding.
>>
>>31044720
Ingame, yes. They actually blow them by having actual lore and development along with other NPCs.

Competitively... NO.

Yvetal is the shitty one and this thing can still 2hko any ultra beast with neutral dark stab or oblivion wing/power herb sky attack, let's not get into how retarded the dark aura z crystal foul play gets.

Xerneas got better, white here set only got issues vs Celesteela and 1v1 vs banded Kartana.

Power construct zygarde takes a shit on everything. And I mean everything.

Power construct zygarde is quite retarded and Pheromosa is the only one that could actually threathen it with ice beam.

Design wise I'll take the UBs, Optimus mon, the bird and Bambi aren't as cool as freak clean roach, buffsquito, Kaguya, electric sudowoodo, hungry hombre, crystal methfish and folded 1k times.

The creation trio+Arceus are downright retarded.
>>
>>31044626
It is though, when speaking strictly in a combat sense.
>>
>>31044842
>I always kind of imagined the Creation Trio as being physical aspects of their plane that are quite powerful, but aren't actually THE force of existence itself.
Arceus literally created them to rule over those aspects of reality though. It's not like Yveltal and Xerneas where their role in the lore hierarchy is unclear.
>>
>>31043162
Honestly, I am expecting them to do this for the Creation Trio
>>
>>31043433
Lore wise, they are not Pokemon, with even NPCs who call them Pokemon more or less putting massive air quotes around the word

Mechanically, they are
>>
>>31044885
I thought the creation trio referred to gen 4 legendaries. It sounds like you are talking about Gen 6 ones.
>>
Gen 4 was kind of a low point for legendary designs, honestly. At least the genies have different colors and typings, the pixies are all blue with mono-Psychic typing. And to this day I don't know what the fuck Heatran is supposed to be.
>>
>>31045022
The Genies also get their secondary forms, which while they look kind of shit, are definitely more unique. Heatran is a toad.
>>
>>31044994
I talked about gen 6,i closed my argument by saying that the creation trio(gen4) was absolutely retarded.
>>
>>31045162
But still, can't Pheromosa, Kartana, Xurkitree and Celesteela get a lot more dont in battle than Palkia, Dialga and Giratina's forms? Those guys never seemed that great in battle.
>>
>>31044952
I can see them either hinting that whatever laid Arceus's egg is the last common ancestor between UBs and Pokemon, or every universe has its own Arceus (and maybe creation trio).
>>
>>31042970
Genies were the biggest mistake.
>>
>>31044952
yeah they could pull a "UBs come into Pokeuniverse and literally start it" kinda like the Zelda Goddess trio except you can catch them
>>
The only thing i don't get about the creation trio + arceus is, what the fuck do they do all day? Barring Giratina who got banished, shouldn't they all be running around creating universes, instead of warming boxes or 'sleeping in the all of origin'? Are they just lazy bums?
>>
>>31045320
masturbating probably
>>
>>31045320
The implication seems to be that they exist on a higher level until you summon them, imprisoning them in their Pokebodies.
>>
>>31045338
This is now my headcanon.
>>
>>31042970
I hate the DP legendaries, except maybe Giratina.

UBs are so fucking bizarre they loop around to being weirdly charming.
Also, the idea of creatures from another dimension is cooler than gods.
>>
>>31042970
ultra shitters
>>
>>31045320
Given the way pokemon research is carried out by sending random kids into the wilderness with pokedexes, how do we know that everything that we know about pokemon isn't just little kids filling their pokedexes full of shitposts?
>>
>>31045489
t. Kalosperm
Gens 4, 5, and 6 all flopped hard with legendaries in one way or another. Gen 7 blurring the lines between nonlegends and legends, plus making Nebby's family just powerful aliens with no literal connection to the Sun or Moon, was the best things they've done in regards to legendaries.
>>
>>31045194
Let me clarify.

The kalos legends are actually a tad above the UBs as a whole, even with their weaknesses those 3 are very good at what they do, sadly they are so poorly incorporated ingame they might as well not exist or Lisandre could have used a non Pokémon battery.

UBs are great if you do shit in game, they have a rich lore and cause good NPC interaction, they are miles ahead from most legends in this regard. They are good yet barely scrapping broken in singles, and great while having flaws in doubles.

The gen 4 bunch, aka the Phallic trio+rainbow llama Arceus are weird, they where near the apex of great on introduction and held up nicely even on the midst of gen5 revolution, yet outside of Arceus and Giratina they aged poorly. Palkia is a great neutral nuke, Dialga is the versatile one that can afford to support, Giratina is the second big wall by virtue of its typing, movepool and Defog utility, Arceus is the "jack of all trades master of a bunch" guy he does very different shit depending on what you customize it.

The problem behind the phallic trio+rainbow llama is mostly their designs and lore implications, or rather how poorly they where managed in Gen 4, they jumped the shark hard only to tone it down even harder in Gen5 where we get Gethsis quote.

Gen4 was awkward for non event legends.
>>
>>31045435
That was never implied ever.
>>
>>31045611
Eh 5 and 6 were fine.
4 jumped the shark hard.
>>
>>31045669
Pretty much, just a shitty headcanon people use to justify them catching a God.

It's borderline autism though since in most mythologies Gods could be absolutely destroyed or even bound by other stuff.
>>
>>31045689
>5
>"(Legends) were fine"

"No"
>>
>>31045780
I didn't even play any of the DS games, but I like most of the non-legendary designs in both gens. Keep being so emotionally invested in dividing a video game franchise instead of just accepting that each game has its pros and cons.
>>
>>31045780
I don't know man, dinosaurs are supposed to be cool, but as I heard the epic theme of Palkia for the first time I just couldn't care anymore. There was a big phallic dinosaur in my DS screen and the game was trying to make me care enough with some really good music.

Their designs are hit or miss with borderline cannot unsee implications, their lore might seem cool, but once you actually stop and think about how the stakes of the game where risen harder than the second part of most final fantasy games you get yourself a fine opportunity to say that this franchise jumped the shark.
>>
>>31043788
I bet you don't like Dragon Ball Super lore, faggot.
>>
Gen 4 legendaries look like ass. Palkia has a phallic head and wings that can only be observed as wings in a 3D model, Dialga has a stupid ass skirt and head ornament that should be flattened out, while Giratina has too many yellow features and the color scheme tries too hard to make it scream sinister. Arceus is a godawful llama with a ring on its torso.

Shaymin land forme was cute though
>>
>>31045841
If you have literally nothing to say, don't say anything at all
>>
>>31045803
They were design and lore wise there's nothing wrong with them.
Same goes for the gen 6 legends.
>>
>>31045904
The same could apply to >>31045489
Just a shitty attempt to incite a genwar discussion.
>>
>>31045923
>design-wise

"No"
>>
>>31045890
Gods in DB don't work the same way as the pokegods.
Gods can be namek frieza tiers of weak like Supreme Kai or they can be Beerus or Zeno tier powerful.
>>
Nihilego is the only UB I think looks alright and belongs.
Others just look like shit, especially Guzzlord. Fuck Guzzlord.
>>
>>31045948
Yes?
The most "offensive" thing about them would be Reshiram's feather penis and honestly it just looks worse without it.

Other than that there's nothing wrong.
>>
>>31045895
I told you man, the events where spared the horrible design trend of the pixies and rainbow llama phallical Court.

Cresselia is OK, it doesn't feel forced and creates the implications that lead to Darkrai.

Talking about Darkrai, Shadow the Shadow is decent, ties well with Cresselia.

Heatran is awkward, but not offensive. It's a melting frog/spider thingy that lives in volcanoes, it's also one of those Pokémon where we know there is a large population of them and they like the same kind of volcanoes, they are just rare as fuck.

Shaymin is cute as fuck even by 600s standards, the Sky form is interesting to say the least.
>>
>>31045320
Dialga and Palkia are dragged in by Cyrus, plus they can do their jobs by just living, apparently. Giratina may not have a job due to the banishment, or perhaps it throwing a fit in Platinum was it doong its job

Arceus meanwhile seems to have its powers connected to the Unown
>>
>>31045611
Do Kalosperm even exist in /vp/?
>>
>>31046010
Are you seriously a fan of the genies and ponies or are you only talking about the dragons. Because the dragons are fine barring Kyurem and Kyurem-Black. The other Gen 5 legends are horseshit.
>>
>>31045320
They live in their own dimensions. It's like being inside the perfect Pokeball for them there.
>>
>>31045948
>Good
Reshiram
Zekrom
Kyurem
Cobalion
Terrakion
Verizion
Victini
Meloetta
Genesect

>Bad
Keldeo
Tornadus
Thundurus
Landorus

Design-wise there were more good Gen 5 Legendary and Mythical designs than there were bad.

This makes we want to do a Good/Bad design list for each gen.
>>
>>31046084
>Kyurem and Kyurem-Black.
You do grasp the them behind Kyurem right?

Also the genies are only bad when it comes to the copy and paste although the design itself is good. Their therians rectify the copy and paste.

The swords I personally don't care for but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them as they all fit their theme. Keldeo on the other hand is the victim of shitty artwork.
>>
>>31044631
Well put.
>>
>>31046041
The event legendaries just look weird to me for other reasons, but I wouldn't call them poor design either. Darkrai and Cresselia make me cringe for completely personal reasons relating to how much of an autist I was back in high school.
>>
>>31042970
Thanks for the keks, you salty Unovabortion. Sinnoh legends are the best legends.
>>
File: 1481869896305.jpg (108KB, 610x481px) Image search: [Google]
1481869896305.jpg
108KB, 610x481px
>gen 5 basically remade many gen 1 mons
>complaining about genies while articuno, zapdos and moltres use the same bird template with minor differences
>>
>>31046130
>Cobalion
>Terrakion
>Verizion
>Victini
>Meloetta

"No"

>>31046148
I do get the theme behind Kyurem, it just looks like shit. Same reason why "But le Ice-Cream isn't actually ice-cream, it's ice that looks like ice-cream! You didn't get the concept, but now you need to like it!" isn't an argument. The ice-cream still looks like shit.
>>
>>31042970
UBs are pretty cool desu
mainly roach and rocket
>>
>>31046227
>, it just looks like shit.
Which is the point, it's a hollow monster.

That's like saying Ratatta is bad because it looks like a rat.
>>
>>31046084
The Genies are actually good design wise, the only sin is having the same face, it's a great base design though, and then we get Therian shit and new cool body types to swag around.

The swords are OK, Keldeo is awkward, the others have a more defined style and are really cool, Terrakion is fucking cool as a bull, this thing has to compete with Tauros for that and still manages to look cool, that's an achievement.

The dragons are quite intense, I can get behind them being over designed, but outside the fur dick I can take them more seriously than Rainbow Llama Phallic court, Kyurem is a cool Chicken Saurus Rex that gets beefed up by a cool concept.

Victini is quite meh to be honest. Genesect is cool as fuck and Meloetta is cute and cool hidden behind a stupid gimmick.
>>
>>31046227
>I don't like it so it looks like shit
>>
>>31046276
No
>it looks like shit so I don't like it

Like any normal person
>>
>>31042997
>>31043447
>>31045489
>>31046214
>OP has nothing to do with Unova
>I-it must be a pesky Unovabortion trying to start shit between Sinnohbros and Alolads!
Underage applying console war mentality to everything was the real mistake.
>>
>>31046303
>It must visually please me and meet my autistic expectations for me to like it
>>
>>31046227
Not him but understanding a theme is literally necessary when it comes to designs and art in general.
Without that you won't understand why those choices were made.
>>
>>31045194
>Pheromosa, Kartana, Xurkitree
It is literally impossible for any of those to kill Giratina
>>
>>31042970
The genies and Reshiram are worse than both of these.
>>
>>31046677
>poster count didn't change
Dude we get it you don't like Unova.
Can you go to reddit and bother them or something?
>>
>>31044901
You could always handwave the lore as mere myth, though.
>>
>>31046308
You're saying that as if unovabortions themselves don't always pull the sinnohfetus and kalosperm boogeyman.
>>
>>31047371
So why not be better than them instead of justifying their persecution complex?
>>
>>31046756
That was my first post in the thread. Stop making shit up Unovabortion. Not everybody who dislikes Gen 5's horrible legendaries is the same person.
>>
ITT: Mad Sinnohcucks raging hard over Unovalphas' superiority.
>>
>>31046265
I agree with you on Kyurem Black being a good design, but I still feel like pointing out that saying, "It's supposed to look like a shitty design" is honestly a horrible argument. Especially when Mewtwo does have a similar theme and design choices (at least in Red/Blue)
>>
>>31042970
>implying they're not the same
>>
>>31046227
>hating singing waifu
>>
>"arceus was a mistake"

I want the shitposters to kill themselves.
>>
File: 1474593688224.png (121KB, 509x442px) Image search: [Google]
1474593688224.png
121KB, 509x442px
I'm not up to date with the hivemind. Is liking both acceptable?
>>
>>31048076
I do like both too.
>>
>>31048076
Nothing wrong with that.

But out of all the legends we all have to face the fact that gen 4 jumped the shark, that is all.
>>
I love extradimensional bullshit and aliens so I really think both are not only awesome, but very compelling.
I really hope we get more UBs and this doesn't end up as one game thing like Megas, because knowing there's a whole other dimension full of Pokemon out there is just too intriguing. Maybe the Gen 4 remakes will have you travel to a different part of Ultra Space using the box legendaries, and we can discover some new ones.
>>
>>31046083
Unovabortions exist, so if Kalosperms arent here yet then they're around the corner.
>>
>>31044631
>but holy shit does their lore and involvement in the games fall flat compared too other trios.

Nah, their lore is pretty good. Life, death, and the balance required between the two to make the world function. Well make Kalos function but that's fucking stupid, especially since Zygarde did nothing to prevent the superweapon from being reactivated, but rushed to have some fun in the Alolan sun when it got a hint of trouble a brewin'.

But in the games they did fucking nothing at all. Zygarde, as I mentioned, sat in his cave REEEing at miners. Xerneas and Yveltal I don't even remember being mentioned before the showdown at Flare's secret base. And then you battle them for no reason so they can join you without motive.
>>
>>31047515
Kek, stay mad, unovalet.
>>
>>31042970
This argument is literally weather trio or deoxys in gen 3.

And mysterious alien being is better than LOL POKEMON GODS in both cases
>>
>>31042970
your genepool
>>
>>31045469
>UBs are so fucking bizarre they loop around to being weirdly charming.

And also because they're adorable when you play with them in Refresh, and only seem even more adorable because their cuteness is at odds with the fact that one is a space ship, another is a squid, and one is nothing but cables and zipties with no face and manages to be the cutest, happiest thing GF has put into the games.

Have you seen Xurkitree's running animation? He frolicks.
>>
>>31042970
lol Praise Arceus.
>>
>>31043618
I have a feeling that he was originally meant to be a box legendary.
>>
>>31042970
For the life of me I cannot understand the hate for the creation trio and Arceus, especially Arceus. Design-wise it looks much more like a proper Pokemon than most uber-tier legendaries in general, and in combat it's versatile and fun to come up with sets for, and yet isn't by any means broken in Ubers. Dialga is a bit wierd, but gets a little better when you realize that rear "skirt" is actually attached to his body via an "H" shape and looks a bit more sturdy that way. Groudon and Kyogre seem more out of place to me, even though I still like them, as they aren't really "otherwordly" but still look just as strange. Groudon even looks like some kind of manmade golem to me.

Neither of these groups were a mistake by any measure for me. Coolest Ubers since Lugia/Ho-oh, and Celesteela and Buzzwole are tied with Mudsdale as my favorites of this gen.
>>
Dialga and Palkia both look weird and off, something about them just doesn't sit right. And then there's Giratina that's actually meant to feel otherworldly when you look at it, kinda like the UBs are meant to be, which makes it actually OK in comparison to the other two in its trio. Arceus being supposed to be god is enough for me to give the design a pass even though I don't personally like it.
>>
Gen IV's legendaries are just the next step up from Gen III's.
If you have a problem with it, blame Kyogre and Groudon being what they are.
And really, thinking about it, they were a step up from 'magical bird that can revive things on a whim' and 'magical bird that creates/calms storms on a whim'. Which is a step up from 'genetically engineered supermonster'.
Thankfully, they decided they did NOT, in fact, need to keep escalating past God to keep things interesting, and toned things back down from there.
As for the Ultra Beasts, they're freaky things from a freaky alternate dimension. They honestly should've looked LESS like pokemon than they do now if anything.
>>
>>31049719
Dude, Kyogre is an Orca, pretty much the God of death for the Sud American. It's hard to get more badass than that.

Groudon is OK, it's an armored lizard thingy...

The problem with the creation trio is how they stick to a theme so hard they fall into the same glaring issue, they end up looking quite phallical, this is also the generation with the biggest lore creep, the western localization didn't freaking help.

They sound cool on paper, but once you give it a bit more of thought you realize that they jumped the shark and the franchise has avoided that like a plague ever since to a point in wich we have a character in the next game say that Pokémon of legends are no different from other Pokémon.

Compsre these guys with the quirky UBs who barely share a theme outside of being foreign and you got a bigger gap of tolerance for their designs and wathever they stand up for in their own game narrative.
>>
>>31049719
I hate them because of a combination of small things that drive me up the wall. I went into detail regarding Dialga in a previous thread with small changes that'd greatly affect for what I think would be the better here: >>31026811

Palkia's design has some silhouette flaws which can be easily changed. As it stands, if you painted the entire thing black, the main body looks pretty similar to Groudon. This is largely due ot the pose however. Make its wings look a bit more noticeable or make them into a dorsal fin. If we're trying to drive in the idea of 'Pearl' and 'Space,' we could move the pearl pauldrons down to the hips and add some flairs to evoke the symbol of 'infinity.

Giratina's issue is primarily that it has too much stuff on it to drive in the Satan imagery in it. Six wingtalons, 3 two-pronged crescents on the neck for six points, etc. Origin forme however looks fine and should have been the default.

But Arceus is just an abomination with the torso halo and the weird hairdo. Seriously, why is 'God' a llama?
>>
>>31049719
this
>>
>>31046223
The birds look considerably different from each other, though. But Zapdos has wierd anatomy and Moltres looks like a flaming rubber chicken so the genies are easily a cooler trio to me, especially with the Therian formes of Thundurus and Tornadus.

>>31049246
Don't be like that, Gen3 led up to it with deities of earth, sea, and sky. It didn't have to be in the order we got them, but things like Life/Death and Space/Time were inevitable. I think it's better they didn't expand much on Arceus's lore and how it works, also, keeps it mysterious and in the background even to lesser gods introduced as the games come. Can't wait to see how they do the Hall of Creation in remakes.
>>
File: Qilin.jpg (19KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Qilin.jpg
19KB, 500x375px
>>31050039
>But Arceus is just an abomination with the torso halo and the weird hairdo. Seriously, why is 'God' a llama?

It's not supposed to be a llama in particular, just some kind of equine, and I guess it just happens to have a long fluffy neck. Which I think helps its design, it means you usually have to look up to face it, and gives it a prouder appearance than if its face was closer to shoulder level.

The ring is kind of like a halo thing, and would hardly actually impede him since he can defy physics while moving, he doesn't need to gallop like a racehorse and get it stuck in the ground or anything.

The wierd hairdo is probably supposed to be like that of a qilin, pic related. It flows off of him like a cloud or gas, it creates a more heavenly appearance.
>>
>>31050109
Doubt they are going to do the Hall of Origin in the remakes as it was an unreleased event.
>>
>>31050254
Unless they do with it what they did with Deoxys.
Though Darkrai or Shaymin are more likely for that.
I wish that if they HAVE to keep putting event pokemon in, they would at least have in game EVENTS to go with them and not just hand them out.
>>
>>31050109
Except they aren't deities in the slightest, they are and where always known as super ancient Pokémon, both in English and Japanese.

Lord Rayquaza was a remake thingy yet Rayquaza is only called in such fashion by the draconids, not even a single guy in Sootopolis calls it Lord other than in Zinnia narration.

They jumped the shark with the creation trio in giving them specific domains, nurturing the myth with the dex, going on with the madness during Cyrus scheme, then cement Dialga hard in side games only to then go full retard on the egg sequence in HGSS.

THEY JUMPED THE SHARK LIKE THEY NEVER DID BEFORE!

Everything else was a step down in the right direction, the unova dragons are a weird thing that split in two and left a husk, the genies are either the Inari with a bit of Oni or a reference to Aztec/Mayan mythos when Therian both are very focused on crops, the swords of Justice are just hanging around protecting Pokémon, Victini is a living reactor that gives luck, Meloetta is there for the shits and giggles, Genesect is fossil mewtwo with guns! The unova bunch are more about ecosystems than anything even when they seem heavily inspired by Norse stuff, Diancie is a cute mutant rock princess, Volcanion is a rare to find species Hoopa is a trickster that got powered down, let's be glad they didn't go full Islam as those things where hardcore, now we have the worst guardians ever with the ADHD rooster being the best one for having short attention span, the don't fuck with me healer that doesn't heal, the curious one that fucks thing over when trying to hell and a couch potato that never waters his garden and threw a fit on Walmart followed by the child of stars, bane of the bags and the warm hole jumpers it ends up evolving into, there is also Marshadow who is just a timid guy that mimics martial artists.

Nothing on the scale of freaking gen4.
>>
File: 1478290018961.jpg (2KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1478290018961.jpg
2KB, 126x126px
Imagine being so autistic you get triggered by the fact a 10 years old monster riddled franchise introduces its gods.
>>
>>31050455
Dude, I would be triggered if they actually acknowledged them or went full retard like in the fangames giving us lines in the veins of "Arceus Dammit", as it stands now, they are just a sore thumb of lore creep coupled with weird designs.

I'd take any legendary burds over the pixies and the genies over fucking penis central gen4 box legends, as boring as those are they aren't brutally married to a single anesthetic killing their design.
>>
>>31042970
Ultra beasts
>>
>mistakes

both are gr8

tao trio are legitimately the only mons I despise out of Gen V
>>
>>31045890
>liking anything about the shitpile that is Dragon Ball Super

Neck yourself.
>>
File: 1477444967603.png (504KB, 650x482px) Image search: [Google]
1477444967603.png
504KB, 650x482px
>jumped the shark
>>
>>31052106
DBS is great and over 9000 times better than the garbage that is DBGT, kill yourself.
>>
>>31049246
I'm gonna support this.

Gen 3 had some strong legends sure but the box trio still felt like animals.

Groudon and Kyogre are basically just doing what a squirtle and charmander could do just on a large scale because they are obviously larger, in RSE they even tell you they are just doing what they've always done just like an animal would. Even rayquaza who seems to be smarter than the two is just a strong dragon that is lore wise supposed to beat them up if they get too retarded.

Dialga and Palkia are different though, there entries play it off as their births being side effects to space/time but they have control over them which puts them over human levels of understanding already. Not to mention they made literal pokemon god, that's a pretty big step up from a walking volcano pokemon.
>>
>>31052926
>Shaping the face of the planet on a grand scale and massively altering atmospheric conditions just by being awake is obviously what they'd be able to do just by being larger
Gen 3 is where they started this shit. Gen 4 is simply a continuation
>>
>>31042970
Doesn't take a genius to declare Unova meme trio was the biggest mistake followed by half of the ultrabeasts and genies / musketeers.

It has brought to us deviantart original dragon shitposters, shit useless dragons that have a movepool placed between Klinklang and Flareon, Yu Gi Oh tier rip offs, a man in a black spandex suit, a frozen chicken with no ice moves, a what is that clashing mess white autists magnet.
Guzzlord, Xurkitree, Buzzwole, Pheromosa are also garbage.
>>
>>31046130
>ching chong trio
>cobalion's boots
>meloetta which also happens to be the mascot of one of the shittiest features of gen 5 that was the pokemon musical (followed by pokestar studios)
>good

><> J
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.