[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He used Expshare and complains about difficulty being easy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0400.png (109KB, 274x231px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0400.png
109KB, 274x231px
>He used Expshare and complains about difficulty being easy
>>
Gen 6 was too easy even with it off.
>>
File: 1297478919965.jpg (154KB, 446x551px) Image search: [Google]
1297478919965.jpg
154KB, 446x551px
>he plays a nuzlocke with switch mode
>>
File: IMG_0303.jpg (50KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0303.jpg
50KB, 396x382px
>>31021347
>>
>didn't use exp share

What I liked about this gen was that the difficulty gradually sneaks up on you. Yeah, you got your trainers with 1-2 Pokemon each for the first half... but by the 3rd island, the Kahuna battles and Totem battles really start slapping your shit in. And don't even get me started with Lusamine's buffed twinkle fag Pokemon. Then you got Guzma who uses a fucking Goliospod... and then there's Kukui and his full team and stealth rock faggotry.

All in all, pleasantly surprised at how difficult it got.
>>
>>31021380
this

The experience in this game makes it easy to level up Pokemon, but can provide some difficulty if you get underleveled
>>
>>31021380
SM is still overly easy with exp share on.
tried to do a run without it by the time I reached the league I was 10 levels under.
>>
>>31021347
I played with Exp. Share on and the game was a bit too hard. I was defeated a couple of times, never happened in pokemon game before.
>>
>>31021347
I dont know about everyone else, but I loved the difficulty being where it was.

I like to have a challenge in Pokemon, but I dont like how nuzlockes just turn into endless grinding sessions. Playing S/M with the exp share on, a limited team that I always changed for each new route/boss battle, using mons like Brionne instead of their better evos, and not grinding, all made for a game that was a legitimate challenge. I probably lost fights or blacked out about a dozen times. I really do hope that they put that same level of difficulty into the sinnoh remakes.
>>
I think it's best if you use the Exp Share sparingly and keeping an eye on NPC levels to keep your Pokemon in appropriate levels.
It's no fun to be so under-leveled you have to use a bunch of items and call it "strategy" and it's no fun to just stomp all over anything that appears to you because you're over-leveled.
>>
>>31021380
The game gets stupid easy if you use the magnezone+drizzlebird combo.
>>
>>31021371
At least it's better than dupes clause.
>>
>>31021640

?
>>
File: 1366980788670.jpg (120KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
1366980788670.jpg
120KB, 620x388px
>he plays a game aimed for whiny kids and complain about it being easy

back in my days, vidya was hard. the fun came from the sense of accomplishment at beating hard chalanges. now? now we got handholding for things only a toddler couldn't figure out on his own and anyone bigger could just read about it in the manual.
>>
>>31021347
I didn't, but I did use refresh because I wanted to pet my pokemon for doing a good job, which ended up making the game completely broken
>>
>>31021361
Now play without the 2 starters smart ass, the game is so front loaded on giving you free power and mons around are fairly shit aside from a few that the options for teams are so lack luster
>>
>>31021898
>The game is hard! just turn off the exp share, box the starters, dont catch the good pokemon, get the early route bird and rodent, dont use megas...

Yeah anon, of course a game is hard if you use shitmons. You shouldn't need to incapacitate yourself completely for the game to be challenging you dipshit, turning off the exp share should be enough to enter hard mode.
>>
>>31021347
>He doesn't use exp.share and complains that the games were too hard

Everytime
>>
File: 245.jpg (110KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
245.jpg
110KB, 500x375px
>>31021347
>he turns off exp share but still uses revives
>thinks he's not a casual
>>
I have a team of 12. Fuck off.
>>
>He plays on switch instead of set and complains that the game is easy
>>
>>31021371
>he plays switch mode in general
>>
>mfw blaze black 2 on challenge mode with a full steel type team with 0IVS and 85EV spread

God, beating the league with a 10 level disadvantage was fucking fun. Turn off that exp share all you want, hacking the games to make them more bullshit is the way to go.
>>
File: handouts.png (319KB, 1757x428px) Image search: [Google]
handouts.png
319KB, 1757x428px
>he complains about the difficulty
>when his team looks like this
>>
>He thinks Pokemon was ever remotely difficult
No way any mainline game is hard without gimping yourself.
>>
>>31022464
did you catch them all on your first playtrough?
>>
>>31021380
Sneaks up?

I went in trying to make this game hard on myself. I decided that once my Pokemon were a higher level than the trainers, I'd bench those pokemon and pick new ones up.

Except every fucking pokemon cries for help the second they get hit. And my "same level as" pokemon with no EVs yet and random ass IVs can't take two Pokemon on at once this early on.

Which I'm not complaining, it's made the game actually more difficult and I like that. I had to actually reload my save a few times after losing to the Hau in Cowboytown. I went in with level 15s and had no ground or fire types in my team at the time. That kid bitch slapped me.

Do totems, trainers, gym leaders, etc, get EVs assigned to them now? Other than end game battle tree/maison trainers of course.
>>
>>31021960
>turning off the exp share should be enough to enter hard mode.

No, that's enough to put it on "normal" mode and is still at the end of the day (since the game is for children) meant to give players some challenge while still being simple enough to plow through.
>>
>>31022279
>he plays on set.
>enjoys wasting EXP or splitting exp
>trainers not even bright enough to throw out a type your current mon is weak to anyways

When did they change that, anyways. I know it used to be a thing trainers did. As early as Red/Blue I'm sure. Gary would always throw out his starter after Pidgey/otto/eot if you had a mon with his starters weakness. I know in Gen 6 it was just predetermined which order the trainers mon would come out everytime.
>>
>>31022626
I did the same thinf, and I loved the difficulty level. It was perfect, still easy enough that it can be played casually but not so easy that you don't have to try.

And yes, most non-normal trainers have competitive EV spreads and 6 perfect IVs.
>>
>>31021347
>he didn't use exp, share and complains about difficulty being hard
>>
>>31021640
>>31021661
He's talking about Pelipper's new drizzle ability

Drizzle starts, Pelipper uses UTurn, Magnezone (or any other good electric type) spams never missing Thunder.
>>
I guess it was because I was using a catcher in my battle lineup and a lack of fairy moves, but the first time I finished the E4 Kukui left my ass with only two boys left. Fucking rad.

Then I actually took the time to learn about Natures, IVs, EV training and breeding correctly and now I'm +40 hours over completion time with a backlog of games I wanted to finish over Christmas break staring me in the face.
>>
>>31021651
Fuck you, if i play nuzlocke it's to find unexpected bros and mons I never used, not to play with a team of 6 rattata.
>>
best way to measure difficulty is to play normally without shooting yourself in the foot.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.