[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (17KB, 535x247px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
17KB, 535x247px
What's the point?
>>
>>31003583
Mixed set pokemon and RP purposes
>>
>>31003583
Whoever came up with natures was too autistic to just leave empty spaces in the grid.
And I am too, so there's nothing wrong with them.
>>
>>31003583

So that you're most likely to get a nature that doesn't negatively impact a Pokemon's best stat.
>>
File: 1308950320415.png (103KB, 535x300px) Image search: [Google]
1308950320415.png
103KB, 535x300px
>>31003611
This
>>
What's the point of the -def and -spd natures? What's the point of not having selectable/changeable natures anyways?
>>
>>31003639
can you change your own personality?
>>
>>31003639
Mixed attackers often run -def or -spdef natures. Naive Pheromosa, for example.
>>
>>31003655
can I shoot dragon breath out my mouth?
>>
>>31003607
Mixed sets would still try to maximize offensive potential, either increasing speed or an attacking stat
>>
>>31003639
-spd natures are useful if you're making a trick room team
>>
>>31003639
>-spd

trick room or being aegislash
>>
>>31003655
Yes, you can, actually.
>>
>>31003639
Because Gamefreak is incompetent. They finally let us alter IVs, but still have to lock it behind some arbitrary, time-wasting requirement.
Fucking YOKAI WATCH lets you alter natures on the fly, has a logical and has non-retarded method of EV training.
>>
>>31003685
>>31003682
SPD is Special Defense, SPE is Speed.
>>31003669
He's talking about Lax and Gentle, which are completely useless.
>>
File: 1362283633934.png (11KB, 157x151px) Image search: [Google]
1362283633934.png
11KB, 157x151px
>>31003703
I mean, it's pretty obvious they don't care about making IV/EV training and breeding anything other than massive timewasters. Competitive battling on the cartridge is already a joke since there are about a dozen legendaries in SM that don't count as "legendaries" for the ban. Not to mention most players just want to battle with a well-rounded team of their favorite pokemon which just leads to them getting obliterated by M-Salamence or some other similarly broken shit.

Between the esoteric RPG mechanics, massive timesink and insane burden of knowledge, competitive pokemon has got to be the most impenetrable endgame in existence.
>>
>>31003712
I guess they need to cover their bases. I know HP works differently as a stat but it'd be interesting how impactful they'd be if they made HP nature's but that's like another 12(?) natures to slog through
>>
File: IMG_1188.png (98KB, 197x247px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1188.png
98KB, 197x247px
>>31003583
Are Lonely, Naughty, Lax, Mild, Rash, and Gentle natures ever used on anything? I'd rather have 6 open Box slots rather than 6 Synchro Abras I'll never use
>>
>>31004218
some salamances ran lonely in gen 3

I've never seen a pokemon run gentle, seems the worst one
>>
>>31003607
There's actually no EV spread with a Serious/etc. nature that's better than a boosting nature. I think someone proved it a few years ago. They're mathematically useless.
>>
>>31003583
What if the neutral natures were changed in such a way that the + is greater than the -, that way they're natures with no detriment but have less benefit than the others? I think that would at least be nice for in-game.
>>
>>31004275
Neutrals will always be shit unless they are directly buffed.
>>
>>31004235
We'll I'm more concerned with what's current since I'm very limited on Box space due to saving 4 boxes for breeding purposes and with all the non-neutral Abras it leaves me with 19 free spaces. If I can make space until Bank comes out, I'm set.
>>
>>31003674
Sometimes you need all the stats.
I've had a bulky boah Tyranitar in gen 4 with neutral nature. It caused quite a lot of ragequits on Scizors that assumed it was -Speed and went for U-Turn or other shit instead of Bullet Punch only to get burned. I crafted that set very thoroughly with exactly that in mind.

That's was the only time I used neutral nature, but being unpredictable is how you win in Pokemon.
>>
>>31004298
+2% to all stats?
>>
>>31004272
RP purposes for autism I guess.
>>
>>31003655
Hi! Welcome to the Pokemon Therapy Center. Do you want to leave one of your Pokemon with us so we can help expand its outlook?
>>
>>31004218
You've no choice but to run Rash on Raikou if you want to use it with Aura Sphere due to event nature locking
>>
>>31004218
Only gentle and lax are really useless, all others can be used in the more extreme mixed sets, like koko, pheromosa and infernape.
>>
>>31004218
I think every nature except Gentle, Lax and the neutral ones have some sort of use on some pokemon
>jolly, adamant, timid, modest, bold, impish, careful, calm
obvious uses
>hasty, naive
fast mixed attackers
>brave, quiet, sassy, relaxed
Trick room, walls that don't use their speed but do use both attack stats (e.g. EQ+scald quagsire)

>rash, lonely, naughty, mild
Uncommonly used, but extremely fast mixed attackers can use these (mixed LO kingdra and rock polish Mega Diancie run rash)

Mild and Lonely might have a use but I can't think of anything that uses it. Taking priority hits is better for fast things. Something that's very fast but already has good defense stats might want to run lonely. Like if Mega Mence's only way to boost speed was agility or some shit, I could see Lonely being the preferred nature on it.

I legitimately can't think of a single, even theoretical pokemon that would want to use Gentle or Lax though. It'd have to be a wall that uses both attack stats and needs to outspeed things and maximize its damage on both sides, but like that's retarded.
>>
>>31003639

>-def

mixed sweepers tend to use -def natures so they can maximize damage on both sides

>-spd
either for trick room, max gyro ball damage or to beat weather if you so happen to switch your weather starter and they do the same thing. the slower one is the one who gets their weather off.
>>
>>31004494
>It'd have to be a wall that uses both attack stats and needs to outspeed things and maximize its damage on both sides, but like that's retarded.
Wait until we get mega arceus
>>
>>31004520
spd is special defense, spe is speed.
>>
>>31004494
>I legitimately can't think of a single, even theoretical pokemon that would want to use Gentle or Lax though. It'd have to be a wall that uses both attack stats and needs to outspeed things and maximize its damage on both sides, but like that's retarded.
Is it any surprise that the only time I've seen Lax even mentioned as an option is for a genie?

http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/landorus-therian/

An option on the defensive set just to run HP Ice to fuck with your opponents Lando, lel.
>>
>>31004654
Landorus-T is one of the most versatile pokemon ever created.
I'm gonna run a Lax Lando one of these days, looks like it could be a lot of fun
>>
>>31003639
If you're rolling Gyroball or Trick Room on an already slow-as-molasses mon, you want -Speed.
>>
>>31004973
>>31004554
>>
>>31003639
I use -spd on celesteela so she can have both her defences high and use flamethrower and heavy slam
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.