[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battle Tree General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 51

Unstoppable Edition

Previous Thread >>31009079

Share video codes, strategies and tips.

Share glorious victories, or crushing defeats.

Bonus points for having the balls to share videos of your failures.
>>
I wanted to upload my battle against Colress, however:

"This battle video can not be made public"

This only happens when the NPC's pokemon has an illegal moveset, meaning the game legitimately cheats.

It was in super doubles, with him running:

Alolan Muk
Porygon 2
Metagross (mega)
Clink Clang

Any of you know which of his pokemon has an illegal move? I wasn't paying that much attention.

And the worst part? I did manage to beat him and scout him for multi battles, but if his first two 'mons were one of the illegal ones, I won't be able to save a single battle video with him as a partner.

Good job gamefreak.
>>
File: download memes.jpg (97KB, 245x337px) Image search: [Google]
download memes.jpg
97KB, 245x337px
Just beat Red with a really stupid switching strategy that would never work against a normal human player. I could have PP stalled his Snorlax with it if I wanted to.

K3EW-WWWW-WWW3-HWAD
>>
>Swept by an Armaldo with rock polish + rock slide + EQ because it flinched my team to death with king's rock procced earthquakes.

HOLY SHIT.
>>
File: 1481414492163.png (25KB, 449x470px) Image search: [Google]
1481414492163.png
25KB, 449x470px
>Muk used minimize
>>
I am using special attacking life orb tapu koko as my lead.
Mega Salamence as my switch in for koko.
What should my last mon be?
>>
>>31036141
Weakness Policy Smogon Sword
>>
>>31036150
Thanks!
>>
Is Spikes/Whirlwind Skarmory into StealthRock/DragonTail Garchomp too gimmicky?
Also, the AI 100% for sure makes teams that counter your first mon, so I'll be running into a lot of mono electric/fire which is good for the latter
>>
>just bred and trained my first mega salamence
>pair it with a porygon2 and alolan marowak
>mega salamence just face rolls everything
>porygon2 stalls out pesky bulky water types
I'm on a 42 streak on my very first attempt but I'm calling it a night for now. For God's sake, use mega salamence if you aren't already.
>>
File: homudance.gif (96KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
homudance.gif
96KB, 275x275px
I am teaming up with a Veteran who has Mega Gardevoir and Mimikyu for super multi battles.

I have Lele-chan and The flying disc of balanced meta.

Every enemy team is filled with almost nothing but Poison, Ice and steel types now.
>>
Can I swap teams mid-streak?
>>
>>31036358
Yes, with no penalty
>>
lost at a 67 streak to drampa

fuck it takes a long ass time to climb back up
>>
File: fascinating.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
fascinating.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
>swap in Tapu Fini against enemy Lapras
>enemy Lapras wastes some turns with Blizzard while I just calm mind away
>suddenly, enemy Lapras unleashes a full power Z-Move
>it's the psychic type Z-Move
>does almost no damage

For what purpose would you run Psychium Z on Lapras
>>
>>31036307
Which set would you recommend ?
>>
Hello, my name is anon
I'm building a team with Golisopod as the lead, Skarmory as the second, and _________ as the third
Please help me fill in the blank
>>
Do the special trainer themes actually play in Battle Tree, or did people just find the music in the game data after datamining? Other than Red I've never heard any of the old music when battling Dexio, Colress, Wally or even Guzma
>>
>>31036945
You need to have the default trainer music selected when battling.
>>
>>31036724
Try alolan Persian with Z Parting Shot. Golisopod will inevitably switch out due to his ability, you can use Z Parting Shot to switch out Persian and fully heal Golisopod for more Emergency Exit shenanigans.
>>
File: furb.png (231KB, 572x380px) Image search: [Google]
furb.png
231KB, 572x380px
>Enemy Landorus used Explosion!
>>
>>31036994
I was thinking about it, but realized it can't learn Knock Off so all it would really do is Fake Out and then Z Parting Shot against most mons
Maybe I'm underrating it, though
>>
File: 1481599146722.png (93KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1481599146722.png
93KB, 900x900px
>Running Super Singles with an Ice team
>A-Ninetales, Toxapex with Safety Goggles, and Z-Move Primarina
>Puts in work, get an 18 win streak without trying
>Run gets killed by a fucking Meganium of all things

Sub
Rest
Double Team
Petal Blizzard
>>
Just beat Red at 50 and I'm up to 60 now. Using Nihilego, Scarf Lele and Mega Gyarados atm but I feel like switching Lele out for another revenge killer.

Also managed to scout a Shell Smash Komo-o Veteran with a Mega Latias lead fuck yeah
>>
>>31036686

For fighting types I guess since it's weak to fighting
>>
Was running some ideas of teams and did some Google work to find someone saying you can't have a clear smog A-Muk until bank. People are lazy as fuck sometimes and just write things off without even trying to figure it out, which isn't that difficult.
>>
Whoever got to 50 with Doubles, please post your teams/strats and any tips/observations you got from playing.

Been doing Tapu Koko + Oranguru Discharge spam, which does the trick most of the time but if they get taken down I struggle to really recover as the other two are just my Single streak mons which don't really synergise.
>>
File: homer.gif (98KB, 140x140px) Image search: [Google]
homer.gif
98KB, 140x140px
I dare you to have a more stupid fight than this one. I quickly maxed out the shadow ball PP after this fight. Would have saved me some trouble.

XH8W-WWWW-WWW3-HBTB
>>
>>31037099
What hold item do you recommend on A Muk?
I've seen Ass Vest, but one of my mons is already running it
Figy Berry equivalent with Gluttony seems good, but Poison Touch with generic Black Sludge also seems great
>>
>Unfezant w/ Sky Attack and Hypnosis sweeps you
this is some bullshit
>>
>>31037230
I've literally never seen Hypnosis miss in the tree
Literally
>>
>>31037138
personally I'd run sludge
>>
Lele-chan is absolutely disgusting I can't believe Gamefreak let this pass, she practically handed me my singles stamp. I gave her Specs and I swear the only things that lived a Psychic without a resistance were the Snorlax, Dusknoir, and SOME Gastrodon.

>>31037113
What are you running on Top Kek? Specs or Life Orb? Or something else? I'm down to steamroll another stamp with another Tapu of balance.
>>
>>31037262
>having fun steam rolling AI with the strongest non-legendary in the game
Why tho
I'm not even a Karenfag saying you need to win with Poliwrath or something
>>
I am currently training up a combo that I saw on here.

Regenerator Toxapex with

Scald
Recover
Toxic
Haze

What items/EVs should I put on it? It has calm nature

Mimikyu, already trained with 252 Atk and 252 Spe

What moveset/items should I use?

Tapu Koko: I don't know at all what to use on it or if I should even use this.
I also have a Xurkitree but it might be too slow.

Thoughts?
>>
>>31035495
How can I view this video?
>>
>>31037272
Because I want the stamps and simply want the most efficient path too them.

Also it's surprisingly fun to just watch Lele crush everything.
>>
>>31037284
>most efficient path
Alright, well, just don't make a thread tomorrow saying there's zero content
>>
>>31037283
Enter the castle in your festival plaza and search for a video. Then enter the code.
>>
>>31035445

No one has any idea? is /vp/ really that clueless on legit battle tree hax?
>>
>>31037328
I looked at the moves and I don't see anything wrong.
>>
>>31037291
Dying to some bullshit in the tree doesn't give the game more content. I'm perfectly satisfied with the game I just want to get my stamps and move on to something else.
>>
>>31035941
> Kartana used Smart Strike
>>
>>31037378
Grinding the pokevision stamp?
>>
>>31037328
I looked at his potential mons on serebii and they look fine
>>
>>31037409
>took only 34%!
>Muk used Fire Punch!
Gg skrub
>>
>>31035941
This shit is why I'm breeding a clear smog muk
>>
>>31037262

Life Orb, though actually Specs is probably better because Instruct will proc Life Orb twice and the downside of being locked into a move is irrelevant if you're relying on Instruct.

Actually I will do that and then I can move Life Orb to Reuniclus and use him.
>>
>>31037043
It gets foul play as an egg move, you'll need to breed foul play AND parting shot onto a Pancham and then breed a Meowth.
Foul Play is 95 base power, gets a STAB boost, and punishes Pokemon that try to boost their attack, plus you don't need to invest any EVs in attack.
I run toxic, taunt, foul play, and parting shot. You'll be taunting and using parting shot mostly, but foul play will hit hard against physical attackers that Alolan Persian has no problem with thanks to fur coat.
>>
>>31037515
Could be good
That's probably a little more viable than the Krookodile I was planning on running, and about as viable as A Muk
Will do
>>
>>31037528
I've run assault vest A. Muk alongside A. Persian before since I don't have recovery on Muk, but I didn't like having two dark types.
But yeah, Persian is great at taking on physical attackers, and you can taunt walls, parting shot them, and watch them do pitiful damage to your Golisopod with their lowered offenses.
>>
>>31037328

Which two mons?
>>
>>31037113
This was my team:

Kartana @ Focus Sash
Hardy
Beast Boost
-Leaf Blade
-X-Scissor
-Smart Strike
-Sacred Sword

Pelipper @ Wise Glasses
Modest
Drizzle
-Soak
-Blizzard
-Hydro Pump
-Hurricane

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Jolly
Sand Veil
-Poison Jab
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Iron Head

Salamence @ Salamencite
Jolly
Intimidate > Aerilate
-Dragon Claw
-Return
-Brick Break
-Earthquake

I know it looks like shit, but it worked.

Kartana and Pelipper lead, Drizzle activates and weakens Fire attacks while boosting Hydro Pump and making sure Hurricane never misses. I fully invested in Pelipper's HP and went half/half with the remainder on Def/SpDef. Focus Sash works as a fallback measure in case Kartana would've gotten OHKO'd anyway (unlikely from most Physical Attacks). Pelipper actually hits pretty hard and tends to stay on the field a good while. Rock types weren't too much of a threat with Kartana there and the general low-accuracy of Rock-type moves. The Electric-types I encountered would easily be cleaned up by Garchomp.

Blizzard is there in case an opponent changes the weather to Hail. Rarely used it, but it worked when it needed to somehow. Soak would be there if the opponent sends something bulky that Hydro Pump or Hurricane couldn't do much against as Kartana's Leaf Blade would then be super effective. Kartana normally takes out at least 3 mons before it goes down too. Sometimes I go full matches without losing either lead.

Most Ice-types I encountered were leads as a result of the CPU's response to Garchomp and Salamence being on the field at the same time in the previous match so they're easy pickings for Kartana.

Mega Salamence there to deal with other megas and Garchomp's Z-Move helps me take out hard-to-kill stuff without endangering my Kartana should those two end up on the field at the same time.
>>
>>31038241
>>31037113

Even better if you weren't an idiot like me and got a Kartana with an actual Beneficial Nature.
>>
So I'm making a team right now that I remember being posted here, except I don't remember much of what the move set for each Pokemon were.

Garchomp Jolly, sand veil (never managed to get one with rough skin) 252 in Atack and speed, 4 in def, I Don't know what Item I should give him but when I get enough points for a Garchompite il buy one for sure.
>Dragon claw
>Earthquake
>swords dance
>???
Kartana, Adamant nature, 252 EVs in attack and speed. Dont know what the last 4 EVs should be in and I don't remember the item
>Sacred sword
>Smart strike
>Swords dance
>Leaf blade
Mimikyu, Jolly with 252 in attack, speed, 4 EVs in def, Item is either red card or Life orb.
>Swords dance
>Play rough
>Shadow Sneak
>Shadow claw
Don't know if I should replace one of Mimikyu's moves with Taunt since I'm guaranteed to face a stall mon.
>>
>>31037113
I used this http://pastebin.com/mm7ZuXtU and won most of it with tbolt spam with Koko and Xurkitree
>>
>>31037515
Aside from obvious Speed EVs, do you dump the rest into SpDef or HP?
>>
How good is Ash-Greninja in the tree?
>>
File: colress.jpg (50KB, 383x450px) Image search: [Google]
colress.jpg
50KB, 383x450px
This mother fucker right here, has cheated me out of so many runs.

He either always gets a convenient critical hit, or somehow dodges a move that has 100% accuracy. Each of these things being the ONE THING that causes me to lose.

Fuck you Colress. Fuck you Battle Tree.
>>
After losing track of how many times I lost somewhere in the 40s due to some RNG bullshit, I finally managed to get 50 in Super Singles, and I didn't even run into any bullshit along the way. Last battle I swept Red like the bitch he is. Man it feels good to finally get that fucking stamp.
Team I finally won with was
Specs Modest Tapu Lele
Scarf Jolly Garchomp
Jolly Megagross
Wish I hadn't had to resort to that but the tree gave me no choice, anyway what's a good team for doubles? Preferably one where I could use some of these mons.
>>
File: MVP.jpg (76KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MVP.jpg
76KB, 1920x1080px
>>31039623
Look on the bright side. If you beat him and scout him with Megagross, multi battles become a joke.
>>
>>31039623
Scout him out, and make the Battle Tree eat its own hax.
I did all 70 Multi Battles for the stamp with him.
MegaGross doing a Zen Headbutt under Psychic Terrain hits like a freight train.
>>
It really hurts when your streak gets killed by a fucking Blizzard freezefest
>>
So whats an EZ setup for normal singles to 50?
>>
EPLW-WWWW-WWW3-HR2F
This one was beyond my fault
I should've focused on Gyarados
TL4W-WWWW-WWW3-HR5K
And this one is one I'm just legitimately proud of
It went so fucking badly for so long, it was a wonder I won in the end
Fuck you Milotic
>>
>>31039807
Don't lead with a Dragon
1/3 to 1/2 of your matches will be against mono Ice
>>
>>31039856
AssVest Guzmapod
Life Orb Kartana
MegaMence
>>
>>31039883
Lead with what? EVs? Moveset?
>>
>>31039874
I don't. Mega Salamence is in the back. The CPU seems to try to counter the last Pokemon you had on the field in the previous match, it seems.
>>
How could I have not lost this? I've lost at 19 several times

UUXG-WWWW-WWW3-HRCR
>>
>>31039857
I found another good one
This one is just rich, fuck the AI
C29W-WWWW-WWW3-HRG9
>>
File: 1482219919444.png (109KB, 720x534px) Image search: [Google]
1482219919444.png
109KB, 720x534px
>Mega Gyara +2 Waterfalls Escavalier
>Lives with like 1% no sash
>KOs with Megahorn
>One Pokemon left each
>Brings out Scarf Lele
>GG BREEDER MAN
>The Custap Berry allowed Escavalier to move first!
>OHKOes with Iron Head

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>31040001
>Custap Berry
That's fucking bullshit
I wish I had that so badly
>>
>>31039893
You figure it out
Not gonna spoonfeed you
>>
>>31036708
I use DD, dragon claw, EQ, and return. Adamant nature with full speed and attack investment. Seems like the AI never knows what to throw at you when you use this. There's obviously a bunch of good ways to run megamence though.
>>
>>31040235
I do this
Except I gave my memece Double-Edge instead
Is that good?
>>
File: 1482636112816.gif (835KB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
1482636112816.gif
835KB, 499x281px
Why does your AI partner suddenly become extra stupid when they are on your side?

It's like they deliberately work against you and do not want to win.
>>
>>31040277
Dunno, man.
Wally was a weak piece of shit when I went against him
And his Scarfchomp wrecks shit
Most of the time, sometimes he does stupid shit
But I guess it's my fault, the Pokemon i use don't allow it to use E-quake
>>
Trick Room Bronzong is the fucking worst. It's a pain the ass to deal with it, and it never does anything significant.
>>
I run a Pheromosa@life orb as my opener with Tapu Fini@leftovers for when I need to dig in as a wall, and Leafeon@Choice Band as my switch-in when I need the other two to abandon ship. By the grace of god Ive managed to scrape through to 15 battles with them but I think I need to make a change.

I've got a Porygon-Z@Normalium that's ready to go but I'm wondering if I should find a better wall than Lele instead of the replacing Leafeon?

As for battles, I accidentally saved a loss where I completely dropped the ball and deserved to lose, though I don't have my 3ds on hand with the video code.
>>
>>31040379
Sorry, better wall than Fini*
My bad
>>
>>31040367
I get a migrane every time I see Trick Room being used
I lost a match because fucking trick room deactivated in the worst possible time and i ended up being faster than a shitty Trevenant that used Phantom Force
>>
>>31039623

>Run into him all the time when dicking around on last file.
>Current playthough has me never run into him ever so I can't scout his Mega gross.
>>
>>31039856

Mimikyu, Mega mence, Lele.
>>
>>31040379
Got the video, it was from before I had enough BP to band Leafeon and changed Fini's move from Surf to Hydro Pump so settle in for some cringe

3YYW-WWWW-WWW3-HTUK
>>
>>31037113

Won't work for everyone but it was fun. Ground/Electric types withstandingand Colress being nowhere in sight

Salamence (F) @ Salamencite
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brick Break
- Dragon Claw
- Flamethrower
- Return

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Grass Knot

Primarina (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 138 SpA
Ability: Torrent
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Scald
- Energy Ball

Lycanroc-Midnight (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide
- Stone Edge

Lead with Megamence and Koko and let them do their thing most of the time.
Ice/water types or anything with ice beam/blizzard as leads? Switch salamence out for Primarina and let her deal with them.
Either one of the first two faint? Throw in the wolf and spam no guard rock slides for decent damage and flinch hax.
>>
I really love Mega Scizor in Battle Tree. It basically autowins against a bunch of stuff because HP Fire isn't a thing and it's so bulky. I wonder what I should run with it though. I was using Kommo-o and Primarina, but it had a speed issue and ended up losing after a streak of 61.
>>
In Doubles, if Colress' last two Pokemon were Mega Metagross and Muk, will he have them in his team when I Scout him for Multis? Or does it only grab his first two Pokemon?
>>
>>31039944
That's bull, but for the little that it's worth: I liked your nicknames
>>
>>31040714
Only the first two
>>
>>31040734
Damn.
>>
>>31040714

First two Pokemon they send out. Always check serebii for movesets since they carry multiples of the same mons. For example, you want Colress's Mega Gross but don't want the exploding one.
>>
So how much BP do you all have on hand? 775 here after buying the power items, choice scarf, choice specs, Assault vest, and Salamencite.
>>
Daily reminder that if you could'nt handle taking all hits as crits it's because your are weak

Daily reminder that if you could'nt handle missing all your hits it's because you are weak

>battle armor, shell armor, lucky chant
>coil, hone claws, wide lens
>>
>>31040848
I have 1613. I have multiples of most important BP items and most mega stones already too.

I can give some stuff away if anyone needs anything.
>>
>>31040851
>using these in the tree
>not sticking with 100% accurate attacks
>implying pheromosa won't still miss a 99% accurate high jump kick
>>
>>31040851
Confusion and paralysis annoy me more than crits, that's why I always have a full support Whimsicott with Safeguard with me in Doubles, I love when opponents use Swagger on the first turn.
Also use Hone Claws-Z on my Mimikyu and Wide Lens on my Tsareena so Play Rough and High Jump Kick never miss.
>>
So the points max out at 7 per match? Thought they'd keep going up.. :(
>>
>>31035445
you can check summary of partner pokemon in multi battle m8
>>
>>31042074
I mean...7 points per battle is pretty fucking generous on top of the 50 you get.
>>
File: 1480005944820.png (381KB, 675x834px) Image search: [Google]
1480005944820.png
381KB, 675x834px
>>31037124
Fuck
>>
>>31034713
>breed a perfect gyarados and garchomp for the battle tree
>raise them to get certain moves/evolutions and then stop there
>assume that the battle tree sets all levels to 50
>many battles in I notice these are are at levels 46/48 respectively

glad I noticed before I lost my streak, as if there aren't enough factors to worry about
>>
>Lose my 30+ battle streak to a Rotom-Heat because it completely counters my team
>Give my Aegislash an Occa Berry to help with this weakness
>Battle 48 of my next streak
>Rotom-Heat
>"This'll be easy, I'll just King's Shield back into Shield Forme, then eat the Overheat and wreck it with Shadow Ball"
>It uses a Z-Fire move
>Goes through King's Shield and uses up my Occa Berry
>Die to Overheat next turn because I had no Occa Berry
>Kills my last mon with a critical hit

Fuck this game.
>>
>>31043011
Seriously. These random rotom forms should not be this fucking obnoxious.
>>
Thinking of running a cute Lele-chan if my current team fails. Probably specs.

For those who run her in the Tree, do you use Modest or Timid?
>>
File: I don't know.png (711KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
I don't know.png
711KB, 816x612px
>>31042937
Word of advice. Use serebii trainer list to know what to expect
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/battletree.shtml
and this calculator to know the EV spreads and nature
https://turskain.github.io/
>>
So I'm gonna be using Shiinotic + Corsola since they cover each other perfectly aside from Steel (and not having any resistances/weaknesses to Bug, Psychic, Steel, Rock, and Ghost). Any thoughts for the last? Aegislash covers all but Ghost, which it can (hopefully) still remove with WP and Sneak. I was also considering AV Togedemaru, which can Nuzzle and Zing Zap Ghosts to death since all Physical released ghosts are shit anyways.
>>
>it's another trainer leading with Abomasnow and Mamoswine of four in 10 games

I mean I am relying on Discharge + Instruct with M-Salamence, the fact the game is entirely spamming hard counters in perfect combination back-to-back is just confirmation bias
>>
File: 1469687330678-pol.png (176KB, 344x337px) Image search: [Google]
1469687330678-pol.png
176KB, 344x337px
>just beat Red and only lost my marowak
It was kind of anticlimactic, lapras, leftovers blastoise, and some venusaur that my mega salamence one-shotted
>>
>>31043636
Let me guess. It's mostly construction workers spamming ice and ground types along with that one random rotom thrown somewhere right?
>>
>>31043698
I get those fuckers EVERY round
Enough goddamn Ice already
>>
>>31043645
>double team substitute occa berry tornadus hits 4 hurricanes/focus blasts in a row and ends my streak at 52
Fuck the Japanese. We should have nuked them to oblivion.
>>
>>31043698

Oh yeah, Rotom is also there alot too.

I mean such a wide pool of available pokemon for that trainer to use and he ALSO chooses Rotom every time. What a crazy coincidence!
>>
File: 1479799362234.jpg (42KB, 750x711px) Image search: [Google]
1479799362234.jpg
42KB, 750x711px
When in doubt, use Tapus and UBs. Literally just got 50 victories in Single Battles, first time trying this team:

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

Buzzwole @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

It's a really cool team that puts in a lot of work. I'll try to get to 100+ with this team while waiting for Pokebank and my old Maison bros who are currently stuck in Alpha Sapphire. Before that I'll go for the Doubles tho with two Tapus and two UBs. Let's see how broken these guys really are.

>>31043743
>occa berry tornadus
u wot m8
>>
>>31043881
Meant yache
>>
Yeah evasion boosts are bullshit. I thought z-nasty plot would reset stats the way haze would BUT I GUESS NOT.
Goddam clawziter
Other than shenanigans like this my set up sweep persain works well. Send out first, make a decision on whether or not the opponent is worth setting up on. If not, parting shot out of there. If yes, boost and dominate.
That didn't hapen this time but I can upload other footage of that if you want.
JMTG-WWWW-WWW3-Y7CR
>>
is megamance better than multi-dragonite?
i'm running aegislash and tapu fini as well so i guess they'd be interchangeable.

i also went with a timid/252Spe fini but in hindsight wouldn't modest/252HP be better?

still only at 20 streak, haven't had much time to keep going.
>>
>>31043449
Timid for max speed. It's more important to go first with her since a lot of enemy mons will be able to one shot her. Timid Specs Lele with Max IV/EV in Special attack still hits like a nuke.
>>
>>31044385
Intimidate > Megamence has saved me many times.
>>
It's been verified that Anabel and Colress have no unlock conditions correct?

I've run though Super Singles enough times to hit the special trainer battles about 40 times now and I have yet to see either of them no matter how much I change my team.
>>
>>31044425
Thanks anon.

>Have her red and paralyzed, still busting out of Heal balls at 0 shakes

Guess I'm leaving balltism behind for this one.
>>
All the anons waiting for the pokebank to update next week, what kind of teams will you use for the Battle Tree?
>>
>>31044954

>Implying it will be next week.

I imagine late January. I'll most likely wait until people make QR codes for teams fine tuned for the tree.
>>
>>31045017
Speaking of qr codes, where are they? Google search has gotten me no where with actual teams, just info on what they are.
>>
File: image.png (10KB, 257x120px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
10KB, 257x120px
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>31044954
Mostly just the ones who I've already prepared from gen 6.
I imagine mega gaurdevior will enjoy the support from a charjabug, although the clefairy I've been using her with also makes for great support.
I'm surprised more people don't use friend gaurd clefairy.
>>
>>31045228
It's the graceful flying disc of balanced meta and it has arrived to give the battle tree it's blessing.
>>
>>31044816
adamant/jolly or mixed/mixed+Spe?
>>
File: Screenshot_36.png (14KB, 227x256px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_36.png
14KB, 227x256px
Note to self: Never trust this thing and kill it the moment it appears and could potentially use trick room

Fuck I barely made out of that nightmare alive with megamence with a small bit of health left
>>
>>31043449
>>31044425
I recommend using Modest Scarf instead of Timid Specs. You need that Speed from Scarf and with Modest nature you hit insanely hard while still outspeeding everything relevant. Source: I'm this guy >>31043881 and currently sweeping in Doubles with the same set. I can't imagine any set being better than Modest Scarf.
>>
File: 1427654083595.png (206KB, 648x628px) Image search: [Google]
1427654083595.png
206KB, 648x628px
>mfw I just scouted Cynthia with Mega Lucario and Scarf Garchomp
Time to get those 50 victories in Super Multis. What two Pokemon would be good partners for those two monsters?
>>
>>31045750
Something flying because she will use Earthquake against you.
>>
>>31045750

>Closest I get is scarf Chomp and Weakness policy Luke.
>Her Lucario can't hit for shit prior to having the item go off.

Fucker must have equal investment in both attacking stats.
>>
File: problem.jpg (43KB, 625x414px) Image search: [Google]
problem.jpg
43KB, 625x414px
I just had a fight against the most desperate Lickilicky.

>I lead with Mega-Megamence and enemy leads with Lickilicky
>gets attack dropped by intimidate
>I use double edge and almost kill
>he uses Hammer Arm, doing almost no damage
>decide to just DD since he seems to have no good moves
>he suddenly uses the Normal Type Z move
>Megamence survives barely
>use roost to get some health back
>Lickilicky used Explosion!
>Megamence survives with 1 HP
>>
>>31040986
>implying pheromosa won't still miss a 99% accurate high jump kick
This. Literally had it happen.
>>
>>31037082
>Shell Smash Komo-o
This isn't actually possible for us to do though unfortunately.
>>
File: d4562.jpg (37KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
d4562.jpg
37KB, 430x430px
>>31043448
>double team confuse ray rotom-heat
>>
File: not a capable soldier.jpg (208KB, 576x1144px) Image search: [Google]
not a capable soldier.jpg
208KB, 576x1144px
>enemy Spiritomb using Swagger while Tapu Fini has the field effect up
>>
File: chen.gif (619KB, 733x644px) Image search: [Google]
chen.gif
619KB, 733x644px
>Specs Lele is locked into Psychic
>enemy switches in his own Psychic type
>kill enemy psychic type in 2 hits with Lele anyway
>>
minior is really good as a lead.
its ability prevents status, but the ai still tries to use them on it
>>
File: 1481264967096.jpg (3KB, 124x125px) Image search: [Google]
1481264967096.jpg
3KB, 124x125px
>>31046139
>mfw same
>>
Whats a good nature for Mega Metagross? What about Dragonite?
>>
>Choice Scarf Rock Slide Aerodactyl
aaaaAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
ENOUGH OF THIS
>>
Still looking for a good item for my Kartana, I feel like Focus Sash would be a good choice so that it doesn't just get fucked turn one cuz the other mon used a fire move. Any thoughts?

...Also is there a faster way to reset ev's? I'm getting tired of the berries
>>
>People think they are actually getting hard countered.
>>
>>31047584
As someone who leads Hydreigon, it is not a coincidence that I fight mono Ice for between a third and a half of my opponents, and that is with no exaggeration
You would not believe how many first-mon Abomasnows I've killed
>>
FUCK YOU RNG

Got to 46 straight wins and lost to freeze hax and staying frozen for a few turns afterwards. I was so close
>>
>>31047584
>try a 4x poison weak and 4x flying weak in doubles
>lead crobats out the ass
>>
>>31047555
Life Orb is nice enough for Kartana. It needs that boost to get that first OHKO.
>>
>>31047584
>Lead with Mimikyu
>70% of my enemies lead with a Steel mon.
>>
File: 1482426101376.jpg (77KB, 575x350px) Image search: [Google]
1482426101376.jpg
77KB, 575x350px
>>31046695
Can't stop the Lele. That thing is broken.
>>
>>31045939
Spread?
>>
>>31047742
>5 Mawile in 10 battles
>not a coincidence
>>
>>31047555
Depends on your teammates, but lum berry helped out the most for me. there were lots of pokemon that tried to confuse or paralyze it, and its attack is high enough without life orb, especially after it gets a KO

haven't tried focus sash on it myself, though. I didnt bother because I switched it in to tank a physical hit now and then
>>
>>31047728
Fair enough, but for the moment my life orb is being used by Tapu Koko.

My current strat is to weaken/kill first mon + weaken second with a Golisopod, get that safe switch and easy cleanup with Kartana, and roll that Beast Boost all the way through. My life orb Koko is for when Kartana may go down.
>>
>>31047584
I'm surprised it took so long for them to even try to hard counter me. It took 61 games for them to run a Togekiss which kinda runs over my team.
>>
>>31047134
>Whats a good nature for Mega Metagross?
Jolly
>What about Dragonite?
Adamant

>>31047555
I like Sash Kartana but I've only used it in Doubles so I can't say what would be the optimal item for Singles.
>>
>>31047777
May as well give it a Sash or a Fightium-Z
>>
>>31047770
>Use SD on my Mimikyu
>Mawile's Razor Claw activates
>Disguise takes Mawile's Iron Head
>Guess I could take a chunk of its HP before going down
>Razor Claw activates again.
So much bullshit and it's just on Normal Singles.
>>
>>31047807
I see adamant dragonite recommended everywhere, why never jolly? any other DD user wants more speed
>>
>>31047780
It isn't smart enough to know specific mon counters, but definitely goes for typing counters

Really, all you have to do is make your 2nd and 3rd strong against your leads weaknesses
Mono weak teams get punished and lead sweepers can't do as well unless they can brute-force it like M Salamence, but that's it
>>
>>31034713
I just saw a shiny Hippowdon. Did a double take for a second, didn't even know trainers in the tree could have shiny Pokemon.
>>
>>31047849
xurkitree with tbolt/energy ball/hp ice has insane utility in singles

>>31047864
probably a female hippowdon
>>
>>31047849
I suppose I've seen that. I put Kommo-o as my lead spot, seems like I come across an assload of lead mons running Will-o-Wisp, Thunder Wave, Yawn, Charm, basically anything that'll cripple it and force a switch. I run Lum Berry so it doesn't really do anything but it's noticeable.
>>
>>31047584
People who are getting hard countered have shit teams. The team building process should ALWAYS begin like this:
>Pic a strong lead
>Pick something that counters your lead's counters
There, now it doesn't matter if you get "countered". This should be obvious to every player out there.

>>31047848
Dragonite really wants all that power, especially since 80 isn't a very good Speed tier. Also, there's not much that outspeeds +1 Adamant Dragonite but doesn't outspeed +1 Jolly. The only relevant Mon that I can think of is Aerodactyl, but even that one likes to run Scarf on Battle Tree so it outspeed you anyway. Go with Adamant, there's a reason why it's more popular.
>>
>>31047962
I see, thanks. makes sense
>>
>>31047780

Probably because it didn't know Togekiss counters your team. The AI understands basic favourable type matchups but sometimes misses obvious choices because it's checking weird criteria.

Moves is one thing it checks. I run Electric coverage on two mons in one of my teams and suddenly I am getting a fuckton of Ground types. Suddenly my run was easier because I could still hit them for high neutral damage even if they "countered" me, and they were running Ground types over Steel types that actually did cause more of a problem.

This is also another reason M-Salamence is good in the Battle Tree, though people might not realise it - the AI doesn't know what Aerilate does, so it assumes your Normal move is just a Normal move. You'll get lots of Ice, Rock and Steel types - but also WAY less Electric types that can outspeed and paralyse you, which would appear if you used an actual Flying move.

No doubt if you had enough experience you could find out what hard counters your team, then run "coverage" in any unused move slots to trick the AI into not using it. You could use garbage offensive moves you'd never need in practice (like Zap Cannon) and the PC would interpret it as a threat to avoid.

Similarly, Megas that change typing or change the properties of Moves can also expect to have an advantage.
>>
Well I made it to doubles 50 again in the hopes of seeing colress to scout him. No luck...To infinity and beyond this time I guess.
>>
>>31047667
this

fuck blizzard
>>
Jolly or Timid for Mega Salamence?
>>
>>31048415
Jolly
JOLLY
>>
>>31048462
What about Adamant?
>>
>>31048516
Your choice. 189 speed vs 172. Jolly puts you at 120 speed vs Adamant's 105.

Beat singles and doubles with jolly.
>>
I fought Wally twice in one tree run, once as at 10 and then again at 20. Second time he mega evolved Altaria whose mega stone isn't even in the game
>>
>>31048755
The tree doesn't give a fuck what is and isn't available at the moment.

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/battletree/wally.shtml
>>
>get to battle 50 in super doubles
>the battle is incredibly easy and you lose no mons
>when on the path from 40 to 50 you just barely won by a lucky thunder miss
Im so glad I can be done with this trash.
Also this battle here was extremely fucking satisfying. CEKW-WWWW-WWW3-YJB2
>>
>>31048626
>189 speed vs 172
You mean attck right? Anyways thanks anon.

What moveset you suggest? And for EVs, probably ATK and Speed right?
>>
What special trainers are you sick off?

No matter how much I swap out my team, I keep facing Sina.
>>
>>31048984
9/10 times I fought Grimsley in round 10
>>
>>31048934
Nah that's right.
Attack would be 197(jolly) vs 216(adamant)

As for your setup...use what works for you. Some like to use dragon dance and roost.

Here's mine for singles and doubles

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake(singles)Brick Break(doubles)
- Dragon Claw
- Flamethrower
- Return
>>
>>31048984
Red, but he's a pushover so it's alright.
>>
>>31048984
Both Kiawe and Plumeria. At least they're easy wins.
>>
>>31048984
As long as it's not colress and megazam Anabel I don't care who I face
>>
>>31049136

You just keep doing regular singles or are you doing a daily grind to 50?
>>
DEXIO LEAVE ALONE PLEASE! I need a good multi partner not you~
>>
What team is better for Singles?

Kartana
Tapu KoKo
Mega Menace

Or

Toxapex
Garchomp
Mega Scizor

Thinking about those two

Or
>>
>>31049348

Mimikyu, Mega Mence, Tapu Lele.
>>
>>31049383
Well, I mean between the two I posted. I know Lele is great, just not really interested in using her yet.
>>
>>31049435

You ended the post with another Or so I assume you wanted other suggestions.
>>
Any ideas for monotype bug teams?

I actually got a streak of 45 in doubles. Buzzwole and Ribombee were incredible together. Unfortunately as my backup, I just had araquanid and bug silvally, which were decent, but weren't enough to save me from the threat that steam rolled the first two.
>>
How does Minior do in the Battle Tree?
>>
>>31049528

Alright for awhile due to memeing on the shit A.I but will eventually be over powered.
>>
File: 1481880684986.png (307KB, 500x710px) Image search: [Google]
1481880684986.png
307KB, 500x710px
>team leads with aromatisse and Mega Gardevoir
>have to choose between killing the mega or and dealing with trick room or killing trick room and lose my salamence

That was cruel and unusual.
>>
Alright, got my 50 wins singles stamp fairly quickly.

Mega-Mence, Aegislash and Chansey.

Can't believe how powerful mence still is. Wish I got someone good to scout but oh well, on to doubles next.
>>
>scout a specs latios and landorus
>latios uses draco meteor and nothing else
>refuses to switch when at -4 and drowsy
>ladorus immediately explodes against a lone scizor
I can already tell finding a good partner will be hell.
>>
Which nature would work best for a Multiscale Dragonite with Dragon Dance in the Battle Tree. Adamant or Jolly?
>>
>>31050989
Either is fine if you're investing into speed
>>
I don't know if it's the same, but back in Black and White I used a perfect Garchomp to get a 100+ win streek and he did it solo for the most part. Not sure if you can still do that.
>>
>>31051096
>fairies
>megas
>new moves

Yeah probably not
>>
Hey /vp/, I haven't really played post game shit like the Battle Tree since Pearl's Battle Tower. Is it so impossible that I pretty much have to breed Pokemon to get far or is it doable with the Pokemon I beat the Elite 4 with if I grinded levels without the Exp Share?
>>
>>31051724
>if I grinded levels without the Exp Share?
This made me laugh.

Protip: learn what EV's, IV's and what natures do first, man.
>>
>>31051805
I know what they are, I just ignored them for my first run through. I'm just wondering is casually raised Pokemon can compete in the Battle Tree.
>>
>>31051866
God no. Hope you have a 6IV ditto.
>>
>>31051724
You don't stand a chance in super singles. Regular singles is doable if your team is good. Good natures and EVs will help a lot of course.
>>
I'm currently at 45 with Tapu Fini, Salazzle and Hydreigon.

Those three are pretty good together it turns out
>>
>only way of dealing with rotom is grass knot
>rotom paralyzes pokemon with grass knot
>it can't move
aaaaaa
AAAAAA
>>
Whats a good nature and ev spread for mega metagross?
>>
FINALLY won Super Doubles. It was infuriating to have to start over so many times, but at least my team is fun as hell to use. And I needed some luck against Blue to win. That Rhyperior totally blindsided me.

EVJG-WWWW-WWW3-YVLC

Here's another video to show how broken my team can be when I make the right plays:

5FEG-WWWW-WWW3-YVYG
>>
>>31039623
Fuck this faggot and his stupid porygon 2.
>>
wtf why didn't Cynthia's theme play when I battled her at the tree
>>
File: 1476547806468.jpg (250KB, 1148x796px) Image search: [Google]
1476547806468.jpg
250KB, 1148x796px
>>31045750
>scouted Anabel with M-Lucario and Z-Move Raikou
>>
File: 1443056194274.png (130KB, 250x345px) Image search: [Google]
1443056194274.png
130KB, 250x345px
>On Floor 48 of Super Singles with Tapu Koko, Kartana, and Mega Gyarados
>Veteran has an Oranguru that uses Psychic Terrain
>Kill the Oranguru and out comes a Gardevoir and it turns Mega
>"Oh fuck"
>It kills my Tapu Koko and Kartana
>Out comes Gogoat
>Try and kill it with Earthquake but to no avail I can't.
>3 hours of work down the drain
>>
>>31053648
>Psychic Terrain
You mean trick room? If you lost kartana against mega gardevoir I just dunno what to say.
>>
>>31053848
No, Oranguru actually did something that Psychic Terrain became active because I led with Tapu Koko and then the terrain changed. I don't know what because I wasn't paying attention.

Oranguru died and then Gardevoir used Psychic and killed Koko, Severely wounded Kartana but died against Gogoat.
>>
>>31053848
Oranguru can actually learn Psychic Terrain as an Egg move. Anon just got fucked by RNG.
>>
I'm having a tough time pairing something with my megamence and porygon2. I'd been using alolan marowak but I'd prefer to patch up the common rock weakness.
I'd considered conkeldurr but no mach punch or tutor moves. I'd also considered magnezone but it gets no moves and I'm not breeding for hidden power. Would prefer not to use legendary or UB, don't feel line SRing.
>>
Cynthia's Togekiss

Air slash on fini>flinch>twave>paralyzed>air slash>flinch

use moonblast (had a calm mind up already), it does maybe 55%

air slash>paralyzed>air slash>flinch>air slash dead

my team wasn't aegislash, mega mence and toxapex. making it to 40 with Fini, Salazzle, and Hydreigon seemed pretty cool until this shitshow
>>
>>31054191
If you're playing Singles, just go with Aegislash.
>Resists all of Salamence's weaknesses
>Fighting immunity makes it a good partner for Porygon2
>Mence can deal with the ground and fire weaknesses
>Porygon2 can deal with the ghost weakness
>>
>>31054507

Why are people using Porygon2 instead of PorygonZ?
>>
>>31054568

Evolite makes it's defense and special defense insane.
>>
I'm on the cusp of unlocking super singles. How much am I gonna get ass reamed when I do?
>>
>>31054596

What's the usual Porygon2 setup?
>>
>>31054568
Anything I can't smash with mega salamence, I can typically whittle down with toxic stall porygon2. And I give it ice beam to switch into dragons.
>>
>>31054596
Whats the point of an eviolite when ZConversion exists?
>>
>>31054608

You don't need to waste a precious turn doing it.
>>
>>31054604
My set was Recover/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/TR but I've seen people run Tri Attack or Shadow Ball instead.
>>
>>31054507
Ok, two questions: physical or special? I like the coverage of physical but I already have one and I don't want to get burned.
Item: lum berry or potentially a z crystal?
>>
Is there really no faster way to grind to level 50 than outside battle tree or fighting the elite four over and over?
>>
>>31054608
You need to spend time setting it up and it goes away as soon as you need to switch.
>>
>>31054683
Rare kitchens in the plaza.
>>
>>31054675
Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

I like using Leftovers because if I'm dealing with the right opponent, I can spend a couple of turns using KS/SD in shield form to tank some hits and get some HP back.

I haven't tried Lum Berry because I ran Lum DD Dragonite and the battle tree has an item clause. King's Shield won't block any status moves so it does sound like a solid choice.

Sacred Sword was used over Steel STAB because it has better neutral coverage, ignores defense/evasion boosts and lets you hit dark types SE.
>>
I've got life orb Garchomp and Red card Mimikyu made

Will anything work with them or do I need to start from square one?
>>
>>31055098
Post your Mimikyu setup?
>>
>>31055024
Now for mine I think I will take iron head over swords dance since its there to handle fairies and my Salamence has boosting of its own. Thanks for the tips though, I can't believe something as simple as aegislash was a perfect fit for my team.
>>
>>31055246
Mimikyu @ Red Card
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature Adamant
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Facade
>>
>>31055098
Lele
>>
>>31055308
I am okay with this.
>>
File: tapu close.png (248KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tapu close.png
248KB, 500x500px
I tried making a full offensive team. It does not know mercy or restraint.

Timid Specs Lele

Jolly Life Orb Kartana

Focus Sash Chomp

How far will it go? What could potentially counter it? Currently at 12 victories.
>>
File: 323395283efcd66309bc20a3df788de6.png (495KB, 506x1114px) Image search: [Google]
323395283efcd66309bc20a3df788de6.png
495KB, 506x1114px
>>31055316
>>
File: Lu Bu on a motorcycle.jpg (171KB, 550x401px) Image search: [Google]
Lu Bu on a motorcycle.jpg
171KB, 550x401px
Question about damage:

Does Specs Tapu Lele Deal more damage with a Terrain and STAB boosted Psychic that hits neutral or with a Shadow Ball that hits super effective?
>>
The only good Multi's partner I have is Wally with a Mega Gallade and worthless Garchomp who rarely attacks. Cynthia sucks and I'm too lazy to redo the Singles tree hoping to find a good Cynthia or Colress. What teams spawn them anyway?
>>
>>31055335
You could go more offensive with a few of the megas instead of garchomp
>>
>>31055453
I was thinking of using the flying disc of healthy meta at first but I wanted something that can survive against those trainers that run a ton of flying/electric mons. I once got raped by someone using Zapdos and one of the Genies.

Megagross is also cool but
>mostly relies on moves that are not 100% accurate
>>
>>31055448
If you make a team that can get hit hard by steel types or not hit them hard, the game will often put Colress in your way.
>>
File: magma.jpg (157KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
magma.jpg
157KB, 1200x1200px
>beat Cynthia with Mega Lucario and Scarf Chomp
>forgot to scout her
>>
>>31055409
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Banette: 592-697 (220 - 259.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Banette: 466-550 (173.2 - 204.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Yeah
>>
File: crazy.jpg (68KB, 469x563px) Image search: [Google]
crazy.jpg
68KB, 469x563px
>>31055714
fair and balanced
>>
>>31055714
Literally the strongest non-legendary in the game
And that's BEFORE factoring dude no priority lmao
>>
File: top lel.png (121KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
top lel.png
121KB, 700x700px
>Tapu Lele surviving a fire Z move from Incineroar with 22 HP
>>
File: mikufire.jpg (42KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
mikufire.jpg
42KB, 500x375px
>>31055335
This team just lost against a Weaville and a Mega Lopunny in battle 29.

>Lele lead vs Weavile lead
>Weaville used Ice Punch
>Lele is almost dead
>Lele used Moonblast
>Weaville hangs on with Focus Sash
>kills Lele next turn
>Kartana comes in
>Weaville used Ice Punch
>Kartana kills Weaville but is down to almost half health
>enemy sends in Lopunny
>It's a Mega
>Outspeeds and kills with High-Jump Kick
>only have Garchomp left
>Sweet Kiss
>hit myself in confusion
>get outrun and killed by Ice Punch next turn
>>
>>31056063

This is the problem with all-sweeper teams.

You steamroll through 29 games, then you're in the 30s and 40s where a single piece of hax or deliberately placed bad match-up throws you off and you lose all momentum.

It's pretty much ideal (and time-efficient) to lead with Megamence and Tapu Lele, but I like to leave tanky fuckers with their own sweeping specialities in the back. I got to 67 with Mimikyu and Reuniclus as my back-up who could shit over enemy sweepers with Boosted Priority and Trick Room, I only got memed by walls.

It also goes that if you let the opponent move more instead of annihilating them off the bat, it puts you at risk of being memed by their bullshit but you can also learn what strats they use, and tailor your movesets more to deal with them.
>>
File: 1453600828675.png (112KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1453600828675.png
112KB, 540x540px
>90 matches into super doubles
>still no good multi partners

I need a break. Someone end this madness
>>
File: homu tipping.png (174KB, 267x260px) Image search: [Google]
homu tipping.png
174KB, 267x260px
>Enemy Glaceon's Quick Claw lets it move first
>Mega Lucario used Bullet Punch
>Glaceon fainted
>>
Post teams that got to 50 win streak

Hydreigon @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spatk/ 4 HP/ 252 Spe
Nature Modest
-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-Fire Blast
-Dark Pulse

Metagross@ Metagrossnite
Ability:Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 HP/ 252 Spe
Nature Jolly
-Bullet Punch
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbutt

Lycanroc-Midnight@ Choice Scarf
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4HP/ 252 Spe
-Stone Edge
-Rock Climb
-Crunch
-Brick Break

Lycanroc is the MVP with never missing Stone Edge, I'm surprised people aren't running the no-Guard pokemon to counter evasion build that the ai runs.
>>
>>31057095
Singles: http://pastebin.com/daK3yw9M
Doubles: http://pastebin.com/mm7ZuXtU
I used the Fini and Megamence from my singles team paired with Colress to beat multis.
>>
>>31057095
>Scarfed Night dog

About time someone else used this. Works so well in doubles with rock slides/flinch hax and bypassing evasion bullshit.
>>
How do I tapu lele?
>>
>>31057333
General consesus seems to be scarfed and modest.
>>
Ok, so I wanted to make a battle video public to share with you guys because its one of the funniest things I've ever seen in the tree right? Well, I can't for some reason. Why is that?
>>
>>31057524
Something the opponent used with an illegal moveset. Was it the shell smash Kommo-o?
>>
Going around catching Ultra Beasts in Sun. Already fucked up Nihilego, but that sees no use anyway. I have a Careful Buzzwole, but for Xurkitree and Kartana, what natures do I want? Not just for Battle Tree, for competitive in general. I have Abra for Modest, Jolly, and Adamant.
>>
>>31057571
Jolly Kartana for maximum fast.
>>
Thinking of using the Z-Conversion Porygon Z set. Would Ghost or Electric be a better type to switch into overall?
>>
>lost streak at 67 due to thunderdoge
Fuck.
Partially my own fault because I spaghetti'd like mad, but fuck Trick Rotom-Fan and fuck Thunder proccing Para twice and getting FP'd twice.
>>
File: mai.png (225KB, 679x720px) Image search: [Google]
mai.png
225KB, 679x720px
>enemy Togekiss surving a terrain boosted Life Orb T-Bolt from Koko with about 1 health

Stop
>>
File: 1475574624272.png (56KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
1475574624272.png
56KB, 300x263px
This guy >>31043881 here again reporting back with my progress. I went to Doubles with two Tapus and two UBs like I said and got 50 victories on my first try. The Alolan legendaries are fucking broken and make everything a piece of cake. Anyway, here's the team. I very much recommend trying it out if you're having trouble: http://pastebin.com/a3gJDVbY

>tfw was about to share a really cool victory with you but "This battle video cannot be made public"
Fuck off Game Freak.

Well, at least check this out:
ZVJW-WWWW-WWW3-JPF6
The enemy AI doesn't understand Misty Terrain AT ALL. I love Tapu Fini. Such a great Pokemon to use in the Battle Tree.

Next stop: Multis with Cynthia. Let's see if the Alolan legendaries can keep up their impressive winning streak. I'm bringing Tapu Fini and Buzzwole with me.

>>31057719
I was gonna call you out for not using Specs but then I did some calcs.
>252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Togekiss: 186-218 (96.8 - 113.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
Togekiss has some serious bulk.
>>
>>31057689
Switch it up when "suddenly" running into counters.
>>
>>31057801
Does the game understand Z Conversion that much?
>>
>>31057810
Not really, but if using thunderbolt a lot, I started getting bulky ground types
>>
>>31057810
It most certainly doesn't. You can play around with the enemy AI using stuff like Protean, Z-Conversion and Megas that change typing. The AI most likely tries to beat you with Fighting-types if you lead with Porygon Z so I'd definitely have Shadow Ball as the first move if I was using one.
>>
>>31057839
Huh, interesting.
>>
I've just faced a young athlete ayden on the streak 10 instead of one famous trainer. He had a Typhlosion, Gallade, Hawlucha. Not even a mega

What the fuck
>>
>>31057847
Something that works great for me is keeping Hyper Beam as a nuke if converting is not favorable.

>400bp attack followed by 300bp attack
>>
>>31057867
Was it in the regular Single Battles instead of Super Singles?
>>
>>31057879
Super Singles. Thats why its weird
>>
File: nidoque.png (54KB, 164x210px) Image search: [Google]
nidoque.png
54KB, 164x210px
>against enemy Espeon
>I have Top Kek on the field
>Use Taunt because I predict that it's a shitty Yawn + Protect Espeon
>enemy Espeon used Hyper Beam
>>
>>31057893
Did you save the battle video? Are you sure you weren't in battle 9 or 11 instead?
>>
>>31057927
That's what you get for playing poorly and not attacking a Pokemon that you could obliterate with Thunderbolt.
>>
File: CAM00541.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00541.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
>>31057938
Nope. I didnt even knew you could save after a Win, but I'm sure that I'm playing on super singles and it was the 10th streak

Next time I see him imma do it
>>
>>31057801
Try Ice with Ice Beam. You get a good BoltBeam core that way. If they start bringing Ground-types, Ice Beam; if they start bringing Steel and Water-types, then go back to Thunderbolt. Throw Dark Pulse or Psychic on there as a final coverage move (I'd recommend Signal Beam, but it just doesn't have the power; Focus Blast doesn't have the accuracy, but it might still be good against specially defensive Steel-types) and you're good.
>>
>>31058060
dude, the joke is to leave space for z-conversion

unless you mean change porygon-z's moveset every few battles
>>
>when your Mimikyu survives a potentially streak-ending Physical Z-Move with 2 hp left, then shadow sneaks for the win
>you remember you almost settled on training a Mimikyu with only Fantastic Defense IVs, but decided you were going to commit to perfect defensive IVs
>you remember it has the leftover 4 EVs infested into Defense

I've rarely run into scenarios where Minmaxing so blatantly proves itself, but that was one of them.
>>
File: 1438267391559.jpg (17KB, 560x278px) Image search: [Google]
1438267391559.jpg
17KB, 560x278px
>>31058236
Daily reminder not to settle for anything but the absolute best. I'm proud of you for not being a wuss.
>>
>>31057534
No. It was Gourgeist, regular Golem, and mega Sableye. My team was Kartana, Machamp and Primarina. I use smart strike on Gourgeist and as expected, it doesn't knock it out even coming off a life orb adamant STAB move.

It uses trick room of all things. I switch out to Machamp to try and take advantage of the room myself and Gourgeist uses explosion. Machamp tanks it surviving with little under half health. Golem gets sent in and I use protect to get the leftovers recovery and to stall out the trick room as much as possible.

The Golems first fucking move was also explosion. But because I protected it did diddly dick to me. Then the Sableye comes out and I switch out to Primarina and the Sableye mega evolves and fake outs me. Annoying but not broken. That's when the trick room wore off and I moonblast the fucking thing.

I barely even had to do anything the whole fight.
>>
>>31034713
I finally got to battle 50 and red swept me with his mega x
>>
File: 1482110607683.jpg (79KB, 750x774px) Image search: [Google]
1482110607683.jpg
79KB, 750x774px
>battle 117 of super singles
>enemy Blissey with calm mind and ice beam
>Megamence doesn't do enough damage and gets OHKOd
>Other two Pokemon are special attackers and can't KO Blissey

If my Megamence knew double-edge instead of return I probably could have won.
>>
Just won a 50 streak in super double battles. My leads were Tapu Koko and Garchomp along with a gyarados and Tapu Lele. Uh, pretty basic all offensive and yeah pretty good team if you wanna try for the 50 streak, only trainer that gave me some trouble was the one with the eeveelutions.

Good luck with you Battle Tree exploits friends
>>
>People still having trouble getting gud
>Meanwhile I'm already done with the tree on both games
>>
Lost to a Mega Alakazam that traced my download, and raised his SpA. I'm just gonna wait for bank now.
>>
Unlocked all Super modes only using Ninetales-A (Aurora Veil), Porygon-Z (Thunderbolt Z-Conversion), and filler for any remaining slots. While I haven't attempted Supers yet, I can only assume I'll need to replace my very uncompetitive filler.

What would go nice with Ninetales-A and Porygon-Z? I was thinking Mega Salamence just to brute force things Singles and some other powerful filler for Doubles. I'm open to suggestions.
>>
I just lost a streak at lv 38 because a M-Metagross outsped my M-Salamence with 252 speed EVs, 31 speed IVs and jolly nature. There were no speed changes.

How the fuck is that possible?
>>
>>31059475
>How the fuck is that possible?
It's not. If you whine, you post the battle video as a proof. Otherwise there's something you forgot. Maybe a previous Pokemon used Tailwind or dropped your Speed when you were not paying attention, or maybe you fucked your Salamence's EV training. Who knows?
>>
>>31059681
You piece of sh it calling me a liar?
Suck my sick you retarded as whole. I hope your mom dies of cancer
>>
>>31059735

What a thought out and mature response. Your parents raised you well.
>>
>>31059735
Geez I'm tired of children coming here. Leak season is over, leave already.
>>
File: 1418507582967.jpg (15KB, 185x185px) Image search: [Google]
1418507582967.jpg
15KB, 185x185px
>>31059735
I can't believe you actually wrote that.

Anyway, you're damn sure I'm calling you a liar because that's a fact. The game is programmed to work in a certain way. If Pokemon A is faster than Pokemon B, A will go first under normal conditions. This is in the game's code. Now you come here claiming that B went first in that situation and have zero proof to back up your words. Like I said: if you whine, you post proof.
>>
I feel like my biggest enemy is strong water types. A Mega Swampert in the rain memed all over me with Waterfall. Even Specs Tapu Lele could not kill it in one hit.

Which Pokemon can be a good bro against water and still hold its own against other types as well?
>>
>>31059475
...did it use Bullet Punch?
>>
>>31060070

Just run Electric or Grass moves in any unused move slots, that tends to shoo them away.
>>
>>31060070
>Kartana used Leaf Blade
gg no re
>>
File: VSSightseer_F_SM.png (25KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
VSSightseer_F_SM.png
25KB, 400x240px
Well fuck me I think I found my multi parter...Megazam and specs latios sightseer at 95. Nearly eviscerated me before I could scout her. Onward to 100 for the hell of it now
>>
>>31037124
I got stalled and swept by an Avalugg that managed to get 6 curses up. Kinda my fault because I made a pretty half assed team. After that I promptly went to go breed up a proper team.
LV5G-WWWW-WWW3-K4WW
>>
>>31060513
megazam is glitched, the mega will attack you.
same as some z moves
>>
File: 1481191300537.gif (100KB, 498x461px) Image search: [Google]
1481191300537.gif
100KB, 498x461px
>>31060639

Don't do this to me man. Don't fucking do this.
>>
>>31060519

>37 turns

Jesus man, most of my matches rarely get into double digits.
>>
Jolly or Adamant for Metagross?
>>
>>31060719
Jolly
>>
>>31060719
Jolly definitely. M-Metagross has a great Speed tier and you want to have advantage of it.
>>
>>31060719
Don't use Mega Metagross for Singles. You WILL miss.
>>
File: hota.jpg (12KB, 474x473px) Image search: [Google]
hota.jpg
12KB, 474x473px
>>31060639
the fuck
>>
File: 1481177146189.gif (668KB, 420x493px) Image search: [Google]
1481177146189.gif
668KB, 420x493px
>>31060841
>tfw the only reason you won to colress was because metagross missed meteor mash twice in a row
>>
I finally beat Super Multi and got my last stamp.
RS4W-WWWW-WWW3-J7MS
Maybe not the most spectacular seeming battle but I was so happy to be done putting up with my partner's terrible ai. The fight could have gone a whole other direction but we managed to come out on top.
>>
They both don't stand a chance against my team but the same Infernape and Ambipom sets are annoying and a waste of time
>>
>quick claw procs three times in a row
why even bother
>>
>>31062195
Anon that doesn't happen...often. Very very rarely and it fucking sucks when it does.
>>
>>31057095

Scizor@Lum Berry
252HP/252Att/4Def
Technician
Adamant
-Bullet Punch
-Brick Break
-U-Turn
-Pursuit

Gengar@Life Orb
Cursed Body
4HP/252SpA/252Spe
Timid
-Substitue
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Focus Blast

Dragonite@Lum Berry
Multiscale
4HP/252Att/252Spe
Adamant
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Steel Wing

Still undefeated after 3 50-long runs.
>>
New thread: >>31062298
>>
>>31062233
but it ended up my streak, it makes it so that at any given time your streak can end, regardless of your choices or your team because lolrng.

it's just kind of shitty.
>>
>>31062313
>double lum berry
jadge
>>
>>31062396
woops

Scizor has a Choice Band
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.