[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Johto fuck ups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: Gen-2.jpg (180KB, 920x496px) Image search: [Google]
Gen-2.jpg
180KB, 920x496px
why does gen2 introduce so many garbage tier pokemon?
even the legendaries suck ass.
>>
>>31005798
>introduce tons of unown
>ask you to catch them
>no reward
the remakes could have introduced some kind of event if you manage to catch them and open up a portal to arceus or some shit.
>>
>>31005798
>no bellosom in alola
İT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE GEN ONEEEE!
>>
>>31005798
Almost all of these were supposed to be in gen 1.

Johto didn't introduce anything, it just revealed MORE Pokémon, not necessarily NEW pokemon.

Gen 3 is when they really went all out with new Pokémon and in turn it killed pokemania
>>
>>31005798
Johto Designs are great and fuck you if you say otherwise. GameFreak should just rebalance them. Change stat entirely not this add shit to em
>>
>>31005798
Best gen besides 7.

Unova is full of ugly mons.
>>
>>31005798
God tier designs
Cyndaquil line
Ledian
Crobat
Pichu
Ampharos
Marill line
Jumpluff
Aipom
Espeon
Umbreon
Murkrow
Gligar
Steelix
Scizor
Heracross
Sneasel
Mantine
Skarmory
Houndoor line
Kingdra
Phanpy line
Hitmontop
Elekid
Magby
Entei
Suicune
Tyranitar
Lugia
Ho-oh

I dont see a lot of bad designs. Overall gen 2 had great designs.
>>
Disagree about the legendaries, but Johto really has a ton of shit Pokémon. Qwilfish, Dunsparce, Stantler, the list goes on
>>
>Bayleef
>Cyndaquil
>Totodile and Feraligatr
>Ledian
>Natu line
>Mareep line
>Sudowoodo
>Wooper line
>Murkrow
>Slowking
>Midreavus
>Wobbuffet
>Girafarig
>Gligar
>Heracross
>Sneasel
>Slugma line
>Skarmory
>Houndour line
>Phanpy line
>Tyranitar line
>The legends

I always thought this was a bland batch, though looking back, I like a lot of these design-wise.
>>
>>31005798
fuck off you smogon fag.
gen2 mons are viable as fuck :
scizor/tyranitar/Donphan/suicune/Azumarill/espeon/blissey/umbreon/crobat/Ampharos/skymory/forretress
and more
>>
why were gen 2 mons so fucking rare i didn't even know half the johto pokedex existed until emerald
>>
Gen2 OU is half gen1 mons and half gen 2 mons.
OP is a retard.
>>
>>31006155
Because they were "newly discovered" Pokemon in Gen 2. It made sense not having them be common everywhere and it wasn't until Gen 3 when new Pokemon started appearing all over the region.
>>
>>31006107
Please, no smogon fag would ever claim Gen 2 to have only shitmons. A true smogon fag knows that all Gens introduce at least one good Pokemon, and to call any single gen "entirely shitmon filled" is completely false.
>>
>>31006155
Because you have to appreciate that as a sequel the main draw wasn't simply "new mon" it was using the classics and being rewarded with new mon.

Gen II has so much shit going against it because of it. It why a lot of the Kanto mon focus in teams, locations and such
>>
>>31005913
In the originals you could use the GB Printer to make stickers with them but it was rare to begin with I think.
>>31005798
A lot of them need different type combinations. The starters especially are all overshadowed or useless. Gen 4 fixed some of the shitmons but stuff like Dunsparce, Girafarig, Magcargo, Stantler are so fucking bad.
>>
>>31006048
>Unova is full of ugly mons.

Well memed.
>>
>>31006629
Mad baby.
>>
>>31005798
the legendaries are great what are you on about
>>
All these are good and I have a hard time seeing why you wouldn't like their design:
Noctowl
Ariados
Ampharos
Bellossom
Azumarill
Murkrow
Gligar
Steelix
Scizor
Mantine
Skarmory
Donphan
Porygon 2
Tyranitar

A lot more are my personal favs but I can get someone thinking Typhlosion looks a bit too "bland" or some of the criticisms I've seen of Gen II.

At the end of the day I have more nostalgia for Pokemon GS than I do Gen I, and I'll acknowledge a lot of that is because it does a great job of keeping the core of Gen I Pokemon as they are, while the Johto are more of a fun "new" expansion pack.. but fuck you. All these guys are solid.

Even the fucking Unown, man. If you bought Pokemon cards they were probably the coolest common/uncommon pack-filler fodder you'd ever gotten up to that point.
>>
>skarmory, heracross, kingdra, blissey (until eviolite,) pory2 (with eviolite,) azumarill, ttar, suicune, mantine (finally), slowking, scizor, quagsire
Gen2 has a lot of good pokemon actually, or at least pokemon who eventually became good.

I think its shitmoms are the shittiest of any gen's shitmons, though
>>
>>31005798
Gen 2 has some of the best designs though. Too bad it took many gens for most of them to get good.

I'm just glad my nigga Qwilfish got a buff
>>
>even the legendaries suck ass.

Thats only like Entei?
>>
>>31006886
Entei is rage inducingly good in UU actually.
50% chance of burning with a 100 BP move is no joke.
>>
>>31005798
the only bad designs are Qwilfish and Typhlosion in this entire image
>>
>>31005798
so many of these just look unfinished and it's apparent by the fact that they added new evos for a lot of them in later games. Quilfish and dunsparce still need evos. Also so many of these are shitmons I'm amazed
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.