[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your expectations for Gen 8?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11

File: zardface.png (49KB, 251x200px) Image search: [Google]
zardface.png
49KB, 251x200px
What are your expectations for Gen 8?
>>
>>30997437
Bottlecap that drops a stat to the number it would be if the IV was 0.
>>
no more introductions to shitty features like megas or z moves
>>
My usual expectations of literally nothing failed me when I was still somehow disappointed with SM, so I guess this time I'll expect the best game ever, then maybe I'll be able to delude myself into thinking it's great.
>>
>>30997478

Please GF
>>
More Gen 1 pandering
>>
more introductions to shitty features like megas or z moves
>>
File: Lisa's_Nightmareopaw.jpg (27KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Lisa's_Nightmareopaw.jpg
27KB, 512x384px
I want a new game that doesn't feel rushed!
>>
>>30997437
No word till 2019, release in 2020
>>
A game that's essentially as QUALITY as RB are, just with 3D graphicsand constant frame drops
>>
File: IMG_0979.jpg (85KB, 528x606px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0979.jpg
85KB, 528x606px
>ultra beast dimension exploration
>mega evolution is brought back
>double region game
>gen 4 remake
>new type
>>
File: 1405163767345.png (17KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1405163767345.png
17KB, 500x300px
>>30997506
I hope they never stop this.
>>
File: 1482093164040.gif (33KB, 598x450px) Image search: [Google]
1482093164040.gif
33KB, 598x450px
i hope they introduce a machine that lets you change the pokeball of your pokemon

im still not sure if it was a good choice to catch my shiny talonflame on a luxury ball
>>
>>30997437
>multi battles are removed
>exp. share is a held item available from the battle facility for 64BP
>berries are removed
>half of the Z-Crystals are removed, but arbitrary types are kept for the hell of it
>all mega stones are removed except charizard's and lucario's
>no old pokémon except kanto's
>lucky egg now a lottery prize, no other way to get one
>hyper training removed completely
>less than 70 new pokémon
>no pokédex at all "so pokémon stop feeling like statistics"
>festival plaza removed, and any wi-fi functions exclusive to it now require going into the pokémon center basement and going through dialogue prompts
>still no dark gym leader
At most it'll have a B-tier story that causes people to defend it anyway.
>>
>>30997681

Remove yourself at once.
>>
Something on the Switch.

Finally, decent (for a mainline Pokémon game) hardware.
>>
More Pokemon with better speed and stats.
>>
>>30997437
Mega Z-Moves
>>
>>30997681
>>festival plaza removed, and any wi-fi functions exclusive to it now require going into the pokémon center basement and going through dialogue prompts

If we aren't getting PSS back, I'd rather have this than Festival Plaza again.
>>
Pokemon transformation like what was hinted at by the scientist in Couriway Town.
>>
>>30997437

>Hyper training at level 50
>Hyper training is a slider, allowing you to pick any IV between 0 to 31
>There's a facility for easy EV training after the endgame (kinda like pokepelago, something like 1 max EV every 12 hours)
>A capsule that changes pokemon's nature
>A special super hard as dickballs to obtain capsule that allows you to unlock hidden abilities
>>
>>30997437
Disappointment.
>>
>>30997437
Considering that ever generation after 3 has gotten worse and worse, I can safely assume that Gen 8 will fucking finally bring an end to Pokémon.
>>
File: 1407169590160.png (220KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
1407169590160.png
220KB, 400x384px
>no new megas
>no new regional variants
>no new ultra beasts
>no new z moves
>some new and interesting concept introduced
>doesn't return in gen 9
>>
sinnoh remakes pushed to gen9/10 as punishment for almost killing the franchise with diamond and pearl
>>
>>30998150
>almost killing the franchise
>blew the fuck out of the entirety of Gen III salewise whether it was debut sales or lifetime
>>
Return of triple battles
>>
>>30997524
> Fusion moves and Fusion pokemons.
>>
>>30997437
A game that's actually finished.

Most games on the market have shit they don't get to, but SM's filled with shit that looks like the marketing team came in a week before release and said "LOOK, TIME'S UP, PACK WHAT YOU HAVE AND SHIP IT!"
>>
>>30997811
This.

But also, get rid of festival plaza. Fuck festival plaza.
>>
>>30997437
More cutscenes and waifus.

Alternate forms for the remaining Kanto pokemon.

Another broken system like "Ultra Abilities" or some other crap.

5 FPS battles.
>>
>Would like
Megas phased out
Z-moves expanded since they're a less divisive and game-breaking mechanic
Region forms expanded since those were also well-received for the most part
HMs stay dead
Gen 4 remakes beforehand
Gen 2 on virtual console
Gen 5 remakes after the main game
Entry hazard nerf(s)
Buff to an outdated/forgotten strat
A handful of the PU-mons available in the new region get buffed
Switch spinoff at minimum
Switch main-game at most
Poke-Spain

>Not looking forward to
A new gimmick that gets shoved down your throat HARD during the game's story
A new character in Smash 5 that most people agree is garbage and/or shouldn't be there
Something super special and awesome happens to Pikachu/Zard/Mewtwo/Yougetthepoint
Meta gets broken, again
Smogon handles their bans/tiers/rulesets horribly, again
Coming way too soon after gen 7
If it's on 3DS, the models and animations get reused from XY/SM
Less than 100 new pokemon
Of those <100 Pokemon, at least a third of them have shit designs. Let it be known that 1/3 will probably be the unevolved pokemon that look like bobble-heads and that the remaining 2/3 will range wildly from meh to GOAT
Central cast is entirely harmless and inoffensive because Gary Oak hurt little Timmy's feelings back in the 90s
Overall tone nearly lacks true threats because then you wouldn't feel like a tourist having a fun time in a comfy/beautiful foreign land
Main villains are doing something jarringly large-scale
Champion/Final Boss is a supportive friend, making the battle lose any sense of scale or weight
Whole thing gets a massive leak shortly before release
None of the starters appeal to me
Ice type is still shit
Fairy is still OP
IVs kept

>Neutral/depends how it turns out
Gyms don't return, and neither do island trials since those depend on the region being a series of islands
At least three of my prior predictions turn out to be dead-fucking-wrong
>>
>>30997530
I guess every game by Game Freak is rushed now, huh? Kill yourself anytime.
>>
>>30997437
More charizard forms
>>
>>30999177
>Less than 100 new pokemon
I don't get the quantity argument. Personally, if Gamefreak only put out 20 new pokemon in a Gen, including the legendaries, but those 20 mons were A+ in design and/or functionality, I'd live with it.
>>
>>30999305
the people who should die are the ones who think there are more than 2 genders
>>
>>30999315
Hell man I wouldn't even care if they were all just evos of existing Pokémon, if there designs were ducking scrumptious i'd be ducking bonered to the moon.
>>
>>30997437
I got a few
>Keep going with regional variants
>Do something with battle bond besides making a shittier version of protean greninja
>More balls, don't care how fucking esoteric they get, just more balls please
>bottle caps now are easier to get and hyper training is an input of sorts of how much IVs you want
>More ways of EV training
>More than just 70 pokemon, not alot but just a couple ten more at least
>BAN ALL FUCKING LEGENDARIES FROM ONLINE NO EXCEPTIONS
>Do something with the walking animations, if digimon can, your way richer asses can do it too
>B A T T L E F R O N T I E R
Although knowing gamefreak, they won't do any of this shit
>>
>>30999315
gens 1-5 are proof that quantity and quality are not mutually exclusive, while gen 6's good:bad ratio isn't significantly better than anything before it, stop making this argument
>>
>>30999315
Me neither, 20 good things giving me an autism attack deciding what to stick on my team beats the shit out of 200 turds going straight into a box while I use my existing favorites any day of the week.

There were a few things I liked in SM, but most of it was underwhelming or just not my style.
>>
>>30999446
I don't think I've ever seen a new dex I've liked a significant portion of, especially the Gen V dex, but that also could just be because I hated the sprites.
>>
>>30999446
>gens 1-5 are proof that quantity and quality are not mutually exclusive
1-4

But you really only need 2 for your argument since that has neither.
>>
I would like another exclusive region like gen 5, where you only see new pokemon until post game, but I don't think that will ever happen.

>z-moves on the back burner with megas.
>new gimmick is special pokemon "armor"
>Fallowing comes back
>>
Now that they've come up with Megas, Z-Moves and regional variants, I want them to settle down and focus on making more new of these, balance the existing ones and fine tune their movesets and abilities, instead of creating yet another new gimmick.
>>
>>30997437
Fully customizable player character is all I ask
>>
>>30999446
The argument doesn't stop being applicable just because gamefreak's too retarded to understand the concept of telling fans to shove off and stop demanding stupid shit of them.
>>
File: 1347756350722.jpg (70KB, 477x534px) Image search: [Google]
1347756350722.jpg
70KB, 477x534px
>>30997437
at this point they've got so many pokemon in the numbering i hope they flat out split down the line of what pokemon in the whole games you encounter on different routes
like say route 1 in Version 1 has it's own pokemon and route 1 in Version 2 has entirely different pokemon
and it's like that for each route in each game
>>
>>30999341
Funny.
Did you come up with that insult yourself?
>>
complete rebalancing of all fully evolved pokemon so you have more options of what to use in competitive
>>
>>30999519
Even just on a basis of realism I don't really like the idea, it's maybe cool in that it makes you try out something different but honestly if I'm bored of what I like I'll figure it out myself, I enjoy my favorites and a new entry in the series offers so much more than just the new dex. I'd rather they just not give the new shit such awful encounter rates like SM did.

>>new gimmick is special pokemon "armor"
>tfw I would be okay with this
Even if it didn't really do anything, I'd really like some shit like that to at least personalize my team a little more.
>>
>>30999560
I actually think that sounds like a good idea. That will further encourage trading between versions, and also encourage players to buy both versions.
>>
>>30997437
HMs return :^)
>>
>>30997437
no more genwun pandering.
>>30997506
fuck you!
>>
>>30999560
>encourage players to buy both versions
Any other ideas?
>>
File: IMG_0205.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0205.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>>30999457
>if there's a small amount of something, all of it is guranteed to be good
>if there's a lot of something, all of it is guranteed to be bad
>>
>>31000151
Not really what I said at all, though it's still true that a smaller batch doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be a good one in this context, I usually dislike a good portion of a new dex on a thematic basis rather than a pure design basis.
>>
>>30997437
Less than 70 new Pokemon
Even more story railroading
Even more braindead single player adventure
Ultimate Training where you can exit your Pokemon's IVs freely with a slider but only if it's a shiny
>>
>>30997437
More references to older games. A more interconnected story.

>>30999992
>fuck you!
No, fuck you.
>>
File: filename thread.jpg (47KB, 550x373px) Image search: [Google]
filename thread.jpg
47KB, 550x373px
>>30997437
Two steps forward
One step back
>SM doesn't remember the last item you used
>we've had this very simple and convenient feature for TEN YEARS
>>
>>30997681
Who hurt you
>>
Disappointment.
>>
>>31000300
>>SM doesn't remember the last item you used
??? in what context? it seems to remember what I use in battles just fine
>>
>>30999177
I like this alot.
>>
Gengar regains Levitate
>>
>>30997437
What I want
>100+ new Pokemon
>15 cross gen evolutions
>15 megas
>Starters that change just enough without being to similar or losing the appeal
>No more gimmicks added
>More teams of 6 used by NPcs and bosses
>Long post game

What I expect
>Edgelord humanoid fire starter
>Masculine humanoid water starter
>Wafiuing grass starter
>Exp share 5 minutes in
>Gen 1 pandering
>Stupid gimmick
>~70 Pokemon 75% have been revealed prior
>>
File: 1435583769005.jpg (425KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1435583769005.jpg
425KB, 600x800px
>>30997437
Mega Luxray(or some kind of buff)
Trainer customization that doesn't suck.
New pokémon
Super Training
Walking around with pokémon
Age(with the story changing depending on your age)
Eviolite works on pokémon that can mega evolve(on that note, an ATK version of eviolite).
Ride your own Pokémon.
Be able to dress up your party with accessories.
>>
>>30997879
You forgot pokeride removed and HMs return
>>
>>30999567
that jew Dr.Money helped
>>
>>30999446
Except that gens 2 and 5 are. When more than half of the dex looks like shit you know you have a problem.
>>
>>30997437
I can't really say I have any except for the knowledge that they'll probably add a new mechanic for battles. GF is tough to predict in everything but region location
>>
>>30997437
More cross gen evos
Fairies getting a weakness that doesn't get rekt by ground.
Fly becoming a one turn move with 100 accuracy
Removal of IVs
A non crappy pseudo.
Functional designs.i.e.No more stupid bow wings,quadruped swordsmen,generalist beaks on birds of prey and inflated heads.
>>30999177
>>31002708

You will probably get what you hate,and not what you want.
>>
>Johto/Sinnoh/Unova Megas (at least starter-wise)
>New regional variants
>Hypertraining (modified to allow positive or negative growth) returns
>PSS returns
>Pokemon Refresh returns - in tandem with HG/SS pokemon companionship in overworld
>Battle Frontier returns
>Battle Royale returns as a frontier Facility
>Eventmons are actual events instead of handouts
>Z-Moves return as a postgame reward for beating specific Su/Mo characters inclusive of Lillie and Chicken-chan
>SoS wild battles return
>EXP. Share is a held item again
>VS Seeker/an equivalent is returned
>Secret Bases/Underground return
>More mini-games ala gamecorner or whatever.
2 regions to travel to
>>
>>30998150
>almost killing the franchise
R/S? Couldn't trade up past mons from Gen 1/2, prompting sub-par RB remakes that only continue to be relevant because of the rom hacking scene.
OR
Diaperbeam, which was slow as fuck and didn't bother fixing the problems with GSC
OR
Gen 5, which was dull and boring and introduced nothing but gay yokai watch digimon
OR
Gen 6, which actually exists
OR
ORAS, which also exist and don't even make their generation bearable, like Emerald did with 3 or HGSS did with 4
OR
S/M, which have a limited dex, no pokebank support until January, half-assed replacing the gyms and HMs, and continue the mediocrity that is Gamefreak since XYORAS.
If XYORAS weren't bad enough to kill the franchise, I don't know what will. Even PGO got people talking, and that's just a screen tapping walking game. You could can dog shit and call it Doggo the Legendary Borf, as long as it were an official release it'd sell.
>>
>>30997437
idk fusions I guess
>>
just fuck off with the forget forgetting moves thing and just have it so you have access to your entire move list without having to go back and forth to a move deleter if you want to get something back
but you can only equip 4 moves at a time for battles of course
>>
Retcon trade evos
>>
>>31003203
>Gen 5, which was dull and boring and introduced nothing but gay yokai watch digimon
And a commercial failure, too.
>>
Things I would like
>return of puzzles of some kind.
>routes that aren't just a straight walk from A to B.
>SOS can call up to five partners, but you can throw a pokeball at a specific one. This will not end the battle if you capture it though. The item guarantees successful SOS calls for at least one partner.

The rest is pretty good as is.
>>
>>31003203
>diaperbeam
>memeing this hard
lol
>>
>>30998880
>5 FPS
So, a noticeable improvement, then?
>>
>>30997437
Prism will still be better and that's sad.
>>
>>31000151
Nobody fucking said that you prokaryotic being.
>>
File: jimbo.jpg (53KB, 639x599px) Image search: [Google]
jimbo.jpg
53KB, 639x599px
>>30999305
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.