[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you improve Team Flare?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: 195px-XY_Team_Flare_Grunts.png (59KB, 195x328px) Image search: [Google]
195px-XY_Team_Flare_Grunts.png
59KB, 195x328px
How would you improve Team Flare?
>>
>>31003382
By removing them
>>
>>31003382
Give them Flareons.
>>
Make them wear some other colours. Having them just orange, orange and orange was a horrible choice.
>>
1. Improve Lysandre. Make sure he's not so obviously evil at the start of the game, while delving a bit more into why he's a misanthrope.
2. Give the multicolored science sluts some personality while you're at it.
3. More of a complaint with evil teams in general, but stop the "grunts using unevolved Pokémon way longer than they're supposed to" meme
>>
>>31003382
Tie Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde into AZ's lore. And develop Lysandre more.
>>
>>31003382
Kalos should've been more of a shithole to emphasize that Team Flare's basic philosophy of resource scarcity is an actual in-game issue.

I have a feeling that Team Flare's story would've much more effective in the Orre region.
>>
>>31003382
Lysandre is fine. The admins are shit.
The ones who truly need to be improved are AZ (too little screentime) and the legendary "trio" with almost no relevance.
>>
>>31003535
Team Flare Grunts wouldn't survive 5 minutes in Orre
>>
>>31003382

Make them more Nazi’y.
>>
>>31003382

They had no reason doing what they were doin
Lysandere already had the money and areas to do his projects
>>
Not make them look so fucking stupid.
>>
>>31003382
The female grunts are naked
>>
Redesign the grunts and get rid of the Pitbull Admins. Ditch Xerosic entirely. When you give the super sentai robot bitches an actual story and personalities, one of them can take over his parts of the plot.
>>
It's not just team flare that's awful, it's everything surrounding team flare that's awful.

- The amount of story time given to lysandre despite being an obnoxious pokemon hitler.
-The way they're made to look like the bad guys for beating up an abomasnow and then making it do what they want which is literally the exact same thing every pokemon trainer does in all situations.
-The whole dumb "press a button to take a 50/50 shot at ending the world!" where it railroads you into doing stupid shit instead of smearing xerosic's fat ass on the wall
-And as in all situations gen 6 the game's too fucking easy in both battles and exploration so it's just a slog of alternating between being angry and bored.

Fuck gen 6
>>
>>31005094
The Pitbull admins were great though.
>>
Team flare was a mistake
>>
>>31005094
>ditch xerosic
>not ditching lysandre and replacing him with xerosic
>>
>>31005266

xerosic is just as obnoxious but for different reasons. All of them should be given the boot forever.
>>
>>31005155
There's no context as to why those guys would work for someone like Lysandre. There's also no context as to why anyone would listen to them. You don't find out what happens to them after.

I also don't remember, in the slightest, what they do in the game, what their signature Pokemon are, anything they say.. at all. They play no role in the postgame, either. They can easily be axed.

Xerosic's on the chopping block too because he's a shit analog to Charon. With Charon, you knew he was leeching off the opportunity that Galactic provided him, the other Galactic Commanders hated him, and is crazy enough to try to take over Galactic after the fact.

Xerosic is just the head scientist of the robot bitches. Any one of them can take that role, too.
>>
>>31003382
Give them Fire pokemon
Make Malva the leader
>>
>>31005310
i think a fat short bald man being obsessed with preserving the worlds beauty comes off as a lot more interesting a motive than hearing it from a tall royal-blooded chump like lysandre
>>
>>31003382
How about they use the most BEAUTIFUL pokémon instead of Zubat and Poochyena?
>>
File: 1481402295875.png (224KB, 545x988px) Image search: [Google]
1481402295875.png
224KB, 545x988px
>>31005082
Pantsuits > Naked
>>
>>31005266
Xerosic was shit and unmemorable. Lysandre had lots of potential, he's actually a pretty great villain in any other Pokémon media.
>>
>>31003382
Rich fashionable idiots is a fine gimmick. So the grunts worked fine.
Scientists needed to be more distinct. The ice cave plot was stupid and just wasn't interesting.
Lose the Admins. They clutter things entirely

Xerosic needed to have an earlier appearance. The player should have confronted him a sacred grove when they abduct the Legendary Cocoon

Give Malva plot relevance. At least in regards explaining why Diantha did fuck all in the game. An E4 member actively working against the interests of the region and FOR the villain team should have been interesting

Lysandere just needed to be less evil. His generations depiction worked well I felt. An actual philanthropist turned extremist would have worked well.

XY is bursting with great ideas and great lore but they just fail at exploiting it properly
>>
Outside of obvious thinks like developing Lysandre more:
>Better hairstyles, at least for the female grunts. The male is fine, but those pigtails are absolutely hideous.
>Remove the scientists that no one cares about and instead make the nameless admins two unique characters
>Fix those suits. Remove the belt buckle that makes them look like bad Batman knockoffs, make their suits more sleek with a darker shade of red.
>>
>>31005673
fuck off Hillary
>>
>>31003535
This, his philosophy feels forced and AZ seemed tacked on.
>>
>>31003637
I actually couldnt think of what trio you were talking about fir a minute there.

You now realize that you cannot name all E4 or Gym Leaders.
>>
>Get to Kalos Power Plant
>Finally get to fight a Team Flare scientist
>She has a Mightyena and nothing else
Fix this, for one thing.
>>
>>31006080
Bug girl
The old grass man
Crazy eyes fairy lady
Olympia
Korrina
?
?
?

Malva
Siebold
Dragana
?

Diantha
>>
>>31006158
I dont think I can name what types the Kalos gym even covered. Grass, bug, fighting, fairy, ice....
>>
>>31006158
Drasna is the e4 dragon gmilf.
>>
>>31006080
Viola
Grant
Clemont
Korrina
Valerie
Olympia
Wulfric
unimportant gardener guy

Siebold
Malva
Drasna
knight dude whom I forgot his name even though his design is the best out of the four

Diantha

Never even touched XY, how did I do?
>>
File: malva.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
malva.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>31003382
Make Lysander less of a hypocrite by having him double-cross all the rich idiots who paid to be saved. Only himself and the "worthy few" of his choosing should be in the final area, safe from the ultimate weapon.
Drop the scientists entirely, or reinvent them to at least have the personality depth of the Rocket Executives. Make their designs a little more distinct than just technicolor bimbos. Drop the nameless Admins and have the Scientists stand in for them instead.
Make Xerosic actually be Lysandre's right-hand man with the plot relevance that implies instead of "mad scientist who shows up at the eleventh hour for no reason" who isn't relevant until post-game.
There's not really any reason for AZ to be directly tied to Team Flare's plot. Make his lore optional or just divorce it from the finale of the game. If we're gonna get a five minute cutscene, let it explain why Lysandre wants to nuke everything instead.

Make them actually at least a little popular in Kalos instead of everyone just writing them off as tacky elitist assholes. There are plenty of characters who could easily be written to be supporting their message. We have Malva, but she's irrelevant until endgame. Replace one of the Gym Leaders nobody cares about with a pro-Flare Gym Leader. If you want to go full cuh-rayzee have Professor Sycamore go from "oh that wacky Lysandre" to actually being their Head Scientist. Have Serena/Calem actually join Team Flare when they get sick of losing to you.
>>
File: lysandre.gif (2MB, 400x239px) Image search: [Google]
lysandre.gif
2MB, 400x239px
Delete the scientists except for Xerosic.
Give Malva presence in the main story and reveal her true position BEFORE the League.
Make the divide between the rich and poor more apparent in Kalos, along with the issue of wasting resources in the name of vain cultural excess.
Give Lysandre more presence in the story and make him a bit more subtle than a sledgehammer. Actually, this and the point above would go well together.
In the end it would be revealed he was fully aware of the hypocrisy of his rich kid grunts. He only recruited them for
>1. Funding/influence.
>2. To constantly remind himself of why such an extreme plan is needed to help the world.
>3. To round up a lot of the top people on his kill list before the ball gets rolling.
Lastly, give AZ some real presence in the story before the reveal as well.
>>
>>31003382
>Literally called team FLARE
>Not specialized in fire types
One more reason why X and Y are shit
>>
>>31005673
No! Naked Anabel is best Anabel! Naked Anabel running around trying to cover her nipples and vagina with her hands!
>>
Lysandre should have seen you as someone worth saving in his perfect utopia, and invited you to his secret evil base.

He wouldn't be worried about you derailing his plans because he's a super prideful asshole that can't lose, and also wouldn't think you could catch a legendary.
>>
>>31007082
These are actually all good points and I find it funny that Lysandre would work better in the real world rather than the world of Pokémon, where everything seems perfect and nobody has to suffer poverty. He always reminds me of the Law faction in Shin Megami Tensei.
>>31007121
You do know that they're called "Flare" (also a pun on flair) referencing Surtr (embodied by Lysandre) and Ragnarok (embodied by the Ultimate Weapon firing off), right? It doesn't have anything to do with the types they're using. It's not like Team Plasma used electric types.
>>
>>31007121
It's actually supposed to be a homonym for "flair."
>Stylishness and originality.
>Finesse, poise, elegance, sparkle, etc.
Considering the theme of the team and Lysandre's obsession with preserving "beauty in the world," it kind of makes sense desu.
Although I kind of do wish that they had teams of pokemon considered to be beautiful such as Ninetales or Aurorus.
>>
File: team wasted potential.png (102KB, 301x499px) Image search: [Google]
team wasted potential.png
102KB, 301x499px
2 minutes in Photoshop

Not much better, but still an improvement I think
>>
>>31009173
I miss the orange glasses (which have a counterpart in Lysandre's visor), black shades feel...generic.
Pants are an improvement though.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.