[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you fix Johto games' level scaling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: johto-kanto-map.jpg (1MB, 3000x1316px) Image search: [Google]
johto-kanto-map.jpg
1MB, 3000x1316px
How would you fix Johto games' level scaling?
>>
remove Kanto
>>
Make it more linear so not every trainer has level 20 mons.
>>
>>31036831
>Route 43 is unaccesible until you have 6 badges
>Pryce's ace is lv38
>Archer's ace is lv43
>Route 45 trainers and wild pokemon are around lv35
>Put trainers in the Victory Road
>Lance's ace is lv55
>>
>>31036831
i wouldn't, fuck off
>>
>>31036831
increase the levels automatically if you beat a gym leader of either sides
>>
>>31036831
"Level scaling" is an autist meme created to find flaws into otherwise perfect games.

This is almost as retarded as calling something "comfy"
>>
>>31037319
We all know OP isn't talking about Red. It's about the game in general.
>>
>>31037444
wtfh mod deleted my post.
anyway if you change the leveling scale you might end up too strong. also its not like you cant rematch the gym leaders or the pokemon league dont forget you have to take into account that there are two regions.
>>
>>31036831
Beautiful picture like this almost make me forget this ugly ass region
>>
>>31037345
The hell? There's no excuse for the Mahogany rocket base to be full of mons 10 levels lower than the gym.
>>
>>31037565
>random grunts's pokemon are weaker than the region's strongest gym leader
Really makes you think.
>>
>>31036831
Block off more areas until you reach certain HM checkpoints (like having Surf).

>>31037345
>johtoddlers actually believe this
>>
>>31037492
But the entire problem is that you breeze through gyms 5, 6, and 7 because they're all around the same levels, then Claire kicks your unprepared ass.
>>
>>31036831
You know how you make the level scaling good for Johto?

Instead if going to the league after Clair, you went up routes 27 and 26, hit victory road, and went straight into Kanto. You then clear the Kanto gyms, THEN took on the league.

Also, on the topic of Johto: it would have been nice if more gen 2 Pokemon were available in Johto. Like, put Murkrow in in Ilex Forest, Houndour in the Burned Tower, Sneasel in Ice Path like in Crystal, and Larvitar in thr back of Mt. Mortar.
>>
You'd have to add some linearity. Either that or extend routes as well as adding more trainers in them.
Caves could have been a bit better too.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.