[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Out of Pokémon Y, Omega Ruby, and Sun, which would you guys want to play FIRST, before the others? Or just play each for a bit at a time?
>>
>>31018275
Just play Sun. VI gen sucks so bad.
>>
>>31018275
Play sun and throw the others in the trash
>>
98 hours in X

46 hours in AS

144 hours in Moon

Sun/Moon are still shit but it's better by far.
>>
>>31018275
Sun then Ruby and then throw away Y because it's shit in comparison.
>>
Play Y and OR first so Sun doesn't completely ruin them for you
>>
>>31018275
Throw them all in the trash and get Moon.
>>
>>31018275
You picked the exact opposite games that I did
>>
>>31018652
This

It's way easier to play forward than backward
>>
Ruby of course, then Black, Y and Sun. I suppose you'll hate Pokémon forever by the time you finish if you marathon them though.
>>
chronologically because it'll be annoying to lose features if you start with sun.
>>
>>31018275
Sun.
then sell X and OR and buy something actually decent
>>
>>31018275
Great taste in games, OP. Also, play them in order.
>>
Play sun, skip gen 6
Throw OR into trash
>>
File: REDDITITWASYOUALLALONG.jpg (90KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
REDDITITWASYOUALLALONG.jpg
90KB, 500x492px
>>31019682
>people still think sun/moon is better than x/y and oras
>people dont know that sun/moon is literally the same game, but even easier
>people will argue that sun/moon saved the series, while it actually killed it

You have to be at least 18 to post on this board.
>>
Get rid of Y and OR and just play Sun.
>>
>>31018275
Eh, I'd start with ORAS. It's certainly more feature heavy than the other two.
Then Sun and have Y as an optional.
>>
>>31018275
Y, then OR, then throw Sun away because who the fuck makes a Pokemon game without gyms and expects the fanbase to accept it?
>>
>>31019781
It's gen 2 all over again.
>>
>>31018456
Casual, not maxing your clock in oras
>>
>>31019781
for me it pretty much comes down to whether I like mega evolution or alolan forms more. Sun/ Moon was the better game, but I liked the idea of getting a kanto starter and mega evolving it.

Also, I don't think I lost a single battle playing Y. I lost once on Sun, and came close to losing a few times.
>>
>>31019839
wow, fuck them for trying something different, right?
>>
>>31019839
>who the fuck makes a Pokemon game without all of the good shit that was introduced in the two previous gens and expects the fanbase to accept it?
Ftfy
>>
>>31018275
Well, after playing Moon, I played through ORAS again, and it's undoubtedly the better video game. More exploration, less hand holding, and the first three hours of the game wasn't "walk a few paces and read text" People here aren't going to want to admit it because that means acknowledging that they got bought into Game Freak's hype tactics AGAIN, but Sun/Moon are mediocre games at best. Thank fuck WayForward released the new Shantae this year so at least there was one highlight.
>>
>>31019871
If you hadn't noticed GF sucks at different.
>>
>>31019871
Better to stick with what works than to try something new and fail miserably.

Also, fuck Lillie stealing the spotlight.
>>
>>31019839
>I'm an autist who can't deal with change
>>
>>31018275
playing any way BUT release order just makes you a tremendous faggot
>>
>>31019887
This. If you're looking for a video game then it's ORAS all the way. If you're looking for a "muh characters, muh story, muh waifu" then go with S/M.
>>
File: 1474292963666.png (41KB, 194x200px) Image search: [Google]
1474292963666.png
41KB, 194x200px
>>31019887
I have yet to finish Moon. Its just so freaking boring. I cant skip through another wall of terrible wirting, just to get told where to go. I just want to explore the world and play the game the way i want.
But that´s not possible with Moon. Every path is blocked until you´ve finished the story missions and dont get me started on the trials. The idea is good, but the execution is terrible. It literally wastes time with dull puzzles to lengthen the raw play time.
This game holds your hand so much, you cant even lose. There is no chance to run out of anything. Oh, you dont have to right type to fight the trial? What a coincidence that you are able to find exactly the type of pokemon that destroys this trial infront of it.

Im so mad, that people actually think sun/moon are remotely good or even better than the games before. Besides the obvious graphic updates, the game brings nothing new to the table that excuses the poor gameplay and the lack of any end game content.
>>
>>31018275
I wouldn't know, haven't played any of those 3.
>>
>>31019899
i dunno, I was pissed when I found out about mega evolution, but now that i've gotten used to it and used it, I actually really like it.
I wouldn't call Gen VI and VII failures anyway, Gen V perhaps, but they've learned from that.
>>
>>31018275
Sun by far.
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 720x720px
play sun, the rest are mediocre compared to it. Don't listen to these blowhards.

But if you want to play them, do it in order so sun doesn't ruin them for you.
>>
>>31019899
This, the player isn't even the main character in these fucking mediocre-ass games He's just Lillies glorified bodyguard. The only great thing about Sun & Moon was the music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIjsuw0uIqA
>>
File: fvdcsjxnk.gif (67KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
fvdcsjxnk.gif
67KB, 446x400px
>>31019972
>Sunfag still unable to admit he got fucked by Game Freak again
Sun/Moon are subpar at best and you bought into the hype. Get over it.
>>
>>31019887
Sun an moon was targeted as children.
S/M have made so much fucking money and will continue to make a shit ton of money off all the parents that bought the game for their kids.
New game = new start for everyone. There are tons of kids out there that literally own one pokemon game and don't even finish it. Sun and moon was an attempt to get a large group of people playing, and then hooked on their games and wanting to actually buy more.
ORAS was a game that was most appreciated by the older players that played the original, and they knew that from the start. Hence less hand holding
>>
>>31019946
>Gen IV perhaps
Fixed
>>
File: 1474718315927.png (94KB, 1302x1301px) Image search: [Google]
1474718315927.png
94KB, 1302x1301px
>>31019972
I hope this is bait. At this points it not even a question of taste anymore.
>>
>>31020043
fuck off, Platinum was good and HGSS were solid remakes. I'd still play lacklustre D/P over B/W any day.
>>
>>31019906
Say one thing trials do better over gyms.
>>
>>31020091
They give neckbeards the feeling of solving a really hard and witty puzzle.
>>
>>31019781
Stop pulling this shit out of your ass.
>>
>>31019781
>people still think sun/moon is better than x/y and oras
well I mean it is so

>people dont know that sun/moon is literally the same game, but even easier
top tier bait

well i mean it sold a lot more than X/Y so yeah

>random reddit reaction image
you're trying to hard to fit in, it's showing.
>>
File: 1321984846821.jpg (25KB, 422x347px) Image search: [Google]
1321984846821.jpg
25KB, 422x347px
>>31020314
>only arguement is about the amount of sold copies
>he actually thinks it says anything about the quality of a product
>he doesnt know about NMS

Wow, are you even trying?
>>
>>31019923
well I mean some people like to have a good story and good characters... but XDXDXD fuck them right??

>so freaking boring
xd

>I cant skip through another wall of terrible wirting, just to get told where to go.
so instead of having an interesting character deliver dialogue through interesting camera angles and animation, you would have a character stand still in do nothing by delivering dialogue? ok, that seems normal.

>But that´s not possible with Moon. Every path is blocked until you´ve finished the story missions
literally every game except for gen 1 is like this

>It literally wastes time with dull puzzles to lengthen the raw play time.
there are barely any fucking puzzles at all, did you actually play through the game?

>Most of the trials revolve around just fighting a bunch of different strong wild pokemon, and then fighting the totem.

>This game holds your hand so much, you cant even lose. There is no chance to run out of anything.
top tier bait. I played with the exp share off and didn't grind, and I blacked out probably half a dozen times.

>Oh, you dont have to right type to fight the trial? What a coincidence that you are able to find exactly the type of pokemon that destroys this trial infront of it.
holy fuck THIS IS LITERALLY IN EVERY SINGLE POKEMON GAME ARE YOU RETARDED

>Im so mad, that people actually think sun/moon are remotely good or even better than the games before.
well, they're definitely better than every game besides BW2, HGSS, Emerald, and Platinum. And imo s/m are better than those.

>Besides the obvious graphic updates, the game brings nothing new to the table
SOS battles
Trial system
Z-moves
an interesting story with developed characters and excellent writing
a well-written and amazing evil team
alolan formes
the poke-finder

>and the lack of any end game content.
what? it's the first games in the gen. GF always puts post-game on the third version. did R/S or D/P have more post-game than S/M?
>>
>>31020085
Not him but 4 as a whole were horribly flawed in both the speed and design department. That's why they went full damage control in five in regards to the region layout, pokemon designs and finally fixed the speed overall.

Not to mention eviolite and megas were made because of the dislike for the evos in 4.
>>
>>31020461
>you would have a character stand still in do nothing by delivering dialogue?
Or, you know, give the player some control and let them find out instead of having things told to them?
>>
>>31020358
well yes, when someone says "this game KILLED the series", Im going to point out the fact that it sold more copies than the others.
>>
>>31020461
>SOS battles
Just double battles with a high annoyance rate.
>Trial system
Which offers nothing new other than a shiny new name.
>Z-moves
Aside from boosting moves like evoboost and even z-splash they're all around useless.
>an interesting story with developed characters and excellent writing
>a well-written and amazing evil team
You do realise that is entirely your opinion right? It also doesn't change the fact that they were the most intrusive they've ever been in a game. Even BW gave you a degree of freedom without another cutscene shoved in your face.
>alolan formes
Of which there are about 20, Kanto only ones.
>the poke-finder
That's literally just a gimmick. The mon dint even attack you like they do in the demo.
>>
>>31020560
Just so you know when people say something killed a series it can translate into one of two things.

It took the series down a path that alienates both new and old players literally stopping the franchise dead in its tracks.
Or it is praised for just about nothing telling the developers that they don't ever need to make a quality product ever again in order to remain in the spotlight and as a result the series essentially repeats the same thing over and over with what basically amounts to a name change each game.
This anon seems to be talking of the latter situation.
>>
>>31020461
There is so much wrong with this, that i dont even know where to start.

First off, you are missing the point of my post.

>so instead of having an interesting character deliver dialogue through interesting camera angles and animation, you would have a character stand still in do nothing by delivering dialogue? ok, that seems normal.

Not what i´ve said also see >>31020521

>literally every game except for gen 1 is like this

Sun/Moon is the first game, that completely blocks certain paths and even parts of the city to this extend.
The older games have scrippted scenarios every now and then, but usually it is just so you dont get lost. In sun/moon you are forced to follow exactly the way they want you to go.

>top tier bait. I played with the exp share off and didn't grind, and I blacked out probably half a dozen times.

Then you are shit at the game, right? I dont use exp share and i never had a single battle that was hard.

>there are barely any fucking puzzles at all, did you actually play through the game?

Every fucking trial is a fucking puzzle. Are you kidding me?

>LITERALLY IN EVERY SINGLE POKEMON GAME

That doesnt change the fact that it is even more present in sun/moon

Also see >>31020596 for the rest of stupid shit you´ve posted to justify your inability to see how bad sun/moon are.

>Not having a post game is ok, because there never was a good post game in some of the games
>i actually believe my arguments hold any water

Dude, stop.

>>31020560

But that makes no sense. The next games will be like sun/moon, even though they are mediocre at best. And this is the death for the series. At least for me and my friends.
>>
>>31018275
Omega Ruby easily.

Hoenn is a fun region and there are many things unique to it that I like.
>>
>>31020521
im talking about dialogue in general. usually, in pokemon games, characters deliver dialogue by standing in one place and giving you a wall of text. In S/M, the game uses different camera angles, a LOT more animations in the characters, and more facial expressions. Even if it takes longer, I can't see how this is a bad thing.

>Just double battles with a high annoyance rate.
I mean it's not, and a lot different than that, but okay

>Which offers nothing new other than a shiny new name
you have to fight a totem Pokemon with competitive EVs, IVs, and movesets, supported by ally pokemon that specialize in supporting the totem. I dont see how this isn't a change.

>Aside from boosting moves like evoboost and even z-splash they're all around useless.
they're not really, giving a 200 BP move to every pokemon is pretty significant. and besides, even if you don't like it, it's still something new.

>You do realise that is entirely your opinion right? It also doesn't change the fact that they were the most intrusive they've ever been in a game. Even BW gave you a degree of freedom without another cutscene shoved in your face.
yes, but Im pretty sure that most people like to have a good story and interesting and developed characters. I dont see why someone wouldnt.

>Of which there are about 20, Kanto only ones.
ok? but it's still something new nonetheless.

>That's literally just a gimmick. The mon dint even attack you like they do in the demo.
even if it's a gimmick, it's still something new.

>>31020658
but it was obvious that GF put a lot of effort into S/M, there hasnt ever been a pair of main series games that have had writing, story planning, and gameplay as good as S/M.

>>31020664
>First off, you are missing the point of my post.
ok. what was the point of your post then?

>Sun/Moon is the first game, that completely blocks certain paths and even parts of the city to this extend.
I mean this is literally not true at all but okay
>>
>>31020949
(cont.)

>Then you are shit at the game, right? I dont use exp share and i never had a single battle that was hard.
I've gotten top 500 in gen 6 OU and Ubers, Im pretty sure im not that shit. Im sorry I didnt constantly have a 6 mon team made up of pseudos and overleveled mons.

you're telling me that you didn't have any problems with totem lurantis, mimikyu, or wishiwashi? and you didnt grind at all?

>Every fucking trial is a fucking puzzle. Are you kidding me?
I mean that's wrong but okay. I dont see how literally surfing over to a spot in a lake is a puzzle.

>i actually believe my arguments hold any water
yes, I do. if I'm wrong, tell me which games that were the first games in a gen that had more postgame than S/M.
>>
>>31019923
it's almost as if story and characters are regular elements that games these days have.
>>
>>31018456
>spent 144 hours on a "shit" game
But why
>>
>>31021017
It's the best thing we've got at the moment
>>
>>31020949
>>31020961
>I mean this is literally not true at all but okay

Entlighten me then. Pokemon has always been a liniear game, but it never was as extreme as sun/moon. But i already made my point and you didnt.

>I've gotten top 500 in gen 6 OU and Ubers, Im pretty sure im not that shit. Im sorry I didnt constantly have a 6 mon team made up of pseudos and overleveled mons.

Hahaha.

>you're telling me that you didn't have any problems with totem lurantis, mimikyu, or wishiwashi? and you didnt grind at all?

Yes, that´s what im telling you. It was hard, but i had no problems. And just boosting a few pokemon, doesnt mean the games difficultiy is higher than average.

>I mean that's wrong but okay. I dont see how literally surfing over to a spot in a lake is a puzzle.

You dont know what puzzle means, do you? Call it whatever you want, the trial quests are an insult to everyone above the age of 10.

You are completely in denial and im happy for you, that you can enjoy these games. That doesnt mean, that they are good games of the series.
Just stop your damage controll and move on. You are literally bringing nothing to the table but "Well, you are wrong".
>>
>>31020949
>there hasnt ever been a pair of main series games that have had writing, story planning, and gameplay as good as S/M.
Black and White say hi. They also had a fair bit of content and new features too unlike SM.
>>
File: gen2.png (62KB, 669x707px) Image search: [Google]
gen2.png
62KB, 669x707px
>>31019781
>why do people like the newer games? every game just keeps getting easier!
I know what you mean, bro.
Gen2 was the golden age.
>>
>>31020501
Yes, just like how they went full damage control in Gen 6 because of Gen 5, right? :^)
>>
>>31021316
Except a lot of things from 5 made it to 6.
>>
>>31021333
Such as? And QoL changes don't count, because they almost always make it to the next generation.
>>
>>31018275
Release order
>>
>>31021168
>Entlighten me then. Pokemon has always been a liniear game, but it never was as extreme as sun/moon. But i already made my point and you didnt.
every part in gen 1,2,3,4,5,6 where an NPC didnt let you advance onto a new route because you have to do a story thing/beat a gym leader. What do you want me to do, take a screenshot of every time it happens?

>Hahaha.
woah XD you just PWNED me!!!! XD rekt

>Yes, that´s what im telling you. It was hard, but i had no problems.

what was your team?

>And just boosting a few pokemon, doesnt mean the games difficultiy is higher than average.
yes, you're right. a combination of boosting stats, EV and IV spreads, a good movepool, and a high level does, though.

>You dont know what puzzle means, do you?
noun
a game, toy, or problem designed to test ingenuity or knowledge.

explain to me how literally surfing across a lake is testing your ingenuity or knowledge, please!

>Call it whatever you want, the trial quests are an insult to everyone above the age of 10.
ok? so are gyms.

>You are completely in denial and im happy for you, that you can enjoy these games. That doesnt mean, that they are good games of the series.
Im saying my opinion from the standpoint of someone who has worked on developing games similar to Pokemon before, and have had expierience in testing/reviewing.

Of course, that doesn't mean that my opinion is superior, but I think that the fact that reviews are so positive and detailed proves me point.

>Just stop your damage controll and move on. You are literally bringing nothing to the table but "Well, you are wrong".
I literally made like 3 posts responding to every single one of your points lmao
>>
>>31021364
>And QoL changes don't count, because they almost always make it to the next generation.
Tell that to SM.
>>
File: 1461417458789.jpg (70KB, 470x740px) Image search: [Google]
1461417458789.jpg
70KB, 470x740px
>>31021408

Hahahaha. Holy fuck, you are so full of shit and way too up your own ass. Have a great day.
>>
>>31021507
>writes a long and detailed post breaming down every point

>"haha ur retarded and wrong XD"
you're supposed to lurk at least 3 months before posting, newfag
>>
>>31021459
QoL changes always seem to get the short end of the stick. Half of them pass to the next generation and half of them are cut out.
I still miss walking pokémon and seasons.

>>31021507
>Tfw you run out of arguments so you result to meaningless insults
>>
>>31021507
Woah... can't argue with that.
>>
>>31021631
>I still miss walking pokémon and seasons.
Do you even know what QoL changes are?
Seasons and walking pokémon are gimmicks that do next to nothing for the player or game.
QoL changes are legitimate improvements to the game like the PSS, o-powers, the dex nav and so on. The only game where things like these didn't make it over is SM. The one game to literally take one step forward and two back.
>>
>>31019781
>"anyone who disagrees with me is underage and from reddit!"
>>
>>31018652
I can second this

Gen VII really stepped up the game
>>
>>31018275
Sun/Moon because Gen 6 is the awful test bed generation for future 3D pokemon games. I said it three years ago and it only became more apparent when it turns out they were already making ORAS when XY had just been completed but ORAS still had a smaller amount of people put on it so it ended up looking like hot garbage but having slightly better features.

Then GameFreak decided to break all their traditions except for their tradition of keeping worthwhile features and made the polished turd that is Sun & Moon.
>>
>>31021305
muh 16 gyms
>>
>>31023254
>except for their tradition of keeping worthwhile features
Except for their tradition of dropping worthwhile features I mean but still, the point is GameFreak willfully keep fucking themselves out of making an actually decent game for the sake of bullshit.
>>
>>31018275
Literally the exact opposite games that I picked, nice.

Anyway, play them in order. Y -> OR -> Sun. I don't see any reason why you should change the order.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.