[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do casuals prefer oras to sun and moon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

Seems like big difference in the user rating
>>
>>31034528
Who knows?
>>
>>31034528
You have a missed call OP.
>>
>>31034533
Was my ex #HoeAssSkank
>>
>>31034528
its a bunch of faggots spamming low reviews, because of, get this, no gyms. Read some.
>>
>>31035834
>a low review for something affecting gameplay I don't agree with is irrelevant
/vp/ never fails to embarrass itself
>>
>>31035834
This. Seriously, read the low-score user reviews. There are like one or two that are actually well written, the rest are by spic children who's ADHD was so intense that they couldn't sit through a minute-long cutscene.
>>
>>31035839
"no gyms 1/10"
-you
>>
>>31035846
it's not the only flaw, but it is a flaw
not everyone will happily eat everything gamefreak shits out and pretend it's excellent
>>
>>31035857
yes but we're talking about the hundreds of reviews that are literally just that. It's spics and children.
>metacritic
>>
File: 1482288556872.png (805KB, 780x718px) Image search: [Google]
1482288556872.png
805KB, 780x718px
>tfw don't let reviews dictate my opinion and form my own opinons
I like both games, S/M is better for being more ambitious imo
>>
>>31034528
why does sun have more than ORAS

And as usual they're all 1 or 10, nothing in between, maybe a 2 or 9 if you're lucky.
>>
>>31034528
SM is just an interactive movie. People actually want to play their games.
>>
>>31035867
As opposed to who, /vp/'s anon-sama?
>>
File: stupid showdowner.png (155KB, 642x363px) Image search: [Google]
stupid showdowner.png
155KB, 642x363px
>>31035910
>didn't play the game
haha you normie loser, betcha still play Pokemon GO
>>
SUN FAGS BTFO
>>
>Paying attention to the User Score

I mean, 90% of Metacritic User Scores for any game are 0s and 10s. It's bullshit.
>>
>>31034528
I'm the only one of my (mostly normie) Pokemon-playing friend group who rates SM highly. The guy I talk with the most rated it 6/10. He disliked it for mostly the same things as everyone else (too linear, too many cutscenes, hard to find the new Pokemon etc).
>>
>>31035857
>not everyone will happily eat everything gamefreak shits out and pretend it's excellent
then explain to me why no one criticizes sun and moon.
>>
>>31035957
Moon is the canon game
>>
>>31035975

If both games are being rated in the same manner, then the scores are comparable to each other. I fail to understand the problem you're having with the scores.
>>
>>31035857
>something i personally don't like
>"it's a flaw"
>>
>>31035857
>it's a flaw
I too am enraged that Game Freak has changed their formula marginally for the first time in 20 years.
>>
>>31035910
>interactive movie
SM's cinematics are nothing compared to other, more story-driven JRPGs out there.
>>
>>31036191
the user scores are nonsense and a poor indicator of what op is trying to argue (normies aren't the ones submitting user reviews). them being comparable doesn't matter because there's no reason to care which is better
>>
>>31036213
First, SM is significantly shorter than the typical JRPG so, % wise, I bet that SM has as many cutscenes as an average JRPG.

Second, it completely fails to involve the player character into the story. If one doesn't likes Lillie, then they'll feel like the story is completely pointless.

And finally, it has no cutscene skip button, unlike most (all?) modern RPGs.
>>
>>31035834
Actually it seem like it's the opposite at the moment with people spamming good reviews.

The middling to low tier user scores seem to be more thought out whereas the 10s tend to be ones like that Cory one.
>>
>>31036572
This.
One guy there doesn't even think it's a 10 but put it as 10 just to boost it.
>>
>>31035857
>Changing up the formula of the game for the first time in 20 years but still make it similar enough that the autists wouldn't complaint is a flaw
>>
>>31035834
True.
>"2. No GYM, so this is not pokemon "
>>
>>31036688
>didn't complete
>game is unfinished
?????????
>>
I. NEED. THOSE. BLISSEYS.
>>
Y'all finished or y'all done?
>>
>>31034528
One of the biggest complaints nips had was the removal of gyms, so expect to see them again.
>>
>>31036746
Werent SOS battles the biggest complain of the Nips?
>>
>>31036688
>"in face I love X/Y"
No wonder he hates S/M.
>>
I dont know why people complain about no gyms. Theyre still there in essence

Trials: you fight some wild battles like gym underlings
Totem pokemon: gym leader pokemon, but an actual challenge sometimes

BAdges: some Z Crystals and stamps act ad this now
>>
I wouldn't say they're wrong. Other than "it's new!" and difficulty it doesn't really do anything better than ORAS.

>>31036934
Gyms tended to have actual puzzles and level design, unlike the trials which the most involving one by far is probably Mallow's scavenger hunt. Though I doubt most complaining about no gyms have that in mind and are just mad about change.
>>
>>31037088
When have we gotten a good gym puzzle since Candice? They've mostly just been stepping on switches right next to the trainer we have to fight.
>>
>>31037088
>puzzles
Puzzle in this game suck
>>
>>31035910
>interactive movie
So, you have never played a VN in your life. And if you don't count VN's, Phoenix Wright series is the closest thing you will find to an interactive movie.

Pokemon SM is a game.

>fails to involve the player
>because the player may not like a character
This applies to every single game ever.

>no skip button
>the game is an interactive movie because it has no skip button during cutscenes
This makes no sense.
>>
>>31035857
>"It's different therefore it's bad" mentality
>Just state somehting but don't explain why you think that way
>Thinking this is a valid argument
>>
>>31037278
>This applies to every single game ever.
Except in previous Pokemon games as not liking your own character would be a special kind of dumb, and those games were all about you.

>This makes no sense.
Why don't you try doing another SM run? It'll make sense when you literally can't go from the beginning to the end of an area without triggering at least two cutscenes, with nothing to do in between.
>>
>>31037312
>other pokemon games
I literally stopped playing Diamond even though I bought the physical cartridge because I couldn't stand Barry, the epitome of an ADHD spoiled brat.

>playing another run
Why would you? Pokemon is not a game made to reset and start another run. If it was, they would allow more saves.
>>
Metacritic user reviews have gotten really low over the past couple years because people have become really militant fanboys and will spam 1's on games that they haven't even played.
>>
>>31037312
Also, you only see Lillie a couple times per island, in opposition of what you might think, Lillie is not MC of the game. I think I have seen Mohn more times than Lillie.
>>
>>31037524
>Lillie is not MC of the game. I think I have seen Mohn more times than Lillie.
Just so you know, this is her story of discovery and revelation not yours. She's the one that grows and learns.
As for Mohn, think of it this way you can literally play through the game without seeing him once.
>>
>>31036688

welp it's official. If you hste Sun and Moon you're a Kaloshitter.
>>
>>31034528

>fans suddenly defending gen 6 because MUH QUALITY OF LIFE MUH PEE PEE ESS
>>
>>31037491

>every rival has to be an edgelord like silver or blue
>>
>>31037491
>Barry is one of the better rivals you shitter
>>
>>31038027
>this is her story of discovery and revelation not yours
Wrong, the game is about your new life in Alola. And how you did a lot of shit, not only with Lillie, but with Hau, Gladion, Kukui, and almost everyone except for your Mom who was at home sorting boxes.
>>
>>31038273
>edgelord
Wally was one of my favorite "rivals". But to answer your question, yes, I would take an edgelord over an ADHD spoiled brat everytime.
>>
>>31039083

does she ever fucking unpack her shit
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.