[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't sun and moon have a fucking natdex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (32KB, 600x692px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 600x692px
Why doesn't sun and moon have a fucking natdex
>>
>>31030370
Yeah, doesn't it? All they had to do was copy and paste the old dex entries.

What the fuck? Was this them saying "oh fuck those normies like Pokemon again, better not make them catch 800 Pokemon"?
>>
>>31030370
wait til pokebank
still stupid it's not there from the start, but I guess it's to incite people who've never caught them all to try
lord know how fucking annoying it is to get some legos if you don't own every game
>>
>>31030370
Because it makes no difference in anyway shape or form? Why would you want to read old pokedex entries?
>>
>>31030370
why should it?
what's the fun in catching 'em all when you're not even catching 80% of them
>>
Because that would mean forcing people to get Bank to get the Shiny Charm.
>>
>>31030370
>Island Scan pokemon aren't even in the dex
>just have an empty space where dex # is
>>
>>31031649
Or they could just trade. You know, one of the entire fucking basis for this fucking franchise.
>>
>gen XVII
>wanting catch 1652 pokemon for getting Shiny Charm
>>
>>31033174
Mods!
>>
>>31033174
haha yeah fuck having to actually work for something!

let's just casualize every single aspect of this franchise.
>>
>>31033208
what the fuck is more casual than not even catching pokemon to complete your dex?
>>
>>31030370
Who the fuck cares.
XY and ORAS already let us catch em all.
>>
>>31033073
Please, the social facets of the franchise are hardly impacted by removing the national dex this deep in the era of the GTS that makes catching em all require little or no real social interaction whatsoever.
>>
>>31033323
the point of the series is collecting everything. shafting that aspect for more casualization is retarded regardless of whether or not it requires social interaction.
>>
>>31030370
It will be added in an update after the bank releases
>>
>>31033360
But there's still nothing stopping you from collecting everything, and acting like that's the sole thing that makes the franchise as popular as it is is ridiculous.
>>
>>31033399
>But there's still nothing stopping you from collecting everything

There's no way to keep track of it without the national dex.

>thing that makes the franchise as popular as it is is ridiculous.
It's one of the core parts of gameplay for the franchise.
>>
>>31033392
out of the loop, how do we know this?
>>
>>31033073
I mentioned bank because not all pokemon are available in SM
>>
>>31033464
We don't, it's just a meme.

National Dex will be added to Bank, but not the games themselves. So have fun looking at that blank space where a number SHOULD be for half of the Pokemon.
>>
File: shinebrightpupper small.png (187KB, 457x381px) Image search: [Google]
shinebrightpupper small.png
187KB, 457x381px
At first i was disappointed. Then I got my shiny charm and stopped caring.
>>
>>31033464
we don't
>>
>>31033208
Working for something =/= buying past games so you can complete the current one. No one would legitimately be able to get the Shiny Charm until Poke Bank is compatible with S/M, and even then, very very few people would be able to complete the National Pokedex because you'd have to buy at least two of the previous games, complete them and catch everything in them, transfer them up through a paid service, and probably also do some breeding and leveling unless you had a Living Dex transferred. That does require work, yes, but it also requires paying for shit that not everyone has, and it'd be fucking ridiculous to hide something behind a paywall and hundreds of hours of work.
>>
>>31033459
>There's no way to keep track of it without the national dex.
You know what? I'll give you that, and that alone makes me ultimately in favor of it. But something about SM's approach just felt so much more enjoyable to me, partially for unrelated design reasons, but also partially because it felt like a much more reasonable, attainable goal, and I think >>31031649 has a decent point.

>It's one of the core parts of gameplay for the franchise.
So is battling, breeding, and a whole bunch of other things, and de-emphasizing the national dex doesn't change much of it.

I'm just tired of these frequent complains of "casualization" of the series as if tedium and busywork is what it's all about, it's not a challenging task, it's just a long one, and it seems like GF is beginning to recognize it.
>>
except all non myths were available in nearly each generation if you just looked hard enough

>but muh "I gotta buy more gaymez!!"
stop. theres the fucking gts
>Too much time!!
Work for your shit, you fucking instant gratification grabbing lazy fucking neckbeards.
>>
why does everyone think that the shiny charm would HAVE to be connected to the national dex if it were present like the shiny charm could still just be the reward for completing the alola pokedex? completing the national dex could have a totally different reward
>>
>>31033835
>Work for your shit
The GTS isn't "work", it's waiting. If you don't catch your own shit, why bother at all?

>>31033845
I really think it should, shinies aren't even all that special anymore now that everyone and their mom's dog can inject.
>>
>>31033816
>but also partially because it felt like a much more reasonable, attainable goal

Having the shiny charm attached to the regional dex and having a national dex aren't mutually exclusive you faggot.

>and de-emphasizing the national dex doesn't change much of it.
Yes it does.

>waaah catching all the monsters in a monster catching franchise is just tedious busy work ;_;
>>
ANGERY
>>
>>31034129
>>waaah catching all the monsters in a monster catching franchise is just tedious busy work ;_;
It is when you aren't actually catching them.
>monster catching franchise
Do you really think everyone plays this shit for the national dex?
>>
>>31034169
>It is when you aren't actually catching them.
But you are actually catching them. Do you really GTS everything?

>Do you really think everyone plays this shit for the national dex?
If you don't want to then don't. But there's no reason to take it out for everyone else except for GF's laziness.
>>
>>31030370
there are pokemon in the regional dex only obtainable in the post game areas
the only thing missing is all the pokemon you could only get by transferring
since you can only get it through bank, you don't get any gameplay by making people complete it
it's pointless in this game
>>
>>31034199
>But you are actually catching them. Do you really GTS everything?
GTS and other forms of trading are a pretty big part of completing the dex without investment in getting previous games/hardware yourself and trading it all in manually, yeah.

>But there's no reason to take it out for everyone else except for GF's laziness.
I did say it should still exist, you know.

You can have the last word if you want, because it's really pointless to keep arguing when I ultimately agree with the fundamental point that it not being present in the game is retarded anyway. The complaining just triggers me sometimes.
>>
File: IMG_3496.jpg (63KB, 640x365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3496.jpg
63KB, 640x365px
Reminder that the people that are crying about the Natdex and the HMfags crying about PokeRide are exactly the same people
This is objective fact
>>
>>31034357
I want a National Dec and loved PokeRide,checkmate atheists
>>
>>31030370
too hard for the kiddies
>>
>>31034169
I do
>>
>>31033208
>work for something
>actually equals buying more games
oy vey
>>
>>31030426
Nat Dex is not there because they're not arsed to write 700+ RotomDex entries.

Also, fuck them for delaying PokéBank until January. I completed the game w/in three days and wanted to start breeding but then I can't access my Dittos and other mons for the next two months, so I went fuck it and inject the Dittos.

So crucify me. GF forced me to cheat.
>>
This pissed me off more than I thought it would.
It's not like they don't have the space to put it in the game because they absolutely do. Ran out of time to add it in or just want everybody to use the Pokebank companion app thing instead? Who knows but I hope Gen VIII doesn't follow suit.
>>
>>31031254
maybe they're planing to write new entries while they're making the pokebank compatible with the switch
>>
>>31030370
I'd be surprised if they didn't add one with the Pokebank update. Either way I really don't care though, I've already caught 'em all.
>>
>>31030370

Because GF are lazy and the game is made for casuals
>>
I hope we never have a National Dex again.

There, I said it. The game is better off without one, especially on the competitive front.
>>
What's the fastest way to get the shiny charm?
Just got this game the other day and beat it.
Want to start breeding.
>>
>>31037757
Yes anon, the game that is all about catching them all is better off without the funcionality that allows you to track exactly what pokémon you have. You fucking moron

>b-b-but the Shiny Charm
Not mutually exclusive. They could easily make the charm a reward for completing the Alolan dex, and still keep the National Dex

>>31037877
~Catch a Dhelmise, breed them and trade them for all the rare shit on GTS like Weather SOSs
>>
Not even mad. First game I actually bothered to get the shiny charm and started shiny hunting.
>>
>>31037922
That's why you use the national dex that's coming with the bank update you fucking simpleton, especially since it's going to be compatible with all the future games
>>
>>31031254
>>31031587
because I need some way to track what pokemon I have in Sun and which ones I don't in case I ever want to breed one you alolan shills
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.