[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best combo for this game? How good is Piplup?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

Best combo for this game? How good is Piplup?
>>
>>30993922
Chespin + Anyone
Homestly, Chespin can solo the game. Something like Charmader + Chespin is easy mode
>>
Haven't played this one yet. What non-traditional starters are available for the player/partner?
>>
>>30994142
It has all the Gen 1-6 starters but the only other available starters are Riolu and Pikachu
>>
>tfw no PMD threads ever
>even the general died forever
As an aside, does Super feel a little aimless at times to anyone else?
Because the dungeons are so spread out with no clear indication as to the levels (Super and Very Difficult for example vary wildly) I was at a loss in deciding where to go
Plus the 'Pokemon is out traveling' thing just made it hard for me to invest vitamins into anything. I hated being punished for wanting to grind out my core mons

Still great, though
>>
File: 57370123_p0.jpg (538KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
57370123_p0.jpg
538KB, 900x1273px
I want to bully that Deerling
>>
File: d4309.gif (918KB, 408x311px) Image search: [Google]
d4309.gif
918KB, 408x311px
How does this game hold up compared to Explorers? I played Darkness and loved it so I was thinking of buying Super tomorrow. Skipping Gates because I heard that one was shitty.
>>
>>30994654
Explorers is still the best, but Super is an extremely close second, with its only massive flaw being its pacing issues. And Gates honestly wasn't bad--it just had the misfortune of coming out after Explorers, which many people consider the best Pokemon spinoff, if not game.
>>
File: 1478692083011.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1478692083011.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
Reminder that this is canon according to the Rotomdex
>>
>>30994171
Does it have all the XY and ORAS Megas?
>>
>>30994461
general will come back when the next pmd game is talked about

>>30994654
>>30994707
super has better gameplay imho
>>
File: 1469493414010.png (417KB, 400x520px) Image search: [Google]
1469493414010.png
417KB, 400x520px
>>30994654
Super has the best gameplay but the content doesn't really exploit that. On I personal level I love it and it is my favorite so far but it can be a massive hit or miss
>>
>>30994654
Gates isn't that bad.
>>
>>30994833
Yeah.
But its only a temp thing if you can find the stone in a dungeon.
Plus when you exit mega you go ballistic and can kill your teammates.
>>
>>30995543
>when the next pmd game is talked about
Mystery Dungeon is going to be like Rangers and disappear off the map forever.
>>
File: 1479242632404.jpg (23KB, 600x408px) Image search: [Google]
1479242632404.jpg
23KB, 600x408px
>>30995705
pmd is chunsoft's best selling series and the most successful pokemon spinoff in general other than Go which is a free app regardless, chances of it just falling off the map are low
>>
>>30994654
>How does this game hold up compared to Explorers?
Gameplay wise, it's the best one in the series
Story wise, it's start very original but then after the mid point it becomes somewhat lame, also the main antagonist is stupid edgy and kind of stupid.

>Skipping Gates because I heard that one was shitty.
Don't, Gates to infinity is worth your time, honestly, to me it has the best story of all PMD, that is enhanced by some amazing intense cinematics, the problem with this game is that it has no postgame, the building system could have been done much better, and it does the same BW mentality of ''we need to push gen V mons super hard, so we will have only gen V pokemon''
>>
I feel like super tried o do too many things at once and failed at most of them, like the cast of characters, nethier your friends at the school nor the Pokemon at the explorers thingy (i dont remember how it was called, where ampharos and company) were not developed enough so I got the feeling that their arcs were incomplete.

The gameplay was nice with all the new features and all that but it didnt feel like a huge advance from GTI or even Explorers, if is not broken you dont have fix it, so not problem with that aside from the final battle which was in a similar format to GTI and is utter SHIT.

And the music was really forgettable for the most part, aside from your partner's theme I dont remember any of the songs.

I wouldnt say is a bad game but pretty mediocre overall, I liked better GTI, which even if at most of this aspects was the same, at least the story had focus and was more enjoyable overall.
>>
>>30995885
the music was good and super also had remastered versions of old game tracks too
>>
>>30995885
>And the music was really forgettable for the most part, aside from your partner's theme I dont remember any of the songs.
Off yourself.
Super had one of the best soundtracks behind Sky.

The game play was a slight advance from Gates which was good. The game play is pretty damn good now and doesn't need changing, just tweaking.

I wouldn't have minded versing the Super final boss if it wasn't a complete rehash of gates final boss but with a new name and look.

I believe what Super lacked in story it made up for with its game play and post game. I just wish Arceus was a boss rahter then just a instant friend.
>>
>>30994654
I thought it was shit. You had to rely on items like crazy and it annoyed me.
>>
>>30996010
>Implying you didn't rely on reviver seeds and IQ skills in Sky
Its the same shit
>>
>>30996010
having to rely on items is par for the course in a roguelike though. it was a welcome shift in difficulty since you had to think about what you were gonna bring aside from your apples and reviver seeds
>>
>>30996042
Maybe you're just bad
>>
>>30996047
Apples and hunger should have stayed removed, it serves no purpose other than making you waste some bag space on apples, it has no benefits and many cons
>>
>>30996095
That is stupid. Hunger gives a reason to not want to use rare items and passing through wall moves.
Plus it makes you have to decide between whats more important, useful items or food.
You literally want the game to be in baby mode without it. Its an important part of the difficulty. Esspecially how it can make you waste through reviver seeds if you don't properly take food.
The introduction of small and large reviver seeds was also really good.
>>
>>30996095
what do you want out of a roguelike anon if you don't want to have to do anything other than hit your room-clearing attack every time you see a mob walk towards you on the map
>>
>>30996042
>>30996047
What I meant was that your attack damage is worse than in previous entries whereas item damage is conversely raised. I didn't like that.
>>
>>30996156
Not really. I mean Sky had seeds which could make battles super easy. Now they are just wands.
In fact they were pretty bad too as most bosses recovered from statuses super fast.
And even then, attack damage gets higher with more usage and using items. You can buff out crap moves to be super strong with enough cash.
>>
File: 1482497177662.png (361KB, 918x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1482497177662.png
361KB, 918x1280px
Personally I think PMD should introduce the unidentified potion mechanic in some way or form. Make a new class of seed or orb and randomise the effects every dungeon, requiring you to experiment with the item or use a special item or move to identify it for you.

>>30996156
Attack damage in Super was fine. You can oneshot bosses if you really tried.
You needed to have a few wands and orbs on hand for when enemies put themselves in advantageous positions against you. Like having a petrify orb around for emergencies or when you walk or get teleported into a monster house unprepared.
>>
>>30996202
I liked the mysteryiosity in Gates.
Shame it got removed
>>
>>30996226
yeah i'd like mysteriosity to come back, that was a fun mechanic
>>
>>30996127
Like i said, it has no benefits and many cons.
>Hunger gives a reason to not want to use rare items and passing through wall moves.
Rare items such as?, and there could be another better mechanic for going through walls, such as getting a pretty bad debuff every 3 steps through a wall

>Its an important part of the difficulty. Esspecially how it can make you waste through reviver seeds if you don't properly take food.
It's not a important part of the difficulty, is a punishment FOR EXPLORING, which is the maint point of dungeons, you go there an explore every room because you want to find valuable items.
The main threat should be other bad pokemon, not your own belly.

also
>You literally want the game to be in baby mode without it.

>kek
>>
>>30996518
hunger is a standard mechanic in basically every roguelike out there because you're not meant to cruise around the dungeons at your leisure and you have to pick between mapping out each floor or cutting your losses when you get the chance

exploring and 100%ing every floor in a dungeon is definitely not the point to the mystery dungeon series
>>
>>30996518
Dungeons are supposed to be menacing for more reasons other then the enemies inside.
Why not remove traps too, they punish you for exploring.
Its the combination of all threats that make dungeons fun and challenging.
If anything I think hunger should be expanded on having more things it affects.
>>
>>30996664
I like that alliance attacks drained your hunger rather rapidly if you used them commonly. More like that next game please.
>>
>>30996590
There's already another mechanic in the game for that, it's called The wind, they would just need to adjust the wind to come sooner, also they could just make it so the pokemon in the floor get buffed and have higher spawn rate the longer you stay.
>>
>>30996700
because Wind is a hard timer on how long you can be on a floor and hunger is a soft timer on how long you can survive in a dungeon which can be manipulated through items like the satiated looplet, tight belt and the various moves that drain the user's hunger

they serve the same overall purpose but in extremely different ways
>>
>>30996226
Those were great, it was weird it didn't come back.

>>30996664
>If anything I think hunger should be expanded on having more things it affects.
That's the thing, it needs to have something that makes it fun, something like if you stay over 50% you can mega evolve or this skill make you stronger when you're down to 30%, but as it is right now, it's just an annoying mechanic that came back for no good reason.
>>
I hope that in the next game the accuracy.is not tied with the speed that was retarded
>>
>>30997307
Yeah, it's an unironically awful call
Travel Speed is fine, though
>>
>>30997351
>>30997307
What would you do with Speed?
I guess Speed could be the chance of getting an extra action after performing an action that isn't moving.
Another alternative is that Speed affects the chances of a trap you step on not going off, belly-efficiency, the power of Gyro Ball and Electro-Ball, and how long Speed buff and penalties last.

Or just get rid of Speed altogether and just pour the free base stat points into all the other stats.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.