[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here hasn't turned the game on yet since they caught

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1412186086036.jpg (62KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1412186086036.jpg
62KB, 900x900px
Who else here hasn't turned the game on yet since they caught the Ultra Beasts?

There just isn't anything left.. I can't convince myself to play it again for any reason.
>>
File: 1477329964975.png (72KB, 179x200px) Image search: [Google]
1477329964975.png
72KB, 179x200px
I didn't even bother catching them, I haven't played again since I beat the E4.
>>
>>31017582
You know, kid, back when I got my first console, "beating the game" was considered an achievement, not something to bitch about.
>>
I had to force myself to play after the 2 hour tutorial fucked any interest I had in the game
>>
>>31017603

Well beating Pokemon stopped being an achievement for me at the third gen. I'm 23 years old now, so I don't know how hard I was at the time, but gen 1 and 2 genuinely gave me a hard time.

I just want to play more Pokemon but I have to wait 1-2 years to be able to again. I almost wish I didn't discover Pokemon Showdown, it completely killed any desire I had to breed battle ready pokemon, EV train them, and get good battle items. Its all arbitrary.

That being said, I fucking hated doing all of that anyways, it was always annoying, intrusive busywork.
>>
Try getting into competitive.
>>
>>31017632
>gen 1 and 2 genuinely gave me a hard time
What's it like being retarded?
>>
>>31017632
this!

>You wanna battle your friends in any kind of "fair" way?
Enjoy grinding 6 different variables one by one for 6 Pokemon.
>>
I finished the Alola Dex then awkwardly hatch random eggs and trade Beast Ball mons in the GTS.
I'm tempted to inject some perfect IV mons of my choice because fuck breeding/resetting to get into competitive/Battle Tree.
>>
>>31017648

>You're retarded if beating Pokemon Blue was difficult for you when you were 6 years old

>>31017650

I never EV trained in my life until they made Super Training. I thought Hyper training would make it so I didn't have to give a fuck about IVs but levelling a pokemon to 100 is actually more intrusive and annoying with no decent source of EXP in the game.

>>31017660

I wanted to get into the battle tree, but there's no rewards I care about. I can just get everything instantly by playing on Showdown which is easier and more fun anyways. Since there are no rewards I care about, and Battle Tree isn't actually fun in and of itself, I only tried it twice and I never want to play it again.
>>
>>31017632
Games end. That's just the way of it. Nothing lasts forever, and getting upset that it doesn't yields nothing.

Take a break for a bit. Or replay a previous gen. Or, hell, read some books. Explore some other interests.

Pokémon should not be your sole hobby. A one-to-two year lull between releases is honestly good for you--it allows you to unwind and make room for other things in your life, and that allows you to build up hype again for the next release.
>>
>>31017683

You know what, you're right buddy. Thanks.
>>
Play online
>>
>>31017603
You know kid, back during 3rd gen, there was actually shit to do after beating a pokemon game instead of a shitty short legendary hunt and a battle tower copy paste.
>>
>>31017674
>I wanted to get into the battle tree, but there's no rewards I care about.
What's funny is the rewards are the things you NEED to even win. It's bullshit.
I'd be fine with cosmetics or some rare balls or something. Gamefreak is uncreative.
>>
File: cmptr_turt.png (373KB, 680x783px) Image search: [Google]
cmptr_turt.png
373KB, 680x783px
>>31017632
>tfw spent all weekend chilling with bros, battling shitty half-IV teams against each other, swapping mons for the Pokédex, helping each other with Battle Tree and giving everyone shit

Feels so fucking good to genuinely enjoy Pokémon games
>>
>>31017735
during second gen there was an entire fucking region to do after beating the game
>>
>>31017660
Breeding this gen is VERY easy.
>>
>>31017796
>Being this bad at games.
>>
>>31017674
Stupid question time
Why does leveling to 100 matter if pokes are scaled to 50 anyway?
>>
>>31017854
to hyper train to 31 IV's you need to be at level 100
>>
>>31017582
This almost happened to me, but I missed Alola enough that I decided to complete the Pokédex. Even after that, I sometimes open the game and walk around sometimes because the Alola atmosphere is so good.
>>
File: 1464573257739.gif (784KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1464573257739.gif
784KB, 400x400px
I beat the game with a team of Pokemon I liked, but since they were shit, I was under-leveled and reset the game before the UB stuff. Still haven't played it since the 2nd week.
>>
>>31017582
>I can't convince myself to play it again for any reason.
Maybe it's all the shitty cutscenes.
>>
>currently working through completing the dex
>so I can get the shiny charm
>and get back into breeding
And I'd be having fun if it wasn't for that DAMNABLE CASTFORM
>>
>>31017956

I think I have a few spare castforms. If not, I can breed one real quick.
>>
>>31017982
thanks, but I've got it. I just wish I hadn't spent 4 days chaining those fearow when I ended up just trading for one on the GTS.
>>
>>31017582
>battle tree
>evee Z
>defeat guzma postgame
>complete the dex
>zygarde cells
Also the game is long enough to be a game and a postgame
>>
I'm in the same situation as OP and I'm considering trying online

How much autism should I expect? Will I get put against full perfect smogonfag teams often enough to justify breeding my own team?
>>
>>31017815
Anon, that's not postgame

That's the second half of the game
>>
>>31017827
No one said it was difficult. It's tedious. The most tedious shit ever contrived.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.