/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Eclipse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: facebook-share-image-usa (2).jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
facebook-share-image-usa (2).jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
so now that we know that S/M are without a doubt the best main series games (the first games in a gen), what can we expect to see with Eclipse? Or, will we see Eclipse at all?

Will the already great story be expanded upon? Will Lillie be changed/come back? Will the golf section be included? What kind of post-game facikity will it have?

Discuss.
>>
HG/SS > Platinum > SuMo > the rest
>>
>>31021486
Go fuck yourself faggot. Fuck off with your shit taste and newgen faggotry. SM are barely XY tier, much less the best main games in the series. I can't wait for the honeymoon phase to be over with you fags, then you'll stop making fool of yourselves as you see how shit SM is.
>>
File: 1481575123099.png (255KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
1481575123099.png
255KB, 500x540px
>>31021505
>comparing the first games in a gen to remakes or third versions

if you want tobe fair, you'd compare S/M to G/S and D/P. which it is easily much better.
>>
>>31021486
no Anon, the next pokemon game will be called Pokemon Prism.
>>
>>31021556
honeymoon phase? what's that?

I wasn't like this at all when X/Y came out, or pretty much any othet gen for that manner.
>>
>>31021557
>if you want to be fair

No.
>>
>>31021557
BW > SM > GS > DP > RB > RS > XY
>>
I haven't played SM yet, and i might wait for a third version

But seems games usually have usually one sometimes two years between them, going back and forth
two between BW and BW2, one until XY, one until ORAS, two until SM
Because of that, i'm guessing we can see the next main-game announced within the next 6 months, and released within 2016
>>
>>31021604
what?

I'm saying that it's not fair to compare the first games in the series to a third version. what's wrong with that?
>>
>>31021486
If the next game in the series is related to SM, it's either going to be SM sequels, a 3rd version of SM or just a port of SM on the Switch

If they make sequels, they could probably expand on some already existing things in Alola (Alola forms, Ultra beasts, Necrozma, Ultra space, etc.) while also bringing back some other things (Lillie/Lusamine, gyms, etc.)

If it's just a 3rd version, there's probably going to be a second form of Necrozma (considering it has only 600 BST) and it's probably going to be involved in the main story somehow, I doubt there would be any more differences than that for just a 3rd version

SM port on the Switch is self explanatory
>>
>>31021617
8/10 taste, I would switch BW and SM, and switch DP and RS.

other than that nice desu
>>
Hope nobody minds me posting this in here

Do you think the next release will be on 3DS or on Switch?

Please vote here
http://www.strawpoll.me/11925218
>>
Why are there people expecting CN Stars to be a sequel? If you believe the Stars rumor you also need to believe every leaker calling it a third version.
>>
>>31021632
It's going to be an enhanced port of the Switch with features that should have been in the game to begin with (like Pokemon following you) and more post-game content.
>>
>>31021486
What? Sun and Moon are irredeemable shit. They are easily the worst pokemon games created. Fuck off underaged retard
>>
>>31021486
>so now that we know that S/M are without a doubt the best main series games (the first games in a gen),
No, not even close
>>
>>31021486
>so now that we know that S/M are without a doubt the best main series games (the first games in a gen)
So Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum aren't main series games?
>>
>>31022252
>>31022577
xd

>>31022638
should have worded it differently. I meant that they were the ebst out of all the first games in a gen.
>>
>>31021557
>the games are the best if I arbitrarily remove the better ones
>>
>>31022677
If you're just gonna meme to everyone that disagrees with you then what was the point of this thread?
>>
>>31022695
S/M are the first games in gen 7. It's ridiculous to try and compare them to third versions, which are literally just the original games with more content.
>>
SM was wasted potential. Mid game got rushed as hell. The wild pokemon selection was filled with genwun shit just like Johto. NO FUCKING POST GAME YET AGAIN

Still shitloads better than the shit feast that was XY and ORAS, and that's the only thing that I wanted to see
>>
>>31022762
none of the first games in a gen have any major post game stuff.
>>
File: 1482207629971.jpg (60KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1482207629971.jpg
60KB, 640x640px
>>31022252
you gotta be fuckin retarded buddy
>>
>>31022783
ORAS had 0 post game either despite HGSS having a lot of it. No, that fucking delta episode wasn't post game. Autism legendary hunting in non-unique locations is shit post game

Honestly, the main problem here isn't if the first games in a gen have no post game or not, the problem is that 3rd versions always sell like shit and maybe that's why they skipped Z. We might not get stars/eclipse either.
>>
Sun and Moon tried to do something with the story, characters and the region which is admirable but failed in all categories

The region is boring and empty. First western style town has one fucking building you can enter. Creepy Po town has incredible atmosphere but once again its empty as fuck . The caves are smallest ever, same with surfing areas.

Characters are nice but most of them are seen in random situations unlike BW were everything was very cohesive. Here only few characters do something beyond their post place (like Hapu does)

Story is all over the place aside from Lillie. Even rescuing Lusamnie feels like "why?" because at the end of the day who cares? She was a crazy bitch and vanished, farewell but no we have to different dimension (which is one corridor!) and wtch her fuse with Nihilego (what for? she didnt do anything in this form) and rescue Guzma's ass despite him not even trying to change. The Ultra beast doesnt even feel threatning as you can catch them at full health...

Mess

Kudos for getting rid of HMs, Pelago and some new mons
>>
>>31022747
Since we're moving away from third versions in general, saying "let's give it a pass because a better game may come later" seems silly.
>>
>>31022783
DP has the battle zone and GS has Kanto

And we shouldn't be at the point where we are explaining away the game's flaws.

The third versions used to feel like fixing issues or adding to a great game, but since XY it felt like them purposely not making the best game they could since they were leaving stuff for later

>>31022960
I agree with all of this. I don't get the praise the story gets at all. We have no motivation to do a big chunk of the story as at least half of it is looking for Lillie or following Lillie. The pacing was off and the different elements didn't mean together Ultra Space was one corridor which is embarrassing after the Distortion World
>>
>>31023382
>which is embarrassing after the Distortion World
I disagree. The Distorshit World was a total mess, and ended up being a glorified strength puzzle stretched out into a really ugly area. It had no place in the plot other than "hey look what we can do with 3D! Giratina's world is cool right?"

It's easily the worst part of Platinum, and I hate having to go through that nonsense whenever I play.

At least with Ultra Space they cut most of the bullshit. and Nihilego is infinitely cooler than Giratina
>>
>>31023563
>Nihilego is infinitely cooler than Giratina
I thought you were baiting with all of your post but after this final line im sure of it
>>
>>31023563
>nihilego cooler than giratina, the best legendary
>>
>>31023563
Demonstrating how messed up Giratina and his dimension is using direct gameplay is far superior to giving us one room and saying "its different we swear."

While Sinnoh had excessive overworld puzzles, I will always prefer puzzles to straight corridors

Ultra Space has good music though
>>
>>31021505
>Emerald > Platinum > the rest
ftfy
>>
>>31021854
It's way too early for a new gen, and there's no way it will not be compatible with 3DS, cause that makes it effectively a new gen
>>
>>31021619
Wut
>>
>>31021556
A contrarian in /vp/ how new.
>>
>>31025980
What are you "wut"ing at?
All i'm saying is that the next game will be released at the end of 2017
>>
>>31023382
People that liked Lillie liked the story and thought it was more or less good (by Pokemon standards) because of her development she goes through and because of how she's more or less the center of the story

A lot of people liked Lillie, so a lot of people thought the story was good

I liked Lillie too, but I agree that she got too much screentime, I would've loved more screentime on UBs in general, more on Team Skull and Guzma, and more on Gladion
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.